Quantcast

» «
Photo

Fight Net Neutrality, Save the Internet!

97 replies to this topic
Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

Everytime a dictator makes a coup one of the things he always does is taking the control of the medias, never forget it.

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:42 AM

Which country do you live in?

The problem isn't capitalism but the concentration of powers.

Indonesia. In my opinion, things can called capitalism if there have high price but that thing are important to get. What do you think if you must pay extra to access youtube or this forum for example?

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:10 AM Edited by AiŽaCobŽa, 18 January 2018 - 03:10 AM.

jFvTVDn.png

We're almost there, We only need a few republicans who actually care about the people they represent and fall out of the party line and vote with the democrats like they did with the repeal of Obamacare

It is true that the vote would go to the House and even if it passed there would likely be vetoed by Trump. Still, I think it shows that the public outcry and demonstrations against the repeal have made some effect. Fingers crossed that the pressure to reverse the ruling continues!

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

If it is repealed, there will be numerous lawsuits and court battles that will follow.

With all that said, Im finding it increasingly hard that Americans are going to put up and pay for internet the way some other countries like Portugal pays for mobile data (the only thing keeping ISPs from nickeling and diming is there is a lot of competition. Thats not the case here). If/ when ISPs start to try institute packages for different parts of the web, I think youre going to see a MASSIVE pushback amongst people in this country.... maybe even bordering on rioting. I just have a hard time seeing much of this country just bending over and taking it.

I pay like 15 for unlimted down/upload at 100mb speed, no restrictions etc...,and mine is just the low/standard in here
PORTUGAL

Those plans that everyone keeps pointing out are made for parents that dont whant their kids browsing other sites outside of the pack
  • Shaytan likes this

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

Master of procastination

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Portugal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:50 PM Edited by Shaytan, 13 March 2018 - 04:53 PM.

If it is repealed, there will be numerous lawsuits and court battles that will follow.

With all that said, Im finding it increasingly hard that Americans are going to put up and pay for internet the way some other countries like Portugal pays for mobile data (the only thing keeping ISPs from nickeling and diming is there is a lot of competition. Thats not the case here). If/ when ISPs start to try institute packages for different parts of the web, I think youre going to see a MASSIVE pushback amongst people in this country.... maybe even bordering on rioting. I just have a hard time seeing much of this country just bending over and taking it.

I pay like 15 for unlimted down/upload at 100mb speed, no restrictions etc...,and mine is just the low/standard in here
PORTUGAL

Those plans that everyone keeps pointing out are made for parents that dont whant their kids browsing other sites outside of the pack

Everyone brings up that "Portugal has no Internet neutrality and they have to pay extra to use apps" bullsh*t because of this overly sensationalized and completely fake news, as explained in The Verge. Again, as I've mentioned earlier, the data plans in question are NOT limiting the users to said apps, but instead offer extra mobile data over the base plan the user already has for everything, so that if e.g. someone uses Facebook a lot, instead of having like 5Gb of monthly data plan for everything (including Facebook), can have like 15 extra Gb of data for Facebook. Still, the regulating entity is still investigating the legality of such data plans according to the principles of Net neutrality.

Meo data plan; here's what the US media didn't show you:

AQrLwal.jpg

tV8D34R.jpg

Not to speak that anyone who has the slightest knowledge of how EU legislation works would know no country that is part of the EU could act against the general directive regarding Net neutrality.

Thanks for also supporting what I've been arguing so that our misinformed folks won't continue spreading media lies, even though that last sentence of yours is false as well.
  • HaRdSTyLe_83 likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:18 PM

It seems that in "the land of the free" nothing is... And in subjects like this i always thought america was a step ahead of small countries like Portugal.

Be a little more informed about said subject before pointing out something that is far better then what you have
  • Shaytan likes this

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

Master of procastination

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Portugal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:39 PM Edited by Shaytan, 13 March 2018 - 05:42 PM.

i always thought america was a step ahead of small countries like Portugal.

That's what American patriots want to believe. By no means Portugal is a perfect country, but we have free medical care (depending of the type examination or treatment you're looking to get it might take more or less time, but it's free for everyone and nobody will get either kicked out of the emergencies room or going home with a gigantic bill that'll put your family in dept for at least the next generation for not having health insurance), free quality education (aside the school books publishing company monopoly, but hey, isn't that a corporate scheme that resembles a lot typical US practices? - unless if you live near the average gypsy community or problematic neighborhood), affordable public college degrees you enter based on your grades and not on how large your pockets your family pockets are AND that have recognition in the job market, for example.

Perhaps we don't have big brand names and our producing industry is mostly based in feedstock and other goodies instead, yet we're the ones who make some of the best quality products inside that category, such as fine wine, cork or cloth, not to speak that, unlike what Americans have, we make REAL olive oil, honey and quality meat that are mass produced and affordable.
  • HaRdSTyLe_83 likes this

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted A week ago

HSn5WvT.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users