Are you hoping for a Gta IV remaster?

65 replies to this topic
KGBeast
  • KGBeast

A little Hoagy Carmichael

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:41 PM

I don't want a full on remaster. Using higher res versions of the existing textures and upping the resolution possibly to 4K would be about it. Too much fussing and you'd lose what made IV look so great in the first place.

What really needs to be done is normalize the experience between the three stories. The stuff from the episodes needs to be available in IV. Use the final models for Johnny, Jim, Luis, Tony, Bulgarin, etc. when they appear. Let Niko have all the weapons, vehicles, and features introduced in the episodes. Plus combine all the radio stations. If you have IV plus the digital versions of the two episodes they're all put together, but you can't have the three exclusive stations from EFLC that way. That's all I've ever really wanted.

Dmitriy
  • Dmitriy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:20 AM Edited by Dmitriy, 27 October 2017 - 02:21 AM.

If judge by comments under new L.A. Noire 4K Trailer, there're masses of fans who like GTA IV too and beg Rockstar for its port / remaster   :beerhat:

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

FeelsAmazingMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:37 AM Edited by Gravarty, 27 October 2017 - 11:45 AM.

I'm still thinking about on how R* is even capable to port GTA IV to PS4/XONE. They theoretically have to completely recompile the game again and adjust it a lot, since the console version is really stripped down. R* can do it, no question, but as we all know T2 doesn't give a f*ck about what people want and only release games that generates a lot of money (cough GTA: Online). They could use the PC version which is x86, but that's also a horrible port. I'm guessing that R* is going to release it on PS Now and that's it.. GTA IV is already playable on XONE just fine with backwards compatibility.

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:14 PM Edited by The American Army 1775, 27 October 2017 - 04:14 PM.

As we saw, there are remasters for Assassin's Creed II and GTA SA for console versions. Both the remasters sucked coz they didn't maintain their quality.

I can agree with San Andreas and as speaking as someone who doesn't really care for the game that "remaster" was a joke, but what's wrong with the Assassin's Creed II remaster? I have the Ezio collection on PS4 and seems fine to me.
I have got TEC on Xbox One and both ACII and BH suck coz of their "Over-Remaster" thing.
Let's pardon the AC thing.

See GTA LCS. You will notice remarkable number of differences when you compare it's ports of PS2 and iOS.
Definitely, PS2 Port was better than the new 10th Ann "Remastered" Version del iOS.
R* shall not repeat its mistake for 3rd time.

Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

I would love for them to not touch anything graphically. However, add anti aliasing and import all assets from the DLCs into one base game. Meaning you can play as Niko and have access to all weapons from TLAD and TBGT. Same for cars, places etc. Same for Jonny, have access to all TBOGT weapons and cars.

One can dream.

• Gravarty, ROCKSTAR MANIC and Ivellios like this

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

FeelsAmazingMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:23 PM Edited by Gravarty, 08 November 2017 - 09:25 PM.

..and fix the DLC textures, which are still lowres on PC :D
But other than that, IV still looks modern today and doesn't really need better textures.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users