3 replies to this topic
Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I am still unclear about this.

Are sharp shadows more demanding than softest ahadows or vice versa?

My graphics card is really old, I don't have any fancy CSS, BSS bullsh*t. Only options for me are sharp, soft, softer, softest.

I always played with sharp shadows back in the day and I'm thinking this could have been the source of performance related pain.

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think sharp shadows are the less demanding ones. Anyway, you need to balance the settings in the Nvidia Control Panel or AMD Catalyst Center as well: if you have an AMD Card: Anti-Aliasing Mode (Use Application Settings), Anti-Aliasing Method (Super Sampling), Morphological Filtering (On),  Anisotropic Filtering Mode (Override Application Settings), Anisotropic Filtering Level (16x), Texture Filtering Quality (Performance), Surface Format Optimization (On), Wait For vertical Reflesh (Always Off), Open GL Triple Buffering (Off), Shader Cache (AMD Optimized), Tessellation Mode (AMD Optimized), Frame Rate Target Control (put it at the same max Hz of your monitor, 144 with my 144 Hz monitor, to avoid bad stuttering if fps are above the reflesh rate of the monitor). Another good thing: disable all advance graphics settings: diminishing returns in visuals but bad fps drop, all i can see about them.

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

What the f*ck? As if my old ATI card supported morphological anti aliasing or tesselation or any of that advanced bullsh*t.

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 4 weeks ago

What the f*ck? As if my old ATI card supported morphological anti aliasing or tesselation or any of that advanced bullsh*t.

How am i supposed to know that your video card is that old?

Just adjust the settings you can adjust...

Btw, tesselation was available in 2009 and morphological anti aliasing since late 2010, so it's time you get a more modern PC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users