Photo

Yakuza Kiwami

34 replies to this topic
fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:53 AM Edited by fashion, 13 July 2017 - 09:56 AM.

The western release is coming on August 28th. Yakuza Kiwami is a remake of the PS2 original, though it's more than a simple HD upgrade. There are many new additions like new substories, reintroduction of 0's 4-style combat system, new minigames and an overall improvement in quality. It's a perfect way to continue the story of the prequel Yakuza 0, for those who haven't played the first.

The price is 35 euros which is quite cheap. I'm a bit worried that it means the game will be shorter than Yakuza 0 and this time we'll only be playing as Kiryu. The game will most likely play like Yakuza 0 and I bet the graphics and other mechanics will be exactly the same as 0. Still, it's a "new" Yakuza story for newcomers and I consider preordering the steelbook edition. I've been waiting for this ever since finishing 0 and even consider buying a PS3 to experience the rest of the series before Yakuza 6.

Please get rid of the f*cking dancing minigame. Kept me from reaching 100%.
  • Audi, Ivan1997GTA and Nero like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

Whoah! I remember playing the original after the disc miraculously went missing from the DVD rental store I worked at. It was a very unique gaming experience. Looks like a lot of fun. Can't be that bad for 35 yoyos

xxi
  • xxi

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

I can't wait to play this, I never played these in the PS2 era 

Yakuza 0 was so much fun

• Audi likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

I've played the original and it's a great game. This remaster looks pretty cool. 

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:52 AM

Oo, looks kind of interesting. Will have to pay attention to the reviews it gets.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

Best time to start Yakuza 0 NG+ soon. Gonna just follow the story and not repeat the substories for now.

I hope the substories will be of the same quality as 0. It's so funny how Kiryu dealt with his huge Yakuza problems during the story and helps random people in-between. The face he makes when he does those side quests is just too damn funny. He takes everything so serious, from RC racing with a bunch of kids to picking up the phone in a call club to some serious as f*ck karaoke battles... it just makes me heart warm. Such a great franchise.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:04 AM

Oo, looks kind of interesting. Will have to pay attention to the reviews it gets.

So you defeat your own taste and opinion by applying other's above yours.
  • Sunrise Driver likes this

Audi
  • Audi

Merces Letifer

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Switzerland
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:03 AM

yaaaaaas 

• V4S likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:39 AM Edited by luisniko, 14 July 2017 - 05:40 AM.

The price is 35 euros which is quite cheap. I'm a bit worried that it means the game will be shorter than Yakuza 0 and this time we'll only be playing as Kiryu. The game will most likely play like Yakuza 0 and I bet the graphics and other mechanics will be exactly the same as 0. Still, it's a "new" Yakuza story for newcomers and I consider preordering the steelbook edition. I've been waiting for this ever since finishing 0 and even consider buying a PS3 to experience the rest of the series before Yakuza 6.

Please get rid of the f*cking dancing minigame. Kept me from reaching 100%.

Yes, you'll be playing as Kiryu only. He was just got released from prison by the event of the first game.

Fighting mechanic follows the latest one. Many in-game events are also new. The Heat attacks are also new.

Battle Theme BGM is remixed. Yeah, big deal for nostalgia. I didn't play this game, but brother did and I always watched him playing.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:27 AM

What a pompous twat.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:40 AM

What a pompous twat.

Wow. I'm completely on your side and supporting you to be sure of your own interest when choosing a product for yourself, yet you called me "pompous twat".

Grow a backbone, moron.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:55 AM

If any new comers are looking into getting into the Yakuza series, they should definitely title on the PS2, if it's possible. While that game wasn't perfect, and it's still the best way to play this series, mainly just to see how it builds upon it's foundation with future titles.

I think this video really explains it well.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:59 AM Edited by EmSixTeen, 14 July 2017 - 09:24 AM.

What a pompous twat.

Wow. I'm completely on your side and supporting you to be sure of your own interest when choosing a product for yourself, yet you called me "pompous twat".

Grow a backbone, moron.

You made a pompous, pseudo-intelligent presumption as a statement.

That's when I make patronising, arsey comments towards people too.. When I'm 'on their side'.

I'm a grown man with my own opinions and I'll wait for then pay attention to the reviews this gets, ta. Get over yourself.

@Fallcreek - How long are those? If it's not a massive time investment I might have to give that a go.

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

August 28? Excuse me while I go make room on my PS4.

• Audi likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:56 PM Edited by fashion, 15 July 2017 - 05:58 PM.

I couldn't resist and preordered the limited steel book edition for 35 european coins. I read a few experiences from Japaneese people who've played the game and watched some vids (including the one above) and to me the preorder is a safe bet.

Also, the normal boxed edition costs 30 euros, digital preorder costs 35 and includes two themes. No idea whether the themes are included in the steelbook edition or not and I don't really care. I guess the standard price will be 30.

Off topic, but don't games cost the same amout of dollars as euros? Not really fair as the euro is higher than dollar.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

Off topic, but don't games cost the same amout of dollars as euros? Not really fair as the euro is higher than dollar.

I read stories that games are more expensive in Canada and Australia.

In my country for example, a new sealed day 1 copy may cost (roughly) USD43-45 whereas it would cost USD54-55 in neighboring country, which is funny, because the custom here isn't exactly known to be 'clean' and notoriously requires 'lubricant' money most of the time. Lol.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:30 PM

I remember playing the original on the PS2 back in the day. Such an innovative game and a pretty interesting story and characters. Especially for that time. I want this for the PC, but the likelihood of that happening is probably next to zero.

• Rockstar Vienna likes this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:14 AM

Day 1 for sure! Loved the original on the PS2. Just got my Yakuza 0 platinum. What a ride! I'm not a big fan of fighting games or Japanese games in general but damn, Yakuza has always had a special place in my gaming heart. And Yakuza 6 early next year... What a treat!

I want this for the PC, but the likelihood of that happening is probably next to zero.

Well, it's not THAT unlikely imo. Keep your fingers crossed and wait for that announcement.

http://www.pcgamer.c...to-bring-to-pc/

http://www.siliconer...ew-yakuza-game/

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:33 AM Edited by fashion, 27 July 2017 - 09:38 AM.

I actually went through the trouble to create a japaneese account a while back to play the Yakuza 6 demo. It was incredibly annoying to find it in the store not understanding a thing.
The new engine is sexy as hell and looks like a proper PS4 game. It looks less cartoonish and the combat feels even more brutal. It's gonna be tough holding myself back from buying before I experience the rest of the series.

If a Y2 remake isn't coming, I'll watch it on YT and buy a PS3 to play the rest. The series is like one year worth of playtime.
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

Yakuza 1 & 2 HD is a thing on PS3 and WiiU. But in japanese only.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:40 AM Edited by fashion, 27 July 2017 - 09:42 AM.

Yakuza 1 & 2 HD is a thing on PS3 and WiiU. But in japanese only.

HD =/= Remake. Heard about it too. As far as I know, these games are exactly the same upgraded to HD while Kiwami is a remake in the 0 engine.

I'm kinda worried about the general feedback Kiwami will get in the west. People and reviewers might complain this is exactly like 0, with less features and just one city, shorter story. If it won't be received well, the chance of getting Yakuza 2 Kiwami gets slimmer.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:23 PM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 27 July 2017 - 06:24 PM.

why? dont you ear other people oppinion on a daily basis?

or do you buy a game by just looking at the cover? i always look at youtube gameplay videos and some reviews before i commit to buy the game, that doesnt mean you wont take what is being said with a grain of salt

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:22 PM Edited by Journey_95, 28 July 2017 - 08:24 PM.

Played Yakuza 3, 4 and 5. Solid games with a lot of charm and things to do but the stories are really terrible and soap opera esque. The deaths especially have all been cringeworthy and repetitive..

Feels like the great VA's and overall high quality cutscenes are wasted on such bad writing.  Or maybe its so bad that its somehow entertaining..

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:11 AM

or do you buy a game by just looking at the cover?

I wouldn't have said that if this was how I choose a game to buy..

I've dealt with many people in my local gaming forum who often posted that they're really interested in a game but ended up not buying because the popular opinion by reviewers and ratings said it's bad. This is really a trendy yet sad practice nowadays. And that's why I would like to remind people everytime although sorry, I may be a bit blunt with my text.

I agree with how you choose your game. I do the same and except reading reviews, I go to discussion board and forums to find out more about the game if there are bugs and so on.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:24 AM

HD =/= Remake. Heard about it too. As far as I know, these games are exactly the same upgraded to HD while Kiwami is a remake in the 0 engine.

That's right. HD basically just a port.
Kiwami is total remake, using the latest combat system, AND extended with more features and event.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:30 AM

I can't find the yakuza 0 topic.

Jesus christ. Just when you thought you saw everything in Yakuza 0, there's still one secret real estate manager lurking in the shadows.

Nugget.

I'm dying.
  • O.Z likes this

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Luna 51, 4 weeks ago.

There is a leak in PS Store in Taiwanese indicating there will be a Yakuza Kiwami 2 December 7 2017, though NA and EU will take a while ofc
  • fashion likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Richard Power Colt, 4 weeks ago.

Kinda related to this, apparently the same devs are making a Fist Of The North Star game that's similar to Yakuza:

Never actually played any Yakuza games, but I heard they're pretty bonkers and fun. I might pick up one of them since I don't have anything to play on my PS4 right now.

• Jinx. likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 4 weeks ago.

^^ Good to see you're interested. Just make sure you know what you're getting into. Yakuza is a very.. specific series and there are some things in it that might look pretty dated to you. The map is a tiny hubworld and there are many invincible walls, there is A LOT of reading, not everything is voice acted and some substories and minigames are quite perverted.
None of this holds back the joy of playing these games though.

Never played Fist of the North Star before.

Anyways, I have my hopes up that my preorder arrives on time tomorrow. Also, f*ck youtube. My youtube frontpage has been full of yakuza related videos, many of them contained spoilers in the title.

I already know who the final boss is :/

Edit: yes, my game is on the way and it'll be there tomorrow. I'm hyped.
  • Audi likes this

Audi
  • Audi

Merces Letifer

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Switzerland
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

Man cant wait. I should probably finish Yakuza 0 before I hop on this though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users