4 replies to this topic
fufufu
  • fufufu

Player Hater

• Members
  • Vanuatu

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:11 PM

hi, i've encountered an annoying glitch 

somewhere around the driving school mission the los santos bridges got blocked, even though they should be open? how can i fix this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:17 PM Edited by lil weasel, 30 July 2017 - 11:18 PM.

Which game DVD or STEAM, did you buy?

Did you apply any Modifications to the Game?

Are you using other than a save you made?

fufufu
  • fufufu

Player Hater

• Members
  • Vanuatu

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

Which game DVD or STEAM, did you buy?

Did you apply any Modifications to the Game?

Are you using other than a save you made?

I'm playing on the Steam version right now (worldwide, no region lock or anything)

I had a texture replacer mod before, but issues occurred in San Fierro (I fell through the road at some parts). I verified the integrity of the game folder and it basically reinstalled the game with no issue. The texture mod should be gone now, as its not noticeable in game and there arent' any files in the folder

I'm using my own save, however, I have some cheats enabled

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:49 AM Edited by OrionSR, 31 July 2017 - 06:08 AM.

Upload your save to GTASnP.com and download it again using the v2 IPL conversion option of the Modifications tool. Script and EXE conversion shouldn't be necessary. This process should set your bridges appropriately depending on your game progress. Please post a link to your unmodified file. I'm curious about how your mod effected the flags.

Added: Actually, never mind. I think I figured out the logic for your glitch. Is the following scenario fairly accurate?

You started an unmodifed new game which had bridges up. You installed a graphics mod before Green Sabre and your bridges disappeared because the sequence of binary IPL flags within GTA3.IMG had been changed. You may not have noticed though if you didn't go near. When you completed Green Sabre the game tried to removed the bridges to SF but lowered another object group instead, which may have caused another area of the map in SF to go soft with low detail models. Mod was uninstalled and now the ground is solid again but the SF bridges are blocked. 

Those soft spot are annoying. It's an effect that persists in a way I can't identify within the save. Anyway, do the fix on SnP and everything should be fine. Your graphics mod may have worked just fine if you had created a new save after installing in.

• fufufu likes this

fufufu
  • fufufu

Player Hater

• Members
  • Vanuatu

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

wow, I think you nailed it. I installed a graphics mod before Green Sabre but I remember during Catalina's missions that the bridges to Los Santos were still open and that I went there occasionally. I think it happened around Are You Going To San Fierro?, even though I didn't notice until Photo Opportunity, because I didn't have to leave San Fierro in the meanwhile.

The soft spots are awful yeah, I had to re-do Wear Flowers in Your Hair like 4 times because I kept falling through the ground, with no way to get out. I fixed this using "verify game files integrity" on Steam, and I think maaaaybe this messed it up a little bit, by replacing certain .ipl files with inaccurate ones?

Here's the URL to my unmodified file: http://gtasnp.com/VZ5uBA

It's fixed though, thank you so much!

• OrionSR likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users