Are you hoping for a Gta IV remaster?

31 replies to this topic
cristeo
  • cristeo

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Bro, id love that, you may not change the mechanics\gameplay but at least change the graphics!!

anthony
  • anthony

Welcome to Burger Shots mother f*ckeeeer!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by anthony, A week ago.

Dunno, the graphics in general, the atmosphere, how the lighting is etc is what make the game special too, so why change ? I don't care about a remaster because I love how the game is and I still play it on xbox 360.

cristeo
  • cristeo

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Dunno, the graphics in general, the atmosphere, how the lighting is etc is what make the game special too, so why change ? I don't care about a remaster because I love how the game is and I still play it on xbox 360.

Im playing Ballad of Gay Tony right now :)

• anthony likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, A week ago.

GTA IV is aging pretty well IMO, specially compared to San Andreas, only 4 years before, where characters didn't even have fingers, the only thing it would need are some better textures.

But personally, I'm not expecting it, at all. At most we'll see a Newswire post and some stuff on GTA Online, probably vehicles that were in GTA IV.

I also completelly forgot, Trailer 2 became 10 years old two weeks ago:

• CartmanKusanagi likes this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

The could remaster it but please dont make it look like V.

• SlavicSquat likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

I really don't think it's necessary. Graphically it still holds up well and I reckon they'd tinker with it too much to please the "it's too dark and depressing" crowd by toning down the saturation, browns, greys etc. Everything that gives GTA IV its unique/noir-ish look.

Basically don't fix what isn't broken. Besides given the San Andreas "remaster" and R*'s ghastly obsession with GTAO I don't trust them enough to give GTA IV a remaster it deserves.
  • CartmanKusanagi, ProKiller93 and Payne Killer like this

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

Flat-Earther

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

Hell yeah. I miss GTA IV a lot, I'd love to play it again on PS4.

HigorSm
  • HigorSm

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by HigorSm, A week ago.

I would love a remaster of the game, but looking at other 'remasters' of Rockstar games like GTA San Andreas and Bully, i don't expect anything good,

Rockstar will probably change all sky values to 255 255 255/s making the game super saturated and ruin its atmosphere..oh and remove 90% of the radio songs too.

SabreGT7
  • SabreGT7

And the winner by knockout is...!

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Not really, to be honest, I don't see the point of remastering games that are nearly a decade old just for the sake of making them look a little more pretty. 

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Twilight crawled across the sky, laden with foreboding.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

Maybe if Sony would stop being bitches then people could have it backwards compatible on PS4 by now.
  • Zello likes this

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Token black guy.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I rather for them to just focus on a new gta game 1st and remaster it at a later date.

cristeo
  • cristeo

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I rather for them to just focus on a new gta game 1st and remaster it at a later date.

They have time to for both things  :alien:

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister
  • Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

They will probably remaster it on consoles only and add first person view or something gimmicky.

VNGaming039
  • VNGaming039

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Vietnam

Posted A week ago

im playing gta 4 on ps3, its a bit choppy and the graphics are not to good.im looking foward to gta 4 remastered on,i dunno,ps5? :lol:

cristeo
  • cristeo

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

im playing gta 4 on ps3, its a bit choppy and the graphics are not to good.im looking foward to gta 4 remastered on,i dunno,ps5? :lol:

10th year anniversary next year, they normally do something

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

I'd love a remaster, but just don't give me any friggin errors. Running 4 properly is a pain

RatedRony
  • RatedRony

Give the pain The Finger

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted A week ago

remaster should be just higher res, AA and stable 60fps for consoles... nothing more tbh
hoping it runs better on xbox x as im finally getting new gen console :D
for pc just optimize it better idk :D

cristeo
  • cristeo

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

remaster should be just higher res, AA and stable 60fps for consoles... nothing more tbh
hoping it runs better on xbox x as im finally getting new gen console :D
for pc just optimize it better idk :D

I just got a ps4 today and im loving the games :D

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Darealbandicoot, A week ago.

Definitely would love a remaster but I fear the spoiled child that is gta online will creep into it bringing pink dollar rims and little kids dressed in purple underwear with it. Anyways maybe uprez the graphics a bit and MAYBE add in an option to equip the fingerless gloves and enter interiors like Romans cab depot office for example. Also maybe bring back things like being able to customise Johnny's outfit, be able to bring Tony with you on friend activities etc. And MAYBE more safe houses or a quick save option like gta v being added to the phone?

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rip andrea. a great twd character.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Yes I really hope they remaster 4. That would be awesome. And yes I want them to add first person view. As long as they tweaked it make it a little bit better. I can only imagine how cool it would be to walk on the streets of Liberty City in first person. And also the gun fights and driving the cars would be cool to in first person. Maybe touch of the graphics a little bit but not a whole lot. They don't even have to add much either except maybe those fingerless gloves and unlock some of the Interiors. Maybe even add some of the cut content that was cut originally. And also can you imagine how awesome multiplayer would be it wouldn't have to be like GTA online. The same multiplayer from GTA IV only on new generation. And also no more modders wouldn't that be amazing.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted A week ago

Remaster on XBOX ONE/PS4 should just be what GTA IV looks like when maxed on PC.

Man, playing this on PC at 2160p, unmodded, the game still looks f*cking great.
  • MiamiViceCity likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

PS4 port

RoosterTheGamer
  • RoosterTheGamer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 5 days ago

I would love if they would fix the PC port, because GTA IV still is a pretty good place for modding and having fun and not all of us, gamers, have a PS3 or XBOX 360 (i never really wanted a console and i didn't get one because i knew PC would be better for getting something you can easily modify in multiple ways).

Yes I really hope they remaster 4. That would be awesome. And yes I want them to add first person view. As long as they tweaked it make it a little bit better. I can only imagine how cool it would be to walk on the streets of Liberty City in first person. And also the gun fights and driving the cars would be cool to in first person. Maybe touch of the graphics a little bit but not a whole lot. They don't even have to add much either except maybe those fingerless gloves and unlock some of the Interiors. Maybe even add some of the cut content that was cut originally. And also can you imagine how awesome multiplayer would be it wouldn't have to be like GTA online. The same multiplayer from GTA IV only on new generation. And also no more modders wouldn't that be amazing.

Modders? MODDERS??? You definitely meant cheaters, 2 completely different words. Don't ever mix them up!

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Journey_95, 5 days ago.

A remaster would be good if handled right. They shouldn't screw up the atmosphere but better textures would be great, same with a higher res.

IV is showing its age slowly

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 3 days ago

A remaster would be good if handled right. They shouldn't screw up the atmosphere but better textures would be great, same with a higher res.

As someone who still plays this game quite often, I'd say that the game isn't really showing it's age at all. There's a massive difference between different generations of graphics and whatnot, but that doesn't mean a game of yesteryear immediately ages bad at all. The game is almost perfect in every way, and I fear that any remaster would, as previously stated, aim to change the doom-and-gloom grey etc to try and touch it up in some way, but for me, and I said this from the very start, the dark tone of the game was done purposely - Any time I think of LC from GTA3, I automatically picture the rain mixed with dark tones, adding to the 'gangster' tone of the game, and GTA IV only went and replicated this but upgraded it fantastically.

Maybe in another 10 years or so as part of some pckage, but no, for now, there doesn't need to be a remaster of IV.

• MiamiViceCity and Payne Killer like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 2 days ago

As someone who still plays this game quite often, I'd say that the game isn't really showing it's age at all. There's a massive difference between different generations of graphics and whatnot, but that doesn't mean a game of yesteryear immediately ages bad at all. The game is almost perfect in every way, and I fear that any remaster would, as previously stated, aim to change the doom-and-gloom grey etc to try and touch it up in some way, but for me, and I said this from the very start, the dark tone of the game was done purposely - Any time I think of LC from GTA3, I automatically picture the rain mixed with dark tones, adding to the 'gangster' tone of the game, and GTA IV only went and replicated this but upgraded it fantastically.

Maybe in another 10 years or so as part of some pckage, but no, for now, there doesn't need to be a remaster of IV.

The only areas that I feel that are starting to show their age are the character models. Environment, vehicle model wise etc I don't feel like I'm playing a game from 2008 and I regularly play it along side 2017 releases..

It's aged as good as fine wine to me.

• KilnerLUFC and Payne Killer like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Journey_95, 2 days ago.

The only areas that I feel that are starting to show their age are the character models. Environment, vehicle model wise etc I don't feel like I'm playing a game from 2008 and I regularly play it along side 2017 releases..

It's aged as good as fine wine to me.

I was talking about the character models, they look great in cutscenes but in the open world they are really lacking. And LC during the day looks a bit ugly for some reason, during any other time it looks great (especially at night or when its raining, or both. same with when its afternoon, like the orange esque look). 

If they can handle a remaster well (no ruining the game's atmosphere etc.) I definitely want it. Other games from the same time have aged horribly compared to IV, its overall still great to play but there are also room for improvements imho.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

Ivellios
  • Ivellios

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 days ago

The only thing I'd welcome is better optimization, honestly. And maybe higher quality textures.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted A day ago

Something I thought of last night instead of a remaster as such I'd love a version (Let's call it the ultimate edition) that combines GTA IV/EFLC meaning all side missions, weapons, vehicles etc each game introduced co-exist with each other and all the missions are placed in chronological order.

Of course you'd probably need GTA V's switching mechanic for it to work though. It'd be ambitious as hell, but that sounds more tantalising to me than a straight forward remaster. Can only dream.
  • Payne Killer and EtherTakeover like this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted A day ago

A remaster only really interests me for multiplayer revival reasons, but other than that, one isn't really necessary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users