Photo

GTA Vice City Starter Save Discussion

30 replies to this topic
Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Lennart -, 3 weeks ago.

GTA Vice City Starter Save Discussion

If you are looking for the starter save tasks, a place to discuss the starter save or only want a starter save, you came to the right place.

This is a list of everything that is possible to be done before entering the marker at the Ocean View Hotel,

● 100 Hidden Packages
● 35/35 Rampages (one shouldn't be completed as the UC Black conversion during "The Party" requires one)
● 35/36 Unique Stunts (one is not possible to do prior to the mission "G-Spotlight"
● Paramedic level 12
● Vigilante level 12
● Pizzaboy level 10
● Firefighter level 12
● 100 Taxi Fares
● RC Baron Race
● RC Raider Pickup
● RC Bandit Race
● Hotring
● Dirt Ring
● Bloodring
● Test Track
● Trial by Dirt
● PCJ Playground
● 15 Stores Robbed
● All safehouses are bought

All unique vehicles that can be obtained at this stage of the game are the following:

UC Light Grey Admiral from the intro cutscene
NE Bloodring Bangers from the stadium
UC Black Rancher
UC Black Sanchez from Trial by Dirt+Testtrack
NE Taxi
NE Cabbie
NE Kaufman
FP/EP Hotring Racer

There are PC/om0 only vehicles too.
FP/EP Hotring A&B 
AP Sanchez

Unique RC Baron 

Here you can see a starter save which is, at least in my eyes, perfect.
It's a mobile save tho.
http://gtasnp.com/ePc57b
Here you can see its stats:

If you want to share your starter save, do it here. Other people will thank you.

• Tomasak likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 3 weeks ago.

Missing

Also, so many Topics like this to exist, they are just not called Starter Save Discussion...

http://gtaforums.com...entry1068533157

http://gtaforums.com...entry1068835041

Also Arsen Vitiuk has the best Starter Save already.  His Total Playing Time is 6-7 Hours and achieved 44% with 1 Safehouse Visit and not the nonsense you can do on Mobile using Autosave, thus not going back to a Safehouse to save the game, thus not generating +1 in the Stats.  He had Photos of it in my PM with him from 2016 and it was for the PS2 Version...

Anyone can use Autosave and get 1 Safehouse Visit for VC Mobile.  It's not hard.  Try it on another Platform and you'll be forced to save, then...

Also, it's not PC Only for the EP/FP Hotring Racer in a Starter Save...You can get it on any Platform, but it's not going to be easy.  Unless you're on PC and use the wack ass Replay Feature.  Furthermore, you didn't add the Unique RC Baron or Unique/EC RC Bandit to the list of things you can get in a Starter Save...

Only the A/B Hotring Racers are for PC Only cuz Replay...

And let me guess?  Just showcasing FR's Mobile Starter Save done with Autosave...Lol...

• Lennart - and SpriteFan274 like this

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

This save was done without the autosave.
He even did this twice because the first time the Hunter landed on him.
:D

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 3 weeks ago.

Meh, either way, access to EASIER Methods?  Always does that.  I don't believe it.  Anyone can just say they did it without Autosave, anyways, even though they used it.  How come he doesn't have 1 on the PC Version, then?  Cuz he can't use Autosave, of course.

Also, I edited my Post above as you had some wrong information, like saying the EP/FP Hotring Racer is PC Only.  It's not.  Player's, anyone can get it.  Opponents A/B is only for PC cuz Replay sh*t...

And in the edit, I guess I was right, just showcasing more of FR's stuff.  Your Profile...Who's Saves are those?  Apparently you're PM'ing people and asking for their Saves.  Try it yourself?

Oh, and here is yet another Topic about VC Starter Save.  That is now 3 of them...

http://gtaforums.com...entry1066369878

Linking zmoonchild's Post, though, as it shows how easy it is to tell when people bullsh*t Saves...

• SpriteFan274 likes this

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Lennart -, 3 weeks ago.

Believe what you want :miranda:

For his PC Starter save, its 3 saves. one extra for the Baron which makes it 2 saves.

Those saves on my profile are mine. I asked Sprite if he could give me his because I suck at ps2. Wouldn't have posted it tho. Currently I am on a gta 3 starter save which should be finished fairly soon.

gaeldemarseille
  • gaeldemarseille

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by gaeldemarseille, 2 weeks ago.

I've made a starter save 3 weeks ago that obsolete all previous (PC) starter saves where i use arbitrary code execution to unlock everything that doesn't change the savefile name
http://gtaforums.com...e-2017-edition/

I didn't get any "unique" vehicle as that's not my thing and could just use ACE to spawn any kind of vehicle

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've made a starter save 3 weeks ago that obsolete all previous (PC) starter saves where i use arbitrary code execution to unlock everything that doesn't change the savefile name
http://gtaforums.com...e-2017-edition/

I didn't get any "unique" vehicle as that's not my thing and could just use ACE to spawn any kind of vehicle

So you're saying that every HARD WORK and dedication is obsolete and pointless because you cheated your way through the Starter Save?

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

gaeldemarseille
  • gaeldemarseille

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

"cheated" lol
The starter save from 2008 is the cheated one.
Also I've done as much hard work to complete everything done in previous starter save and more

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

I know Del's 2008 VC Starter Save is heavily cheated and obvious to be fake as f*ck... Zmoonchild pointed it out while nobody could see the forest through the trees...

But still, Game File Editing = Cheating. Simple as that.

hoXiu
  • hoXiu

While we wait for this politician, I will go for a swim

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

I know Del's 2008 VC Starter Save is heavily cheated and obvious to be fake as f*ck... Zmoonchild pointed it out while nobody could see the forest through the trees...

But still, Game File Editing = Cheating. Simple as that.

But.. there's no file editing going on? 

gaeldemarseille
  • gaeldemarseille

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

I didn't modify any game files, I just added .mp3 files into the MP3 folder as invited by the game

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

You basically contradicted yourself there. Adding .mp3 files into a MP3 Folder IS Game File Editing. I honestly have no idea what ACE truly is, but seeing from the Twitch Streams, you were able to get 100% Completion in a Starter Save through it. Without the addition of those .mp3 Files, how would you get 100% in VC? That's right, the normal way where you complete every Story/Asset/Side Mission and Collectible normally, not counting that SSU stuff... Then what's the point of even doing a Starter Save when you can get 100% in a Starter Save using MP3 Magic?

I do not degrade anyone's work or dedication in any Game, but so shouldn't you degrade and say that every Starter Save (that was made the Traditional Way) is obsolete, because you used MP3 and Game File Magic to achieve the same thing.

Also, Sunshine Autos Races and Sparrow Checkpoint Races are not included in the VC Starter Save list as they're unlocked from the Story... How do you unlock stuff from the Story in a Starter Save? That's right, by cheating.

hoXiu
  • hoXiu

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

You basically contradicted yourself there. Adding .mp3 files into a MP3 Folder IS Game File Editing. I honestly have no idea what ACE truly is, but seeing from the Twitch Streams, you were able to get 100% Completion in a Starter Save through it. Without the addition of those .mp3 Files, how would you get 100% in VC? That's right, the normal way where you complete every Story/Asset/Side Mission and Collectible normally, not counting that SSU stuff... Then what's the point of even doing a Starter Save when you can get 100% in a Starter Save using MP3 Magic?

I do not degrade anyone's work or dedication in any Game, but so shouldn't you degrade and say that every Starter Save (that was made the Traditional Way) is obsolete, because you used MP3 and Game File Magic to achieve the same thing.

Also, Sunshine Autos Races and Sparrow Checkpoint Races are not included in the VC Starter Save list as they're unlocked from the Story... How do you unlock stuff from the Story in a Starter Save? That's right, by cheating.

So in your opinion using a PC exclusive feature is cheating? What kind of logic is that?

• Tomasak likes this

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

Want to know another PC Exclusive Feature? Download someone else's Starter Save from the Internet and play it.

Anything that changes the Game Files IS cheating, no need to argue about that... 

hoXiu
  • hoXiu

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Want to know another PC Exclusive Feature? Download someone else's Starter Save from the Internet and play it.

Anything that changes the Game Files IS cheating, no need to argue about that... 

Actually, that's not a PC exclusive feature, you can do that on PS2/Xbox/Mobile as well with the right knowledge.

Powdinet
  • Powdinet

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Everything in Gael's save can be done without ACE (meaning no mp3 files "editing") by just doing lots of SSU. Game file editing is not a valid argument.

• Tomasak, hoXiu, gaeldemarseille and 1 other like this

gaeldemarseille
  • gaeldemarseille

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

From vice city's readMe.txt

MP3 Radio Station files:
We have provided the ability to play the users own music files instead of the
Radio Stations. Simply place your MP3 files into your "Grand Theft Auto Vice City/MP3"
directory, and then use the "change station" key to cycle to the MP3 radio station.

• hoXiu and Zachoholic like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 2 weeks ago.

I just want to see someone do a speedrun on a Console without all these one sided, exclusive tricks to one Platform.

I watched Powdinet's III Rampage Speedrun on Youtube the other day, only to see it using some Replay/Punch/Teleport thing.  Then I saw in Blow up 13 Cars in 2 Minutes, some Replay stuff where the On Fire Vehicles duplicated or something and got the Rampages passed quicker and easier.  I guess speedrun means that: Go as fast as possible, at all cost, even if it's using tricks to one Platform, hence why I said...How would you manage to do this on a Console or compete on a Console when everything uploaded to Youtube is always PC and showing "those" exploits to get it done?

I don't care what other people do, but it's one of the reasons I actually like the PS2 Versions, since everyone and their neighbor is playing PC.  Something you can manipulate all too easy.  Maybe not many people are playing Mobile, but you can manipulate that, too.  Modding is possible on PC/Mobile, so when I catch people in lies in the past (like FR), why would I believe that they did this stuff today?  PC/Mobile is easy to manipulate, so it's not so impressive to me when I see any of these things.  I just close out and try and find a better Video showing how to do it without the use of these tricks in the process.

• SpriteFan274 likes this

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by SpriteFan274, 2 weeks ago.

The MP3 Player original intended use is to play any Songs that the player wants during gameplay, NOT to spawn stuff, break the game and get 100% Completion early. So that is not an excuse... Adding Files on the Game Folders to alter the Gameplay = Cheating.

What's the point of actually completing your own Starter Save when you can download it or just edit the Files to get to your goal? ACE, SSU and stuff like that, they all remind me of the Beat-A-Game Button from AVGN. Why bother completing something and take actual dedication to it, when you can just cheat? I'm done with this pointless argument.

VC and III are just the worst of the Series when it comes to glitching your way through the game...

Again, I'm not saying anyone's work is bad or inferior, but using methods like these are just the noob way out. I will only be impressed if the goal was accomplished within the actual Game, without any Mods/Cheats/Editing.

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago

some Replay stuff where the On Fire Vehicles duplicated or something and got the Rampages passed quicker and easier.

Just FYI, this is possible on PS2, if you refer to using Firefighter to complete rampage.
  • Zachoholic likes this

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

Here is another ACE save, 100% and the UC Admiral. Nothing else; Mission attempts still add so you have to complete the normal tasks.

https://drive.google...Q09UbEttWTdJaE0

I just want to see someone do a speedrun on a Console without all these one sided, exclusive tricks to one Platform.

I watched Powdinet's III Rampage Speedrun on Youtube the other day, only to see it using some Replay/Punch/Teleport thing.  Then I saw in Blow up 13 Cars in 2 Minutes, some Replay stuff where the On Fire Vehicles duplicated or something and got the Rampages passed quicker and easier.  I guess speedrun means that: Go as fast as possible, at all cost, even if it's using tricks to one Platform, hence why I said...How would you manage to do this on a Console or compete on a Console when everything uploaded to Youtube is always PC and showing "those" exploits to get it done?

I don't care what other people do, but it's one of the reasons I actually like the PS2 Versions, since everyone and their neighbor is playing PC.  Something you can manipulate all too easy.  Maybe not many people are playing Mobile, but you can manipulate that, too.  Modding is possible on PC/Mobile, so when I catch people in lies in the past (like FR), why would I believe that they did this stuff today?  PC/Mobile is easy to manipulate, so it's not so impressive to me when I see any of these things.  I just close out and try and find a better Video showing how to do it without the use of these tricks in the process.

There are different sections on speedrun.com so even console players can get a world record. 

Zachoholic
  • Zachoholic

Somebody save tha Smoke!

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

So we should ban PC?

• Tomasak likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Militia and his drones BTFO

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I honestly have no idea what ACE truly is, but seeing from the Twitch Streams, you were able to get 100% Completion in a Starter Save through it.

To put it simply, Arbitrary Code Execution (ACE) is the ability to execute code using as a tool the game itself, or at the very least, one of the game's implemented features (mp3 folder in this case). This means there are no boundaries as to what you can do - literally everything. You can get 100% with all stats to a minimum, convert every single vehicle to H/AP/PP/TP/UH with the colour of choice the moment you enter it, and even add Pong and Snake as minigames. Hell, you can reprogram the entire game from scratch, assuming you have sufficient knowledge. And it doesn't stop here. You can also do stuff completely unrelated to the game, like deleting your other PC files, or even create a f*cking antivirus or another game.

Arbitrary Code Execution is not possible only for Vice City. This exploit has been discovered in many non-GTA games, and I'm pretty sure it is plausible in the rest of GTA, just nobody has found out a way as of yet.

I'm not saying anyone's work is bad or inferior, but using methods like these are just the noob way out.

Um, no. Personally, I have to disagree with this. The reason; reaching 100% (and not only) with the press of one button might seem like a noob way at first glance, but, to reach that stage, it's quite the opposite. A lot of extensive study and research is required in order to get a very deep understanding of how exactly the game works and why, and learn to code properly without f*cking anything up. Actually, it's a lot easier to beat the game 15-16 times and get satisfactory low stats (it comes naturally in the end), and plenty of people do it, but not many opt to learn programming languages and decrypt the game's code digit-for-digit.

• Tomasak and SpriteFan274 like this

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

I understand your point, but the thing is, if your goal is to make a Starter Save, then why not make one traditionally how it should be done instead of heavy game file editing? ACE in this case is nothing else but a Cheat and an easy way out. If your goal is to program and create something with ACE, then why not do it? It is interesting nonetheless as you'll be able to explore a wide range of programming stuff and research about it.

It depends on the goal you want... Like I said, ACE is a cheat IF you want to make a Starter Save or 100% Save with Special Vehicles. ACE is a cheat IF you can make any vehicle H/UH/AP/PP/TP/WP/EC/PC/NE...

If you want to make, let's say, 100% Completion in VC, then it takes much more knowledge and dedication to actually get 100% in VC. It may not sound hard after you do it multiple times, but you'll learn the game with playing the actual game. You will never have experience on the game by just editing or modifying game files, adding stuff in it or reading the game scripts, you will get the experience by actually PLAYING the game. I agree that a lot of knowledge needs to be put to make a program called "Press this Button to beat VC", but when it's done kids will use it as a cheap way to complete the "hard" tasks...

I highly respect people who know how to program and manipulate game stuff, but it gets abused with making the person have zero skill on the actual game itself.

gaeldemarseille
  • gaeldemarseille

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by gaeldemarseille, 2 weeks ago.

Everything in my starter save was completed "legitimately" like any others let's play, I just used ace to unlock extra content to do before an old friend then completed them manually with not that much glitches.

I've played vice city extensively over the years (with glitches abuse but also without) and completed 100% in one sitting several times.

The starter save I did was just another challenge I wanted to do, using ace to set everything in game as completed should have been possible but I didn't as I wanted a challenge and actually play the game. I just used ace to unlock extra content and make the starter save longer and harder. (For example completing SSA races such as VC Endurance with the bridges locked is non trivial or even completing all SSA lists)

The only thing made easier is probably hotring as racing 100% (and get to wear such a nice white T-shirt) give cars double health and makes it a bit easier

You saying I have zero skill on the actual game itself is kinda rude
  • Tomasak likes this

hoXiu
  • hoXiu

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

heavy game file editing

But, he just added ONE file into the game's mp3 directory. That's not heavy game file editing, that's not even game file editing at all!

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

If this is gamefile editing, you should call listening to music "gamefile editing" too.
VC has even a code that searchs for GTAVC music on your device, it tells you how to listen to your own music so why should this be editing?
It's an intended feature being used in another way.
Normally nothing would happen of there was no SSU to the mp3 directory.

@SpriteFan, please read the PMs

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 2 weeks ago

I understand your point, but the thing is, if your goal is to make a Starter Save, then why not make one traditionally how it should be done instead of heavy game file editing? ACE in this case is nothing else but a Cheat and an easy way out. If your goal is to program and create something with ACE, then why not do it? It is interesting nonetheless as you'll be able to explore a wide range of programming stuff and research about it.

It depends on the goal you want... Like I said, ACE is a cheat IF you want to make a Starter Save or 100% Save with Special Vehicles. ACE is a cheat IF you can make any vehicle H/UH/AP/PP/TP/WP/EC/PC/NE...

If ACE/SSU is cheating then collecting special vehicles is cheating too, no? Both involve doing things you were not supposed to do. As for why not making a save "traditionally", why making one to begin with? Trying out something new is the point. Also, traditionally, starter saves involved doing everything on the first island, not the whole map. Getting to the other island early is cheating if that logic is to be applied. Even things like listening to custom music in-game, or even watching a replay of a cool stunt or something is cheating with that logic.

In the end, it comes down to two things:
-Anything that you can do within the game without third-party tools or incrementing the "times cheated" stat isn't cheating.
-Anything you do that wasn't intentionally allowed (be it going to the other island early, duping mission, or collecting special vehicles that weren't specifically given to you to keep) by the devs is cheating.

If you want to make, let's say, 100% Completion in VC, then it takes much more knowledge and dedication to actually get 100% in VC. It may not sound hard after you do it multiple times, but you'll learn the game with playing the actual game. You will never have experience on the game by just editing or modifying game files, adding stuff in it or reading the game scripts, you will get the experience by actually PLAYING the game. I agree that a lot of knowledge needs to be put to make a program called "Press this Button to beat VC", but when it's done kids will use it as a cheap way to complete the "hard" tasks...

That is true, but even duping stuff requires skill. Once you get the hang of it it's really, really easy - just like every other challenge in the game without glitches. If you're new to duping/glitching stuff you will have a problem at first. The difference is that once you get the hang of duping you can do things much faster and even skip them entirely.

Besides, that's how people choose to play their game. Why do you, or anyone else for that matter, care about how they play their game? You're all discussing a common interest. Instead of being elitist about how one side plays the game and derailing the thread with arguments, why not just share the knowledge with eachother and talk about the common interest in a friendly environment?
  • Tomasak, Nick007J, Ghost Ryder and 3 others like this

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

msty.gif

Very well said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users