I just re-installed Windows 10 and re-installed GTA V. However, upon launching the game, I do not see the option of playing online. All I see is 'Quit,' 'Settings,' and 'Story Mode,' but no option to go online. I was able to go online before I re-installed the operating system, so why can't I go online now?
I cannot play online - 'Online' option on the start menu is missing
Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Gaffa™, 2 weeks ago.
You need to complete the story prologue to gain access to online.
Not on PC you don't - not sure how it is on consoles. That is of course, something's changed since 1.38.
Try re-verifying your game, I can only think that you may not be on the latest files which is why you're not even given the option, but I have to admit this is a bit unusual.
For the standalone, Rockstar Warehouse version:
1) Hit "Start", "Run", and type "cmd" without the quotes. Hit enter.
2) Type "cd c:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V" without the quotes in the cmd window that pops up. Hit enter. Note: If you’ve installed the game to a different directory, enter that directory instead.
3) Type "GTAVLauncher.exe -verify" in this window (no quotes again) and hit enter.
For the Steam version:
1) Right click the game in the “Library” tab.
2) Click “Properties”.
3) Click the “Local Files” tab.
4) Click “Verify integrity of game cache…”
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users