• SonnyNapoli

Wiseguy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 2 weeks ago

Scarface, no discussion.

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Dynasty Warriors 9

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago

In the present time I think its just Mafia 3, Watch Dogs and Saint Row but back in days there were many, Driver, True Crime, Scarface
  • jaljax likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by B Dawg, 2 weeks ago.

Scarface, no discussion.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. It makes Vice City look sh*t in comparison imo. Has better shooting mechanics than all of the GTAs, if not the best shooting mechanics of all open world games.

• Algonquin Assassin and jaljax like this

IndogamersPro
  • IndogamersPro

Busta

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago

The only games that comes to my head and make me feel old

*Nostalgia intensifies*

Driver Parallel Lines

True Crime: Streets of NY

Just Cause 3

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

That depends actually: Overall the closest are the Mafia series, basically it's the old era GTA, Saints Row is the over-the-top unrealistic GTA lookalike, True Crime is on the opposite perspective, as you play as a law enforcement hero/cop, Scarface is basically enhanced Vice City starring as Miami, Driv3r and Driver Parallel lines are mostly failure, Just Cause games are a fight against corrupt government so it's kinda a level up, not sure if it can compete too much tho, Watch Dogs is hackers-oriented and repetitive, but it seems like a decent competition, but it's rushed out... can't think of any other

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

Scarface, no discussion.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. It makes Vice City look sh*t in comparison imo. Has better shooting mechanics than all of the GTAs, if not the best shooting mechanics of all open world games.

I loved Scarface, but I think it should've been made on the last gen consoles. It's just one of those games I felt was held back by aging technology. 

Movie to games adaptions rarely work, but that's one of the more masterful attempts. With a bit of luck it might get a remaster or a complete reboot one day.

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by The American Army 1775, 2 weeks ago.

Assassin's Creed IV : Black Flag

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Assassin's Creed IV : Black Flag

Its not an open world game with cars and guns, if I'm not wrong?

SO, I don't think titles like Black Flag have enough, uhm... power/strength/popularity? to directly compete with GTA franchise.

Watch Dogs is the only franchise that can challenge any long running open world series with cars and guns. 

mzt
  • mzt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by mzt, 2 weeks ago.

Right now GTA's the only series doing anything good with the concept. I only enjoyed Yakuza 4 and Saints Row 2 in this decade, but don't see either series likely to overtake GTA, and agree with post #2 about SR. After the PS3 settled in everybody seems to either half-ass their settings or focus too much on boring, empty procedural environments. Whatever ways GTA V sucked, at least San Andreas 2 was consistently free-feeling, detailed and its physics didn't make the player feel like they were walking through jello. (ymmv)

If one of The Sims spinoffs which focus on single characters rather than homes and families was developed with a lot of care it would potentially be more fun to play than GTA. I don't see that happening. Game developers also seem to be wading through jello for some reason.

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Scarface, no discussion.

I loved Scarface, but I think it should've been made on the last gen consoles. It's just one of those games I felt was held back by aging technology. 

Movie to games adaptions rarely work, but that's one of the more masterful attempts. With a bit of luck it might get a remaster or a complete reboot one day.
Scarface is suit for the fans (especially me) who doesn't wanna see Tony die on the climax of the Scarface movie. It's a bid sad that this game dont get a remastered, reboot or even a port to Mobile platform, I will surely buy the game if its came on the android devices

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Mafia 3?! lmao

Watch Dogs has potential to.

And I'm hoping Saints Row can. Agents of Mayhem continued with the over the top crazy sh*t from what I've seen(I wanna play the game for myself later so I only watched some parts so the story can be a surprise) so I'm hoping they let all the crazy sh*t go there so the Saints can go back to the grounded approach SR 1, 2, and parts of 3 had.

Night_MARE
  • Night_MARE

Gamer, Game Dev, and more.... XD

• Members
  • India

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Night_MARE, 6 days ago.

Scarface does it *a bit* good, GUNTM is a nice game set in Wild west, but it has really nothing to do when you complete the story.

The Simpsons : Hit and Run is good enough (Kicking kids is too much fun)

Rest of them aren't good. I haven't played a lot of GTA Clones, but still, the feeling GTA has, the freedom it has, is really hard to accomplish by other games. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users