Things that annoyed you in games you enjoyed

51 replies to this topic
Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:19 PM

Don't mind me, I'm just here to rant about how much I hate gwent in The Witcher 3. It's a love-hate kind of relationship

Collecting cards is very fun and gives you a sense of achievement, but the game itself is more frustrating than Modern Warfarre at veteran difficulty

Why?

The unique cards

They ruin everything for me

They're awesome indeed, but why the hell does everyone have them as soon as I obtain one? 

There's a quest that you need to do for Zoltan (can't remember its name) where you basically have to search the town of Novigrad for extremely rare cards. When I first did this mission I was like "oh hey, now I'll get powerful and unique cards to crush my foes!"

And that's precisely what happened, except for the fact that afterwards every merchant in the world the owned all these incrediblysuperduperrare cards as soon as I got them. What the hell?!? That makes no sense!

In the end, playing gwent is very, very, VERY annoying

I recently started playing the DLC Blood And Wine and I've been trying to collect the cards from the Skellige deck

It took me four tries to defeat a random innkeeper...

...and it took me one try to beat the tournament in Novigrad...

....k?

To be fair, the Skellige deck is largely based on luck of the draw. It's why I stuck with Northen Realms/Nilfgaard. Other than that, I agree. After getting the Ciri card, it seemed like everyone and their mother got one too. I guess the bright side is that the game stays challenging. I'm sure Gwent would be a lot more boring if you could overpower your opponents with ease.  

• Lalisa likes this

Lalisa
  • Lalisa

If it's not fun, why bother?

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:28 PM Edited by Lalisa, 01 August 2017 - 09:29 PM.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to rant about how much I hate gwent in The Witcher 3. It's a love-hate kind of relationship

Collecting cards is very fun and gives you a sense of achievement, but the game itself is more frustrating than Modern Warfarre at veteran difficulty

Why?

The unique cards

They're awesome indeed, but why the hell does everyone have them as soon as I obtain one? 

There's a quest that you need to do for Zoltan (can't remember its name) where you basically have to search the town of Novigrad for extremely rare cards. When I first did this mission I was like "oh hey, now I'll get powerful and unique cards to crush my foes!"

And that's precisely what happened, except for the fact that afterwards every merchant in the world the owned all these incrediblysuperduperrare cards as soon as I got them. What the hell?!? That makes no sense!

I recently started playing the DLC Blood And Wine and I've been trying to collect the cards from the Skellige deck

....k?

To be fair, the Skellige deck is largely based on luck of the draw. It's why I stuck with Northen Realms/Nilfgaard. Other than that, I agree. After getting the Ciri card, it seemed like everyone and their mother got one too. I guess the bright side is that the game stays challenging. I'm sure Gwent would be a lot more boring if you could overpower your opponents with ease.  

Exactly and that's why I dislike the Skellige deck

Yesterday I was finally able to beat that idiotic tournament in B&W. Took me at least seven tries but I'm really satisfied with the deck that I created

From how I see it, the most important thing about the Skellige deck is the third round. Thanks to the deck's ability 2 cards are randomly played from your graveyard, isn't it? I basically play every berseker card in the first round, turn them into bears then pass. In this way the first round is won 90% of the times unless there's a Scorch card

As for the second round, I immediately pass it without using any card

Then in the third round I play everything I have

Either way, it all depends on the player's luck, as you correctly said. Luck, bersekers and Cerys' card (way too OP if you ask me)

I wonder how's gwent on hard difficulty  :/

• Matrelith likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:03 AM

Forced PvP system like The Division Dark Zone and Soulsborne invasion system.

It attracts the worst vicious self-important community where they don't care about you, your time, and what you're looking to achieve in the game, but you must accept them, amuse them, make their time worth spent, and follow their rules of playing which basically allows themselves to do/use anything possible while you can't do the same to them. When you defeat them, that means you are broken/OP/cheating, while if they win, that means it's the way it supposed to be and you deserved it. If you refuse to serve yourself to their needs for giggles, that means you need to GTFO. If you tell them to fight those who are actually looking for a match and is equally proficient in stats or the controls, they will deny it; sometimes they will use the reason of "life is unfair", sometimes they will credit themselves as the reason why the game is still alive and the game needs them, while all they do actually turns players off of the game due to inability to progress. For some reason, they also like to discuss on how to manipulate the game, so they can jack on to new players as early as possible.

This is why I call forced PvP as 'Player versus Pest', because you don't need them to have fun, but they need you and they don't do any good to you while they're benefiting from you.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:36 AM

Why?

The unique cards

....k?

Yesterday I was finally able to beat that idiotic tournament in B&W. Took me at least seven tries but I'm really satisfied with the deck that I created

From how I see it, the most important thing about the Skellige deck is the third round. Thanks to the deck's ability 2 cards are randomly played from your graveyard, isn't it? I basically play every berseker card in the first round, turn them into bears then pass. In this way the first round is won 90% of the times unless there's a Scorch card

Either way, it all depends on the player's luck, as you correctly said. Luck, bersekers and Cerys' card (way too OP if you ask me)

Yeah, the Skellige deck has some gems in it, for example Cerys, Ermion and the Scorch Pirate. What sucks is that a lot of cards are co-dependent. The An Craite warriors, Shield Maiden warriors and Longships are all okay on their own, but they're so much more useful when you utilize their Tight Bond ability. Berserkers are weak on their own, and without Ermion or Mardroeme they'll stay weak. The ability to get two cards in the third round is useful, but can backfire. I remember a match where I got a Longship (valued at 8) and the Scorch Pirate (valued at 8) as my two cards. This resulted in the Pirate scorching himself and the Longship, leaving me with nothing. :lol: The abscence of spy cards is also a bummer, You could always use Decoys, but that's less ideal. Basically with Skellige it's if you draw 10 cards at the beginning of the match that have bad synergy, it'll be hard (if not impossible) to win the match. 

I imagine with hard difficulty the AI will pull some nasty moves. I never tried it myself. I only played it on normal, and twice on easy because I could just not beat the second opponent at the Gwent tournament at the Passiflora (with the Nilfgaard deck) and that boatmaker in Velen with the unique card. Both seemed to have way too much luck on normal diffuclty with medics and spies. 

• Lalisa likes this

Lalisa
  • Lalisa

If it's not fun, why bother?

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

Why?

The unique cards

....k?

Yeah, the Skellige deck has some gems in it, for example Cerys, Ermion and the Scorch Pirate. What sucks is that a lot of cards are co-dependent. The An Craite warriors, Shield Maiden warriors and Longships are all okay on their own, but they're so much more useful when you utilize their Tight Bond ability. Berserkers are weak on their own, and without Ermion or Mardroeme they'll stay weak. The ability to get two cards in the third round is useful, but can backfire. I remember a match where I got a Longship (valued at 8) and the Scorch Pirate (valued at 8) as my two cards. This resulted in the Pirate scorching himself and the Longship, leaving me with nothing. :lol: The abscence of spy cards is also a bummer, You could always use Decoys, but that's less ideal. Basically with Skellige it's if you draw 10 cards at the beginning of the match that have bad synergy, it'll be hard (if not impossible) to win the match. 

I imagine with hard difficulty the AI will pull some nasty moves. I never tried it myself. I only played it on normal, and twice on easy because I could just not beat the second opponent at the Gwent tournament at the Passiflora (with the Nilfgaard deck) and that boatmaker in Velen with the unique card. Both seemed to have way too much luck on normal diffuclty with medics and spies. 

Hahaha that's why I removed the Scorch Pirate from my deck. I focused more on co-dependent cards such as Berserkers, Shield Maiden Warriors and Longships. I decided to remove the small ships or however they called since you can only have three of them and in the end only give you 12 points. Two longships on the other hand can give you a huge advantage

As for the spies, it's not a huge problem. I do have the Mysterious Elf in my deck (way too OP) but I don't need him most of the time thanks to the third round. I do my best not to play too many cards until the third round. As I said in the previous message. I try to play Berserkers in the first round and then pass. If something goes wrong I can always play the Longships and then use either Yennefer or Birna to "revive" them from the graveyard

I always keep three Mardroeme cards in my deck and I removed Ermion. In this way I'm able to turn the Berserkers into bears pretty much every time

There's also one more thing that annoys me a lot (apart from Scorch cards that is): the Nilfgaard deck and its abilities. So. Freaking. Frustrating

I remember playing the tournament and had to face the Nilfgaardian Ambassador. Everything was going smoothly: played all my berserkers, won the first round, passed the second one...

Third round starts. Two random cards are "revived", in this case a Bear and a Longship. "No problem" I thought; "I'll revive the other Bear in my graveyard with Yennefer"

Guess what happened. Emperor's ability: he steals my Bear from the graveyard. I lose

• Matrelith likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

Test Drive Unlimited 2: The physics are pretty weird at low-medium speeds and the map is just unfinished at some points.

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box: Lack of the crash junctions from previous games and the bikes thing doesn't allow you to race other bikes. I was expecting more of a Road Rash thing. Also, only 4 bikes, and 2 being special versions of the other 2? Really?

Driver: Paralell Lines: The drive-by mechanic is weird as hell with a keyboard.

Driver: San Francisco: The game seems very unfinished at close inspection (They didn't even bother in programming traffic lights, the AI literally goes around the block), and it is pretty boring after some hours.

Portals 1 & 2: They're too short.

• Actlikeyouknow likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

mafia III - the strafing of enemy npc's. i like a challenge but this is rediculous. even if i lead they still manage to strafe past my shots. also i hate that the shooting has left and right handed options. this can be bothersome in tense shootouts. i've played many shooters and its a force of habbit of mine to press L3 to zoom in on my target. regrettebly on mafia 3 the L3 acts as a toggle switch between left and right handed shooting. this causes me to tense up and mistakebly switch my aim at the most critical moments.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

Having to unlock cars in Midnight Club LA by gaining respect points, I always hated that tactic in games though, having an item there but not allowed to get it until you have completed some arbitary tasks.

Why not have all the cars available but very expensive, that way at least it makes more sense. I get there is a balance issue, having an overpowered car early in the game would make it too easy but it's a feature that bugged me. The test drive feature let you try out all the cars which was good but I still miss customising them.

I don't really feel like grinding to unlock them though, I guess when I got the game I expected a bit more openness from the start.

O.Z
  • O.Z

Trevor Philips

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:32 PM Edited by O.Z, 09 August 2017 - 04:34 PM.

No car customisation in GTA IV after the San Andreas, it was a step backwards

GTA V - police chases with cars that have rubber bands... so so damn annoying

• Algonquin Assassin and Sunrise Driver like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

GTAO

It was always quite sh*tty, but in the early times you at least were noticing improvements or them at least trying to improve things.

Now it is just sh*t.

silent hill 1,2,3 and homecoming: lovely games, still are, but after a while the backtracking get's a bit annoying.

metal gear solid 5: the ending ruined all.

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gingerly Ginger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:39 AM

Landmine traps, suicide bombers, radroaches, and all variations of the molerats in Fallout 4. Actually, those are nothing compared to the settlement raids that'll happen to your settlements.

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

the first four silent hill games: the camera is kind of a bitch in the first three games and the combat is very awkward and stiff, but my biggest problem with these games that they are too short tbh

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

Changing weapons on the Army Men games was a pain in the ass.

ShadowPerson
  • ShadowPerson

Intergalatic Empress of Evil.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:57 AM

Titanfall when started! The intense battles to earn enough points for that majestic orbital drop Titan!

- The joy of crusing pilots and other Titans lol

- When your Titan had the nuclear setup with a chance of killing other Titans or pilots.

- Rodeo ride a Titan during an intense fight, literally YOLO.

- The chance to save your ass at the very end.

- The Horde mode of soldiers, robots and Titans!

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

Any game that has QTE's , so annoying ....

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:25 AM Edited by fashion, 22 August 2017 - 08:26 AM.

Goddamnit Witcher 3, going into the inventory menu and browsing is so slow. It's really annoying and shoul've been more fluid.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

the fact that you can't lock your beard into one state in tw3

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:24 PM

It would've been nice if the Outbreak series gave us the option to shift to one of the other two partners when our character died.

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

The ultimate mode in EA games.  Just a huge cash grab for people to buy their way to online supremancy, now it's EA number one focus.  With all the bugs in gameplay it's annoying when "Improved Ultimate Menu Options" is listed as a new feature.  This year will be the first time ever I will not buy NHL, that franchise has gone to sh*t. 

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

No car customisation in GTA IV after the San Andreas, it was a step backwards

I wouldn't say so to be honest - I'd say the customisation of vehicles came as part of the feeling of the game to be honest. Niko just didn't seem like the type of person who would spend hundreds on adding an exhaust and custom bonnet to a car.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:44 AM

Cops annoy the most when it comes to playing any GTA game. Then comes repetition of content seen in so many modern games with their strict mission railroading that plays like the same mission that came before, just at a different place. Lastly, the bugs, and technical issues.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

I love the way the fights are made in Total overdose with all the crazy spectacular moves you can do but this tendency Cruz has to aim an object that will never reach him instead of the enemy 10 cm away from his gun and all these enemies who aren't marked on the radar and disppear as soon as you lose them of sight turn me mad, especially when I want to make the highest possible score.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users