uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

https://www.rockstar...sition/db095064

For anyone interested, Rockstar Games is now hiring a new community manager for their NY office:

Rockstar Games is looking for a dedicated Community Manager to join the Community team at our NoHo NYC office. Responsibilities will include writing, editing and helping to manage our online content, social media activity, community engagement, live streams, and direct consumer response. Candidate must be a very skilled writer and social media enthusiast with relevant community management experience, razor sharp messaging finesse, a meticulous eye for detail, excellent organizational and multitasking skills, and a serious passion for videogames and internet culture.

RESPONSIBILITIES
  • Create, edit and publish content for the Rockstar Newswire blog and all other official Rockstar social media channels.
  • Manage and engage Rockstar’s social media community as it exists across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch and other networks.
  • Maintain a consistent presence and friendly environment across all communication channels, engaging fans directly via social media channels, events, chats, direct email, and other Rockstar fan discussion outlets.
  • Create and present regular reporting to internal teams on community engagement and social media metrics. Track content consumption, traffic growth, user registration among other things.
  • Help develop community campaign strategies in line with marketing/brand/PR objectives.
  • Conceptualize and manage execution of new social media engagement initiatives such as events, contests, and promotions.
  • Work with internal teams to create and produce content, including video assets.
  • Compile daily monitoring reports on fan discussion and be responsible for tracking down answers to fan questions.
  • Manage, reward and energize fan communities of Rockstar game franchises.
QUALIFICATIONS
  • Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
  • Highly self-motivated and proactive with ability to work both with minimal supervision and as part of a team environment.
  • Strong planning and project management skills and good analytical skills.
  • Ability to work swiftly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
  • The ability to keep a level head and maintain grace under pressure.
  • Excellent organizational skills.
  • Interest and initiative to innovate Rockstar’s social media practices and bring them to the next level.
SKILLS
  • Previous experience in social media and community management.
  • Knowledge of and passion for online community creation and social media.
  • Working knowledge of HTML, Premiere Pro and Photoshop a plus.
  • Knowledge of and passion for Rockstar Games titles.

• Mister Pink, Kirsty, 2281 and 7 others like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

I feel like someone got fired after that OpenIV thing...

• ikt, Luna Lovegood, Sunrise Driver and 19 others like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

Given the state of the community recently, that isn't a job I feel would be for those with a nervous disposition.

The amount of death threats and dog turds that must land on that desk every morning....

• 2281, Pastry, LightningLord and 2 others like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

I feel like someone got fired after that OpenIV thing...

Like that would not be deserved.

That being said, i think that is rather the doing of some other manager somewhere higher up.

This job sounds more like being one of the so called "mouths" of rockstar, being in charge of articles and trailers and such and just helping out with communicating certain events or maybe helping to plan them out.

Personally even if i could do all what was needed to apply for this job, i would not even dare touching this....sounds like a nightmare.

Given the state of the community recently, that isn't a job I feel would be for those with a nervous disposition.

The amount of death threats and dog turds that must land on that desk every morning....

And antrax ;)

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

Nothing to do with any OpenIV stuff. The community managers are the ones who create the Newswire posts and take care of the livestreams on Twitch and the social networking stuff. Someone probably quit or they're wanting some new blood by opening extra positions. :)

• Mister Pink, Mach1bud, LightningLord and 1 other like this

Drunkard

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:38 PM Edited by 1898, 26 July 2017 - 07:39 PM.

Hopefully it means they're beefing up for a game to be released next spring :evilgrin:

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

Don't argue with me, I assure you I'll win

• Members
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

Lmao I'm surprised R* even needs a community manager. They do like, no managing of the community at all. They're the most "close the doors, make whatever game you want, and watch people buy it" ever.

Compare that to a company like Ubisoft or IO.

Hell, I remember IO unlocked a new difficulty level in the game just because one fan made a thread on the forums.
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and Criminal-Fox like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:21 AM

The role is required to host more live streams of GTAO. I get the feeling they want to turn it into a daily thing.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:31 PM

Lmao I'm surprised R* even needs a community manager. They do like, no managing of the community at all. They're the most "close the doors, make whatever game you want, and watch people buy it" ever.

Hell, I remember IO unlocked a new difficulty level in the game just because one fan made a thread on the forums.

Who do you think made the 15,000+ tweets & Newswire, designed the images , graphics and videos that go along with them, is managing their social media; Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram? They hardly do no interacting with the community? They have a twitter account with more 8 million followers and they use it. Every day, lol. 

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

Who do you think made the 15,000+ tweets & Newswire, designed the images , graphics and videos that go along with them, is managing their social media; Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram? They hardly do no interacting with the community? They have a twitter account with more 8 million followers and they use it. Every day, lol. 

Let's put it like this though, we really could use more communication from their part.

Though technically the buyers of their product are not per se entitled to it, i am pretty sure with some of their f*ck ups of the recent month and the direction their current gta 5 is going, i am not the only one feeling like they have some explaining to do.

• Criminal-Fox likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:48 AM

^
The community managers at R* don't get the same level of freedom we do here, it's a big company.
  • Spider-Vice, RedDagger, Mach1bud and 1 other like this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

"Maintain a consistent presence and friendly environment across all communication channels, engaging fans directly via social media channels, events, chats, direct email, and other Rockstar fan discussion outlets."

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• V4S, Spider-Vice, RedDagger and 6 others like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

October 1st

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:59 PM Edited by livejoker, 28 July 2017 - 02:00 PM.

So can I send my resumé at the link? I'm very good at making bad decisions and disappointing people.

*cue shot of my parents looking out the kitchen window*

• MGgames100, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud, jrl51592 and 3 others like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

^
The community managers at R* don't get the same level of freedom we do here, it's a big company.

True i guess, they probably are not allowed to talk about anything they want at all and the bad sh*tty choices do come from way higher up, but yea...i could really use some explaining as to...well...not gonna turn this into a B&M topic, but holly sh*t, do i have some questions for them !

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:57 PM

Looks like I'll have to give them my resime. Been looking for a job that allows me to fulfill my sadistic desires. ;P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users