Post greedy things that game companies have done

67 replies to this topic
Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:19 AM Edited by Niobium, 18 July 2017 - 12:27 AM.

back in the day during the PS2 era and before, you would pay full price for a game and you would get everything you would pay for, as game companies would not try to cut off some parts of the game and charge you extra to access the content. microtransactions did not exist, and neither did season passes, pre-order bonuses, pay-to-win DLC or other ways of tricking the player into giving the game company more money.

unfortunately in this era, this is not the case. game companies will find every opportunity to nickle-and-dime the player at the cost of the user experience, and sadly this is normalized. so, i'd thought it would be interesting to start a thread where people can post all kinds of greedy things companies have done that compromised the quality of the game, or straight up just ripped off the consumer.

i will start.

GTA Online shark cards. (oh how i cannot stop ripping on GTA V. i have issues lol.) if you want an in-depth criticism of shark cards, read RedDagger's thread. http://gtaforums.com...ent-can-be-sht/

GTA:O is completely centered around making money. perhaps it's not inherently a bad thing, but EVERYTHING in online is expensive. cars are expensive, guns are expensive, ammo is expensive, jets, choppers, and boats are expensive, property is expensive, clothes can get pretty expensive, and car upgrades are expensive. when some dickhead in a chromed supercar sticky bombs your ride, insurance can get expensive depending on the vehicle. hell, even dying costs money. basically, everything fun in GTA:O (apart from the dickhead destroying your car, that's not fun lol) is expensive.

payouts in jobs will typically be $20,000 which sounds like a lot, but you can't buy sh*t with that money unless you grind because everything is that expensive and you will constantly have to spend even more money to keep your ammo supply, and pay for insurance of damaged vehicles (which WILL happen). that is where shark cards come in. basically you can skip all that grinding by getting rockstar to fill up your GTA:O wallet at the price of RL money.

a great white card card costs 19.99 and is worth 1.25 million. a tank is worth 1.5 mil. basically you need to buy TWO great white shark cards to get one tank, which will set you back $40. basically you need to pay $40 to skip the grinding and easily get that tank. until you grind enough money to have a fully upgraded zentorno and the tank (which will both take forever), you will be at a disadvantage to everyone who has already gotten them by filling the wallets of dan and sam houser. pay-to-win.

microtransactions compromised the quality of online, but it also compromised the quality of SP. remember when rockstar announced the SP DLC a while back? they deleted that post almost immediately after and pretended that they never announced such a thing. why did rockstar do this? because unlike shark cards, SP DLC actually costs time, money and effort, and rockstar wants to make profit the easy way. microtransactions in GTA Online are responsible for the lack of SP content.

but it's not just the lack of content for SP. shark cards also killed OpenIV, because take two believed that hackers used OpenIV to generate in-game currency when they don't; they actually use other tools instead. so there you have it, shark cards ruined modding as well.

f*ck dick two and f*ck cockstar.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Journey_95, Piggsy pls and 3 others like this

Actlikeyouknow
  • Actlikeyouknow

One ugly motherf*cker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

Back when Payday 2 was getting released on Xbox One and PS4, I decided to buy a full priced, $60 dollar copy of the game for XB1. I spent the weeks leading up to release reading all about the game, and getting excited with all of the DLC content it came with. I remeber driving home from gamestop thinking "Alright, I'm going to play as Jacket, and the first job I'm going to attempt is Car Shop!". I got home, put in the disk, and booted it up. To my suprise, Jacket was not on the disk, so I played as Dallas instead. I checked out the available heists, and that seemed to lack most of the DLC heists as well! I decided, "Well, I'll buy them at a later point, let's join a heist!". I join a heist, failure to connect. I try another, fail to connect. I try again, you can guess what happens next. Finally, I give up on the game after trying for 2 hours straight. I put it back in 2 weeks later, still the same results. I come back 2 months later, now there are no heists to join period. f*ck Overkill studios for releasing this game is such a broken state that I cannot join ONE game. Maybe they fixed it by now, but they will have to hold me at gunpoint to get me to play that game again.

• PoeticWhisper and Niobium like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:11 AM

As much as I love Overwatch, I cannot agree with the way they lock new content behind temporary events to boost sales for loot boxes. Very little of the new content has actually been made permanent. The temporary loot boxes forces you to either grind endlessly for them in hopes you'll get a cool skin or emote, or shell out cold hard cash and essentially gamble to get them. The fact that there's no way to convert money into coins to get exact thing you want makes it even worse. While I get the reasoning behind the holiday event-related content being temporary, the events not tied to a holiday like Uprising and Anniversary make absolutely no sense.

• Niobium likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:33 AM

GTA: Online. At least with the first few updates you could try out the new vehicles in single players. Now you can't even do that and the cost of everything is ridiculous! They are quick to patch any kind of glitch that would interfere with their shark card revenue but don't really seem to be as precise with the more game breaking bugs.

Fallout 4: Season pass started out at $30 and then Bethesda got greedy and added $20 more for half assed content. Those workshop updates could have been free DLC.

Any video game company that has "remastered" a game that has come out in the last 5 years for a cheap cash grab. I would say 75% of those games are lazy ports like the Bioshock remaster that didn't really add much, and mostly made some parts of the game worse.
  • Mister Pink, Niobium and Ivan1997GTA like this

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:10 AM

All The Sims games DLCs.

• Fireman and Shaytan like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:09 AM

Nothing really specific, but I hate it when devs purposely butcher the endings to games so you have to buy DLC to understand how the f*ck it ends. I mean micro-transactions are greedy, but at least they're still optional. IMO it's a c*nt-ish thing to DLC bait by not giving a proper resolution to the game. :/

I love to purchase DLC if it's to expand some story arcs present in the main story or to be entirely new ones, but not when it's to give closure to how it's supposed to end. Imagine this sh*t in Hollywood? "Sorry. For watching this 2 hour movie you need to pay $10 more to see how x survived this epic explosion".

• Niobium likes this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:53 AM

Sharkcards: Get over it. It's been 5+ years, and your opinion is still wrong. You've never been truly locked out of content by not purchasing one, you just have to play the game as designed. Furthermore, with few exceptions they've only made it easier and easier to obtain money in this game (the time based payout was the one real big negative, and face it, this game was exclusively Grand Theft Madrazo's Documents until they did that, anyways). As for "paywalls" for services, there's never really been one. You could get started with CEO work for just over 1MM for the cheapest office and a small warehouse, I/E added 1MM car warehouses, MC clubhouses started at 200K, etc. You guys are just bitter about a non-issue.

Overwatch: Two (three?) maps and four heroes in the first year alone, all completely free. You're crying that cosmetic items are locked behind lootboxes? That they give you for playing teh game? Again, first world f*cking problems.

Neither of those are ridiculous. Ridiculous is selling you a $60 game and then including a $30+ season pass to get the rest of the content (Battlefront, Battlefield, etc) or literally repackaging the launch CD title with a download key and calling it a "Game of the Year" edition (Dragon Age Inquisition). These are sh*tty moves. Pay to win sh*t like spending $10 to unlock all items for a weapon or item (Battlefield) or being forced to buy a DLC to get the winninest weapon around (Battlefield, again). I don't know quite what Destiny did to force you to rebuy everything, but that was one too.

Shutting down the long term "openIV" platform, that's a sh*tty move, too.

Those are sh*tty moves by publishers and distributors. Sharkcards and cosmetics are just minor annoyances.

• Fuzzknuckles, Ivan1997GTA, update_lsc and 1 other like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:55 AM Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 18 July 2017 - 06:56 AM.

Counterstrike : Global Offensive and the bloody skins.

It has generated a new industry and a series of gambling sites to trade everything, but it is all funded by greed as it is generally Steam Trading micro transactions to unlock everything in the first place (Buying keys for your free drop boxes).  Valve started the business with the Team Fortress 2 boxes, but CS:GO takes everything to ridiculous levels.

Then there is the gambling businesses, It's such a huge Industry and there's so many ways to lose it all and gamble your collection.  But why are we being encouraged to gamble in the first place?  It's madness!

• Sunrise Driver likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:59 AM

Sharkcards: Get over it. It's been 5+ years, and your opinion is still wrong. You've never been truly locked out of content by not purchasing one, you just have to play the game as designed. Furthermore, with few exceptions they've only made it easier and easier to obtain money in this game (the time based payout was the one real big negative, and face it, this game was exclusively Grand Theft Madrazo's Documents until they did that, anyways). As for "paywalls" for services, there's never really been one. You could get started with CEO work for just over 1MM for the cheapest office and a small warehouse, I/E added 1MM car warehouses, MC clubhouses started at 200K, etc. You guys are just bitter about a non-issue.

Overwatch: Two (three?) maps and four heroes in the first year alone, all completely free. You're crying that cosmetic items are locked behind lootboxes? That they give you for playing teh game? Again, first world f*cking problems.

Neither of those are ridiculous. Ridiculous is selling you a $60 game and then including a $30+ season pass to get the rest of the content (Battlefront, Battlefield, etc) or literally repackaging the launch CD title with a download key and calling it a "Game of the Year" edition (Dragon Age Inquisition). These are sh*tty moves. Pay to win sh*t like spending $10 to unlock all items for a weapon or item (Battlefield) or being forced to buy a DLC to get the winninest weapon around (Battlefield, again). I don't know quite what Destiny did to force you to rebuy everything, but that was one too.

Shutting down the long term "openIV" platform, that's a sh*tty move, too.

Those are sh*tty moves by publishers and distributors. Sharkcards and cosmetics are just minor annoyances.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

• Niobium likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The new age of Bowling is here!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:28 AM Edited by B Dawg, 18 July 2017 - 09:28 AM.

Back when Payday 2 was getting released on Xbox One and PS4, I decided to buy a full priced, $60 dollar copy of the game for XB1.

You bought that piece of sh*t game for $60? Damn, you really screwed yourself over with that purchase. You should have looked at the PC/Steam Store Page's DLC list to know that Overkill/Starbreeze are a bunch of greedy, incompetent f*cks who can't design a game properly anymore and like to ruin it with garbage crossover content.

• Niobium likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

Pay to win sh*t like spending $10 to unlock all items for a weapon or item (Battlefield) or being forced to buy a DLC to get the winninest weapon around (Battlefield, again). I don't know quite what Destiny did to force you to rebuy everything, but that was one too.

Hang on. So you mention that people are just bitching when it comes to feeling the need to pay for stuff in GTA:O to get the higher end items, but then go on to complain about how Battlefield has an option to purchase the full inventory for one of the classes, of which can be gained by grinding through the game anyway?

• Mister Pink and Niobium like this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:13 PM Edited by Fireman, 18 July 2017 - 12:15 PM.

All The Sims games DLCs.

Especially the "user-created!" - content packs.

It has generated a new industry and a series of gambling sites to trade everything, but it is all funded by greed as it is generally Steam Trading micro transactions to unlock everything in the first place (Buying keys for your free drop boxes).  Valve started the business with the Team Fortress 2 boxes, but CS:GO takes everything to ridiculous levels.

Then there is the gambling businesses, It's such a huge Industry and there's so many ways to lose it all and gamble your collection.  But why are we being encouraged to gamble in the first place?  It's madness!

You're being encouraged to gamble? I never heard about that.

The keys alone are a big enough screw-over for me though. There's literally no way to get any cool skins without buying keys.

Then again they are just skins, so I spose we shouldn't be crying.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:49 PM

Horse armor DLC, only 5 bucks! 

• darthYENIK and Tchuck like this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

You'd have to rob a real bank to be able to get all Payday 2 DLCs.

• B Dawg, Mitsuha and Niobium like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:19 PM Edited by fashion, 18 July 2017 - 01:20 PM.

Shark cards obviously.

99% of mobile games, obviously.

Capcom's so-called remasters. All they f*cking did is pumping up their games to 1080p 60fps. Nothing more.

Ubisoft's sh*tty dlcs. Besides Syndicate's Jack the Ripper DLC, everything else is utter crap. Locking the only cool outfits of WD2 behind a 6 or 7 euro paywall each is a dick move. Same goes for GR Wildlands microtransactions.

Many MP shooters shove DLC, Premium accounts and microtransactions down your throat.

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:32 PM Edited by Niobium, 18 July 2017 - 02:34 PM.

Sharkcards and cosmetics are just minor annoyances.

i did not say making money was hard. i said everything is expensive because rockstar raised the price of everything. also i did not say rockstar locks you out of the content. i said you have to grind for the content unless you pay. maybe learn to read?

something that fundamentally changes the design of the game that tricks you into giving the houser brothers more money is NOT a minor annoyance, it's a major one and it divides the playerbase into the haves and have-nots.
  • Gtaman_92, Awesom-0 and Ivan1997GTA like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:33 PM Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 18 July 2017 - 03:35 PM.

You're being encouraged to gamble? I never heard about that.

The keys alone are a big enough screw-over for me though. There's literally no way to get any cool skins without buying keys.

Then again they are just skins, so I spose we shouldn't be crying.

The gambling sites are all third party offered sites that you trade your skins to in exchange for gambling credits.

I'm not gonna mention any of the sites here as that isn't the point, but you can Youtube for channels that record their gambling sessions.

You still have to buy the keys to unlock your crates and obtain skins to gamble, so it's all about money, even if it's not the real stuff you're gambling.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:08 PM Edited by Fireman, 18 July 2017 - 08:22 PM.

Yeah... but the gambling isn't a developer thing.

It's just that gambling in general is bad, doesn't have much to do with what you gamble on or with.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

Yeah, all of three maps and four heroes. That's not a lot of new content. Battleborn was dead on arrival, but managed to deliver five new heroes within the first year alone. Paladins has actually almost doubled the amount of champions since last year. This makes Overwatch look slow by comparion.

I'm not referring to cosmetic items locked behind loot boxes, I'm referring to the fact that almost all of the new content besides the limited maps/heroes has been LOCKED BEHIND F*CKING TEMPORARY EVENTS.

This was deliberate decision to get you to shell out money to gamble on loot boxes in hopes that you'll be able to snag a cool new skin or emote in that limited time frame. That is crap. Very little of the new content added has been actual permanent content you can get at any time. The Anniversary Event was the real kicker; it's supposed to be a celebration of Overwatch, but was another event with timed exclusive content and was deliberately made so you couldn't grind your way to get everything you wanted; you had to buy loot boxes from them.

So why don't you actually read the post next time before you bitch in my face trying to defend Overwatch. It's not that hard, I'm assuming.

• Niobium likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

Make Shark Cards overpriced and then overprice in-game cars on top of that so a McLaren P1 knockoff is somehow worth 40 bucks.
  • Mister Pink and Niobium like this

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:38 PM Edited by thatstupidbug, 18 July 2017 - 09:38 PM.

GTA 4 and episodes:

Do you want to know what's all the story behind the diamonds? Why are you in business with a biker and a bouncer, and why everything is going to sh*t? What's the fate of the "other" enemy in the game?
Wait a year and buy the two DLC, pal.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

GTA 4 and episodes:

Do you want to know what's all the story behind the diamonds? Why are you in business with a biker and a bouncer, and why everything is going to sh*t? What's the fate of the "other" enemy in the game?

I have to disagree with you, like, entirely.

GTAIV didn't make it obvious what it's DLC is going to be. IV is a complete, full experience, no strings attached. EFLC are there to expand on this full experience, tell some stories from different angles and please, you can't seriously be complaining about their quality. If EFLC is bad, then that makes every other DLC on the market complete crap.

One could be pissed off because it was a timed xbox exclusive and I'd agree to that, even as a 360 player. Otherwise, I just don't understand where you're coming from..
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Nico and 4 others like this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:42 PM

GTA 4 and episodes:

Are you seriously trying to complain about the fact you got given two brand new story-lines, both with their exclusive items etc? Not once did I think about the fate of the DLC characters throughout the playthrough of GTA IV...The 2 episodes were brilliant and well worth ever penny spent. Seriously don't get where you're coming from with this statement at all...

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Nico and 4 others like this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:00 AM

What R* did with Johnny was pitiful, and after all the things he did in IV to change his life around, was retconned in V.

He was definitely a more rounded protagonist than Trevor, Franklin or Luis was.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Niobium and 2 others like this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:46 AM

Yeah, all of three maps and four heroes. That's not a lot of new content. Battleborn was dead on arrival, but managed to deliver five new heroes within the first year alone. Paladins has actually almost doubled the amount of champions since last year. This makes Overwatch look slow by comparion.

So why don't you actually read the post next time before you bitch in my face trying to defend Overwatch. It's not that hard, I'm assuming.

Because none of those items mean a damn, period. There's not a single thing you had to have other than for pure vanity, period. end of discussion.

As for comparing two other games, neither counts either. First off, Paladins is "still in beta," so if you're going by that route, you need to take into effect the various new heroes Overwatched released over it's lengthly beta period in the first year two, which is 9, plus the additional 4 since release.

As for Battleborn, as you pointed out, it was DOA. They threw content at it in an attempt to try and convince people they should buy it.

You can accuse me of dickriding Blizzard if you want (that's usually the next move in these discussions), but I can assure you don't two sh*ts about videogame publishers' PR. The reality is in both these cases you're comparing apples and some other vaguely sphereoid fruits.

Pay to win sh*t like spending $10 to unlock all items for a weapon or item (Battlefield) or being forced to buy a DLC to get the winninest weapon around (Battlefield, again). I don't know quite what Destiny did to force you to rebuy everything, but that was one too.

Hang on. So you mention that people are just bitching when it comes to feeling the need to pay for stuff in GTA:O to get the higher end items, but then go on to complain about how Battlefield has an option to purchase the full inventory for one of the classes, of which can be gained by grinding through the game anyway?

No, I'm saying that they had to do that to unlock unfair advantages. There are no unfair advantages in this game with the possible exception of racing, and even then with catchup the field is mostly even.

Being a billionaire or being broke makes no actual difference when you try to play GTAO, unless your mistake is conflating freeroam with playing the game, and even there money doesn't make nearly the difference that reaction time and good eyesight does.

There's no serious monetary advantage other than "own stuff" in GTAO's various game modes.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

No, I'm saying that they had to do that to unlock unfair advantages. There are no unfair advantages in this game with the possible exception of racing, and even then with catchup the field is mostly even.

Being a billionaire or being broke makes no actual difference when you try to play GTAO, unless your mistake is conflating freeroam with playing the game, and even there money doesn't make nearly the difference that reaction time and good eyesight does.

There's no serious monetary advantage other than "own stuff" in GTAO's various game modes.

Been given a full armoury of weapons right from the start still doesn't really give any major unfair advantage over anyone else though. It's not like you are only limited to a sh*tty spud gun that only fires a bullet 2 meters. You still have to master each weapon and mix each class up to your liking, one that feels good for you and you only. Hell, even in CoD I tended to stick with the mid-level weapons after unlocking them all. The only major real advantage was that people who paid to unlock all weapons from the get go were given the chance to test out every weapon earlier than those who chose to progress naturally.

Been broke in GTA:O kind of does take away a lot of the gameplay fun and enjoyability though, and I'm sorry but you do feel like you're missing out on so much, even before you bring in to account the insane prices for the items. It's one of very few games where I felt like they were really forcing the pay-to-win down your throat. 

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:13 PM Edited by fashion, 19 July 2017 - 12:55 PM.

What R* did with Johnny was pitiful, and after all the things he did in IV to change his life around, was retconned in V.

He was definitely a more rounded protagonist than Trevor, Franklin or Luis was.

Yup, I'm on the Johnny boat too. It's not the fact they killed him, it's how they killed him. Probably the most disappointing, unreasonable and bullsh*t death in gaming history.

Trevor has this whole Lost MC storyline and if Johnny would be satisfyingly killed in a badass scene at the end of this storyline, I could totally live with that. The "Trevor kicks brains out" scene is there to show his ruthlessness right away, but it would've work just as well if he killed a random LMC member instead.
  • B Dawg and Niobium like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

GTA 4 and episodes:

EFLC shed some more light on certain story events, but GTA IV's story was hardly DLC bait.

Most people could play through GTA IV's story without desperately needing to know about the diamonds or what happened to Bulgarin.

It's not like we needed EFLC to confront "That Special Someone" and/or Dimitri which were GTA IV's main arcs.
  • B Dawg, Shaundi., Niobium and 3 others like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

Because none of those items mean a damn, period. There's not a single thing you had to have other than for pure vanity, period. end of discussion.

As for comparing two other games, neither counts either. First off, Paladins is "still in beta," so if you're going by that route, you need to take into effect the various new heroes Overwatched released over it's lengthly beta period in the first year two, which is 9, plus the additional 4 since release.

As for Battleborn, as you pointed out, it was DOA. They threw content at it in an attempt to try and convince people they should buy it.

You can accuse me of dickriding Blizzard if you want (that's usually the next move in these discussions), but I can assure you don't two sh*ts about videogame publishers' PR. The reality is in both these cases you're comparing apples and some other vaguely sphereoid fruits

Um, yeah. They do mean a damn because having new sh*t is what keeps a person playing. The fact that they lock these behind temporary events is a massive annoyance that was done on purpose to generate loot box revenue. I can't play the same game forever without new stuff added to make it feel fresh, because then it'll start to get monotonous after a while. This is true for all multiplayer games. Now why don't you get off Blizzard's dick and stop verbally assaulting me for not thinking Overwatch is a perfect game.

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:09 PM Edited by Niobium, 19 July 2017 - 04:14 PM.

overwatch is a fun game, but i never bought it because of the $60 price tag. it's way too expensive for a multiplayer game. i could just play TF2 for free or insurgency for far cheaper.

bottom line is i think blizzard is too stingy with the price, especially considering how it's a $60 game with f*cking microtransactions. TF2 has MTs too but at least the game is free so i am willing to tolerate it.

microtransactions in a $60 game is inexcusable. i guess you can add the price of overwatch itself coupled with the fact that it has microtransactions to the list of greedy things game companies have done.
  • B Dawg likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users