Posted 3 weeks ago

Dell Inspiron 15 7000
7th Generation Intel® Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core
Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
8GB, 2400MHz, DDR4; up to 32GB
1TB 5400 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive with 8GB Cache
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5
Not sure about Sound Card?

I'm thinking about purchasing my first gaming laptop, and needed some help on if i should taking the plunge or not. Also if this isnt a good Laptop, is there anyway to find out about comparable laptops? I tried googling GTA V System requirements, but Im not a tech person. Thx in advance.

DedSoolp55
  • DedSoolp55

PS3/PS4/PC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think this should run GTA just fine, gtx 1050 (ti) is a pretty great card for the price. :)

swebarb
  • swebarb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 3 weeks ago

the hard drive will hold u down, way too slow.. should have an ssd instead of that slow which isnt good for games.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

Dell Inspiron 15 7000
Not sure about Sound Card?

I'm thinking about purchasing my first gaming laptop, and needed some help on if i should taking the plunge or not. Also if this isnt a good Laptop, is there anyway to find out about comparable laptops? I tried googling GTA V System requirements, but Im not a tech person. Thx in advance.

What's your budget?

bulldog385
  • bulldog385

Truck Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by bulldog385, 2 weeks ago.

As little as possible as I can lol. Maybe $500-700 range? I was kinda thinking about replacing my 5 y.o. HP Slimbook Laptop, as its last leg any way. Plus I've kinda gotten bored lately playing GTAO on the Xbone and was wanting to get into playing GTA V with Mods. FO4 has really turned me onto Modding lately lol.

also I was also kinda looking at the Inspiron 15 5000 - which I'm assuming is the outgoing model? as well.

Edit: Mainly I'm looking for a more Smaller & Portable way to play GTA. The setup (Xb1 & TV) I Have now is taking up a little to much room. Speaking of that, I kinda wish Xbox had a Portable system like the Playstation PS Vita...

Thanks for the Help everyone.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 2 weeks ago

IF wanting cheaper way then always first choice is desktop PC but as you want compact way then option in first post is very good but replace hdd with SSD.

• bulldog385 likes this

bulldog385
  • bulldog385

Truck Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

IF wanting cheaper way then always first choice is desktop PC but as you want compact way then option in first post is very good but replace hdd with SSD.

Sorry, (see how I'm newbie at Gaming PCs) LOL I should have made that more clearer, NO Desktops. Yea Definently Price, Portable, and most powerful one I can get (Basically the Best bang for the Buck), while trying to stay on Budget.

Thanks.

JFo Is Live
  • JFo Is Live

Grove Street 4 Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by JFo Is Live, 2 weeks ago.

Not trying to hijack your thread, just asking a similar question and it may get responded to here faster. :)

I just bought an iBuyPower BB931 Gaming PC

Specs:

Intel Core i7-7700K Quad-Core 4.2GHz (4.5GHz Turbo)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB

16GB DDR4-2400MHz

1TB SATA III Hard Drive

240GB SATA Solid State Drive

Liquid Cooled CPU

What settings do you think I can run at native 1920x1080? And is there a noticeable difference between 1080p on PC vs console?

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 2 weeks ago.

^^ lol that overkill :p try Ultra setting, dont know about the 8x AA's @60fps, i never tried it @1080p

gta 5 console runs at native 1080p but its not the resolution, its the level of detail that pc can get with all ultra settings and multiple AA's that makes it glorious on pc.

@ Op the problem with laptops is you need to get the best hardware you can get, and any upgrade most likelly ends in buying a new laptop, its not so simple like the "do it yourself" desktop upgrade.

i would try to get at least the 1060 but i doubt that @1080p in a 15 inch screen you are going to need that many AA's, so the 1050 its probably alright.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ai家Cob家, 2 weeks ago.

Dell Inspiron 15 7000
Not sure about Sound Card

While the stats are decent have you read any actual reviews about this peculiar model? all of the reviews i've read give this device less then 3 stars which isn't good with over 56% of reviewers giving it just one stars.

If i were you i'd save your money and wait until you can afford a decent gaming laptop, I myself have an ROG laptop which cost around $1,900 but i couldn't ask for a better gaming laptop.

Think long and hard before pulling the trigger on this specific device

Here are just some reviews

"Very disappointing. My wife purchased this for me, besides the usual touchpad issues common to Dell, the tn display is just.. just Terrible. It can be found cheaper, yes, but after about 20 minutes of playing with the settings on the first day it just crashed, a fatal issue which resulted in just returning it for a refund and I went without a laptop for months, I had an xps while in college which served me well but.. not related. In the end, I just got a new laptop from a different brand I swore at an early age never to buy."

"you may not want this laptop in general. The GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti are pretty much this year's go-to GPUs for this price bracket. However, I would not consider the Dell Inspiron 7000 Gaming (7567) to be the go-to laptop in order to get a GTX 1050. It uses a very low quality display compared to other GTX 1050 laptops, last year's Inspiron Gaming model, and other $800+ laptops in general. A common consensus on the Reddit SuggestALaptop sub is that it is only worth purchasing if you are going to replace the screen yourself."

"One thing no one seems to mention is that the touchpad on his laptop is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE for a gaming laptop. You can't left and right click at the same time. The touchpad is sensitive on the buttons so that the act of simply clicking the button may move your cursor/aim. If you want to zoom in with your bow in Skyrim, you shouldn't have to change the default key configuration."

bulldog385
  • bulldog385

Truck Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

^ Thanks for the Advice. That's definently way out of my price range at the moment, I definently can't and wouldnt pay $1900 for a Computer right now (Maybe if I hit the Lottery I would ... MAYBE lol)

After reading what you posted, I May just hold off for awhile and buy a portable Screen for my XB1S instead.

Been Thinking of maybe getting this one.

http://www.gamestop....or/148013#media

I was just looking for a Decent Laptop that I can play/Mod GTA V on. It doesnt have to be nor do I really want anything fancy. The Laptop that I have now (An HP Sleekbook?) It's parts and warranty service were just discontinued back in December. The Battery and screen are getting ready to go on it. I'd like to replace it soon as I need it to upload/Edit photos and do other things with it. Plus I need something that's Small All in one, I'm tired having Multiple things to pick up and move around all the time (Laptop/Tablet/Xbox1/Phone).

What would be Good specs to look for and is there a website(s) that Compares/Shows all the Gaming Computers out there? and where to buy them? The only sources I know of is Google and Walmart(Only "Electronic" Store in my area now... ) and they are S*** when it comes to Knowledge about computers or anything in general. I Miss the Old days of having Stores, that had sales people that actually knew about the Items instead of saying take it or leave it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users