Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the longest game you have ever played?

59 replies to this topic
Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

Skyrim, without a doubt.

• Mister Pink likes this

grandautothief
  • grandautothief

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:43 AM Edited by grandautothief, 08 August 2017 - 11:39 AM.

Well, obviously the GTA franchaise. And apart from that I would say FIFA. I'm waiting for the FIFA 18 release.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:23 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 13 August 2017 - 09:18 AM.

As far as singleplayer games go, Witcher 3 probably. I think I've got closer to 200 hours on it. I still haven't gone back to play the DLCs.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

Hard for me to do this as I've been gaming for well over 20 years now, but off the top of my head I'd say - 

Online:

Modern Warfare 2 (X360) - I still remember all the insane hype surrounding this game when it was first announced, and to someone who had admittedly only played a couple hours on CoD in their life, I just didn't get it, but the hype got to me. Unfortunately I couldn't get the game at the time of release, but did so a few years after - Luckily the MP was still beyond thriving, and since it was one of the only titles I owned at the time, I literally spent the majority of my life on this game, so much so it became an addiction, literally doing all-nighters on it.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (X360) - It was actually thanks to this forum that I picked this game up, but I felt so overwhelmed when I first started playing the Campaign. MyMothersMySister joined me on a few occasions though and helped me learn the ropes, and slowly this became my new obsession. Since CoD was really the only online FPS I have ever played, this game was an absolute rush - Charging across one of the insanely huge battlefields, all the while having tank fire and helicopters fly past you, was a buzz. I actually only stopped playing this because the servers got shut down, which f*cked me off - more so since I'd just purchased the Vietnam DLC days before it shut down.

Battlefield 4 (X360) - Whilst BF3 was another title I spent hours on, BF4 takes the crown for hours played. Haven't really stopped playing since the day the game released, and still is the only MP game I really play, nearly every night. A few minor bugs here and there, but still a fantastic game.

Single Player:

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (N64/Gamecube) - Don't think there is another game out there where I literally know every nook and cranny of the game, to the point I could play it blindfolded. Some say it's massively over-rated, but for me it's deserved all of the high reviews and sh*t. An absolute masterpiece in both gameplay and story-telling, this game is no doubt the one I credit for getting me in to gaming.

GTA (Multiple) - No series has ever gripped me like the GTA series has done, and rightly so. As a teen, I felt truly immersed in the III-era titles, believing I was in some evolving city where people lived real lives and the world was always going on around you etc. GTA IV was even my most played title of either 2015 or 2016 (thanks to that tracker that Xbox did) and still I'm playing it to try 100% it, due to the love I have for it. GTA V is the only one I really just can't play anymore - I load it up and just find it empty in regards to having something to do - something that well and truly disappointed me since I can still even load, say, GTA III up and still have plenty to do.

Far Cry 3/4 (X360) - Randomly picked up #3 one day in a charity shop, without knowing anything about the game/series, and am glad I did. Couldn't ut this game down at a certain point. Far Cry 4, regardless of what the majority say, is a great game too.

Zelda: Breath Of The Wild (Switch) - Can't fault this game at all - near enough perfection for what a game should be. Currently at 110 hours in to the game, and yet my stats are telling me I'm only 21% of completion - this game will entertain me for years to come, guaranteed.

Bear in mind, this is a quick think as I'm rushing to get ready for work, and I'm mainly only counting games where I've spent a decent chunk of time in one sit-through rather than an hour or two at a time. I'll probably be able to add more later when I have some time.

• Algonquin Assassin and Neon_Dreaming like this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:01 PM Edited by RogerWho, 11 August 2017 - 04:52 PM.

Purely offline, my record has to be Enemy Engaged: Apache/Havoc. I'd had 600 hours 15 years ago and while i've not played much of it since (and most of the time started back from scratch), there's been a couple dozen hours more since.

Quake 3 I've played both online and offline a ton back in the day and I probably have some 1000 hours on that one considering I'd had weekends when I played all weekend straight and a few hours every day inbetween.

GTA IV is probably next. Funny that I never think of have playing this game all that much, but I know I've finished it maybe 7 times now and goofed around in it a lot.

From online stuff, hard to pick between GTAO and Destiny on PS3.

The longest single SP game I've played is probably KOTOR with about 80 hours.

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:03 PM

San Andreas
Vice city
GTA 3
GTA 4 + DLC
Battlefield bad company 2
Battlefield 3 & 4

But outta all of them I'd say GTA IV ballad of gay tony then bad company 2
  • Mister Pink likes this

Bender
  • Bender

Swiss Army Dildo

• Daily Globe
  • Netherlands
  • Best Kitchen Appliance 2016

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

I've played GTA SA more than i've tied my shoes. I also have 2500 hours on TF2.

• Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

Fallout 4. I think.

Ghost Recon Wildlands and Toukiden 2 as runner-up.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:17 PM Edited by ΣΓ, 11 August 2017 - 09:19 PM.

Used to be GTA V 100% on Xbox 360 which took about 99 hours. That record was beaten recently by Forza Motorsport 3, with roughly 120 hours of play time (but technically more than that with the time spent pausing the game and in menus, which would amount to 140 hrs). It had over 1040 races, some of which were as long as 80 minutes. I completed it in half a year (mostly because I don't play games that much nowadays, unless I have a ton of free time).

FM4 seems to be even longer than that. My only hope is that the newer Forza games are shorter than the older ones.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Killing some f*cking Deadbeats!

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:31 PM

Skyrim. I've raped three different versions to death and would do it again.

Another one is Metal Gear Solid V: TTP (close to 1000 hours throughout 2016) after getting hooked on Ground Zeroes' gameplay.

• Mister Pink likes this

Gold-NBayse
  • Gold-NBayse

Busta till the end

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:16 AM

I probably have around 1000 hours GTA IV altogether. Same thing for GTA V and Online.
Super Mario Sunshine has to be at least over 100 hours considering how much Iplayed it back then.
Persona 5 is probably the longest singleplayer game I've played since the storyline took me 114 hours to beat my first playthrough.
  • anthony likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

So minus Minecraft which i probably have over a 1000 hours in and EVE Online, which I had like 500 hours in and according to Steam:

AdVenture Capitalist - 556.5h

Skyrim - 437.4h

New Vegas - 327.1h

Soda Dungeon - 288.0h

Fallout 4 - 180.2h

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - 148.7h

• Mister Pink likes this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

Probably the Civilization series in total hours. It's like crack!

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:48 PM Edited by ΣΓ, 12 August 2017 - 10:49 PM.

You guys are reading the title wrong. It's not about the hours you put in specifically but the amount it took to complete a game.

Edit: Never mind. The initial post is doing the same thing. I don't tend to waste too much time on one single game because there are many others that I could play.

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

P L E B T A S T I C K

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

GTAV 768 hours.

And I started playing in January 2016.

Might be overdoing it.

• Mister Pink likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:02 AM

GTA V if Online counts. lol

Otherwise Fallout New Vegas, Pokemon White, and Skyrim.

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:50 PM Edited by JON22, 13 August 2017 - 07:51 PM.

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2 for GameCube, offline because couldn't afford internet back then and too confusing (f*ck Seg(arse) for not releasing Plus in Europe).

Skyrim for 360.

State of Decay last and current gen.

Original Xbox GTA San Andreas (loved the replay feature).

And GTA 5 on and off last and current gen.

Elite Dangerous too (on and off).

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

You guys are reading the title wrong. It's not about the hours you put in specifically but the amount it took to complete a game.

Edit: Never mind. The initial post is doing the same thing. I don't tend to waste too much time on one single game because there are many others that I could play.

Nope, clearly you that is mis-reading the title, nowhere does it state 100% completion achieved. ;)

I'm same as you though, with the amount of games I own I find it hard to spend hours upon hours on a single game in one playthrough, hence what I was trying to get at in my post.

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I am now over 110 hours in P5 and still haven't beaten it

• Gold-NBayse likes this

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTAO, The Division, Fallout 4, Ghost Recon, Hitman collection, MaxPayne3 online...just the recent ones, rest is a blur, as I play anything and everything...

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Probably Street Fighter 2 for SNES

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Raindancer, 4 weeks ago.

Without a doubt the Command and conquer series all the way up to Generals, but mainly Yuriy’s Revenge. 

First played C&C on the PS1, fell in love instantly then quickly moved onto the PC. So about 21 years’ worth of playing!

I still have Red Alert 2 and Yuri’s revenge on disc, but having nightmares trying to get it to work on Win10 – tried everything I can think off and even downloaded some ISOs from the decade version – still cannot get it working L ill find a way…. Not played for about a year and missing it badly! I have created so many maps over the years and NEED to be playing again!

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

RPG's (many to list) took the maximum time to finish. Then there's GTA SA - big, better, and funner!

Recently, I have started playing Grimoire. The steam store page says, "600 hours of play possible in a single game". 

Let's see how many repetitive encounters I can get ...

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Evil empire, 4 weeks ago.

I have been playing more than 2860 hours on my current Oblivion party and surely more than 5000 hours since I bought this game more than 10 years ago.

I started my current party on Morrowind 6 or 5 years ago but I don't have any mean to know how many hours I played.

I started my current parties on GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas in 2009 and since the counter seems to reset at 1000 I ignore the number of hours I spent on them

SLUMPUSSY
  • SLUMPUSSY

Nadia. I've, uh I've got reserves.

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

I absolutely hammered MW2 from release date in 09 up until around late 2011 early 2012, I think I was just shy of 100 days playing time which comes out at about 2400 hours and doesn't include private matches, if I had to hazard a guess I'd say it's easily double that. I've been playing VC actively since about 03/04? and still play it regularly to this day so I've undoubtedly spent the most time on that out of any game. Runescape and GunZ would probably come fairly close too although I used to log the times on them with XFire which has sadly closed down now.

imagine if i spent all that time being productive

id still be a piece of sh*t

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Probably San Andreas (replayed like 11 times) and CS:GO. I play CS:GO a lot, mostly on weekends with my crew. Used to do it mostly for stats. Now, it's just to kill some time.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I thought Max Payne 3 was the longest I played, but in reality I was just disinterested and slowly progressing through checkpoints. The longest game has to be Watch Dogs 2 for me. I'd game from 10:00 a.m. to 11 p.m and still not he half way through the story.

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

The Division

I have actually spent quite a lot time on this game as well, even if it wasn't that good / never caught up with the hype it got.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Nškyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted A week ago

Kerbal Space Program. 350 hours so far and not even close to completion. Barely ventured out of the immediate proximity of Kerbin, still got about 80% of the solar system to explore.

APB
  • APB

GTA V PC MASTERRACE

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Skyrim, at 3330 hours

2nd I think would be GTA 5+Online at 978 hours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users