Quantcast

» «
Photo

Special ammo types - results by numbers are in!

45 replies to this topic
Mrs. Buzz
  • Mrs. Buzz

Formerly godtrams | forever helisexual ;)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

TL;DR (for now, will come back this evening after dinner :colgate: ), anyway:

<big snip>

Overall, here's my recommendations for weapons and ammo types :-

Pistol Mk.2 = Hollow Point rounds 

SMG Mk.2 = FMJ rounds

Assault Rifle Mk.2 = Armour Piercing rounds

Carbine Rifle Mk.2 = Standard ammunition

Combat MG Mk.2 = Incendiary rounds or standard ammunition

Heavy Sniper Mk.2 = Explosive rounds. 

^^ thank you very much for that :) :^:

• Gaffa™ and Happy Hunter like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

UNPHASED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

FMJ rounds shred thru any windows. I have them on my AK and use them often.
  • Gaffa™ likes this

HKM87
  • HKM87

HotRod

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

So you need 2 shots of explosive ammo to take down the chopper in survival?

Bummer, should be just one.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:49 AM Edited by Gridl0k, 13 July 2017 - 11:49 AM.

Bummer, should be just one.

Tail rotor or engine ;)

edit - the choppers I blew up in one shot to the engine were unoccupied, so maybe just tail rotor.

• Gaffa™ likes this

pie4july
  • pie4july

Geologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

Gaffa,

As a scientist, I always appreciate seeing methodical testing. Your tests sound like they were set up well with little chance for human error. Wonderful job, and everything was perfectly well written. Thank you for sharing your results with the community. I may change up some of my ammo types based on your results and recommendations.
  • Gaffa™, hei3enberg, Gridl0k and 2 others like this

555-We-Tip
  • 555-We-Tip

He's got half of Mexico in here!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

Many thanks for putting this together. I will definitely be using this information. That is, when I finally unlock it all.
  • Gaffa™ likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:06 PM Edited by Pedinhuh, 13 July 2017 - 01:10 PM.

I always thought FMJ rounds shreds through vehicle's health regardless of them being armored or not.

I use it as a last ditch defense against NPC helicopters when I'm out of missiles and explosive bullets and I though it's quite effective.

Maybe should give it normal mk2 ammo then?

EDIT: they DO shreds through vehicles health regardless of armor. I just misread it.
  • Gaffa™ likes this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

Thanks, at least all the information is legible - I had nightmares of it being a mindf*ck. ;)

Yeah depending on your play style, this could be more helpful to some than others. If you were using explosive rounds on the Heavy Sniper Mk.2, I'd suggest you ONLY use those rounds for vehicles including aircraft, because for players and NPC enemies, it's a bit of an expensive waste. The 230 DPR of standard ammo combined with an 8 round extended magazine is far better for taking out personnel - as long as you can get your shots on target. 

I did actually start out using the FMJs with the Combat MG Mk.2 for vehicle shredding power, but then that was always my go-to weapon for dealing with enemies. Even though I've got the FMJ's on the SMG Mk.2, that's only really used for armoured vehicle windows from the likes of Business Resupply missions or when they're driving APCs or Police Transporters, etc. 

Explosive rounds should probably be available for the Pistol Mk.2, I'd have just given them a limited range (the usual 120 metres) and half the damage of the other explosive rounds on the Heavy Sniper Mk.2.

• hei3enberg, Gridl0k, Pedinhuh and 1 other like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:34 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 13 July 2017 - 02:35 PM.

So

Combat MG + AP ammo for use on players

Carbine with standard ammo for missions/general use

AK with incendiary for sh*ts n ggls

SMG with FMJ for any BP vehicle that might turn up

Seem fair? The pistol is a waste of time AFAICT. It should have had "taser" rounds. And the sniper goes boom, of course.

• Gaffa™, hei3enberg, Rafae and 3 others like this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:52 AM

Updated with explosive information for the Insurgent Pick-Up Custom and Technical Custom. 

Also added "Sticky Bomb vs Vehicles" section to the table with the relevant numbers. So this should give people an idea of what weapon is best to use for their targets. Quite interesting that the Police Riot will survive 9 sticky bombs, but is generally useless against other types of explosive. So for example, it might be better to stop your vehicle, get out and take aim with the RPG for that vehicle, whereas if you're being chased by an APC, it would be ideal to use sticky bombs. 

• Gridl0k, R3CON and A.Nothingman like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 3 weeks ago

Let's say a particular player very much sucks at PvP, gets owned in freemode a lot, when faced with another player on foot.

Which weapon/ammo combination would be suggested to help this player out?

Asking for a friend.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Let's say a particular player very much sucks at PvP, gets owned in freemode a lot, when faced with another player on foot.

Asking for a friend.

Combat MG MKII with an extended mag.

Even without the special ammo types this thing is a BEAST after the MKII upgrade. The special ammo is too limited anyway but if I had to suggest one I'd say the Armor Piercing Rounds.
  • Gaffa™ and Mach1bud like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Mach1bud, 3 weeks ago.

Asking for a friend.

Combat MG MKII with an extended mag.

Even without the special ammo types this thing is a BEAST after the MKII upgrade. The special ammo is too limited anyway but if I had to suggest one I'd say the Armor Piercing Rounds.
Based on his limited encounters with other people, I'd say AP would be the best choice. Doesn't need much ammo.
  • Gaffa™ likes this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

To be fair, most of the standard ammo types are generally decent enough (so I'd probably go with the Combat MG Mk.2) and with the limitations on the "Gucci" magazine types, often they're not even worth it. 

Otherwise, I've had a lot of success with Hollow Points with respawning players (as they often don't re-equip armour) on the SMG Mk.2 bringing it's damage up to the same sort of level as the Combat MG Mk.2, with the added advantage of it being usable on motorcycles. 

If he gets close up, then the Assault Shotgun would be best, and rushing people with the Mini-SMG hoping it's insane rate of fire scores you a headshot can also be fun. A lot of the time, it's trial and error though - what works best for you, may not work best for me - kind of thing. 

• Rafae and Mach1bud like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

^ Pretty much. Even without the MKII upgrade the Combat MG was always a monster but after it oh my god. FMJ rounds you'd wanna keep mainly for vehicles but since you said "players" AP rounds are what you want here.
  • Gaffa™ and Mach1bud like this

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by -RP-, 3 weeks ago.

So basically like all stat bars in this game, when they show damage bar increasing with these dif ammo types, its all bs?  R* logic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users