110 replies to this topic
CoolBean
  • CoolBean

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

Over to you GTAIV remaster. :whistle:

So IF this is coming late April we should get word of it sometime this month?

• InfiniteTias and Arrows to Athens like this

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Over to you GTAIV remaster. :whistle:

So IF this is coming late April we should get word of it sometime this month?

Yep I kept telling people we should get a announcement this month if happening

InfiniteTias
  • InfiniteTias

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 3 weeks ago

Let's pray it will happen

• Devdevi45 and CoolBean like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but previous 10th anniversary gtas haven't been released on their anniversary month?

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 3 weeks ago.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but previous 10th anniversary gtas haven't been released on their anniversary month?

The HD remaster of San Andreas was. Not sure about the others though.
  • StormerBoy likes this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Helegad, 3 weeks ago.

Well, here's something: I was looking on Google weeks ago for anything about a IV PS4 release. I came across this Rockstar support topic about a remaster that was answered with "We don't have any info to share about this right now." or something.

I went looking for it today and the topic was deleted.

Google result for it:

Capture.png

Cached answer:

Capture.png

• EVOLUT7ON and InfiniteTias like this

WarZoneTheDriver
  • WarZoneTheDriver

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by WarZoneTheDriver, 3 weeks ago.

Unfortunately I think that's one of R*s automated replies. But I still have hope for a PS4 release.

The dream would be to connect Liberty City with GTAO, and your character keeps his clothes, cash and stats but your LS cars stay in LS as with your guns. With brand new car websites that don't sell weaponized vehicles (straight away at least) they can save LC from being an unbalanced nightmare are if done correctly.
  • EVOLUT7ON likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately I think that's one of R*s automated replies. But I still have hope for a PS4 release.

The dream would be to connect Liberty City with GTAO, and your character keeps his clothes, cash and stats but your LS cars stay in LS as with your guns. With brand new car websites that don't sell weaponized vehicles (straight away at least) they can save LC from being an unbalanced nightmare are if done correctly.

God no. Just leave IV as it is. No need to merge it with the sh*t storm that is the memified GTA V.

• R4gN0r0K and InfiniteTias like this

Boozey St James
  • Boozey St James

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

would a remaster be possible, considering the lawsuit with Michael Hollack?

If the game were to be re-released, would he be entitled to royalties since it is now for a "new" console?

(Repost)

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 5 days ago

If the game were to be re-released, would he be entitled to royalties since it is now for a "new" console?

(Repost)

I doubt it. I'm presuming R* has a clause somewhere that allows them to use whatever recorded material from VA's they have obtained through development. Heavy emphasis on presuming, I don't know much law.

TheFranchise
  • TheFranchise

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

I could see a summer or winter DLC scenario where Rockstar releases a GTA IV remaster and introduces Liberty City to GTA:O simultaneously.

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 days ago

I'd go for a remaster for a resurrection of the online multi-player if nothing else. Most game modes are completely dead on PS3 and if you're lucky, you can get a few hours in free mode before a modder shows up.

But I'm fine with today's Rockstar not touching any of their classics. GTA is my childhood's 'Star Wars'. GTA V is The Phantom Menace.

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago

If Rockstar do release a remaster, I think the cutscenes/models of Johnny and Luis should be replaced with the ones from EFLC as they should be.

z33zus
  • z33zus

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

I'm hoping for a remaster or a refresh. It'd be great to have it remastered for the XB1X or PS4 Pro, but I wish they'd have more shops, cars, properties, etc to buy. The ability to buy houses all over the map and stash nice ass vehicles in GTASA added a lot to its replay value for me. GTA IV was by far my favorite story, but once the story was over, it kinda sucked to have all that money but nothing to spend it on. Also, if GTA IV does end up getting re-released, the swing glitch MUST be included!

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Zello, 4 days ago.

(Repost)

Michael Hollick never filed a lawsuit. He just made some comments about not getting paid enough that were blown out of proportion. He doesn't own the character R* does.

Ray Liotta also complained about money but Vice city has been rereleased multiple times so...
  • RetroMystic and Boozey St James like this

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Efreet, 4 days ago.

Technology wise, Grand Theft Auto IV was the first game that ran on RAGE and it now feels a bit backward in that sense, and also control wise, compared to the large improvements seen in Redemption and V. Redemption might be a better contender for a remaster since it'd fuel up the hype toward the release of the successor, but it's now only available on X1 through Backward Compatibility and on PS4 through PS Now. Mafia 2 and IV are now available through BC, and Max Payne 3 may follow. If it wasn't for the unique Switch version, L.A.Noire might not have seen an enhanced re-release. 

• Holland_Hicks and Derrick_Keno like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by The American Army 1775, 4 days ago.

Yes, obviously. I own both PS4 and Xb1. So it shouldn't be a problem. But the game should not degraded be like the LCS and SA remasters.

Derrick_Keno
  • Derrick_Keno

GTA3 AESTHETICS

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 4 days ago

The remastered version of GTA IV needs to be filled with hidden beta content.

Holland_Hicks
  • Holland_Hicks

Big L R.I.P.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

I so badly want a remaster, but is there really a need or want to by Rockstar? Also, certain aspects of that game don't hold up particularly well, like the controls.

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

Not sure if it's true but I seen an apparent "Premium version" of 5 on amazon. Hope to god it's clickbait. That would be some major bullsh*t if Rockstar release that overplayed crap and not a IV remaster.

Boozey St James
  • Boozey St James

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

(Repost)

Michael Hollick never filed a lawsuit. He just made some comments about not getting paid enough that were blown out of proportion. He doesn't own the character R* does.

Ray Liotta also complained about money but Vice city has been rereleased multiple times so...

Thank you for clearing that up!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users