Photo

Post greedy things that game companies have done

68 replies to this topic
bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:14 PM Edited by bloatedsack, 19 July 2017 - 04:16 PM.

Um, yeah. They do mean a damn because having new sh*t is what keeps a person playing. The fact that they lock these behind temporary events is a massive annoyance that was done on purpose to generate loot box revenue. I can't play the same game forever without new stuff added to make it feel fresh, because then it'll start to get monotonous after a while. This is true for all multiplayer games. Now why don't you get off Blizzard's dick and stop verbally assaulting me for not thinking Overwatch is a perfect game.

Cosmetic frippery is how you define good game play? Your view is f*cked, mate and if that's your sticking point there's no need to continue this discussion.

In the year of release, you've had four new heroes, three new full maps, four new arena maps, a permament wholly new game mode (CTF), two new month long horde modes, a month long oddball mode (lucioball), several new refined game types (3v3, 1v1) and the completion of multiple prelaunch promises (competitve) and minor tweaks (QP, no limits, etc). (those numbers all increase if you want to compare beta updates vis-a-vis Paladins beta updates, btw)

But the purely cosmetic skins you buy are locked behind boxes that you can earn for free, while playing, without spending a dime or can buy for ingame cash which you also get for free by playing the game and getting duplicates.

And yet, here you are, wailing and gnashing your teeth that you have an option to buy boxes because luck isn't on your side?

And you wonder why people say gamers are "entitled?"

• update_lsc likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

Take-Two being founded, and most things ever since.

• Sunrise Driver likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:47 PM

Um, yeah. They do mean a damn because having new sh*t is what keeps a person playing. The fact that they lock these behind temporary events is a massive annoyance that was done on purpose to generate loot box revenue. I can't play the same game forever without new stuff added to make it feel fresh, because then it'll start to get monotonous after a while. This is true for all multiplayer games. Now why don't you get off Blizzard's dick and stop verbally assaulting me for not thinking Overwatch is a perfect game.

Cosmetic frippery is how you define good game play? Your view is f*cked, mate and if that's your sticking point there's no need to continue this discussion.

In the year of release, you've had four new heroes, three new full maps, four new arena maps, a permament wholly new game mode (CTF), two new month long horde modes, a month long oddball mode (lucioball), several new refined game types (3v3, 1v1) and the completion of multiple prelaunch promises (competitve) and minor tweaks (QP, no limits, etc). (those numbers all increase if you want to compare beta updates vis-a-vis Paladins beta updates, btw)

But the purely cosmetic skins you buy are locked behind boxes that you can earn for free, while playing, without spending a dime or can buy for ingame cash which you also get for free by playing the game and getting duplicates.

And yet, here you are, wailing and gnashing your teeth that you have an option to buy boxes because luck isn't on your side?

And you wonder why people say gamers are "entitled?"

God, I'm done with you. Most of what they added are minor gameplay changes and some modified modes, and temporary things that don't stick around. Why don't you get Blizzard's dick out of your mouth and f*ck off?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

Lol people still cry about voluntary shark card purchases. 

Greediest thing I've ever seen - while working on an EA Harry Potter game, doing QA, I found a game breaking bug that made a level impossible to complete. Instead of fixing it, they just removed the level entirely and said, and this is a direct quote from one of the producers. "f*ck it, kids are going to buy this sh*t anyway. We could just release a static picture of Harry and they'd still buy it."

Love EA. 

• KilnerLUFC, bloatedsack, Shaytan and 1 other like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

the fact that it is "voluntary" is meaningless. it's not that simple.

the whole game is centered around making money. i wrote a few paragraphs on this and reddagger made an even longer post. i do not have the energy to repeat myself though, so fu*k it.

• Awesom-0 likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

And still no one spoken about PlayStation or Xbox were you need to pay to play
  • Sunrise Driver, Niobium and Actlikeyouknow like this

BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:16 PM Edited by BobFromReboot, 20 July 2017 - 10:56 PM.

Hello Games with No Man's Sky.

It was announced/revealed at VGX 2013. It was originally said to be a simple space exploration game with procedural planets.

Fast forward a year, many people are skeptical of the game, and ask what the actual gameplay is like.

Hello Games starts explaining the game mechanics in very vague ways, but assures people that they only talk about features if they know that they are working in the game.

Game releases in August 2016, with a large amount of meaningful features removed, and the rest that are still in the game were gimped. They sold about 3 million copies of the game based on their lies.

There are still fanboys to this day justifying this bullsh*t.

• Actlikeyouknow likes this

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:43 PM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 20 July 2017 - 10:05 PM.

Activision. I don't complain if companies milking games and dlc if people keep buying. I mean why not? Wouldn't you do the same? But you can give fans some love in return sometimes. Not Activision though.Releasing a remaster of a 10 year old game after it was previously released with COD: IW(not playable without IW)Obviously planned.Smart but greedy. But that's still not enough for them because they still asking 40 euro WITHOUT goddamn DLC!!! I know it's easy money cuz people buy it anyway but c'mon!!

The creepy thing is, there are IW including MW bundles for 35 euro for sale. The most scary part is that they could do the same with MW 2 and BO 1 if they want to. Ughh. Atleast it's a good remaster though.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:03 AM

I bet more COD remasters are coming. People got sick of all the futuristic sh*t they were selling and after WW2 comes out, I have no idea where the series is supposed to go. I only play COD when I'm visiting my brother though.

I hate activision for another reason, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5. I grew up on the Tony Hawk series and still have my collection of the classic games. While the X360 games were not as good as the THPS and Underground games, I still loved them.

The series went to sh*t when they decided to give us a Guitar Hero-like plastic board. It was a massive flop and the series died.

Years passed and a big announcement came up: Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5. You can't believe how happy I was. The game was supposed to return to its roots and give us the TH game we've been waiting for years.

The game turned out to be a complete disaster. It's incredibly flawed and not much of the original formula remained. Even the loading screens are all over the place between missions. From technical standpoint, I can't come up with a better sentence to describe this game: this game is retarded. I don't want to point out every single thing that's wrong with this game, because I'm still pissed about it. It's so crappy that it shouldn't have ever existed.

What's greedy about it? The contract between Tony Hawk and cocktivision was running out so they made the lowest effort quick cash grab out of it. It doesn't deserve to be called a Pro Skater game. Instead of just dropping it, they had to do this one last f*ckup and play on nostalgia to make some money out of it.

Tony Hawk series ended the worst way possible. Motherf*ckers.
  • Ivan1997GTA and Actlikeyouknow like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

the whole game is centered around making money. i wrote a few paragraphs on this and reddagger made an even longer post. i do not have the energy to repeat myself though, so fu*k it.

The fact that it is voluntary is the absolute key here. 

If you don't want to pay, that's fine. Some people might want to pay so they can keep up with friends that have a 3-4 year head start on them. Some people might want to pay... just because they can. That's up to them. You worry about yourself, let people that want to pay pay if they choose to. Being all bitter and twisted about it is just pointless. Your objections are meaningless. 

Rockstar are a business. Micro-transactions, as sh*tty as they are, are a fact of gaming now. Grow up, cheer up and shut up. Releasing a game that's essentially free, bundled with another game, then supporting it for several years isn't cheap. Your opinions, however, are. Go with Christ my child, and let joy enter your sad little grief hole of a mind. 

• bloatedsack and update_lsc like this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

Activision. I don't complain if companies milking games and dlc if people keep buying. I mean why not? Wouldn't you do the same? But you can give fans some love in return sometimes. Not Activision though.Releasing a remaster of a 10 year old game after it was previously released with COD: IW(not playable without IW)Obviously planned.Smart but greedy. But that's still not enough for them because they still asking 40 euro WITHOUT goddamn DLC!!! I know it's easy money cuz people buy it anyway but c'mon!!

The creepy thing is, there are IW including MW bundles for 35 euro for sale. The most scary part is that they could do the same with MW 2 and BO 1 if they want to. Ughh. Atleast it's a good remaster though.

I think what takes the biscuit even more in this case is the fact that the Remaster is now able to purchase without having it as part of the bundle only. It was a clear dupe on the fanbase as a ploy to make them feel the need to purchase a game that many felt was crap from the get-go...

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

Thankfully I didn't buy the game

But the makers of Asura's Wrath actually had the sheer greed induced fkin cheek to tell players who completed the game.....this isn't the REAL ending

Before telling them, you can download the real ending for $6.99

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:08 PM

If you don't want to pay, that's fine. Some people might want to pay so they can keep up with friends that have a 3-4 year head start on them. Some people might want to pay... just because they can. That's up to them. You worry about yourself, let people that want to pay pay if they choose to. Being all bitter and twisted about it is just pointless. Your objections are meaningless. 

Rockstar are a business. Micro-transactions, as sh*tty as they are, are a fact of gaming now. Grow up, cheer up and shut up. Releasing a game that's essentially free, bundled with another game, then supporting it for several years isn't cheap. Your opinions, however, are. Go with Christ my child, and let joy enter your sad little grief hole of a mind. 

microtransactions affect me whether i buy them or not (particularly in GTA:O). hardly voluntary.
  • The Deadite likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

microtransactions affect me whether i buy them or not (particularly in GTA:O). hardly voluntary.

Well I'm very sorry for you but what do you want anyone to do? Boycott them so that you can feel competitive again? 

Honestly, what's your solution other than bleating and crying to the internet about your terrible dissatisfaction with something that millions of people are just fine with?

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:29 PM

i agree that boycotting doesn't work at all (unless there is a mass boycott by every consumer, which will not happen). but who is crying? i'm trying to be civil lol.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

i agree that boycotting doesn't work at all (unless there is a mass boycott by every consumer, which will not happen). but who is crying? i'm trying to be civil lol.

fu*k dick two and fu*k cockstar.

Yes, luckily you're being very mature about all of this, which is great. 

• KilnerLUFC, Payne Killer, Shaytan and 1 other like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

fu*k dick two and fu*k cockstar.

Yes, luckily you're being very mature about all of this, which is great. 

such bait.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

DONT YOU WANT A 🅱ALLOON???

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:10 AM

Lol Deadrising 2: Off the Record is one of the biggest robberies made by a company, it's the exact same game that DR2 but with a different protagonist and minor changes/add ons marketed as a full game. There's a cheat menu DLC for it too.

Deadrising 4 real ending of the game is a DLC. Capcom is honestly one of the worst gaming companies ever for pulling this and other kind of sh*t.
  • B Dawg, Niobium and Awesom-0 like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:34 PM Edited by Niobium, 29 July 2017 - 02:36 PM.

EA sports games. they are all the same games, but with tiny changes and roster updates.

speaking of EA sports games, fifa card packs are another blatant cash grab
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM Edited by fashion, 29 July 2017 - 09:18 PM.

EA sports games. they are all the same games, but with tiny changes and roster updates.

Ugh, fifa. Not worth buying a new game before at least three years have passed.
Last game I bought was 15, before that it was 10. I'm good with that.

Oh and fifa 18 icon edition: pay the price of two f*cking games to get some sh*tty additional cards and generic game currency.
  • Sunrise Driver and Niobium like this

Plank.
  • Plank.

Resident NEET

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:02 AM

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5. It was a buggy mess that was only released to cash in at the last second before the Tony Hawk license expired. The multiplayer was clunky and essentially pointless since you'd be teleported to your own little map if you wanted to do any challenges, and the sh*tty collision meant that you'd constantly get stuck in the floor when you bail. Hope they're making good use of my $50.

• fashion and Ivan1997GTA like this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

Wouldn't call the initial part of this as greedy, since anyone and everyone knows what they're getting when buying Fifa every single year. It's like a repetition of the fans getting worked up as soon as the new cover-art is released, to then spending the rest of the time complaining about the servers and glitches/bugs. It's gone beyond the point of even getting worked up over the in-game spending of money etc, so it's not greedy anymore, it's the fact people are willing to spend hundreds on a game that within a year will be out-dated and old.

• Mister Pink and Sunrise Driver like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:40 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 3 weeks ago.

I miss the old day, where you actually work up to earn the game's goal. But today, just buy something then BAM! You got everything and the game is just a cakewalk, there is no fun in gaming today (Except GTA)

Worst thing? Release a buggy unfinished game just a few years as the predecessor (which is just similar to the predecessor just with some new thing), and add a sh*tload of DLC that only add stuff that was cut from beta (rather than actually new one) but doesn't fix any bug. and make the DLC overpriced (I hope you know which company I said)

• Mister Pink, Algonquin Assassin and Ivan1997GTA like this

Eoghan
  • Eoghan

Trippa Snippa

• The Yardies
  • Ireland

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

Playerunknown selling cosmetic items in a early access game is pretty sh*tty in my opinion.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ubisoft.

Watch Dogs 2's season pass was NOT worth buying! -_____-

It needed at LEAST one full 'new game' equivalent of a DLC that past Ubisoft games have gotten, like Bad Blood in WD 1 to be that price. I still feel ripped off.

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

World of Speed.

Long story short: Game starts development, AGES later there's a few exclusive closed betas in Russia, they keep working on it... and eventually it stalls. They freeze it. A while later, rights are sold to another publisher and another developer takes it up.

Then, the game appears on Steam. Early access to start from 21st August, pay to play now or free to play when it's 'done'. It's not even 21st yet, and they're cutting out existing cars that were in pre-release materials to sell as exclusive Early Access buyers only cars.

I just want to see it crash and burn for this. 

• B Dawg likes this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by LittleBlueTroll, 4 weeks ago.

Maybe this post isn't directly related, in the sense that it isn't about DLC or micro transactions, but one thing I f*cking hate that I consider to be extremely greedy, lazy, and smack bang out of order, is something from the older Call Of Duty titles.

My account on Xbox 360 for Call Of Duty 4 is now unplayable, I got hacked and deranked to lower than level 1, I'm on minus XP points, so whenever I go to enter a lobby it tells me I must be at least level one to partake in any of the game modes, so I literally can't play it again ever, unless I get a new account. I know people who still to this day are getting hacked on MW2, MW3 people are hacking accounts and modding gameplay, Black Ops 2 is one of the worst on 360.

And yet they continue to sell it, on the PS3/360 stores and steam, on sites like Amazon and Ebay, at retail stores around the world. Now I know they don't make money from the sale of second hand copies, but surely they do from official sites like the Xbox store? Surely they do from that Modern Warfare bundle they stills sell in stores? Where they still charge a hefty amount for a game that is filled with hackers and cheats.

In my opinion, if they are willing to keep selling it like that, they should be forced to maintain its security.

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

I'll rustle your jimmies if you give me some sugar ;)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by BigJoe_1, 4 weeks ago.

I realize that it's not exactly the most popular game in the world right now, compared to GTA anyway (even though it really shouldn't be that popular anymore with the way the devs are taking it), but I'm surprised no one's said anything about Wargaming and how they're literally making World Of Tanks more pay to win with each update.

Most recently they've made two of the most heavily armored top tier tanks in the game horrifically overpowered by buffing their armor so much that even premium ammo struggles to go through.

Additionally, there's a whole set of high tier tank destroyers that survive purely by manipulating poor game mechanics and, unless your tank uses a high enough calibre gun, is invulnerable to any shot you fire at it.

To top it off they recently added high tier light tanks and removed (arguably one of the sh*ttiest and most frustrating parts of the game) their class specific matchmaking (-1,+3), which is all well and good. Great to be totally honest, most people wanted high tier lights and hated their their matchmaking. However, Wargaming only went and nerfed their viewrange to hell, rendering their purpose as the eyes of the team, irrelevant. Made their guns inaccurate, nerfed their rates of fire and nerfed their penetration across the board, so that as well as missing most of your shots, you barely get to do any real damage before you have to reposition.

Right now the only way to have your high tier light perform the way it should is to mount special equipment and fire premium ammo. This just barely gets your view range up to standard and makes your rate of fire and inaccuracy a bit more bearable. However your problems penetrating the target are gone for the sweet sweet price of 4,000 credits per shot.

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Playstation putting the price of online up by 25% this year! Hell most of the people playing are school kids ,for f*ck sake they make enough money already, disgusting, and Microsoft for starting this rip off of online game players...

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Maybe this post isn't directly related, in the sense that it isn't about DLC or micro transactions, but one thing I f*cking hate that I consider to be extremely greedy, lazy, and smack bang out of order, is something from the older Call Of Duty titles.

My account on Xbox 360 for Call Of Duty 4 is now unplayable, I got hacked and deranked to lower than level 1, I'm on minus XP points, so whenever I go to enter a lobby it tells me I must be at least level one to partake in any of the game modes, so I literally can't play it again ever, unless I get a new account. I know people who still to this day are getting hacked on MW2, MW3 people are hacking accounts and modding gameplay, Black Ops 2 is one of the worst on 360.

And yet they continue to sell it, on the PS3/360 stores and steam, on sites like Amazon and Ebay, at retail stores around the world. Now I know they don't make money from the sale of second hand copies, but surely they do from official sites like the Xbox store? Surely they do from that Modern Warfare bundle they stills sell in stores? Where they still charge a hefty amount for a game that is filled with hackers and cheats.

In my opinion, if they are willing to keep selling it like that, they should be forced to maintain its security.

I know where you're coming from with this in a way, but you can't really pull a game from the marketplace just because some hackers have ruined the MP aspect of the game. First of all, there is still a campaign that comes with the game, and this is still somewhat the main base of the game. If I recall, don't game companies put a message somewhere in their title that redeems them from anything to do with what happens on Online? Second of all, you have to realise that these games are released on a yearly basis, so after one year they tend to sit on the back-burner, and not on the priority list for Activision/whoever...It just comes down to having to report the accounts to Xbox and see what happens from there.

Trust me, I've had it happen multiple times on MW2, where I was deranked to minus, but then luckily joined another hacked lobby and prestiged my way back up.

No, what should be looked at more is games/dlc that is sold on the marketplace, knowing full well that they don't work as they should. I purchased the Forza 3/4 car packs, only to then find out that it was nigh-on impossible to actually redeem the cars in game. Or how about the fact they are still selling San Andreas, even though it's a known fact the game is broken...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users