Questions regarding heist gear

17 replies to this topic
jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm trying to get everything I need before I join someone else's heists.
Have the heist heavy outfit.
BP helmet
NVGs

Also bought an earpiece. Does this actually do anything?
Went to the mask store and got something to go with the BP helmet. While there I saw a gas mask that only unlocks after idk some heist finale. Is the gas mask a must have item?

Also, about tear gas. Is this useful?

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by -LN-, 2 weeks ago.

Gas mask, earpieces, etc are purely cosmetic. Though you may receive a variety of different opinions on the matter, I personally don't see any of this stuff as essential. Sure, I suppose the helmet and vest reduce damage to some degree, but I don't and won't use them. As long as you have the appropriate weapons and the like, it shouldn't be that much of a struggle provided you have a good group to game with.
  • Professional Amateur and kovaandr like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

"Some degree". The vest makes you damn near invincible. Good group or not, you're an idiot if you don't use it.

• Aznknight, HitchsIap, ALLWORLD19 and 1 other like this

HitchsIap
  • HitchsIap

Slayer of Gods

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not sure about Invincible, but the helmet helps, and the vest helps a lot. You have to be a true idiot to die while using both. :beerhat:

Aznknight
  • Aznknight

How may I offend you today?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just buy the heavy heist vest.
NPC's will never head shot you in heists.

As a player who values his time, I thank you for asking what you need. Many players believe their character is Captain America and is equipped with plot armour. Don't listen to people who say they don't use heist gear. They're the try hards who will be the first to complain on here about you.
  • FlacidJack, Amy Vinewood and kovaandr like this

pptz84
  • pptz84

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Gas mask, earpieces, etc are purely cosmetic. Though you may receive a variety of different opinions on the matter, I personally don't see any of this stuff as essential. Sure, I suppose the helmet and vest reduce damage to some degree, but I don't and won't use them. As long as you have the appropriate weapons and the like, it shouldn't be that much of a struggle provided you have a good group to game with.

Good for you that you're such a pro, however 'reduce damage to some degree' is clearly an understatement not really helping the ts since he asks what to use to be as well prepared as possible. 

I'd definitely recommend to use the heavy utility vest in heist when you don't have that much experience in heists (or do have experience, but just have poor skills, like myself :-p) 

• jwdrinkwaterjr likes this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

As a player who values his time, I thank you for asking what you need. Many players believe their character is Captain America and is equipped with plot armour. Don't listen to people who say they don't use heist gear. They're the try hards who will be the first to complain on here about you.

I hate it when people waste my time, so I won't do it to someone else. Even though I've still yet to complete the second setup for Fleeca due to utter morons who can't think strategically. Also, I'd like to establish myself as a contributing team member so that I get invited back to play again.
Hit level 56 last night. I'm really considering just waiting until 100 before I join a heist session with anyone else. Maximum potential for success, I guess.

Aznknight
  • Aznknight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I hate it when people waste my time, so I won't do it to someone else. Even though I've still yet to complete the second setup for Fleeca due to utter morons who can't think strategically. Also, I'd like to establish myself as a contributing team member so that I get invited back to play again.
Hit level 56 last night. I'm really considering just waiting until 100 before I join a heist session with anyone else. Maximum potential for success, I guess.

You are fine at 50. Just fill up ammo and snacks and wear heavy gear every setup.
You will find out which setups you don't need the gear for.
As for idiots, you don't run out of them in the community, unfortunately.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

ROAD TO 100K Player Kills 20K TO GO!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago

Don't listen to people who say they don't use heist gear. They're the try hards who will be the first to complain on here about you.

being good to the point they dont need heist gear doesnt mean they are tryhards...

people that play heist for the elite challenges or speedruns learn to play the game without heist gear.
  • -LN- likes this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by -LN-, 2 weeks ago.

*smacks gum*
*twirls hair*

Oh. My. God. :p

I'm not saying that I'm such a pro; rather that I don't personally use a vest or helmet and that neither items are 100% required in order to take on heists. Sure, prevention and protection, I get that and if you feel as though you need them, go for it! However, my main point is that they are not, without a doubt, required in order to complete the objectives at hand. The tone of the OP's original post came off as wanting to know about "must have" items and mentioned things that were purely cosmetic in nature.

With that said, if I'm gonna die during a heist, I want to look good (or at least die wearing my own style)! :p The whole hulking, bulky, slow and weigh ya down type clothing doesn't do anything for me personally, so it's definitely more of a personal preference than anything else.

Just have fun with them, OP! If you want to use the items, please do, but I just think you should know that none of them are required--if that makes sense.

• Professional Amateur and jwdrinkwaterjr like this

x_TestsubjecT_x
  • x_TestsubjecT_x

Always working on the next Million!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

"Some degree". The vest makes you damn near invincible. Good group or not, you're an idiot if you don't use it.

I wouldn't go this far. Joining someones heist, being able to bring heavy armour is essential for sure.  I am in a good group.  Fortunately.  Lately though, I've been dropping the armour even against the grain.  It makes sure I don't get overly confident and think i can walk into a court yard and take it all down lol.  Idiot may be a little harsh of a brush when your an experienced heist player knowing it inside n out.  It will refine your senses to do some runs where, if your not careful, ye shall be shredded lol....   

For so many of us now just dropping the armour can refresh the heists for you.  For sure your going to swap out the hardware in the vans differently in a t-shirt. 

Aznknight
  • Aznknight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Don't listen to people who say they don't use heist gear. They're the try hards who will be the first to complain on here about you.

being good to the point they dont need heist gear doesnt mean they are tryhards...

people that play heist for the elite challenges or speedruns learn to play the game without heist gear.

Yes. I don't use heist gear either. However, I won't announce it here especially to people asking what they need to be successful with EVERYONE. A heist is a team mode. You play for the team. Not for yourself.

A team who knows each other will never really ever need it. But, if you're going to join my team and don't use heist gear and you accidentally get run over then slaughtered with shotguns then die while you're trying to get back up, then you wasted three people's time that they will never ever get back.
  • pptz84 likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

The bullet proof helmet and heist gear are pretty useful. The helmet won't slow you down at all, but takes away some damage. The gear slows you down, but makes you much stronger. I don't really like the way they look, but will often use them on the times I do heists. It's not even so much that I don't trust my ability to do it without them - I just don't want to let my team members down; not for the sake of my not wearing the clothes for a little while.

Everyone has different ideas on things I guess. Some people will tell you not to use vehicle X, or method B - to me, getting the job done and being dependable is more important than whatever connotations an outfit or vehicle carries though, or whether anyone's going to judge the outfit.

• Amy Vinewood and SHOKKERZ91 like this

pptz84
  • pptz84

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

When you're level 56, you know how to drive a car and how to hold a gun, so no need to wait before joining heists ;-)

Level doesn't say much about your performance in heist. Experience with the heists themselves does, so why not start practicing.

You could also turn things around: ppl don't mind an occasional f*ck up from low level players if they try hard. So this is the time to allow yourself an occasional f*ck up while gaining experience. 

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

Equip utility-vest and start heist mission. Put on a scarf over the interaction menu to remove the vest. Normal speed with the protection. In PS use that trick AFTER the cutscene where you have to leave the bank. Otherwise the protection is gone.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

FR 12.7

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Hécate-II, 2 weeks ago.

A full black heavy combat outfit and black patent Insurgent.

Thats how I play heist. Heavy Vest to stay safe from NPC, Insurgent to stay safe from my "teammates". 

Ofc the Heavy Vest don't protect peoples against their own stupidity, e.g peoples abusing sticky bombs, crashing with aircrafts...etc, but the Player Outfit+ Leader wearing his Heavy Vest is a good start, for me its a sine qua non condition. I just can't considere seriously a heist leader who pick "Team Leader Outfit" or something, and chose Penguin Suit+Doll/Chimp/stupid mask. 

78078245259520170fdsf239021.jpg

• SHOKKERZ91 likes this

username101
  • username101

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by username101, 2 weeks ago.

Heavy Vest + Kuruma + Micro SMG is what i'd recommend. Of course the Host/Leader has to enable Player Saved Outfits under the Heist Clothing setting in mission lobby so you can wear the vest. There's only three Heist missions where the Heavy Vest is available by default from the Outfits selection: Humane Labs - EMP / Valkyrie and the Final

pptz84
  • pptz84

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago Edited by pptz84, A week ago.

@ Shokkerz91: And be sure no-one dies, since the second time your extra armor is gone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users