Quantcast

» «
Photo

was there a cut west dickens mission?

7 replies to this topic
confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

hi everyone i have been replaying the story again in anticipation for rdr2. so i got to the mission can a swindler change his spots. and it dawned to me that john was angry to dickens. then dickens says so i made a few innocent mistakes when last we met. but the last mission was liars cheats and other proud americans. and while john wasent happy with racing dickens did not make any mistakes. so i got to thinking maybe there was a cut mission in between the two. were west dickens tried to do something or had an idea and it failed miserably. did anybody else notice this? let me know what you think.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:29 AM

He probably always hated him from the start because he was some shady and dishonest businessman.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

dickens says so i made a few innocent mistakes when last we met.

Yes, I played this mission today and noticed it too, I thought I must have missed something. 

Also, when the mission ends at Cueva Seca, John and Dickens say their farewells and the game saves. The start point for the next Dickens mission is just a few feet away. When John triggers the cutscene, Dickens greets John by saying " Ah, Mr. Marston, how wonderful to see you, sir...how wonderful!" as he hasn't seen him in ages. Yet they've moments before had a hell of a ride pursued by bandits!

Very odd.
  • confederatestatesgta likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

dickens says so i made a few innocent mistakes when last we met.

Yes, I played this mission today and noticed it too, I thought I must have missed something. 

Also, when the mission ends at Cueva Seca, John and Dickens say their farewells and the game saves. The start point for the next Dickens mission is just a few feet away. When John triggers the cutscene, Dickens greets John by saying " Ah, Mr. Marston, how wonderful to see you, sir...how wonderful!" as he hasn't seen him in ages. Yet they've moments before had a hell of a ride pursued by bandits!

Very odd.

yea im glad im not the only one who noticed this.it makes me wonder if there was a cut mission i wonder what the mission would be about. speaking of cut stuff. are people able to look into the files like gta 5 and see all the cut content? if so then it would be so cool to see other cut content. there should be a red dead redemption beta hunt.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

Dickens greets John by saying " Ah, Mr. Marston, how wonderful to see you, sir...how wonderful!" as he hasn't seen him in ages. Yet they've moments before had a hell of a ride pursued by bandits!

Very odd.

The game doesn't expect the player to start a new mission from the same "boss" immediately after finishing the previous one. I assume that it's scripted that the player rides off to do other activities, then re-visit Dickens(or any other mission giver) much later. The same can be said about GTA, or any other game with the same formula.
  • Payne Killer likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

The game doesn't expect the player to start a new mission from the same "boss" immediately after finishing the previous one. I assume that it's scripted that the player rides off to do other activities

That suggestion makes no sense at all. Why, having saved the game, would I ride away and pursue other activities when a new activity is right here, ready and waiting?

Nope, that explanation won't do at all.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

That suggestion makes no sense at all. Why, having saved the game, would I ride away and pursue other activities when a new activity is right here, ready and waiting?

Nope, that explanation won't do at all.

I understand, I wouldn't ride off either, just start the new mission. I'm simply assuming that, within the game's scripted timeline, a day or more passes by before John(or a GTA protagonist) goes back to the same guy to do another mission. Going back minutes or even seconds(depending on how far the mission marker is), is up to the player.

Rykjeklut
  • Rykjeklut

Peon

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:51 AM

^ this is what I've always assumed. I try to do another mission before continuing on with the last one, for the immersion and what not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users