GTA IV Texture problem help fix pls

11 replies to this topic
EtherTakeover
  • EtherTakeover

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ever since I upgraded my computer a while back, I can no longer play GTA IV properly,because of this
ih1mpy.png
Even though it says the texture quality is on high it still displays low quality textures and yes I have restarted GTA IV a lot of times

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Formerly BeauShow

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't really understand what the exact problem is - GTA IV was released in 2008, it's not going to have the most modern looking textures. 

• AuSsIeThUnDeR36 likes this

EtherTakeover
  • EtherTakeover

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by EtherTakeover, 2 weeks ago.

I mean even though it says high quality but it shows textures that are set in low quality.Also I played Gta 4 on high textures and it worked properly before but after my upgrade it shows low quality textures like its a bug or something.Btw look at how much memmory is being used.

EtherTakeover
  • EtherTakeover

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

This what it looks likes on highest textures when I played it before my upgrade.
rgxxtk.png
and now this what it looks like with textures still on high after my update
2dmdtmw.png

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

The game is loading the LODs when it shouldn't. Early RAGE does that sometimes, but it's weird that it is doing that every time. What version are you using? Because some of them don't go along with newer Windows' very well.

EtherTakeover
  • EtherTakeover

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago

Im using the cracked version with patch 1.0.7.0

G8 B8 M8
  • G8 B8 M8

i r8 8/8

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by G8 B8 M8, 2 weeks ago.

The latest patch is the 1.0.8.0, but what i don't understand about your photo is you game with the settings in the maximum but just using 641 of VRAM.

EtherTakeover
  • EtherTakeover

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

The latest patch is the 1.0.8.0, but what i don't understand about your photo is you game with the settings in the maximum but just using 641 of VRAM.
When I maximized the graphics to high,the texture quality was the only one that didnt affect the memmory usage,while the others work completey fine.

G8 B8 M8
  • G8 B8 M8

i r8 8/8

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by G8 B8 M8, 2 weeks ago.

When I maximized the graphics to high,the texture quality was the only one that didnt affect the memmory usage,while the others work completey fine.

You're using a commandline? try to use -texturequality 2

gtaforums.com/topic/458859-faq-how-to-use-commandline-switches/

EtherTakeover
  • EtherTakeover

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago

I didnt work I put in my commandline txt document with "-norestrictions","-nomemrestrict"

G8 B8 M8
  • G8 B8 M8

i r8 8/8

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

I didnt work I put in my commandline txt document with "-norestrictions","-nomemrestrict"

Read the section "What can be achieved with switches?" and "A few examples of BAD commandline usage"

EtherTakeover
  • EtherTakeover

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Read the section "What can be achieved with switches?" and "A few examples of BAD commandline usage"
Thanks for telling me that,I recently fixed my commandline and finally GTA IV worked correctly on my PC.Also with the patch 1.0.7.0 I can download mods again.
2vv2y3o.jpg
Thanks everyone!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users