Max Payne: Restorations Pack
by The Eddo
This mod restores some of the BETA features in the game, fixes game bugs and adds several nice enhancements to make it shine in the next generation.
Inspired by the Payne Evolution mod for Max Payne 2, but it's more like Leftover Fixes and SilentPatch for MP.
* Added the Jump to Chapter option as seen in Max Payne 2, the option works just like in the sequel, you must complete the game once on Fugitive to unlock it.
* Enemies and bosses now use their fire death screams as their falling to death screams.
* Restored a third "Found Painkillers" dialogue which plays when picking up a painkiller for the first time (the dialogue was in the game but unused).
* Restored Max's death sounds (the sounds were in the game but unused).
* Projectile, clip, shell and weapon collision sounds are now a bit more varied (the sounds were in the game but unused).
* Now all characters in the game have and use their own voice sets properly in all cases, previously some characters used the generic "mobster" sounds.
* Fixed game bug where Frankie Niagara, Boris Dime and Angelo Punchinello had two death sounds playing.
* Project: Valhalla test subjects now behave like the other junkies in the game and use their voice set as well.
* Restored Vinnie Gognitti's death sound (the sound was in the game but unused).
* Fixed game bug where a particle effect did not play on some weapons when they were dropped.
* Lead Pipe is now available in Part II instead of being absent.
* Fixed game bug where some levels did not have any skybox model, now all levels correctly have a skybox model (even those where skybox models don't appear).
* Fixed game bug where the "coder" console command didn't give you infinite painkillers.
* Fixed game bug where picking up a Sawed-Off Shotgun gave you four bullets, you now correctly get two bullets.
* Restored Max's "get hit" sounds but added them to Max's clone, the one you encounter in the first level of Part III (the sounds were in the game but unused).
* Restored a texture for the Inner Circle members (the texture was in the game but unused).
* Restored Alex's death sound (the sound was in the game but unused).
* A special music track now plays during the boss fight with Jack Lupino (the music track was in the game but unused).
* Restored all Killer Suit alert dialogues, the game now selects from a total of 32(!) alert dialogues (the sounds were in the game but unused).
* Restored a Mercenary "get hit" sound (the sound was in the game but unused).
* Police officers now use the Mercenaries' voice set.
* Fixed game bug where health and Bullet Time bonuses were given for killing innocent characters.
* Corrected the "get hit" sounds of a mobster in the toilet in "The Baseball Bat".
* Restored a "body land after falling" sound meant to play after a character fell to death (the sound was in the game but unused).
* Added death sounds to Max in the alternate cutscene at the end of "Pain and Suffering", the one which plays if you fail to take the radio mast down.
* The mobster at the vending machine in "Playing it Bogart" now kicks the machine instead of messing with it's buttons (animation was in the game but unused).
* The second gun model appearing in Max's left hand when holding Dual Berettas or Dual Ingrams has been repositioned to match the one in right hand.
* Adjusted ambient lighting of all levels, now all characters, pickups, dynamic objects etc. look better.
* Max's skin is now more like the one shown in E3 2000 trailer and screenshots (it requires more tweaking though), credits for the skin go to The_Silver at ModDB.
* Smart compatibility with non-English versions of Max Payne; the new text additions no longer cause the other menu texts to auto-change to English.
* Restored unused Beretta shooting animation as seen in E3 2000, this animation is now used by all Max skins and their AI-controlled versions.
* Restored unused Beretta shooting sound.
* Fixed a slight bug on the jacket texture provided by The_Silver.
Simple, put the provided data folder next to MaxPayne.exe and start the game WITH NO MOD SELECTED or else the game will crash.
And by "no mod selected" I mean to make sure that "<none selected>" is selected in the "Choose Customized Game" drop-down box in the game launcher.
Just start the game, mod will take effect instantly, no need to do anything.
SUPPORTED GAME VERSIONS
This mod should work with all PC versions of Max Payne, I designed, developed and tested this mod on version 1.05 of the game and it works well.
Download link: http://s000.tinyuplo...766367637021131