Photo

Favorite Intros/Outros

6 replies to this topic
Videogames888
  • Videogames888

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Videogames888, 3 weeks ago.

While some songs tend to start with a simple drum hit followed by music and simply fade out at the end, some artists actually create memorable opening riffs and very well structured outros that help make the song memorable. What is your personal favorite intros and/or outros to songs? Genre doesn't matter.

Favorite intro: Definitely the opening riff followed by the simple yet memorable piano playing in the intro of "Reelin in the Years" by Steely Dan.

Favorite outro: The soothing guitar playing layered with a memorable piano theme certainly makes "Layla" by Derek and the Dominos a great contendor for encompassing one of the most soothing outros ever made.
  • The7thOne likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Alter Ego

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Favorite intro: The Avalanches' "Since I Left You". Perfectly sets up the tone for the rest of the song, even the album I'd argue; with a slight overdose of happiness.

Favorite outro: Tame Impala's "Expectation". Initially, it fades out like most boring tracks, but slowly picks up again with a heavily flanged guitar that fades in and kicks things into high gear in a near minute long instrumental. Never fails to impress me.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mister Pink, 2 weeks ago.

This is beautiful. I first heard it in a music shop and the song is a straight-up rock and roll track but the outro turns in to this whimsical beautiful string and brass part with soft vocals and more more plucked strings.. Makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. 

Iggy Pop and Josh Homme work really well together.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

I love tge intro in this song. :]

PaeganLoveSong
  • PaeganLoveSong

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Slayer - "Angel of Death"

From the opening chord until the end of Araya's scream (starting with ridiculous falsetto before devolving into a primal roar), it just sets the tone for the song, the album, and the rest of the band's career.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

Favorite intro:

Favorite outro:

Honorable mention for both, but a Queen song would just be too overkill with "best ___".

N R G
  • N R G

Press Command-Shift-W for a surprise

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted A week ago Edited by N R G, A week ago.

Definitely Katy Perry's 'Thinking Of You' extended version, the whole music video tells a story. The start is quite heart touching:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users