Quantcast

» «
Photo

Check my specs to see if I can run gta 5 and online.

36 replies to this topic
RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

I'm about to purchase gta 5 from steam and I wanna make sure it can run on my pc which is 9 months old anyways here they are.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/26/2017, 21:15:11
       Machine name: RAMINTA-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170512-0600)
           Language: Lithuanian (Regional Setting: Lithuanian)
System Manufacturer: MSI
       System Model: MS-7996
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/27/16 16:06:38 Ver: V2.80
          Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16348MB RAM
          Page File: 5685MB used, 27006MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Machine_Elves
  • Machine_Elves

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:54 PM

It all looks good, but you really need a discrete GPU, the integrated intel GPU won't cut it.

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:10 AM

It all looks good, but you really need a discrete GPU, the integrated intel GPU won't cut it.

won't cut it for what?

you said it's all good so what does the integrated intel gpu do for me?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:20 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 27 July 2017 - 12:25 AM.

integrated intel HD is not actually a GPU it's there for generating video signal from os and applications not to run games at full throttle, you need actual separate physical graphics card which is most expensive part in pc (minimum 150 euros for it) and it connects to long PCI-e slot (one of the longest slots in MOBO).

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:21 AM

integrated intel HD is not actually a GPU it's there for generating video signal from os and applications not to run games at full throttle, you need actual separate physical graphics card which is most expensive part in pc (minimum 150 euros for it) and it connects to long PCI-e slot )one of the longest slots in MOBO)

so you're telling me i need that to play gta 5?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:24 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 27 July 2017 - 12:27 AM.

obviously, that CPU integrated stuff is for monitor output and internet videos at most, without seaprate GPU it's office type writer with youtube function!

i had base PC for long time, only this year begining i could afford midrange GPU to play pc version of gta 5

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:27 AM

obviously, that CPU integrated stuff is for monitor output and internet videos at most, without seaprate GPU it's office type writer with youtube function!

jesus christ...i dont even know how that is implemented and or how to ask my local pc store what to ask lol can u help me out here?

1 what do i ask at my pc local store?

2 where does that go to? inside my pc? or is it some outside component? i'm not a tech wizard like you all are.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:29 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 27 July 2017 - 12:31 AM.

it was easy to install even tho i had before that only removed/replaced HDDs and DVD writers and formated windows but i can tell you couldn't do it alone, go to pc repair shop and ask for G P U - graphics processor unit to run modern games, they will pick it up for you and install it but probably price gonna be atleast as much as you paid for PC so far.

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:35 AM

it was easy to install even tho i had before that only removed/replaced HDDs and DVD writers and formated windows but i can tell you couldn't do it alone, go to pc repair shop and ask for G P U - graphics processor unit to run modern games, they will pick it up for you and install it but probably price gonna be atleast as much as you paid for PC so far.

ok so listen...my pc cost me 773 euros you're telling me i'm going to spend that much on them installing it in my pc? look i cant install anything like i said i got zero tech knowledge about computers so all of you who use high end language is chinese to me, i need to know prices costs and potential problems i could face by doing this.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:37 AM

ok so listen...my pc cost me 773 euros you're telling me i'm going to spend that much on them installing it in my pc? look i cant install anything like i said i got zero tech knowledge about computers so all of you who use high end language is chinese to me, i need to know prices costs and potential problems i could face by doing this.

What is the Make & Model of your PC?

Is it a Desktop or Laptop?

Machine_Elves
  • Machine_Elves

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:37 AM

IGP or GPU.. they're both graphics processors.  I was trying to make my answer basic.  I have no disrespect for you, but I wasn't here to argue semantics.  Just trying to help.

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:41 AM

IGP or GPU.. they're both graphics processors.  I was trying to make my answer basic.  I have no disrespect for you, but I wasn't here to argue semantics.  Just trying to help.

I just dont understand what igp and gpu is that's all, what i need to know is prices.

desktop tower

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:47 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 27 July 2017 - 12:51 AM.

Separate GPU which works best with that CPU and gives full potential will cost you about half the price of your current pc cost - 300-400€ but minimum is 200€ for this setup, PC gaming is exepensive

• Machine_Elves likes this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

I just dont understand what igp and gpu is that's all, what i need to know is prices.

desktop tower

What is the make and model of your PC?

Acer, ASUS, Dell ect? and then the model number

If you can give us the make and model we can help you find a decent Graphics Card for your PC

Example: Mine is an ASUS Republic Of Gaming G20AJ Desktop and Republic Of Gaming G752VY Notebook

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:49 AM

Separate GPU which works good with that CPU and ggives full potential will cost you half the price of your current pc cost atleast (300-400€)

so in short i cant play gta 5 without that

there's absolutely no way?

desktop tower

What is the make and model of your PC?

Acer, ASUS, Dell ect? and then the model number

If you can give us the make and model we can help you find a decent Graphics Card for your PC

Example: Mine is an ASUS Republic Of Gaming G20AJ Desktop and Republic Of Gaming G752VY Notebook

I don't know? where can I see that?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:54 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 27 July 2017 - 12:58 AM.

get program called piriform speccy and take screens of all tabs especially mother board, i assume you bought your tower assemled not as branded model out of shelf since GPU is included in the branded deals.

BTW Game will refuse to work if it don't detect anything in PCIe slot or you may get lucky for super laggy experience which wouldn't be called playing

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:55 AM

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:56 AM

get program called piriform speccy and take screens of all tabs especially mother board.

Game will refuse to work if it don't detect anything in PCIe slot or you may get lucky fro super laggy experience which wouldn't be called playing

I don't like to download stuff off the internet like that.

Machine_Elves
  • Machine_Elves

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:58 AM

You need a graphics card bottom line.  You have many choices out there make it simple as I can.  Two different products AMD and Nvidia.  AMD is the cheaper option.  My suggestions for price/performance ratio are the AMD RX 480 or 580 if you can find one or you can go with Nvidia where I would suggest a GTX 1060 or 1070.  Any of theses cards will play this game on High graphics settings.  The alternative is to look for these products on craigslist or some similar site like eBAY.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:58 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 27 July 2017 - 01:00 AM.

speccy is trusted program which generates system info and according to motherboard info you can find best GPU match

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:00 AM Edited by Ai家Cob家, 27 July 2017 - 01:03 AM.

get program called piriform speccy and take screens of all tabs especially mother board.

Game will refuse to work if it don't detect anything in PCIe slot or you may get lucky fro super laggy experience which wouldn't be called playing

I don't like to download stuff off the internet like that.

Don't worry you don't need to download anything, Watch the video i posted it shows you how to find your system info via control panel without downloading anything

@ACM that program is full of adware if you're not paying attention you'll install a bunch of random sh*t that isn't needed besides all of that info can be found in the "About System" in the control panel

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:01 AM

classification windows index 5.9

processor intel r core tm i5-6500 cpu @3.20 ghz 3.20 ghz

ram installed memory 16 gb's

system type 64 bit

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:02 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 27 July 2017 - 01:02 AM.

well Mother board info is still unknown, i hope you have listing paper of parts inside the pc

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:03 AM

You need a graphics card bottom line.  You have many choices out there make it simple as I can.  Two different products AMD and Nvidia.  AMD is the cheaper option.  My suggestions for price/performance ratio are the AMD RX 480 or 580 if you can find one or you can go with Nvidia where I would suggest a GTX 1060 or 1070.  Any of theses cards will play this game on High graphics settings.  The alternative is to look for these products on craigslist or some similar site like eBAY.

i have a nvidia graphics card i dont understand...

it's a 950 one i think wasnt that on my original message?

do i rly need to update it? and why would i buy it off e-bay when i can't install it? might aswell buy at my retailer and let them install it there on my pc.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:03 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 27 July 2017 - 01:04 AM.

now you tell us, you didnt say a word you have anything in PCIe slot...that model is more than enough

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:05 AM Edited by Ai家Cob家, 27 July 2017 - 01:07 AM.

do i rly need to update it? and why would i buy it off e-bay when i can't install it? might aswell buy at my retailer and let them install it there on my pc.

No you didn't mention that in your OP....

950 is good enough to play GTA V my ROG Desktop has a 750 and i can play with meduim settings so you'll be fine just make sure you install https://www.geforce....rience/downloadGeForce Experience to keep your card up to date

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:07 AM

speccy is trusted program which generates system info and according to motherboard info you can find best GPU match

i got it here is the motherboard info

MSI H110M PRO-D (MS-7996) (U3E1) 28 °C

No you didn't mention that in your OP....

950 is good enough to play GTA V my ROG Desktop has a 750 and i can play with meduim settings so you'll be fine just make sure you install GeForce Experience to keep your card up to date

that wasnt there? well there u go my graphics card is actually VE248 ([email protected])

2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 (MSI) 35 °C

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:07 AM

anyway you finally told you got 950 by nvidia and rest of the parts are very good as well, you are good to go and buy the gta 5 and turn settings high after installing

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:08 AM

now you tell us, you didnt say a word you have anything in PCIe slot...that model is more than enough

what do u mean by more than enough? and what is pcie slot?

anyway you finally told you got 950 by nvidia and rest of the parts are very good as well, you are good to go and buy the gta 5 and turn settings high after installing

huh..ok so..the first things u guys said about gpu etc can i like..forget all that? 

i play skyrim with mods in my pc too soo..idk...

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

ok case closed, go get the game and it's all good, just little lack of information at the start 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users