Quantcast

» «
Photo

I put on a cheat will achievements return?

15 replies to this topic
RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:39 PM

I had to activate a cheat for the duke of death to spawn because I unfairly lost my naturally spawned duke of death vehicle because of bullsh*ttery ( the game considered my car drowned when the front right tire touched a bit of water )

I tried visiting the location where it spawns to see if it spawned again but it didnt, so I used a cheat code to get it back.

But the game told me that achievements will be disabled during this session.

So I saved and quit the game, now when I return will achievements still be locked? 

Or is there anything else I gotta do?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:08 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 31 July 2017 - 12:13 AM.

only thing you did wrong is saving after using cheat, you better have save before the cheat as well or else you have to do everything all over.

This car is available after random event for buying from warstock cache and carry for $279 000 (press up arrow to bring up phone and navigate with arrows to internet and on main eyefind page pick travel and transport tab)

Also spawns at junkyard El Burro Heights and eastern end of harmony in Grand Senora Desert!

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:58 AM Edited by RameSkac, 31 July 2017 - 11:12 AM.

only thing you did wrong is saving after using cheat, you better have save before the cheat as well or else you have to do everything all over.

This car is available after random event for buying from warstock cache and carry for $279 000 (press up arrow to bring up phone and navigate with arrows to internet and on main eyefind page pick travel and transport tab)

Also spawns at junkyard El Burro Heights and eastern end of harmony in Grand Senora Desert!

You've got to be kidding me..I've done soo much already since that point....

so let me get this straight..achievements what do they do? I can still get 100% in story mode correct?

What I wanna know is what achievements in story mode actually do to you, since that point i've done alot and no I have no old save before I used that cheat besides it said "this session" so I figured if I saved turned off the game and turned it back on that it wouldnt matter. Now what? 

No old save, I have progressed enough with the story mode, what repercussions am I to expect?

Also when you cheat with one character which in this case I cheated with Franklin does the stat tab cover how many times he cheated or how many times the player me has cheated in the game? Because i'm currently using michael to collect all letter scraps and the tab says "cheat codes activated 0"

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:13 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 31 July 2017 - 02:19 PM.

Cheating stats are different per protagonist but achievements will be locked in that savefile though they are not stopping to finish the game 100% because achievements are just a list of trophies to show off in social club profile and look at in social club overlay menu, nothing to do with actual gameplay and have no real value.

Are you hardcore completionist who wants to complete everything in game that doesn't count for 100% basic completion? if you are that kind of player only then it's even worth the time to start over.

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

Cheating stats are different per protagonist but achievements will be locked in that savefile though they are not stopping to finish the game 100% because achievements are just a list of trophies to show off in social club profile and look at in social club overlay menu, nothing to do with actual gameplay and have no real value.

Are you hardcore completionist who wants to complete everything in game that doesn't count for 100% basic completion? if you are that kind of player only then it's even worth the time to start over.

Kinda am but the thing is I just wanna finish story mode to really get the hang of gta 5 in my keyboard take it as a way of improving myself before I take the big guns and try out online. This is like a trial sorta u know?

After this i'll be doing both online and story mode again from the start to just complete the trophies, but rn I wanna complete 100% and hone my skills with the keyboard cuz I used to be a console type of player.

Anyways it sucks I rushed and should've asked any of you how else to obtain the duke of death..guess now I wont be using cheats anymore unless I have 100% and all trophies but then again I'm not too much into the whole cheat type thing.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:53 PM

If you want to use cheats such as Godmode or spawning cars but still get your achivements use Simple Trainer it's a mod menu that allows you to do a bunch of stuff without loosing your achievements.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO ONLINE WITH THESE FILES IN YOUR DIRECTORY OR YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM GTAOnline FOR 30 DAYS AND LOOSE ANY ONLINE PROGRESS

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

If you want to use cheats such as Godmode or spawning cars but still get your achivements use Simple Trainer it's a mod menu that allows you to do a bunch of stuff without loosing your achievements.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO ONLINE WITH THESE FILES IN YOUR DIRECTORY OR YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM GTAOnline FOR 30 DAYS AND LOOSE ANY ONLINE PROGRESS

Thanks for the reply but I never installed mods so I have a question, if i download that to my root directory just as the installation instructions imply, will it work on allowing me to get achievements back in my existing session? Or...do I need to do something?

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:46 PM

Thanks for the reply but I never installed mods so I have a question, if i download that to my root directory just as the installation instructions imply, will it work on allowing me to get achievements back in my existing session? Or...do I need to do something?

No any previous achievements that were not unlocked due to cheats can't be unlocked without restarting the game and going back this will only help for future gameplay.

Don't download the mods into your game directory download it onto your desktop > unzip it > copy and paste the files into your game directory

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:09 AM

No any previous achievements that were not unlocked due to cheats can't be unlocked without restarting the game and going back this will only help for future gameplay.

Don't download the mods into your game directory download it onto your desktop > unzip it > copy and paste the files into your game directory

I see but on a sidenote idk if all of this will be necessary, I just made my first stock market transaction in the game with franklin and i've been awarded an achievement, what do you make out of that?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:34 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 01 August 2017 - 01:36 AM.

I don't know for sure but you may have been lucky by closing immedialtely after saving.

There is possibility that if you quit game right after saving it might cancel saving process. Check your savefile date in game does it match to date and time you know you saved last time?

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:56 AM

I don't know for sure but you may have been lucky by closing immedialtely after saving.

There is possibility that if you quit game right after saving it might cancel saving process. Check your savefile date in game does it match to date and time you know you saved last time?

i dont know how to do that exactly :\ i only installed the game 2 days ago.. i dont even know where the game files are at i just click the game logo on desktop to start playing it....but yea maybe i was lucky..or do cheats only block certain types of achievements?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

in game press ESC button and got to "game" tab and under "load game" you should see savefiles with dates and time clearly visible

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

in game press ESC button and got to "game" tab and under "load game" you should see savefiles with dates and time clearly visible

Below load is new game and exit game, i play gta 5 in general 4 to 5 hours a day so there's alot of saves but i only see two saves on from today at 2:05 am and another at 2:07 that's it and I cheated on july 30th so....

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

Once you stop using the cheat achievements will be unlocked again that's why you got the stock market one.

Use the trainer don't use it, I was just giving you can option to use "cheats" without loosing svhivemrnts

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

Once you stop using the cheat achievements will be unlocked again that's why you got the stock market one.

Use the trainer don't use it, I was just giving you can option to use "cheats" without loosing svhivemrnts

Wait minute xD so ok..I never used it again, it was just a car cheat, its not like i'm using god mode or something you know? so..i'm good to go then?

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

Yes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users