Photo

Are you hoping for a Gta IV remaster?

56 replies to this topic
Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:13 PM Edited by Journey_95, 23 July 2017 - 09:27 PM.

Something I thought of last night instead of a remaster as such I'd love a version (Let's call it the ultimate edition) that combines GTA IV/EFLC meaning all side missions, weapons, vehicles etc each game introduced co-exist with each other and all the missions are placed in chronological order.

Of course you'd probably need GTA V's switching mechanic for it to work though. It'd be ambitious as hell, but that sounds more tantalising to me than a straight forward remaster. Can only dream.

If that happens I think there should be an option and you shouldn't be forced to play the missions in chronological order. Its nice to do once but at the end TLAD and TBOGT are just DLC's and I think that they take away from the impact of GTA IV's story  (which is complete and rather long) if you divide the time between them.

I would definitely like to see all the weapons, vehicles etc. from the DLC in GTA IV though. And if they added the clubs to IV it would be hilarious to see Niko dancing.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:03 PM

Something I thought of last night instead of a remaster as such I'd love a version (Let's call it the ultimate edition) that combines GTA IV/EFLC meaning all side missions, weapons, vehicles etc each game introduced co-exist with each other and all the missions are placed in chronological order.

Of course you'd probably need GTA V's switching mechanic for it to work though. It'd be ambitious as hell, but that sounds more tantalising to me than a straight forward remaster. Can only dream.

If that happens I think there should be an option and you shouldn't be forced to play the missions in chronological order. Its nice to do once but at the end TLAD and TBOGT are just DLC's and I think that they take away from the impact of GTA IV's story  (which is complete and rather long) if you divide the time between them.

I would definitely like to see all the weapons, vehicles etc. from the DLC in GTA IV though. And if they added the clubs to IV it would be hilarious to see Niko dancing.

They could add a "remix" option (Similar to the one used in Beyond: Two Souls) and the standard way how the missions play out I guess.

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:11 PM

I still have my original copy from 2008 on PS3 :evilgrin:  I play it sometimes.

I'm waiting for 2018

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:45 AM

Niko needs Parachutes and sticky bombs. Also don't close off interiors after missions like Bahama Mammas.

PipB
  • PipB

Liberty City Swingers

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:08 PM

After they announced LA Noir remaster and still 3-4(?) years to GTA VI, I wouldn't be surprised if they remaster IV and have Liberty City in GTA Online.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I always hoped someone would make this a total conversion mod for GTA V. Shame LibertyV was cancelled.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I wouldn't be so sure, but knowing next year is the 10th Anivsersaty of IV in April. It would be an amazing Idea if they release a complete remastered updated graphics GTA 4 with its DLCs right before the launch of RDR2 in may. Just like they will do with L.A. Noire, I'm sure they can do IV, its possible.

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Rickzu, 4 weeks ago.

I would love to see a remaster of some sorts. I don't mean change the game or anything, but I would like to see some technical improvements.

Native AA support wouldn't hurt and some things like removal of GFWL would be nice. I don't know how the Steam version handles things, but my boxed copy of IV I bought in 2008 is sometimes a bit of a pain to get running on Windows 10. Original IV and EFLC are also unstable and crash fairly often. Some slight improvements in lighting and textures would be nice too, but not necessary.

Eventually the game will NEED a remaster or a re-release, because a time will come when it simply will not run on modern systems at all. Or you need to emulate an older runtime environment and hardware which might be tough in the near future.

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Steam version still needs GFWL and Rockstar Social Club unfortunately. What a joke they really need to update the existing game to not use that crap.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 4 weeks ago

It no longer needs Social Club.

• StormBreaker likes this

G8 B8 M8
  • G8 B8 M8

i r8 8/8

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't need and want a remaster, i need patch 1.0.9.0.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Bro, id love that, you may not change the mechanics\gameplay but at least change the graphics!!

Thread necromacy time. Was reliving GTA IV rolling with Niko (with Jason Statham's head) and remasterd 100% LC with mods

Anyways, isn't that what ground breaking mods like Viva NYC, Big City Life, Farnsworth 2.0 Biz mod, and the interactivity mod were for?   :lol: Think I'm going to install that snow mod and check out the car physics running missions, driving around town, dating, races and doing side activities in that. 

GTA IV physics really shows just how much of a joke driving an 18 wheeler up Mt. Chilliad really is.  In fact, GTA V vehicle handling in the snow is the closest R* has come to realism where vehicle physics are concerned to date.  :facedesk:

Trooper Fera
  • Trooper Fera

Are you late to the abortion clinic?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

All I want is a stable framerate and better textures and resolution. Those are my only gripes I have currently. (PS3 port has crap framerate)

• StormBreaker likes this

charles8777
  • charles8777

Player Hater

• Members
  • Honduras

Posted 4 weeks ago

that unlikely because is avalaible on Xbox One via backward compatility

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister
  • Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not long now before April 2018
We deserve our remaster! We neeeed!it. And not on the phone govna because who would want to kill 200 pigeons on a phone XD or even play all the episodes. It surly would be the biggest phone game of all time if it did come out anyway

Rockstar always making history even with remakes 👍

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

There's that new cowboys and indians game coming so when that lands we can pretty much guarantee R* have forgotten about IV a long time ago.

EtherTakeover
  • EtherTakeover

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by EtherTakeover, 2 weeks ago.

I hope Rockstar releases a remastered version of GTA 4 with all the dlcs included with the beta content into one game early this december like how they released the remastered version of GTA SA one year early.

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I am expecting a total and a quality remaster for both IV and EFLC. May they remaster this game in such a way that it won't suck to New Gen gamers.
As we saw, there are remasters for Assassin's Creed II and GTA SA for console versions. Both the remasters sucked coz they didn't maintain their quality.
I hope the same not happen for IV.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

As we saw, there are remasters for Assassin's Creed II and GTA SA for console versions. Both the remasters sucked coz they didn't maintain their quality.

I can agree with San Andreas and as speaking as someone who doesn't really care for the game that "remaster" was a joke, but what's wrong with the Assassin's Creed II remaster? I have the Ezio collection on PS4 and seems fine to me.

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Increasing ped and vehicle density is a must imo. The console games have pretty barren streets which is not what New York is like.

• jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

if they are working on a LA Noire Remastered version then i don't doubt it they'll do it with GTA IV ... that's if it ever happen's . 

Next year mark's the 10th anniversary of the game so that'd be a pretty understandable time for Rockstar to remaster it.

But who's knows though... guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hope they don't mess this one up though like they did with Gta SA & how much i love that game.., not! lol

simond1986
  • simond1986

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

it wont come its already back compat on xbone

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nah.....I've thoroughly enjoyed it on PC modded with stunning ENBs, so I've no need lol

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister
  • Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I would love earning all the achievements again

PacketOverload_x64bit
  • PacketOverload_x64bit

"Mutt of the ENB World"

• Members
  • Canada
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 2 weeks ago

the entire GTA4 title belongs in at LEAST the GTA5 engine. Same with Vice City. I'd shell out HUGE dollars to have Vice and IV in the V engine. New (V) engine sounds, gunfire and ambient and take the exact dialogue files from the old titles would be good enough. That'd be my dream come true.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I hope so. When they announced LA Noire remaster I got excited hoping RDR 1 and GTA IV could have a chance at it. GTA IV's pc version is absolute f*cking garbage, lag fest! I can run GTA V just freaking fine but GTA IV? Nope! So using mods is out of the question, I prefer playing on console anyways. And RDR is console exclusive...

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

If R*  we're to remaster GTA:IV, It will run at 1080p and 60fps on current consoles. They could also add the PC exclusive features like R* editor, 30 player freemode, and better multiplayer character models. Hopefully They would also include more meaningful rewards for the collectables in the game.

It would also be cool for R* to include the weapons and vehicles that were exclusive to TLaD and TBoGT into the regular GTA:IV story mode. 

Other than that though, what else could R* do?

I just hope it isn't as awful as the GTA:SA 10th anniversary "REMASTER". <-- I'm still pissed off about that crap. :v:  :v: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users