Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted A week ago

Cut the spam and chat and get back to questions in here.

• sivispacem likes this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago Edited by GrudgefromSanAndreas, A week ago.

NEVERMIND DELETED QUESTION

M0ZzZgG
  • M0ZzZgG

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

I wrote about my problem, but no one wants to help me. In this topic:

On which site can I buy a PSN account to link to the RSCC account?

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

Would this be considered too NSFW for a signature?

Spoiler

RameSkac
  • RameSkac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted A week ago

you say that like its a bad thing

Shut up carl

sorry couldnt resist doing a gta san pun

• ten-a-penny and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

Alexander
  • Alexander

she's a Khaleesi not a queen fcks sake mate

• The Yardies
  • Venezuela

Posted A week ago

Spoiler

I have one where a chick shows more skin than that in my sig rotator and it's all good, so you're probably in the clear.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago Edited by Matrelith, A week ago.

Spoiler

I have one where a chick shows more skin than that in my sig rotator and it's all good, so you're probably in the clear.

Naamloos.png

Talk about coincidence. 

But good point. 

• Alexander likes this

Giemo
  • Giemo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 6 days ago

Sup, i have question for the people whom dont speak English natively. Do you play GTA translated to your language or play it in English? I am from Poland and i dislike the Polish translation. because some words are just stupidly translated.

What's your opinion on the topic?

mr quick
  • mr quick

Vår tid er forbi - Europa brenner!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 6 days ago

No translation exists for my language, so I didn't really have an option :p 
It's worth nothing that GTA probably helped improve my understanding of colloquial english as well as a more convincing accent. 

• ten-a-penny likes this

Giemo
  • Giemo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 6 days ago

It's worth nothing that GTA probably helped improve my understanding of colloquial english as well as a more convincing accent. 

What's your native language?

Also GTA helped me learn english too

• mr quick likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 6 days ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, 6 days ago.

I play in English, not only because I understand most english words (more English than Portuguese, I'm like the least brazilian Brazilian ever), but the translation just sounds dumb.

• ten-a-penny and Shaytan like this

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

"It can't be that difficult"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 6 days ago

I play in Portuguese because way long ago I tried to search for the option to change it to English (for the exact same reason DOUGL4S1 pointed out, some of the lines are borderline cringeworthy in Brazilian Portuguese) and couldn't find it, so I didn't really bothered much about it since then. It's also a bit complicated when you're playing with English-speaking people and explaining some game feature or asking to do a certain mission and so you try to translate the Portuguese names to English - problem is these are not that linear and most of the time the other person just gets really confused.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Neon_Dreaming, 6 days ago.

I have a somewhat similar question, do characters who speak different languages in Gta games speak it well or is there a lot of errors, for example Spanish being spoke in RDR or when Niko speaks Serbian.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 6 days ago

The Spanish that the cholos and vagos spoke was pretty spot on. Saying chinga tu madre, pendejo to someone will end with your brain being bashed in with a baseball bat, lol.
  • ten-a-penny, Audi and Neon_Dreaming like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 6 days ago

The GTA IV Brazilian made his role pretty well in a Paulista accent, and even his english mixed with portuguese was great. It must be fun going to a country where people don't speak the language you do and start swearing at everyone on the street with a smile, like "Vai tomar no teu cú" :) . The issue is that brazilians are like pigeons, you find them everywhere in the world.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

mr quick
  • mr quick

Vår tid er forbi - Europa brenner!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 6 days ago

What's your native language?

Also GTA helped me learn english too

Norwegian :) 

V4S
  • V4S

🌸 N°t pⱻssⱻɹdɯᴉ 🌸

• The Yakuza
  • Japan
  • 14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 6 days ago Edited by V4S, 6 days ago.

nevermind, it worked its way out

• The Happy Clown, alkaline_, -LN- and 1 other like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

DONT YOU WANT A 🅱ALLOON???

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 6 days ago

I have a somewhat similar question, do characters who speak different languages in Gta games speak it well or is there a lot of errors, for example Spanish being spoke in RDR or when Niko speaks Serbian.

The mexican general in RDR butchers the f*cking spanish language, i can tell you that. Might be me, but most mexican peds sounded phoned in as well.
(Nothing as atrocious as a native who can't even speak his own language though)
  • ten-a-penny and Neon_Dreaming like this

Audi
  • Audi

Merces Letifer

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 6 days ago

Its pretty accurate in GTAV imo. GTA SA is more chicano spanglish then Mexican Spanish though but still well done. RDR has been so long I cant comment. The Dominicans in TBoGT was pretty good too, but GTA VC was a bit more stereotypical Cuban. 

Im curious about the Serbian and Russian in GTAIV as well.

• slimeball supreme, ten-a-penny and Neon_Dreaming like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 6 days ago Edited by fashion, 6 days ago.

Is wearing glasses when you don't actually NEED them bad for your eyes?

My eyes aren't perfect and I see pretty much fine but my eye doctor gave me glasses when I did a test for a driving license a few years back.
When I asked if I should always wear them, his response was just "if you want". I can read just fine without them and must wear them when riding a car.

Recently though, I started wearing them also in front of the TV. I kinda enjoy the higher resolution :p

Thing is, mother visited me recently and said glasses can damage eyes even further and it's better not to wear them when I don't necessarily need to?

Thoughts?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 6 days ago

Thing is, mother visited me recently and said glasses can damage eyes even further and it's better not to wear them when I don't necessarily need to?

Yeah, no. That's not how it works.
  • fashion likes this

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 6 days ago

Incorrect prescription can cause further eye damage by increasing strain on the eyes. But not wearing glasses when you need them also strains your eyes. Generally, wearing glasses that are comfortable for your eyes, allowing them to adjust to near and far objects without strain, will help your vision, because it reduces strain, while allowing eye to exercise. Problem is, a lot of people are wearing glasses that are entirely too strong for them, because these give the instant impression of sharper image. So long as you got prescription from a doctor who did due diligence testing your eyes, though, wearing them shouldn't be bad for your eyes.

Bottom line, your optometrist is the best person to tell you if you really need to wear glasses. If he went with, "If you want," the prescription is probably not strong enough to matter either way, so it literally means "If you want."
  • Alexander, ten-a-penny and fashion like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

leftist terrorist

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 6 days ago Edited by slimeball supreme, 6 days ago.

just to answer this question:

russian in gta iv, from what ive heard, is actually pretty solid - which is helped by the fact that a lot of the voice cast for russian actors were played by actual russians/eastern europeans (i.e. karel roden and misha kuznetsov). i can't speak for most of the peds but a lot of it was pretty clean. meanwhile, serbian in IV wasn't really very good. there were a lot of problems with how words were pronounced, which most likely came from hollick, zumwalt and alex's direct inexperience with the language (funnily enough, some people have said that it sounded like they were still learning)
  • Audi and Neon_Dreaming like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 6 days ago

just to answer this question:

russian in gta iv, from what ive heard, is actually pretty solid - which is helped by the fact that a lot of the voice cast for russian actors were played by actual russians/eastern europeans (i.e. karel roden and misha kuznetsov). i can't speak for most of the peds but a lot of it was pretty clean. meanwhile, serbian in IV wasn't really very good. there were a lot of problems with how words were pronounced, which most likely came from hollick, zumwalt and alex's direct inexperience with the language (funnily enough, some people have said that it sounded like they were still learning)

I imagine it was kinda like the Portuguese in Max Payne 3: Some of them are pretty well done, mostly the ones spoken by the enemies, except that they got the accent kinda wrong, with Cariocas (Rio) in São Paulo (imagine a game set in New York and people have LA accents) but still, pretty good. However, some of them, specially from main characters like Rodrigo, his dad or that Security guy's are just sad to watch.

• Audi and Neon_Dreaming like this

Giemo
  • Giemo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 5 days ago

I play in Portuguese because way long ago I tried to search for the option to change it to English (for the exact same reason DOUGL4S1 pointed out, some of the lines are borderline cringeworthy in Brazilian Portuguese) and couldn't find it, so I didn't really bothered much about it since then. It's also a bit complicated when you're playing with English-speaking people and explaining some game feature or asking to do a certain mission and so you try to translate the Portuguese names to English - problem is these are not that linear and most of the time the other person just gets really confused.

Some words in the Polish translation also sound bad and just stupid for example the mission "Ryder" the word bitch is translated to gej which means gay in Polish or in the mission "Robbing Uncle Sam" where Ryder talks about straps and it's translated to paski which means stripes in Polish. That's why i play in English

xxi
  • xxi

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 5 days ago

A work related question for UK folk

I have a interview @ Poundland next week, it's definitely not my first choice because it's f*cking Poundland ffs. If I get the job should I accept? I've heard it's well sh*t working for them but it's still a job right? I guess I'm just embarrassed if I'm seen working there. 😶

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 5 days ago

Thanks for the answer to my glasses question. I'll just wear them when I feel like it.

What's the difference between grumpy old forumers and pet peevees? Seems like the exact same thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users