Post greedy things that game companies have done

68 replies to this topic
Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

What Bethesda did to mods is one of the must scummy things I saw a developer make in a long time, which in my eyes is worse than what we currently have in the industry.

What T2 tried to do in OpenIV was almost on the same level.

But still, nothing can top the incredible levels of assholery that goes on the mobile games market, which are the reason why I quit mobile games altogether.
  • fashion likes this

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

"It can't be that difficult"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

All The Sims games DLCs.

I came here to say this but obviously one of the biggest rip-offs in gaming was already pointed out. As much as I love Sims and have played the latest title, it's the same sh*t ever since Sims 2 (maybe 3), recycled DLC ideas all the time from things that could've easily been added to the base game, yet many original ideas (climate - I don't mean seasons which have already been done but rain, actual snow and such - for example) are never considered.

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

EA Sports games - First putting a head and shoulders commercial in the game and trying to pass that off as an authentic experience, putting ads on the boards in NHL, and the implementation of ultimate mode, which is just a mode where you can buy your way to the top.

I could see adding this as a way to increase the overall production value but honestly these games are just a roster update every year. 

Landotel
  • Landotel

Rarely Active

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:44 AM Edited by Landotel, 02 September 2017 - 08:57 AM.

Most recent controversy, Bethesda. Slowly creeping the greedy themselves they really are and expecting people to be acquiescence, thus slowly becoming the epitome of a typical greedy triple A studio cashing in on microtransactions. Claiming to resolve Valve's paid mods, Creation Club promised community support. However it is a bunch of lies, bullsh*t, and manure.

This: https://gamerant.com...tion-club-work/

Listen to this bullsh*t Pete Hines was most likely  forced to say, mini DLCs in some way.” 

And this: https://www.newsledg...ng-to-bethesda/

"It features new items, abilities, and gameplay created by Bethesda Games Studios and outside development partners including the best community creators. Creation Club content is fully curated and compatible with the main game and official add-ons."

However, there's one problem with "features new items" majority of the mods on the Creation Club are just same rehash you can get on Nexus albeit free as opposed to the paid Creation Club mods that are exactly the same. 

You can learn more from this guy, YongYea pretty knowledgeable on this problem.

And also Gopher:

creationclub_logo_black-01_1496833538.jp

• fashion likes this

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

"launch day exclusives" that end up being released as a dlc two months later and then released for free six months later.

see: every call of duty for the last 5 years

fashion
  • fashion

f*ck you microtransactions

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:31 AM Edited by fashion, 02 September 2017 - 11:48 AM.

Rumor regarding the Creation Club is, modders get paid beforehand and Bethesda keeps the profit from the actual sales. It isn't surprising. I saw a youtube video doing the math:

- Modder gets paid a few hundred bucks, max 1000 bucks
- Bethesda sells mod for 5 bucks
- For every 1000 sales (which is a tiny number) they already make 5000 bucks
- For 50000 sales they make 250.000 bucks

50000 sales isn't even an extreme number. They're taking microtransactions to a new level. They won't even need to lift a finger to make money.

I'm glad the majority of the community is against it, yet they probably already made a huge profit. There are always idiots who fall for it.
The defenders claim they support the modders but the only thing they support is Bethesda's lazy asses.
The whole concept smells like bullsh*t.
  • Landotel likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

"launch day exclusives" that end up being released as a dlc two months later and then released for free six months later.

see: every call of duty for the last 5 years

Has CoD ever actually released any of their DLC for free though? If anything, this comment should be aimed at BF4, which recently released all of its DLC for free in the run up to BF1's release.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:01 PM Edited by fashion, 08 September 2017 - 02:11 PM.

Just seen a video on Injustice 2.

You can buy Brainiac, a bonus character for 6 bucks! Great right?

The thing they don't want to tell you is you unlock him for free after a 5 hour story mode.

Many players first check out the dlc when they start up a new game and I'm sure at least a few people fell for it.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:06 PM Edited by fashion, 22 September 2017 - 06:08 PM.

It's been two weeks since my last post and I think this new controversy definetly deserves a bump.

http://www.thesixtha...ba-2k18-review/

To put it short, sixthaxis gave NBA2K18 a 3/10 score due to the utterly ridiculous microtransactions being shoved down your throat and breaking the game. 2K asked them to change their review score, which they did first but now returned the score back to normal.

2K doesn't blackmail or force them to change the score, just asks them to reconsider.

Is this the new norm? What the f*ck is going on with gaming recently?

Definetly worth a read, it's an interesting topic. The greed just keeps getting worse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users