Photo

Yakuza Kiwami

16 replies to this topic
fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by fashion, A week ago.

The western release is coming on August 28th. Yakuza Kiwami is a remake of the PS2 original, though it's more than a simple HD upgrade. There are many new additions like new substories, reintroduction of 0's 4-style combat system, new minigames and an overall improvement in quality. It's a perfect way to continue the story of the prequel Yakuza 0, for those who haven't played the first.

The price is 35 euros which is quite cheap. I'm a bit worried that it means the game will be shorter than Yakuza 0 and this time we'll only be playing as Kiryu. The game will most likely play like Yakuza 0 and I bet the graphics and other mechanics will be exactly the same as 0. Still, it's a "new" Yakuza story for newcomers and I consider preordering the steelbook edition. I've been waiting for this ever since finishing 0 and even consider buying a PS3 to experience the rest of the series before Yakuza 6.

Please get rid of the f*cking dancing minigame. Kept me from reaching 100%.
  • Audi, Ivan1997GTA and Arthur Fookin Shelby like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted A week ago

Whoah! I remember playing the original after the disc miraculously went missing from the DVD rental store I worked at. It was a very unique gaming experience. Looks like a lot of fun. Can't be that bad for 35 yoyos

xxi
  • xxi

pretty n nasty

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted A week ago

I can't wait to play this, I never played these in the PS2 era 

Yakuza 0 was so much fun

• Audi likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I've played the original and it's a great game. This remaster looks pretty cool. 

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

Oo, looks kind of interesting. Will have to pay attention to the reviews it gets.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Best time to start Yakuza 0 NG+ soon. Gonna just follow the story and not repeat the substories for now.

I hope the substories will be of the same quality as 0. It's so funny how Kiryu dealt with his huge Yakuza problems during the story and helps random people in-between. The face he makes when he does those side quests is just too damn funny. He takes everything so serious, from RC racing with a bunch of kids to picking up the phone in a call club to some serious as f*ck karaoke battles... it just makes me heart warm. Such a great franchise.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Oo, looks kind of interesting. Will have to pay attention to the reviews it gets.

So you defeat your own taste and opinion by applying other's above yours.

Audi
  • Audi

ヤクザ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

yaaaaaas 

• V4S likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by luisniko, A week ago.

The price is 35 euros which is quite cheap. I'm a bit worried that it means the game will be shorter than Yakuza 0 and this time we'll only be playing as Kiryu. The game will most likely play like Yakuza 0 and I bet the graphics and other mechanics will be exactly the same as 0. Still, it's a "new" Yakuza story for newcomers and I consider preordering the steelbook edition. I've been waiting for this ever since finishing 0 and even consider buying a PS3 to experience the rest of the series before Yakuza 6.

Please get rid of the f*cking dancing minigame. Kept me from reaching 100%.

Yes, you'll be playing as Kiryu only. He was just got released from prison by the event of the first game.

Fighting mechanic follows the latest one. Many in-game events are also new. The Heat attacks are also new.

Battle Theme BGM is remixed. Yeah, big deal for nostalgia. I didn't play this game, but brother did and I always watched him playing.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

What a pompous twat.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

What a pompous twat.

Wow. I'm completely on your side and supporting you to be sure of your own interest when choosing a product for yourself, yet you called me "pompous twat".

Grow a backbone, moron.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Creatively Constipated

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

If any new comers are looking into getting into the Yakuza series, they should definitely title on the PS2, if it's possible. While that game wasn't perfect, and it's still the best way to play this series, mainly just to see how it builds upon it's foundation with future titles.

I think this video really explains it well.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago Edited by EmSixTeen, A week ago.

What a pompous twat.

Wow. I'm completely on your side and supporting you to be sure of your own interest when choosing a product for yourself, yet you called me "pompous twat".

Grow a backbone, moron.

You made a pompous, pseudo-intelligent presumption as a statement.

That's when I make patronising, arsey comments towards people too.. When I'm 'on their side'.

I'm a grown man with my own opinions and I'll wait for then pay attention to the reviews this gets, ta. Get over yourself.

@Fallcreek - How long are those? If it's not a massive time investment I might have to give that a go.

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

All Directions

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

August 28? Excuse me while I go make room on my PS4.

• Audi likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by fashion, 5 days ago.

I couldn't resist and preordered the limited steel book edition for 35 european coins. I read a few experiences from Japaneese people who've played the game and watched some vids (including the one above) and to me the preorder is a safe bet.

Also, the normal boxed edition costs 30 euros, digital preorder costs 35 and includes two themes. No idea whether the themes are included in the steelbook edition or not and I don't really care. I guess the standard price will be 30.

Off topic, but don't games cost the same amout of dollars as euros? Not really fair as the euro is higher than dollar.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Off topic, but don't games cost the same amout of dollars as euros? Not really fair as the euro is higher than dollar.

I read stories that games are more expensive in Canada and Australia.

In my country for example, a new sealed day 1 copy may cost (roughly) USD43-45 whereas it would cost USD54-55 in neighboring country, which is funny, because the custom here isn't exactly known to be 'clean' and notoriously requires 'lubricant' money most of the time. Lol.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 5 days ago

I remember playing the original on the PS2 back in the day. Such an innovative game and a pretty interesting story and characters. Especially for that time. I want this for the PC, but the likelihood of that happening is probably next to zero.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users