Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:27 AM

Blood Drive is set in the dystopian "distant future" of the year 1999, after the "Great Fracking Quakes" have literally split the United States apart, with a giant ravine called "the Scar" being formed roughly along the route of the Mississippi River. A mega-corporation, Heart Enterprises, exploits strange discoveries from the bottom of the Scar to become ubiquitous across American politics, society, and the economy. Meanwhile, as a result of environmental decline, water has become scarce and gasoline prohibitively expensive.

The series features Los Angeles Police Department officer Arthur Bailey (Alan Ritchson), aka Barbie, being forced to partner up with Grace D'Argento (Christina Ochoa), a dangerous femme fatale who has an agenda of her own, as they take part in a death race where the cars run on human blood - the titular Blood Drive, whose master of ceremonies, Julian Slink (Colin Cunningham), is secretly a Heart employee. As they make their way through the Blood Drive, Arthur and Grace realize that Heart has been involved in their own pasts, as well.

http://www.syfy.com/blooddrive

I am hooked on this ridiculous show. It's chock full of over the top death race action, camp and gore. I'm actually pretty surprised a show this severe made it onto regular cable. If you're into grindhouse, dark humor, ultra violence and dystopian themes, this series is for you. Every episode is like a mini grindhouse feature.

• darthYENIK, The Yokel, Femme Fatale and 2 others like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

DONT YOU WANT A 🅱ALLOON???

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:04 PM

Lol the premise, i could never come up with this sh*t.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:55 AM

Apparently, the show has been offending a lot of people so they added a complaint line.

8sVTvEU.jpg

I lol'd.

• The Deadite and Neon_Dreaming like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

I watched the first episode a couple of days ago, really enjoyed it, it's a stylised crimson filled gore fest and it does it very well. At times it reminded me of Machete with Danny Trejo which is a good thing. Looking forward to what the rest of the series brings.
  • Voodoo likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

Yeah, Machete is grindhouse so it's in the same genre. I just finished ep 10 and can safely say that this sh*t definitely gets more and more insane with every episode.

• Mister Pink and Neon_Dreaming like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Some bad news, it's been cancelled.
https://tvline.com/2...-syfy-season-2/

It's a pity, the show was very different from anything else on tv.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

I had a feeling it wouldn't last past season one. It seems a little too severe to grab a mainstream following. Maybe they'll spin it off into a new series on another network or streaming service. That prison thing could be interesting.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yeah I can't help but think that a streaming service like Netflix would have been a good fit, although they cancelled it SyFy brought it to us too, so kudos to them for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users