Photo

This is the only place where GTA IV is popular

50 replies to this topic
KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:27 PM

gta IV is classic so i can't say this is the only place this is popular, but gtaForums is where the most die hard fans of the series are so it is no surprising people that most care about each installment write their opinions here

AlexGambino150
  • AlexGambino150

Humble Beast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

It's just a hate bandwagon. People want to be apart of the popular opinion because they don't want to be isolated. I used to be like that too until I stopped giving a sh*t about what people think. But I swear, ever since that "GTA IV is better than GTA V" video dropped, I've been seeing more people appreciating GTA IV.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:53 AM

Sadly it seems that we are the only one who loved this game, I always been a fan of GTA 4 since I have bought my ps3 and GTA IV when I was 10 years old. Loved the more "realistic" approach but I never truly appreciated this game until I replayed it several times when I finally managed to understand he story better.

The majority of GTA casual players still hates this game because it's simply not GTA online but like others said, I'm glad that I started to see more people liking GTA 4 after that video.
  • Algonquin Assassin and anthony like this

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:23 AM

Don't worry. Kids who's first GTA was IV will start getting nostalgic soon. IV is also one of the highest rated games on Metacritic and has sold over 30 million copies. It has all the tools to be widely loved in the future. Some movies like It's a Wonderful Life and Blade Runner were disliked at release, but now are classics. GTA IV should be like that.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

There are a lot of places on the web where people think IV is a very good game, (even though most of them probably thinks so because of the typical hate towards the last game like in every franchise). I personally dont care, if theres is something I noticed now that Im back playing IV, is that it aged pretty well, even graphically (for me at least), and that it will probably be the last game where R* will pour their heart in. Its pretty obvious that R* made this game with passion, something that you definitely dont see in V for example (maybe on the map details, and in some of the lastest vehicles but thats it), so enjoy it boys because I really dont think we will be seeing this in the future, not in a near future at least (I sincerely hope Im wrong though).

• Algonquin Assassin, anthony and Ertan Soner like this

V12599
  • V12599

Rat

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

There are a lot of places on the web where people think IV is a very good game, (even though most of them probably thinks so because of the typical hate towards the last game like in every franchise). I personally dont care, if theres is something I noticed now that Im back playing IV, is that it aged pretty well, even graphically (for me at least), and that it will probably be the last game where R* will pour their heart in. Its pretty obvious that R* made this game with passion, something that you definitely dont see in V for example (maybe on the map details, and in some of the lastest vehicles but thats it), so enjoy it boys because I really dont think we will be seeing this in the future, not in a near future at least (I sincerely hope Im wrong though).

No need to be that pessimistic ;-

• gunziness likes this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

If I am having more fun in 2008 game more than a game from 2013(or 2015 pc version)there must be something wrong...Also I am started to think gta 6 would feel fake like gta 5, if that happens again this series would be ruined.

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Certainly can't talk about it at GameQuacks, those f*cking ducks will report you for just breathing an opinion.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

That's good if IV only appreciated here, because I can bash IV anywhere, well.... But here ;)

On serious note

The only problem IV had is that it takes itself too serious

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

The game has jokes everywhere you look. Never got the complaint about being too serious.

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

We're a dying breed

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

IV's humor > V's humor
  • theGTAking101, Zello and EtherTakeover like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

The game has jokes everywhere you look. Never got the complaint about being too serious.

Same. I actually think GTA III takes itself way more seriously. Atleast GTA IV had some light hearted moments throughout the story to balance out its serious ones.

I don't remember ever having that feeling playing GTA III which felt like dress rehearsal of Max Payne and Manhunt.

Not that it's a bad thing though. I'd rather a game that takes itself seriously whilst leaving enough room for comic relief than the other way around like some games that insert awkward "serious" moments in amongst a whacky backdrop.

JB1982
  • JB1982

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by JB1982, 2 weeks ago.

I've always been a fan of GTA IV. But I am a fan of them all and none of them disappoint me. I treat each entry separate and like them for different things. I think that maybe where IV suffers with some people is that it feels quite different to the 3D era in many ways and I think that caught a lot of people off guard, specifically those that don't like change. I think, as others have said, a lot of people just wanted San Andreas 2.0 and that is not what IV is.

That's not to say that's the only people may dislike it but from my experience when talking to people about the GTA games it is often the case that I am left feeling that they wanted another San Andreas and where disappointed not to get that.

• Algonquin Assassin and EtherTakeover like this

M.K.N.
  • M.K.N.

Witness me, Bloodbag!

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 4 weeks ago

If GTA IV is popular, then R* should ditch GFWL entirely and even eliminate bugs and make it run smoothly, then its considered popular. Least I still got the PS3 version of it. And the damage could've been a bit more realistic like bumpers detaching off instead of just constantly dangling about. But, still doesn't stop me from having fun with this classic, of course.

• Rotary likes this

charles8777
  • charles8777

Player Hater

• Members
  • Honduras

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by charles8777, 3 weeks ago.

if could have more appreciation if rockstar  did a great  PC port, they were on effect of drugs while porting the game to PC, even modern computers cant get stable 60 FPS at low settings

GTA IV pc port is awful as batman arkham knight on PC, i always crash like a bandicoot on PCs from the year 2007-2012

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 3 weeks ago

if could have more appreciation if rockstar  did a great  PC port, they were on effect of drugs while porting the game to PC, even modern computers cant get stable 60 FPS at low settings

GTA IV pc port is awful as batman arkham knight on PC, i always crash like a bandicoot on PCs from the year 2007-2012

Yeah I know, gta 4 is really weird game. It could run great in poor pc and run worse in good pc.

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Raj Brunner, 3 weeks ago.

Well that's been the case for years. GTA IV is over praised here, but everywhere else it's under appreciated for all the wrong reasons. I don't get why people complain about it being so serious. This game has f*cking crude humor and jokes everywhere. The last 4 mission when sh*t starting hitting the fan, that's when GTA IV got serious.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

nope its not overpraised here, its just seen as the great game that it is, even if the pc port is flawed its still got a lot more content than V.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTA IV is over praised here

I really don't see how it is at least compared to other GTA games. What do you expect on a FAN forum? I know some people can't stand the sight of GTA IV getting some love (Not saying you in particular), but a term such as "over praise" makes no sense to me in the context of being on a fan forum.

It's like going to a sports forum (be it football. baseball or whatever) and saying the people over praise the teams they barrack for.

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA IV(+EFLC) is a Quentin Tarantino movie and GTA V is a Michael Bay movie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users