Quantcast

» «
Photo

PS3 GTA V FREEZING

Best Answer Niax, 2 weeks ago

Alright i bought a new disc and it works, EB Games was very willing to swap for another disc, they also said if it happens again to return and we'll swap again.

Go to the full post

9 replies to this topic
Niax
  • Niax

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hello, i am currently on ps3 and i picked up the game 3 days ago, anyway there is a weird bug when i am Michael trying to pull over the cars it crashes when i get to here:

And Before you ask if i can go test it in another console i cant none of my friends have a console, please help.

206943b8b4386a5931b2a71fbe921f02.png

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 3 weeks ago.

you need to reset console, wipe the hard drive and reinstall the game, it's obvious some sectors of disk are corrupted.

If that doesn't help look up one of many tutorial videos on how to replace the hard drive, i swapped it for SSD in mine to avoid things like you're experiencing.

Niax
  • Niax

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

you need to reset console, wipe the hard drive and reinstall the game, it's obvious some sectors of disk are corrupted.
If that doesn't help look up one of many tutorial videos on how to replace the hard drive, i swapped it for SSD in mine to avoid things like you're experiencing.

Alright I'll try it I'll update you when done

Niax
  • Niax

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Didnt work :(

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hello and welcome.

i picked up the game 3 days ago

When you say you 'picked up the game' can you be more specific? Did you buy it from a store or from a private seller? Was the disc new or used?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 3 weeks ago.

i supect you only did reset to console, your problem probably is damaged HDD, try swapping it out following the tutorial from youtube (need to download firmware from sony page for this and flashdrive)

Niax
  • Niax

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago   Best Answer

Alright i bought a new disc and it works, EB Games was very willing to swap for another disc, they also said if it happens again to return and we'll swap again.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 2 weeks ago.

wasn't even thinking that DVD could be damaged, ps3 loads it in quite softly and physical contact ain't happening to read area if keeping it in console

Niax
  • Niax

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

wasn't even thinking that DVD could be damaged, ps3 loads it in quite softly and physical contact ain't happening to read area if keeping it in console

It was a pre owned so it was pretty dirty when we bought it we cleaned it then it ran smooth as butter if that butter ran at a 20fps cap. But im very satisfied as long as this one runs, and i can play it through i'll be a happy cupcake.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 2 weeks ago

i also got my gta 5 plus ps3 used (older fat model) but i got lucky and could finish game without problems, later just to be sure backed up savegames and swapped to SSD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users