Quantcast

» «
Photo

should telephones and telegraghs be usable?

11 replies to this topic

Poll: should telephones and telegraghs be used? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

should telephones and telegraphs be used?

1. yes (15 votes [65.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.22%

2. no (8 votes [34.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote
confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:22 AM

hi everyone so i was playing red dead redemption yesterday and i went to the armadillo saloon. i saw telephone. so it made me wonder if telephones should be usable. i think it would be cool. no not cellphones but the old fashion kind. like the one marshal johnson tries to use. it always bugged me how john always knew were the missions were. in gta the protagonist get calls from characters in their cell phones. so maybe there could be a phone in every safehouse and saloon. so in order to get some missions you have to be near a phone. i know some people would be annoyed by it because they dont want to have to check the phone all the time. but they could make it somehow work. or maybe its a way to call for backup or some other stuff. or maybe it could be a way of planning stuff like robberies or jobs. does anybody else have any ideas for a telephone?

so i know its unlikely but i was thinking about telegrams too. it would be hard to read or understand them. but maybe it could all be translated into regular english. maybe you start with a telegragh then get a phone. or even if they did not have a big role it would be nice to use them. i mean communication is key. and of course they dont have computers or cellphones like we have. so it would be nice to use he technology that was available in the time period. so what do you all think? also do you have any other ideas for this?

• saintsrow likes this

Holland_Hicks
  • Holland_Hicks

Big L R.I.P.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

While it could work, and help give context as to how you acquire certain missions, I seriously doubt anything like this'll show up in the final game. 

• highzman420 likes this

highzman420
  • highzman420

IM NOT HYPE, IM OBSESSED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

Well theyre are telephone lines in pictures. It wouldn't be too out of pocket imo..
  • saintsrow and confederatestatesgta like this

Holland_Hicks
  • Holland_Hicks

Big L R.I.P.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

Well theyre are telephone lines in pictures. It wouldn't be too out of pocket imo..

True but I don't see it being a gameplay feature like he's implying. I don't see Rockstar doing much with something like that. 

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:21 AM

Or just a normal electric cable for lighting!? In RDR (set in 1911) phones were pretty new. I remember when the Marshal was struggling with "these things" as he describes it. I highly doubt that we'll see a telephone if we really go back 15+ years with RDR2. Maybe a telegraph tho.

• Dee. and highzman420 like this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:31 AM

Yes it would. Its late 19 century wild west. Putting 2 and 2 together would lead anyone to conclude that those are telegram lines and not telephone lines. Telegram ran alongside railroad tracks

• saintsrow likes this

highzman420
  • highzman420

IM NOT HYPE, IM OBSESSED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:52 AM Edited by highzman420, 30 July 2017 - 08:00 AM.

Or just a normal electric cable for lighting!? In RDR (set in 1911) phones were pretty new. I remember when the Marshal was struggling with "these things" as he describes it. I highly doubt that we'll see a telephone if we really go back 15+ years with RDR2. Maybe a telegraph tho.
Telephone or telegraph w.e..either 1, it wouldn't be far fetched if u ask me. But most likely a telegraph tho..or maybe a town has technologies that rdr didn't use and explore. Rdr isn't a autobiography, everything doesn't need to be exactly how it was imo lol. But i feel what u saying
  • saintsrow and Rockstar Vienna like this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:49 PM Edited by DeeDogg_, 30 July 2017 - 03:58 PM.

Telephone or telegraph w.e..either 1, it wouldn't be far fetched if u ask me. But most likely a telegraph tho..or maybe a town has technologies that rdr didn't use and explore. Rdr isn't a autobiography, everything doesn't need to be exactly how it was imo lol. But i feel what u saying

Not being a biography= R* throwing phones into a wild west version of the presumably late 1800s... Impeccable logic there.

Spoiler

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

Telegraphy should be ok for the period.

Phones ok but not so common for the period.

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:16 PM

Absolutely. I would imagine that they would function similar to the Gamewell's in LA Noire where we'll have to go to a set location to use the phone or telegraph.
  • confederatestatesgta and highzman420 like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:24 PM Edited by Zello, 31 July 2017 - 08:25 PM.

Depends what year it takes place in but I think telegraphs are more likely.

It'd be funny if the first telegraph message we receive is a f*ck you lol

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

Depends what year it takes place in but I think telegraphs are more likely.

It'd be funny if the first telegraph message we receive is a f*ck you lol

Git gud u yella belly bootlicker!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users