Quantcast

» «
Photo

Where does GTA V rank for you compared to the other GTA games?

69 replies to this topic
SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

I find rankings games which span across four generations to be honestly very difficult, due to them being so different and them all having their own pros & cons. 

1.IV + Episodes From LC, I think all three games compliment each other & make each other better so rightly or wrongly I view them as one game, and the IV saga would be my personal favourite. 

2.III, It's this high simply for its unparalleled atmosphere & the fact it was the GTA that made me fall in the love with the series, so I'm slightly biased when it comes to III

3.V, the game is simply a technical marvel with one of the best-written scripts I have ever seen in a video game, I have also played it more than any other GTA when it comes to hours. 

4.LCS, for its memorable & hilarious characters & mafioso mob narrative

5.GTA 2...just a classic.  

I always thought the story in San Andreas was horrible & the game's content was mostly gimmicky, overrated, & not needed so I've never been the biggest fan though I do respect the game. 

Vice City has always been a mixed bag to me I love the games 80s vibe & soundtrack, but I hate Tommy & Vice City is a poorly designed city, also the narrative is highly predictable and the characters are just meh.

• Algonquin Assassin, Journey_95 and DimitriFaustin like this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Anywhere City Survivor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

For me:

1. GTA 2, of course.

2. Tie between IV and V. I equally like and appreciate both stories, characters and settings for what they're worth.

3. GTA 1 and London 1969/61.

4. All the 3D games (except Advance), both TLAD and TBoGT and Chinatown Wars.

5. Advance and Online. The only GTAs I can't say I care for.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Omm

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTA V is a bad game somehow, but still better than dumb "Gangbanging" III or San Andreas. It's a bad choice overall.

...................................III is a gangbanging game? Didn't know that....
Kill Diablos, Triads, then Leones, Yardies, Colombians and Yakuzas... It's a complete mess. The whole city comes to attack you.

GTA V is a bad game.

But it's your favourite GTA according to your profile.;)
Issue solved ;).

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well that's a relief. At least you still have taste in great video games.:p

• theGTAking101 likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ChiroVette, 3 weeks ago.

1. GTA V

2. San Andreas

3. III and VC (about equal)

4. VCS

5. LCS

6. Advance

7. GTA II and London

8. GTA I

9. Tetris

10. Ms. Pac Man

11. 1970's Pong

12. Chewing on broken glass

13. Getting teeth pulled without anesthesia

14. Chemotherapy

15. Getting bashed in the face repeatedly with a Louisville Slugger

16. Death

17. GTA Snore

• Algonquin Assassin, Piggsy pls and CGFforLife like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

Coming to think about it I would prefer to get my teeth pulled out without anesthesia than to play GTA V again.;)

Atleast it wouldn't be as painful.
  • Tycek and Payne Killer like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Coming to think about it I would prefer to get my teeth pulled out without anesthesia than to play GTA V again. ;)

Ya know, it loses a little something when you say it only after I did, to try and turn it around.

Then again, you are a Snore fan, so clearly you aren't all that interested in originality or cleverness.

I get it. :karmaeater:

• Algonquin Assassin, ragedandcaged and CGFforLife like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 3 weeks ago.

I'd say it's probably 3rd behind GTAIV and San Andreas, although GTA2 comes very close to knocking it down to number 4

Aesthetically I think Vice City is great, but on a technical level San Andreas did everything better. I remember trying to play Vice City after playing San Andreas, and was baffled that Tommy couldn't jump out of a moving car, for instance.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

Coming to think about it I would prefer to get my teeth pulled out without anesthesia than to play GTA V again. ;)

Ya know, it loses a little something when you say it only after I did, to try and turn it around.

Then again, you are a Snore fan, so clearly you aren't all that interested in originality or cleverness.

No dude. That's why I'm a fan of GTA IV and not GTA V. Originality and cleverness are my forte.
  • Payne Killer and CGFforLife like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

1) Vice City

2) GTA V

3) San Andreas

4) GTA III

5) GTA II

6) GTA IV

7) TBOGT

8) GTA I

9) GTA London

10) TLAD

I didn't play Chinatown Wars, Advance, LCS or VCS, at least not enough to justify me ranking them.

• CGFforLife likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ChiroVette, 3 weeks ago.

No dude. That's why I'm a fan of GTA IV and not GTA V. Originality and cleverness are my forte.

If that were really true, and originality and cleverness were your forte, then clearly you would have come up with something more clever and original to post in TWO responses then to basically regurgitate my own comments (which actually were original when I said them) back to me.

Come on, dude. Show me how clever and original you can be and try not to keep basically posting the intellectual equivalent of "THE SAME TO YOU, DUDE!" in response. :r*:

Care to try again?

• Algonquin Assassin and CGFforLife like this

Mitsuha
  • Mitsuha

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

1. Vice City

2. V

3. VCS

4. San Andreas

5. LCS

6. III

Didn't really enjoy III, and I haven't played a lot of IV.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 3 weeks ago

My second most disliked GTA game, right after LCS. Still nothing has beaten GTA2 yet for me.

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by TheOneLibertonian, 3 weeks ago.

I haven't played GTA V for nearly a year and decided to fire it up again and do another playthrough. It did somewhat grow on me and objectively I can see why most people love it. Honestly, playing GTA V once again with an open mind seemingly made GTA V a somewhat better game than I originally thought. Rockstar did a bunch of good additions and some questionable choices, but as a "GTA" game overall it is a tonally a frustrating and confusing experience, and as a standalone in it's peak it is a enjoyable and relaxing game to boot. 

Speaking of ranking GTA V to other GTA games, I'm not a big fan of choosing favorites and ranking them because opinion does change from time to time and rankings in the end can be somewhat complicated to muster. Instead of ranking, I've came up with a system called "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly". Classifying games of my overall opinion on how these games can average from the very best to the absolute worst. I am ranking them from any order as long as if they are good, bad, or ugly.

The Good: The games that I mostly enjoy and most of their flaws are minor.

• GTA Vice City
  • GTA San Andreas
  • GTA IV and EFLC

The Bad: The games that I do enjoy, but often have their shortcomings.

• GTA III
  • GTA Vice City Stories
  • GTA V
  • GTA and GTA2
  • GTA Liberty City Stories
  • GTA Chinatown Wars

The Ugly: These games have quite a few redeeming qualities to them, and classified at the end of the spectrum.

• GTA Advance
  • Journey_95, Payne Killer and Dee. like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V Fans

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by CGFforLife, 3 weeks ago.

Look Below

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V Fans

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by CGFforLife, 3 weeks ago.

GTA V will always ranked as 1st for me compared to any other GTA's, or every game in general

1. GTA V

2. San Andreas
 4. VCS
 5. LCS
 6. Advance
 7. GTA II and London
 8. GTA I
 9. Tetris
10. Ms. Pac Man
11. 1970's Pong
12. Chewing on broken glass
14. Chemotherapy
15. Getting bashed in the face repeatedly with a Louisville Slugger
16. Death
17. GTA Snore

This one I Really Love :)

If you are clever then you shouldn't want to get your teeth pulled out :p

• ChiroVette and Algonquin Assassin like this

KollA
  • KollA

šhm

• New Members
  • Austria

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by KollA, 3 weeks ago.

For me it's:

5. GTA IV (I simply just hate the gameplay, the story is kinda boring (imo) and the car physics was just a nightmare, also the GPS ruined the fun of memorize the map)

4. GTA V (Nice gameplay, nice car physics, but the police is just to aggressive, having a wanted level is don't make much fun, the map was way too big, so there is no way to memorize the map, like in the 3d-era games, and gps. Man i hate it.)

3. GTA 3 (The missions are very simple, but still fun to play, I liked the Talkradio)

2. GTA VC (Nice vibe, nice story)

1. GTA San Andreas (It's pretty simple: Nostalgia, the map and the radio stations)

coolpc
  • coolpc

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

1)GTA V
2)GTA IV
3)Gta VICE City
4)GTA San Andreas
5)GTA III
6)GTA EFLC

• ChiroVette, Journey_95 and ragedandcaged like this

Endless2404
  • Endless2404

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTA V is at the bottom for me but here is my TOP5:

1.) GTA IV + EFLC

2.) GTA San Andreas

3.) GTA Liberty City Stories

4.) GTA Vice City

5.) GTA III

• Algonquin Assassin and Dee. like this

GTAUrbanCamping
  • GTAUrbanCamping

Urban Camper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

1. Vice city
2. V and IV
3. San Andreas

Maddened_Ghost
  • Maddened_Ghost

Insert some pretentious crap about myself here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

This is my opinion.

1-Vice City Stories

2-V

3-THE BALLAD OF GAY TONY

4-San Andreas

5-Vice City

6-IV

7-Liberty City Stories

8-The Lost And Damned

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

1. GTA IV

2. GTA San Andreas 

3. GTA Vice City Stories

4. GTA Vice City

5. GTA IV: The Lost and Damned

6. GTA III

7. GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony

8. GTA V

9. GTA Chinatown Wars

10. GTA Liberty City Stories

11. GTA 2

12. GTA 1

Somewhere in the garbage: GTA Online

• Algonquin Assassin, Journey_95, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

TrinityCXV
  • TrinityCXV

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

1: GTA V (Despite the story having undeniable missed opportunities, the game itself is a technical masterpiece and brings back many of the features sorely missing from GTA IV. The map is incredible, I love the inclusion of wildlife, I much prefer the weapon wheel system and the three character switching system brings a unique taste to the experience)

2: GTA Online (I'm prepared to be lynched. I'm a huge fan of character progression and MMO systems. Whilst Online has some of the worst logic decisions and game balancing, it's probably still my most played game ever, so that has to count for something. Now I cant say anything of the non existent story but for pure fun with friends I find it un-match-able)

3: GTA TBoGT (Like V, it brought back much of the wacky yet still grounded fun of past games. Story's not very memorable though)

4: GTA IV (The best written story in a GTA game to date. Its world was incredibly alive, if not somewhat bland. Where GTA IV falls for me, its severe lack of post game content. Bowling anyone?)

5: GTA SA (Whilst SA holds a huge nostalgic spot in my brain, and the game being a marvel of technology, the story is honestly forgettable in the middle, and CJ as a character is awfully generic)

6.5 GTA VCS/LCS (Great hand held's, really made travel a lot of fun)

6: GTA TLaD (A duller version of IV. Not a big fan of the Biker style really)

7: GTA III (I was young then, didn't play much of it. I don't even think I ever got off the 2nd island)

8: GTA 2 (I  sucked at it so can't say much)

The rest of the series I've honestly never played. I had an hour or 2 with VC that I borrowed off a friend once but that was it. Never owned 1, Advanced or CTW. 

• ChiroVette and CGFforLife like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 2 weeks ago.

Easy.

1) Grand Theft Auto IV

2) Grand Theft Auto Vice City

3) Grand Theft Auto III

4) Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

5) Grand Theft Auto TLAD

6) Grand Theft Auto TBOGT

7) Grand Theft Auto V

8) Grand Theft Auto 2

9) Grand Theft Auto 1

10) Grand Theft Auto London Game Packs

11) Grand Theft Auto Advance

12) Grand Theft Auto Online

• Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, Journey_95 and 2 others like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

1: GTA V (Despite the story having undeniable missed opportunities, the game itself is a technical masterpiece and brings back many of the features sorely missing from GTA IV. The map is incredible, I love the inclusion of wildlife, I much prefer the weapon wheel system and the three character switching system brings a unique taste to the experience)

I agree with all of this, including that V has a ton of missed opportunity, mostly because once the game launched, all resources went squarely into Online. I know you are an online fan, and that's cool. I am not, but would probably be more inclined to try it and lose my stubborn resolve against GTAO, if Rockstar did not use it as a platform to completely disregard SP support. That said, I know a lot of people in real life and in forums who absolutely LOVE GTAO, so I won't disparage it, having zero experience with the mode.

• TrinityCXV and CGFforLife like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

Vice City Stories? That game isn't even in my top five because Victor is SUCH a wet blanket. I don't see how anyone enjoys playing as him unless you have your TV on mute, but then you can't hear VRock

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V Fans

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by CGFforLife, 2 weeks ago.

I agree with all of this, including that V has a ton of missed opportunity, mostly because once the game launched, all resources went squarely into Online. I know you are an online fan, and that's cool. I am not, but would probably be more inclined to try it and lose my stubborn resolve against GTAO, if Rockstar did not use it as a platform to completely disregard SP support. That said, I know a lot of people in real life and in forums who absolutely LOVE GTAO, so I won't disparage it, having zero experience with the mode.

I agree too, But Rockstars focus on Online and Ignore SP since Late 2015, Both SP and Online did receive an update (Except Heist) until Late 2015 and then SP was totally Ignored, But I will Respect anyone who likes Online

• TrinityCXV likes this

TrinityCXV
  • TrinityCXV

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I agree too, But Rockstars focus on Online and Ignore SP since Late 2015, Both SP and Online did receive an update (Except Heist) until Late 2015 and then SP was totally Ignored, But I will Respect anyone who likes Online

Thank you. I do think the total disregard for story mode is quite possibly the worst think to come out of Online. Worse than the unbalance, worse than the connection issues, yes, worse than shark cards. I still play it every other day regardless. I guess I kinda have this, perhaps misplaced hope in Online. I genuinely believe it has the potential to be the best open world MMO on the console market. Its just Rockstar keeps messing it up and ignoring there long time story fans. Maybe things will change, maybe they wont. All we can do is wait for GTA VI, whatever it may be. 

On a side note GTA V has always felt like a big experiment to me. Like the whole game is a testing platform for Rockstar. It's the biggest open world they've ever made, the first time with the 3 character switching mechanics, the first time doing such a big Online mode, their first game on the CG consoles, the first time we can switch between 3rd and 1st person, The first time bringing the editor and director mode to console, their first time with micro transactions. I've probably missed some as well but really the game feels like  a big experiment to me. Anyone else get this feeling?

• CGFforLife likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

This is true. I forgot that there were early updates to SP that were fun. As for liking Online, I can't say I like or dislike it, since the only things I have ever done in online, and it was very limited in time, were a few scattered single player missions.

When I saw that Rockstar had not only stopped supporting SP, but basically adopted a freemium business model for IAP, I ended up losing all interest in it. I am sure its a lot of fun, or clearly it would not have persisted for coming up on 4 years now, but I decided that I wouldn't support it because of the way Rockstar chose to abandon SP in this game. So whenever I fire up GTA V, and yeah, I love the game because its absolutely awesome, it is exclusively single player, and I have stopped playing the PS3 version, by the way, because the mods on the PC are great fun.

• CGFforLife likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

1. GTA V

2. San Andreas

4. VCS

5. LCS