A single MC Patch request topic for GFX R&T

3 replies to this topic
papa boyy
  • papa boyy

• Facade
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GFX]

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

For being the only graphic design related section it's starting to get pretty ugly. I'd like to propose the idea of keeping MC Patch requests in it's own topic? Having the same repetitive title is starting to flood the section and is keeping other varied postings from being seen. 

Perhaps a new led-by could be picked up as well? Graven has unfortunately been inactive for a year now and ~Tiger~ is left to do everything. I've been asking for years now to get a hand on that section and I have yet to get anywhere there. 

It holds a special place in my weird heart and seeing it in it's current state isn't cool. A new set of rules and designated topics might do it some good.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:58 AM

it's starting to get pretty ugly. I'd like to propose the idea of keeping MC Patch requests in it's own topic?

Things haven't really changed much recently, I don't agree that "It's starting to get pretty ugly" and patch requests have been constant for about a year now. They are actually around 50% of current requests and do drive traffic to the forum which is a good thing.

Having only one topic would be unhelpful, not only for members but also for our artists. We have recently implemented an  'Answered' system to mark tasks that have been completed in the same way as our Help and Support subforums are managed and this has been very successful.

~Tiger~ is left to do everything.

Believe me, it does not present a huge demand on my workload and I don't really see how further moderation can help. Indeed, over-moderation would be counter-productive.

Nico
  • Nico

Amused to death

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

They are actually around 50% of current requests and do drive traffic to the forum which is a good thing.

Is a good thing to have activity on the subforums. Hell, I'm pretty sure GFX requests has way more activity than the GTA International subforums. But MC patches taking half of the GFX requests is a clear sign of unoriginality among GTAO players. Is something way too overdone, and usually not even the requesters do really know what they want. I've seen plenty of them complaining about the artist's first attempt at fullfilling their wishes.

Just my two cents, I know is not really an issue and the staff can do little about it, but I wanted to express my opinion anyway.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:02 PM Edited by ~Tiger~, 28 July 2017 - 06:03 PM.

I've seen plenty of them complaining about the artist's first attempt at fullfilling their wishes.

Yes, it was for this reason that I re-wrote the Guidelines, to make it easier and simpler and fairer for artists and requests. Of course, our artists aren't psychic mind readers so they cannot meet requirements unless those requirements are exactly described. 

MC Patches are a bit of a craze and no doubt demand will fizzle out over time. In the meantime everyone in the section works hard on keeping it a tidy and pleasant place to visit (free of locked topics and redirects) and on the whole, most people are happy and grateful for the services provided and everyone has fun creating or receiving creations whether they are patches, re-sizing, GFX creations or just general help and advice.

• Vanzant likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users