Max Payne: Restorations Pack
by the Eddo
This mod restores tons of content that went unused in Max Payne, recreates content that was cut and adds many things that the game had been lacking for a long time.
* Added the Jump to Chapter option ala Max Payne 2, you must complete the game once on Fugitive to unlock it.
* Enemies now use their fire death sounds (while the boss enemies use their normal death sounds) as their falling to death sounds.
* Restored a third "Found Painkillers" dialogue which plays when picking up a painkiller for the first time (the dialogue was in the game but unused).
* Restored Max's death sounds (the sounds were in the game but unused).
* Projectile, clip, shell and weapon collision sounds are now a bit more varied (the sounds were in the game but unused).
* Now all characters in the game have and use their own voice sets properly in all cases, previously some characters used the generic "mobster" sounds in some cases.
* Fixed game bug where Frankie Niagara, Boris Dime and Angelo Punchinello had two death sounds playing.
* Project: Valhalla test subjects now behave like the other junkies in the game and use their voice set as well.
* Restored Vinnie Gognitti's death sound (the sound was in the game but unused).
* Fixed game bug where a particle effect did not play on some weapons when they were dropped.
* Lead Pipe is now available in Part II instead of being absent, it can be picked up from Frankie's corpse after you kill him.
* Fixed game bug where some levels did not have any skybox model, now all levels correctly have a skybox model (even those where skybox models don't appear).
* Fixed game bug where the "coder" console command didn't give you infinite painkillers.
* Fixed game bug where picking up a Sawed-Off Shotgun gave you four bullets, you now correctly get two bullets.
* Restored Max's "get hit" sounds but added them to the evil Max in the second nightmare level (the sounds were in the game but unused).
* Restored a texture-set for the Inner Circle members (the texture was in the game but unused), now there are three instead of two.
* Restored Alex's death sound (the sound was in the game but unused).
* A special music track now plays during the boss fight with Jack Lupino (the music track was in the game but unused).
* Restored all Killer Suit alert dialogues, the game now selects from a total of thirty-two alert dialogues (the sounds were in the game but unused).
* Restored a Mercenary "get hit" sound (the sound was in the game but unused).
* Police officers now use the Mercenaries' voice set.
* Fixed game bug where Bullet Time bonuses were given for killing innocent characters.
* Corrected the "get hit" sounds of a mobster in the toilet in "The Baseball Bat".
* Restored a "body land after falling" sound meant to play after a character fell to death (the sound was in the game but unused).
* Added death sounds to Max in the alternate ending cutscene of "Pain and Suffering", the one which plays if you fail to take the radio mast down.
* The mobster at the vending machine in "Playing it Bogart" now kicks the machine instead of messing with it's buttons (animation was in the game but unused).
* The second gun model appearing in Max's left hand when holding Dual Berettas or Dual Ingrams has been repositioned to match the one in right hand more closely.
* Recreated E3 2000\graphic novel Max skin (I think it's perfect now), credits for the jacket texture go to The_Silver at ModDB.
* Also fixed a small bug on the jacket texture provided by The_Silver.
* Smart compatibility with non-English versions of the game; the new text additions no longer cause the other texts to auto-change to English.
* Restored unused Beretta shooting animation as seen in E3 2000, this animation is now used by all Max skins, their AI-controlled versions and Killer Suits.
* Restored unused Beretta shooting sound.
* Fixed game difficulty-related bug where you would get akward amounts of ammo when playing on the "Fugitive" difficulty level.
* Restored unused Desert Eagle shooting animation as seen in E3 2000, this animation is now used by all Max skins, their AI-controlled versions and Killer Suits.
* Added the end credits music track from a special credits video available only on the PS2 version of the game.
* Recreated Roscoe Bank security guard skin, it's not used anywhere at the moment, but you can use the "-developerkeys" commandline to switch to it.
* The neutral mobster in "Fear that Gives Men Wings" (the one who gets you into the laundromat) now has skin variations.
* Restored the collision sounds of broken wood pieces, these sounds play when wooden objects (only the ones that break into several pieces) are broken.
* Bullets are now clearly visible during gunfights and when the game is paused, so now you can avoid damage by dodging them.
* Now you can kill NYPD cops, normally the bullets would just pass through them.
* Restored three different color variations of the trenchcoats worn by the Ragna Rock trenchcoat mobsters.
* Restored one coat texture of a fat mobster, a purple jacket texture of a street mobster (like in E3 2000), and a dusty jacket texture of a thin and bald mobster.
* Restored a light-blue undershirt texture of a mobster (this mobster is the one you encounter with a shotgun near the vending machine in "Roscoe Street Station").
* Restored three different texture variations of the coats worn by the Project: Valhalla scientists.
* Kinda fixed all of the weapons' shoot and reload sounds by increasing their volumes, they felt too silent.
* Added a new "GetLeadPipe" console command, you probably know what it does.
* Fixed the Dual Ingrams' wrongly-placed muzzleflash of the Ingram in Max's left hand.
* Characters now grin correctly when firing the Sniper Rifle, the Ingram and the Dual Ingrams.
* Transparent and semi-transparent textures with adult content now completely disappear when using Parental Lock, non-transparent textures still turn grey though.
* Removed all of the shine, chrome and fake specular effects on all weapons and their pickups, now they all appear in their true colors.
* Added a new graphic novel page that shows the game's title, this new page also the default one used by the game now.
* Optimized Max's voice set on all playable and AI-controlled Max skins.
* The AI-controlled Max now no longer has a Beretta in his hand when he appears tied to the chair in the first nightmare level.
* The dead mobster tied to the chair in "The Blood Veins of New York" also no longer has a Beretta in his hand.
* The small blood spots on the ground in "Police Brutality" now no longer appear when using Parental Lock.
* Restored a second shootdodge sound effect.
* The game now uses all four variations of the "melee weapon hits hollow metal" sound instead of one.
* Red bullet holes and red melee hit marks now appear on the "flesh" material (used by objects like the meat in "The Baseball Bat") if not using Parental Lock.
* The "flesh" material now also behaves just like the "character" material, with the same particle effects and sounds.
* All graphic novel pages are now really disabled when using Parental Lock, the only viewable page is now the new one that was mentioned earlier.
(This was done to bring Parental Lock in line with the text that says "all graphic novel screens are removed" when starting the game with Parental Lock on.)
* The dead mobster tied to the chair in "The Blood Veins of New York" now uses the "death" face texture correctly, like the other "custom death" animations.
* Max also uses the "death" face texture when he appears tied to the chair in the first nightmare level.
* The "Angel of Death" level and both nightmare levels now use the "asgard" skybox, which just shows a plain cloudy sky.
* The "Put Out My Flames With Gasoline" level now uses the unused "skyscrapers_streetlevel" skybox.
(The restaurant in that level is actually located in Manhattan instead of the Bronx, I noticed this in the fly-by intro level and the "Nothing to Lose" level.)
* Restore the green snowstorm particle effect by replacing the normal red snowfall in the second nightmare level.
* Restore the cut MP5, proper models and sounds still exist in the game.
* Restore the E3 1998 crosshair.
* Restore the implemented-but-disabled "Advanced Settings" menu.
* Restore the implemented-but-disabled Level of Detail (visibility distance of characters, weapons, pickups and projectiles) slider in the "Video Settings" menu.
* Restore the implemented-but-disabled Frame Rate Smoothness slider in the "Video Settings" menu.
* Restore Nicole Horne's unused dialogue: "NOOOOOOOOO!".
* Restore Alex's unused death animation.
* Restore the unused painkiller eating animation.
* Restore the implemented-but-disabled "drop weapon when out of ammo" feature, animations for this feature exist and work properly so this one is going to be easy.
* Make Vinnie Gognitti drop the Pump-Action Shotgun after shooting at Max in "Fear that Gives Men Wings".
* Make Lisa Punchinello lie dead like she does in the graphic novel.
* Randomize texture-sets of all characters so all enemy textures are completely random each time.
* Change Max's Ingram shooting animation to the two-handed one used by the Killer Suits.
* Change Max's weapon from Sniper Rifle to Ingram in the fly-by intro and in the ending cutscene of "Pain and Suffering" to match graphic novel.
* Find a way to make bullet holes appear on characters like in the E3 1998 trailer.
* Change Jack Lupino's weapon from Sawed-Off Shotgun to Ingram in "An Empire of Evil" to match graphic novel.
* Re-add the test level "Manor_Outside" and edit it into a level where you must go around the back of the Punchinello Manor to start the "Angel of Death" level.
* Add variations to Max's sounds by merging the ones from Max Payne 2 and Max Payne 3.
* Replace all levels' loadscreens with the higher quality ones from the graphic novel.
* Replace the phone ringing sound in "Angel of Death" with the unused antique one (which can also be heard in the graphic novel cutscene after answering the phone).
* Make the "Take Me to Cold Steel" level's loadscreen appear in the graphic novel, it's missing.
The text additions I made appear in English ONLY, so it's best to use this mod on an English version of the game for consistency.
The second nightmare level's red maze can be hard to pass if you have Parental Lock on as the small platform at the end of each line in the maze is invisible.
1. Put the "data" folder right next to "MaxPayne.exe".
2. Start the game by clicking on "MaxPayne.exe" or by using the shortcut on your desktop (if it exists), and wait for the launcher to appear.
3. IMPORTANT! Select "<none selected>" in the Choose Customized Game drop-down box (if it's greyed-out, which happens when the game finds no .MPM files, skip this step).
4. Click on "Play".
There might not be any more updates, although the end of updates is kinda less likely, so still expect more updates.
The whole mod - The Eddo
Max's jacket texture - The_Silver
Download link: http://s000.tinyuplo...635165709912873