Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 5 days ago

zIp2SLH.png

Week of July 9th - July 16th

wE5k9l6.png

Welcome to the eighteenth issue of the GTAForums Weekly newsletter!

The first round of voting is now underway for Season 2 of the GTAF Snap Battle! For this round, members across the community are encouraged to vote for their favorite Snapmatic in each platform voting booth. The winners of this round will be placed in another poll where the most voted for Snaps from each platform will go head-to-head, and then staff members will vote as well. Remember, the main winner of Season 2 will win a GTA V Sprunk water bottle, as well as having their winning shot be shared across GTANet's social media platforms.

Week 15 of the Weekly Vehicle Showdown started earlier last week. Our returning champion, the Pegassi Monroe, came out on top in Week 14 just barely, winning with only a one vote difference. It seems to be maintaining a decent lead of 10 votes over the newcomer this week, the Pfister 811. Only time will tell who manages to win this round, but the battle never gets easier.

GTAForums' corrupt moderator and llama farmer Voodoo had started up new rounds of the infamous Random Chat Ban Roulette. At the time this is being posted, they are heading into the wildcard round, where Voodoo explains that "the winning post will be chosen by the RNG from ALL THREE ROUNDS". Think you're ballsy enough to give it a try? Head to the topic and test your luck.

GTAForums currently has a total of 14,933,154 total posts (+15,405 from last week) and 710,757 total members (+625 from last week) at the time this is being posted.

tjBbZMp.png

Welcome to the eighteenth week of Rockstar Central! I’m your host, Spider-Vice, and we’ll be highlighting this week’s happenings in the Rockstar Universe.

GTA Online
New week, new car released (this time, manufactured from the Grotti factories), and new GTA Online bonuses! The Grotti Cheetah Classic, a vehicle very reminiscent of some 80s and 90s exotics, very akin to those produced in Vice City and in San Andreas in the 1990s, has went back into production and is now available exclusively at Legendary Motorsport! Soar through the Paleto Bay woods and the high-rises of Los Santos in style!

A new Adversary Mode, Overtime Rumble has also been released this week. This adversary mode is basically darts with cars! You must parachute off a platform with a Ruiner 2000 and hit the target with the most points, without being knocked off by your opponents… or even teammates! It’s for up to 10 players and it’s currently having its own double GTA$ and RP bonus through tomorrow, July 17th.

Rockstar has also announced some brand-new bonuses and discounts, this week focusing on executive offices, so you can kickstart your CEO career with more ease and be on par with a lot of the criminal San Andreas population. This week:
- 25% off the Maze Bank West
- 30% off the Arcadius Business Center
- 35% off the Lombank West
- 40% off the Maze Bank Tower
- 25% off Executive Office Garages, Custom Auto Shop and Office Garage Renovations
- 25% off Custom Auto Shop Renovations as well

For those with speed in their veins, a new premium race and time trial are also available. ]Until tomorrow, July 17th:
- Premium Race: “Big Drop” (Locked to sports cars)
- Time Trial: “Up Chiliad”

Rockstar General
This week, Rockstar has done another one of their classic livestreams, on Friday July 14th. This week, they invited YFNLUCCI and iPodKingCarter up to the Rockstar NYC base to play some Gunrunning and Overtime Rumble, all to celebrate the release of the new adversary mode.

You can check the stream VOD out here.

Community Highlight – The GTA SA Chain Game!
Ah, the Chain Game. It's probably something everyone has heard of if they visit GTAForums frequently, especially as it is on its 117th round! Created by forum veteran JAJ, the GTA San Andreas Chain Game is one of the most played “forum games” in the older GTA sections, and it consists on participants contributing to get the game to 100% together! Once this is reached, a new round begins.

There are a few strict rules to follow, and some strategies that you’re recommended to do if you wish to be more helpful to your “descendent” who is going to download your save, progress the game a bit and pass it off to another person - but it’s very fun any way, it just helps the game be more enjoyable for everyone.

Follow the link in the title to go to the thread for more details!

H93Hfjb.png

NEWS

GTAFORUMS SNAP BATTLE

GTA ONLINE

EVENTS

GENERAL CHAT

FORUM SUPPORT

nQeR6he.png

Don't forget to cast your votes for Season 2 of the GTAF Snap Battle. Click here to be redirected to the Snap Battle sub-forum.

dBXCZ6x.png

rUT6i5f.png

7FPNrfc.png

ykNeNuW.png

N4loH9K.png

Wajvaw3.png

11ebDsA.png

v2XAlnd.png

culCTBc.png

QXZI1j7.png

Rl9T2Za.png

In our attempt to broaden our variety of interview candidates, we will be reaching out to many different people in the coming weeks. For this issue, we have interviewed Scaglietti.

Android: What initially brought you to GTAForums?
Scaglietti: Back in May 2012 I remember everybody was getting hyped over the 2405 mysteries from the first GTA V trailer and I guess they thought it meant May 24th. So on May 24th I got curious and looked up what was happening and that brought me to a thread on GTAF. I thought this place looked interesting and decided to check it out for a few days. I ended up making an account at the end of the month.

Has your opinion on the community changed in any way since you originally joined?
Not to be too negative, but it's kind of changed for the worse over the past year. I still meet a lot of cool people with similar interests but I just don't like coming here as much anymore. I'm not as hotheaded as I was in the past but people still treat me like that and act like they expect me to react. Then there was a time where I got harassed off of the GTAF Discord server. I'd rather not get into that. All I have to say is it's not the same and that's just within five years of being here.

What do you enjoy the most about the community?
Sharing my gaming interests and experiences and meeting a bunch of interesting people. I also enjoyed how involved the community was in the release of GTA V. Those were some fun times.

Picture this; you've suddenly become an admin here on the forum. What do you do first?
Not gonna lie, I would probably monitor for a lot of arguments. It's kind of a problem here and nobody should feel singled out all of the time on a gaming forum.

Could you explain the meaning / context in regards to your username? What made you choose it?
:lol: Well I think it's kind of obvious! I'm a huge Ferrari fanboy and always have been for as long as I've liked cars. That includes GTA's depiction of the automaker, Grotti, which are the only cars I've been driving in GTA:Online lately including the new Cheetah Classic. My old username was StingrayX, I think that was simply because the Corvette Stingray was new at the time and I was a big fan of it.

How did you feel when your snarky post was included in a Kotaku article a few months back? Any regrets?
I broke out laughing! I didn't really feel anything to be honest. I mean that's just how I post sometimes, I don't really have any regrets even though I now know about how broken the Infernus Classic really was at the time.

Which forum member do you feel closest to?
Probably KifflomBroBro. We share the same interest in car photography and we're actually quite similar in many other ways too!

What's your favorite Rockstar Games series or title?
It would have to be GTA IV. That game is almost ten years old and I still play it on a regular basis. I can't say I've enjoyed any other Rockstar title for as long or as much as I did IV.

Do you have any other interests, hobbies, favorite music, and so on? Tell us more about the person behind your alias.
Well there's photography, traveling, graphic design, journalism and of course cars. My favorite type of music ranges from deep house and chillwave/downtempo to 70's and 80's pop.

Any final comments? Do you have anything to say to our readers & the GTAF community?
Keep up the great work!

qO34erD.png

DJ Khaled - Wild Thoughts (ft. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller)

Produced by DJ Khaled and featuring vocals from Rihanna and Bryson Tiller, "Wild Thoughts" has been claimed to be one of the best songs of Summer '17 (so far). While the song samples riffs and percussion from "Maria Maria" by the Latin rock-band "Santana", it delivers everything in a modern R&B & pop experience.

Album: Grateful

Genre: R&B / Pop

Release Date: June 23, 2017

Label: We the Best / Epic

Writer(s): DJ Khaled, Rihanna, Bryson Tiller, PartyNextDoor

JyLyVpJ.png

Android - Editor & Publisher, Topics/Snaps of the Week

Kaniel Outis - GTAForums News, Blast from the Past

slohbur - Graphics Assistant

Spider-Vice - Rockstar Central

Testarossa - Track of the Week

unbid - Interviewer

• V4S, uNi, JoonasPRKL and 21 others like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

You guys always have good music recommendations :p

I would have never checked out Calvin Harris' new album had it not been for Issue 16 😎

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

OG

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 5 days ago

This interview is a goddamn disgrace.

Scaglietti? Really?
  • Alexander, Ermac, Pavle and 4 others like this

Alexander
  • Alexander

Yard✌️

• The Yardies
  • Venezuela

Posted 5 days ago

Scaglietti? Really?

Someone's a little jelly

• Scaglietti, The Deadite and Audi like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Scaglietti? Really?

Hey hey now

Android
  • Android

gas exists

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 5 days ago

Things change as we go through each week, we can't always get the most popular or liked people due to time constraints. You don't have to like it.

• Rafae, Leone Family and Great Britain like this

V4S
  • V4S

🌸 N°1 sǝɹɐɔ 🌸

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 5 days ago

Sorry Arthur, no bunk photos this week. It also seems the ban roulette is over... for now.

Thanks for the all the effort for the weekly issues!

• Rafae, The Happy Clown, alkaline_ and 1 other like this

Arthur Fookin Shelby
  • Arthur Fookin Shelby

Cave Canem

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, 5 days ago.

Sorry Arthur, no bunk photos this week. 

maybe he took it literally? 

Ej6UMKd.png

e: but ye am i gonna hear anything back about it? thought it was a reasonable suggestion.

• Rafae likes this

Android
  • Android

gas exists

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 5 days ago

psymin's snap is from the PBMO topic, so your suggestion is going to be implemented more often as we move forward. Some groups have snaps but since we only showcase things from within the week, sometimes there are none at all in these topics. The original idea behind the segment was to keep it centralized on GTA Snapmatics, so right now I don't think any other gaming shots will be included.

• Arthur Fookin Shelby and Great Britain like this

blaze
  • blaze

Big Homie

• The Yardies
  • Macau
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 days ago

Scaglietti? Really?

damn ya'll a salty MF face-with-tears-of-joy.pngface-with-tears-of-joy.pngface-with-tears-of-joy.png

• Alexander, Ermac, Pavle and 3 others like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 4 days ago

This forum is so damn childish.
  • Android, Leone Family, DimitriFaustin and 1 other like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 4 days ago

Here I come to read GTAForums Weekly Issue 18 and I'm greeted by this twattery. 

To the jokers concerned: stop being twats or risk an all-expenses paid trip to United States of You-won't-be-able-to-post-for-a-week.

K? Good.

• Nico, WildBrick142, Scaglietti and 2 others like this

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago

11/10 would contemplate at this weekly issue again. 

Android
  • Android

gas exists

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 4 days ago

Here I come to read GTAForums Weekly Issue 18 and I'm greeted by this twattery. 

To the jokers concerned: stop being twats or risk an all-expenses paid trip to United States of You-won't-be-able-to-post-for-a-week.

K? Good.

Thanks, Raavi.

Actual constructive criticism and feedback is always welcome, of course.

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 4 days ago

It's good to see that Scag's finally opened up to people. Now, we're just left with that mug which he won't share.

blaze
  • blaze

Big Homie

• The Yardies
  • Macau
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 days ago

why was my comment deleted the f*ck i think having a pets weekly section would be an interesting feature >:(

• Pavle and Great Britain like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 4 days ago

i think having a pets weekly section would be an interesting feature > :(

I think it's a good suggestion.

One member's Doggo, cat, chinchilla or snek in the spotlight.

• blaze, Pavle, Kaniel Outis and 1 other like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 days ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, 4 days ago.

_MK_

ykNeNuW.png

"TakeTwo looks at this thread and your modification

With a cease-and-desist and justice immunity

And their horde of lawyers, without hesitation

Do what they want with our beloved community."

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by jrl51592, 3 days ago.

How difficult is it for you to find potential candidates for the weekly interview? I get the impression that it is somewhat difficult based on what you said above this week's interview but I'm probably wrong in thinking that.

I only have a few suggestions for the weekly interview and they are Kirsty, Happy Hunter Thomas The Tank Engine, RedDagger, and Spider-Vice. I would have suggested Voodoo too but you already did an interview for him. So far Voodoo's interview is my favorite interview to-date. I'm not just saying that because I'm terrified of him.

I'm not really terrified of him.

Edit: I also suggest for Android to do an interview on himself just for fun. It would be amusing to read him questioning himself and then answering his own questions.
  • Rafae likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users