Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the longest game you have ever played?

59 replies to this topic
LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:23 PM

Not counting any MMORPGs or online games because if I would count these in I would say

Street Fighter 4 - 5000+ hours

Commend & Conquer 3 - 3500+ hours

Guild Wars 2 - 2k+ hours

What's the longest game you have ever played?

For me

Skyrim - 300+ hours

The Witcher 3 - 250+ hours

FF7 - 140+ hours

Shenmue - 125+ hours

Persona 5 - already 90+ hours and Im only at 36% or so

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

Euro Truck Simulator 2, 600 hours in and I still didn't manage to get to the end of it!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

We'll just count online games and also included offline games!

WoW - More than a full year (365*24)

CS: CZ - 767 hours.

Project Zomboid (offline and online) - 400+ hours.

Offline: 

Mount and Blade: Warband* - 1000+ hours.

GTA San Andreas* - 1000+ hours.

Baldur's Gate 2* - 500+ hours

Fallout 4 - 299 hours.

AoE 3* - 300+ hours

There's probably more games with higher hours but they were pre-Steam. * are estimates.

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:57 PM Edited by Candy_Licker, 26 July 2017 - 06:29 PM.

Medieval 2 + AoE 2. Both 1000s of hours for sure.

San Andreas and Vice City were also intense. Think I have around 5 or 6 playthroughs, which amounts to alot in San Andreas. Think they would be my longest story game. Followed by Witcher 3

I've also already amassed more than 342 hours (steam count, but had already a complete run on an illegal copy before buying it) in XCom2 in 1 1/2 years. :blink:

• AmigaMix likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

Osho's Assassin

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:22 PM

GTA IV: I've finished 9 complete play throughs, but have started others without finishing them. So probably 800 hours + sounds about right.
  • Sunrise Driver, Actlikeyouknow and AmigaMix like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:02 PM

Wow. I thought a couple of hundred hours in a game was a lot but you guys take the biscuit. :p

Seriously though, San Andreas at the time for me was a big one, completing it 100% and completing the story about 6 times. . Skyrim, was big enough too but feeble in comparison to the hours posted above. Although I'm not really done with Skyrim. 

I put a lot of hours in to FIFA but that's mostly online. 

Looking at the stats for IV and even IV online I actually played it a lot. Maybe more than San Andreas. 

My threshold for games is about 50hrs before I get bored unless it's something really special. I'll put it down, maybe even for 6 months or a year while I play other games and then come back to them. I play a lot of games but not one game a lot, basically. 

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

Wow. I thought a couple of hundred hours in a game was a lot but you guys take the biscuit. :p

My threshold for games is about 50hrs before I get bored unless it's something really special. I'll put it down, maybe even for 6 months or a year while I play other games and then come back to them. I play a lot of games but not one game a lot, basically. 

With me it's the other way around, I only get games who are long and who I know I can enjoy for a long time. I rarely play a game with a campaign of 10 or 15 hours. ( Life is Strange which I bought at the latest steam sale is one of those exceptions)

• Mister Pink likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:09 PM Edited by Matrelith, 27 July 2017 - 05:09 PM.

According to my Steam library I've played Fallout New Vegas for 430 hours, so that's my most played game individually wise. The Mass Effect games have about 270 hours played each, so trilogy wise speaking, Mass Effect would be my longest played game. 

• Mister Pink and AmigaMix like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:25 PM

With me it's the other way around, I only get games who are long and who I know I can enjoy for a long time. I rarely play a game with a campaign of 10 or 15 hours. ( Life is Strange which I bought at the latest steam sale is one of those exceptions)

It's not really that I buy short games either. Most of the games I own are long. That's the thing. Like I have The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim etc on rotation was well as GR: Wildlands, Mafia 3 etc. I'm no completionist but I spend a lot of time trying to do most things in one area before I move on to the next. I wish I had less games and focused one at a time. It was kind of simpler like that when I was a more casual gamer or when I was young. Buy one game and go mad with it. 

But 50hrs in, not that I'm bored as such, I'll just put it down and then not really think to pick it up for some time. I think 50+ maybe more hours, the thrills start to ware off a bit, there's less stimulation for me. You've most likely seen all the crazy stuff you are going to see. The honeymoon phase sort of goes. The itch is scratched so to say. The curiosity is gone. You can give a good opinion of the game. Then another game comes a long and BAM! All of a sudden you're not fighting Draugurs in dungeons in Skyrim but hacking some guy named Rufus in Chicago and listening in to his phone conversations. 

I do want to focus more on one game though. I did it with Skyrim recently and I'll do it with Fallout 4 on my new play though. I put 100+hours in my first F4 playthrough and now hitting about 25hrs in to my second. 

• HaythamKenway likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

I've never mentally recorded the statistics spent playing video games, but Mario Kart for the SNES must surely top the pile, followed closely by SA/III/VC respectively.
  • Tacymist likes this

Skeever
  • Skeever

Gone... for now

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:29 AM

Skyrim, I suppose. I've racked up a little over 1000 hours on there. I've deleted so many of my old saves on there, so it's difficult to get an accurate estimate.

Oblivion would probably be in second place, being somewhere above 600 hours. Again, I've deleted most of my old saves, so I can't say exactly how long I've played on there.

Morrowind and Fallout 3 are both probably around 500 hours elapsed. Fallout 4 might be something like 400.

Tl;dr: Bethesda games are a time sink.

• APB likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:56 AM

I couldn't even fathom counting how many hours I've played of Sim City 4 in the last 14 years.

MuntyJack
  • MuntyJack

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:56 AM Edited by MuntyJack, 28 July 2017 - 07:56 AM.

If to speak about games in reaal life then it was Laboratory of lost species escape room. It was in LA. We spent about an hour to get out of the room. I didn't mention that it was a horror and really scary one. Overall it was a good experience but next time I will choose something easier.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:29 AM Edited by Fireman, 30 July 2017 - 11:31 AM.

I went to Origin and FIFA has been quite time consuming;

FIFA 13 - 800+ hours
FIFA 14 - 796 hours.

FIFA 15 - 271 hours

FIFA 16 - 192 hours

FIFA 17 - 52 hours

Definitely a downward trend though, considering FIFA 18 is around the corner. I WONDER WHY I STARTED PLAYING THIS WONDERFUL GAME WITH GREAT INNOVATIONS LESS AND LESS EVERY YEAR.

This is only Career Mode by the way, because I'm insane.

Spoiler

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:03 PM

Ogame = 6 years

4ward
  • 4ward

Come close

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

TF2 - 4169 hrs   :sui:

• Fireman likes this

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

Fallout 2 on PC all those years ago. Man, that game was VAST. I literally spent months playing it.

• Grae and AmigaMix like this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:22 PM

Most likely either Morrowind or Oblivion. No idea how many hours

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

GTA IV. Altogether I've probably played 2000 hours or more.

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:59 PM Edited by Candy_Licker, 28 July 2017 - 04:59 PM.

It's not really that I buy short games either. Most of the games I own are long. That's the thing. Like I have The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim etc on rotation was well as GR: Wildlands, Mafia 3 etc. I'm no completionist but I spend a lot of time trying to do most things in one area before I move on to the next. I wish I had less games and focused one at a time. It was kind of simpler like that when I was a more casual gamer or when I was young. Buy one game and go mad with it. 

But 50hrs in, not that I'm bored as such, I'll just put it down and then not really think to pick it up for some time. I think 50+ maybe more hours, the thrills start to ware off a bit, there's less stimulation for me. You've most likely seen all the crazy stuff you are going to see. The honeymoon phase sort of goes. The itch is scratched so to say. The curiosity is gone. You can give a good opinion of the game. Then another game comes a long and BAM! All of a sudden you're not fighting Draugurs in dungeons in Skyrim but hacking some guy named Rufus in Chicago and listening in to his phone conversations. 

I do want to focus more on one game though. I did it with Skyrim recently and I'll do it with Fallout 4 on my new play though. I put 100+hours in my first F4 playthrough and now hitting about 25hrs in to my second. 

Vanilla would bore me  pretty soon too, faster than 50 hours (except for some true masterpieces/games with good story), that's when mods come into play. Installing some mods is often easy these days and doesn't involve much hassle.

Nowadays I often spend more time browsing mod catalogues than playing the game because I can do it on the side and relax, since I'm often too lazy to actually play. :lol:

But I can't be arsed to Install a new game, learn the controls / gameplay and immerse myself in the setting if it doesn't offer enough playtime. 

• Mister Pink likes this

CaptianBackwoods
  • CaptianBackwoods

Rebel Riders MC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

Longest game I have a stat for is BF3 which I logged over 1100 hours in.

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:44 PM

GTA Online

~3200 hours and counting

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:10 PM

I honestly don't know how many hours I've put into my games. I did spend a lot of time on GTAO up until I stopped playing it. Some others that were already mentioned, The Witcher 3, Skyrim, and Fallout 4 are other games that I also spent a lot of time playing. I guess I'll even throw in Minecraft too. I played it alot on PC before buying it again for PS3.

Thesmophoriazusae
  • Thesmophoriazusae

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:57 PM

Euro Truck Simulator 2, 600 hours in and I still didn't manage to get to the end of it!

Holy christ O' almighty, how can you play that simulator?! I do not understand. But wew! As for me, Sid Meier's Civilization V: 154, I believe and that's the longest I've experienced.   

Nero
  • Nero

custom grenade pin

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:01 AM

Not sure. Just hope it's not runescape.

AmigaMix
  • AmigaMix

human being

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

Fallout: New Vegas, 1048 hours on Steam ( I actually started a new playthrough two weeks ago ) and a few hundred on Xbox.

• Grae likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

Most likely San Andreas, although I did spend a sh*tload of time playing Goldeneye during my youth, so who knows?

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:57 AM

CS:S - 6583 hours

Mark_N
  • Mark_N

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

For me it would have to be Modern Warfare 2. I literally had 40 days worth of game time dedicated to it and enjoyed every minute. It was the first game I was really addicted to and couldn't put down. Usually though, I only play a game through its story mode and trade them in as I become bored quite easily. At the moment, I am pretty much addicted to Rocket league and can see that becoming on a par with MW2.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

Probably Skyrim, don't have an exact number of hours but over multiple playthroughs quite a lot of time. New Vegas, Gta IV and San Andreas are up there too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users