Max Payne: The Leftover Fixes
by The Eddo
This mod restores some of the BETA features in the game, fixes game bugs and adds several nice enhancements to make it shine in the next generation.
Inspired by the Payne Evolution mod for Max Payne 2, but it's more like Leftover Fixes and SilentPatch for MP.
* Removed red flash which appears when getting damage.
* Bullet Time now lasts for 20 seconds.
* Bullet Time now regenerates from empty to full in 90 seconds as seen in Max Payne 2.
* Shootdodging now no longer drains Bullet Time.
* Removed heartbeat sound from Bullet Time.
* Music now can be heard during Bullet Time.
* Added the Jump to Chapter option as seen in Max Payne 2, the option works just like in the sequel, you must complete the game once on Fugitive to unlock it.
* Enemies and bosses now use their fire death screams as their falling to death screams.
* Weapon sounds are now much more audible.
* Restored a third "Found Painkillers" dialogue which plays when picking up a painkiller for the first time (the dialogue was in the game but unused).
* Restored Max's death sounds (the sounds were in the game but unused).
* Projectile, clip, shell and weapon collision sounds are now a bit more varied (the sounds were in the game but unused).
* Now all characters in the game have and use their own voice sets properly in all cases, previously some characters used the generic "mobster" sounds.
* Fixed game bug where Frankie Niagara, Boris Dime and Angelo Punchinello had two death sounds playing.
* Removed cigarette from a trenchcoat enemy to help make the game safer for younger and\or sensitive players.
* Project: Valhalla test subjects now behave like the other junkies in the game and use their voice set as well.
* Added a +75 health bonus for killing bosses (the feature was in the game but disabled), this can prove helpful in various situations.
* Several weapons are now obtainable early in the game like in Max Payne 2 (only applies to "Roscoe Street Station", "Playing it Bogart" and "Angel of Death").
* Restored Vinnie Gognitti's death sound (the sound was in the game but unused).
* Fixed game bug where a particle effect did not play on some weapons when they were dropped.
* Lead Pipe is now available in Part II instead of being absent.
* Fixed game bug where some levels did not have any skybox model, now all levels correctly have a skybox model (even those where skybox models don't appear).
* Fixed game bug where picking up one Beretta gave you two Berettas.
* Fixed game bug where picking up a Sawed-Off Shotgun gave you four bullets, you now correctly get two bullets.
* Now you can carry infinite amounts of ammo, the painkiller "ammo" limit is yet to be removed.
* Darkened Max's jacket and shirt to match E3 2000 and graphic novel more closely.
* Restored Max's "get hit" sounds but added them to Max's clone, the one you encounter in the first level of Part III (the sounds were in the game but unused).
* Restored a texture for the Inner Circle members (the texture was in the game but unused).
* Max's health is now 100 instead of 60.
* Restored Alex's death sound (the sound was in the game but unused).
* B.B. now drops a Sawed-Off Shotgun and the Desert Eagle he used to kill Alex when killed.
* A special music track now plays during the boss fight with Jack Lupino (the music track was in the game but unused).
* Restored all Killer Suit alert dialogues, the game now selects from a total of 32(!) alert dialogues (the sounds were in the game but unused).
* Restored a Mercenary "get hit" sound (the sound was in the game but unused).
* Added a +5 health bonus for killing enemies (the feature was in the game but disabled).
* Killing Max's clone (the one you encounter in the first level of Part III) now rewards you with full health and Bullet Time.
* Police officers now use the Mercenaries' voice set.
* Fixed game bug where health and Bullet Time bonuses were given for killing innocent characters.
* Corrected the "get hit" sounds of a mobster in the toilet in "The Baseball Bat".
* Changed the music playing in the menu to the one heard in graphic novel.
* Restored a "body land after falling" sound meant to play when a character hitted the ground after a long fall (the sound was in the game but unused).
* Added death sounds to Max in the alternate cutscene at the end of "Pain and Suffering", the one which plays if you fail to take the radio mast down.
PLANNED FEATURES FOR THE NEXT VERSION
These features may (or may not) be added:
* Replace ALL weapon models, weapon clip models, weapon shell models, weapon bullet models, weapon ammo models and weapon sounds with the ones from Max Payne 2.
* Add Dual Desert Eagles, MP5, Kalashinkov and Dragunov.
* Remove painkiller "ammo" limit.
* Make Max say "thank you" when picking up a weapon or a painkiller dropped by an enemy.
* Make a more accurate version of Max's E3 2000 skin.
* Restore Nicole Horne's unused dialogue where she yells "NOOOOOOOOO!", this dialogue was meant to play in the final cutscene of "Pain and Suffering".
* Add more variety to Max's sounds by adding the ones from Max Payne 2.
* Make the "get hit" sounds work on Max.
* Make Max throw his empty weapon at enemies when he runs out of ammo for it.
* Restore the unused jacket whirling sounds.
* Add a Hitman: Contracts-like death sequence; when Max's health is below 25%, he must kill enough enemies to regain health before he dies.
* Turn Lead Pipe into a backup side-arm by replacing it with a functional gun with infinite ammo.
* Restore unused sounds that were meant to be used in the final cutscene of "Pain and Suffering".
* Make every sound in the game much more audible.
* Replace skybox textures with the ones from Max Payne 2.
Porting stuff from Max Payne 2 to Max Payne is very easy since both games use the same game engine and the same file formats.
Every planned feature above is 100% possible to add.
Simple, put the provided data folder next to MaxPayne.exe and start the game WITH NO MOD SELECTED or else the game will crash.
And by "no mod selected" I mean to make sure that "<none selected>" is selected in the "Choose Customized Game" drop-down box in the game launcher.
Just start the game, mod will take effect instantly, no need to do anything.
SUPPORTED GAME VERSIONS
This mod should work with all PC versions of Max Payne, I designed, developed and tested this mod on version 1.05 of the game and it works well.
Download Link: http://www.yourfilel...php?fid=1389281.