• Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

This death has been the first celebrity one that I think has actually affected me. Had a LP marathon last night (hybrid theory ep all the way up to irredescrnt on thousand suns (ran out of time!) and was quite sad hearing all those songs
So many lyrics take on a new meaning.

There's also a new story doing the rounds making some bold claims about his wife, which I think might be false.

Saw this and found it quite sobering.

A piece of my childhood teenagehood has died. Wasn't too taken by Hunting Party and haven't even heard their new stuff but this has definitely made me sad

Thanks for the tunes and inspiration, Chester.

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done, help me leave behind some reason to be missed"

You have man.

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gingerly Ginger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:22 AM

Corey Taylor, the singer of Slipknot and Stone Sour, did a tribute to Chester.

Here's the video.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:07 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 22 July 2017 - 03:08 PM.

Korn guitarist gonna get up here and call it a cowardly act. Fortunately he apologized but, really never an appropriate response to suicide. People just don't know how to handle depressed people sometimes I guess. He says he's been through it and got over it but not everyone is the same. It's like this is why people don't ask for help. You want it "get over it" then you're dead "oh you're a coward" jesus people...

• Mister Pink likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Interesting how he sang a song in tribute to Chris Cornell, who died of hanging, and he himself takes his life the same way shortly after.

On Cornell's birthday, nonetheless

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

Korn guitarist gonna get up here and call it a cowardly act. Fortunately he apologized but, really never an appropriate response to suicide. People just don't know how to handle depressed people sometimes I guess. He says he's been through it and got over it but not everyone is the same. It's like this is why people don't ask for help. You want it "get over it" then you're dead "oh you're a coward" jesus people...

It's a worryingly dangerous attitude to have. Sure there's the concern over those left behind but that's an empty, hollow point because these people don't truly care. They're not going round with dinner, talking on the phone, just saying sh*t for the sake of it.
Also for someone who's worked with him, it's downright disrespectful!
It's 2017 ffs. This mentality is just pathetic and outdated and also very cowardly. Someone's died? Let's attack them.
  • Mister Pink and Scaglietti like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users