Your opinion on GTA SA memes

38 replies to this topic
ULTIMANTE.CVNT
  • ULTIMANTE.CVNT

Player Hater

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

In my opinion they are too overused, and not funny at all. Also some people who have never played it only will remember the game by memes witch is pretty sad. So, your opinions?

• confederatestatesgta, HalfOfAKebab and Richie Makyura like this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

As someone who enjoys the game as a whole, it's really annoying to see a lot of people jump straight to Big Smoke memes whenever the game is mentioned.
  • Jeansowaty, Awesom-0, SMACKED! and 1 other like this

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:32 PM

I like the memes, it keeps the game 'up to date' catching up with new dogs, as a person who play since release on ps2 i do not complain at all.
  • Carbonox and universetwisters like this

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:32 PM Edited by Fooking, 12 July 2017 - 10:33 PM.

My stream chat hasn't survived for more than an hour without a Big Smoke meme since ages, so yes, they are overrated.

Not saying they aren't funny, I like the different variations of his order "An extra dip with a number 6, one with dip and a large dip" etc.
  • HalfOfAKebab likes this

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:35 PM

I love it how every SA Meme is about the first couple of missions and especially about Big Smoke. It's like the meme makers never got past Wrong Side of the Tracks...

And honestly I don't understand why Smoke's Order got popular during December 2016.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

And honestly I don't understand why Smoke's Order got popular during December 2016.

http://knowyourmeme....ig-smokes-order
  • SpriteFan274 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:48 PM

He said it himself:

mnSxJXI.jpg

• Tomasak, The_Anti-tragedy, ToyGT_one and 9 others like this

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:57 PM

Nice spoiler dude, im in SF now and now you spoiled game for me THANK YOU very much. /s
  • Fooking likes this

ScupperMan
  • ScupperMan

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:17 AM

To this day gta san andreas is the best game ever made, givin it was released on a ps2! next gen is regressing.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long Live 2pac, Tupac, Makaveli, The LEGEND

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:47 AM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 13 July 2017 - 08:50 AM.

"ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS"....

Just those couple of words takes it all. Big smoke has probably become the only character in the series to be turned into a huge meme other than Carl. And youtube user Flyingkitty has made Big Smoke even more noticeable with his videos.
  • Simply_Wasted likes this

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

Just those couple of words takes it all. Big smoke has probably become the only character in the series to be turned into a huge meme other than Carl.

Carl was never a meme. Just Big Smoke.

Simply_Wasted
  • Simply_Wasted

You can't stop me! You BUSTA Carl!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:08 AM Edited by Simply_Wasted, 13 July 2017 - 09:13 AM.

I just find it funny how this big smoke thing was just made popular. Considering how old SA is. The whole Ohhhhhhhh and Ryder memes cracks me the f*ck up on youtube. So many good sa ytp's :p

Just those couple of words takes it all. Big smoke has probably become the only character in the series to be turned into a huge meme other than Carl.

Carl was never a meme. Just Big Smoke.
Carl isn't really known like big smoke on memes but you can't say he doesn't have anything meme related. Referring to youtube CJ has a sh*t tone of ytp with Big smoke. Just like with Ryder and the whole Ryder ni*ga! BS, CJ, and Ryder have been known on memes. It's really Sweet who's the only one not having anything related to memes. People just made memes out of the other three characters. I assume sweet's left out because he never said anything funny.

E: Come to think of it. Why hasn't VC or even V been popular on memes? Seems like SA is the only gta that has been made into no noticeable memes.
  • GTA_The_Series likes this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long Live 2pac, Tupac, Makaveli, The LEGEND

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

E: Come to think of it. Why hasn't VC or even V been popular on memes? Seems like SA is the only gta that has been made into no noticeable memes.

I think it's kinda of obvious. I mean VC never had any funny memorable missions. Just badass ones :p V is even worse. It didn't have any memorable missions at all Imo. SA with big smoke and the whole ordering the large food part and that quote when CJ fails the train mission. Na...lol there's a difference. I can see why people in recent years decided to makes memes on this game and it's characters :lol: SA had a lot of memorable quotes in the game especially with Ryder and Big Smoke. Hell even OG loc :p
  • lil weasel and Simply_Wasted like this

Nitrous~
  • Nitrous~

RACINGM8

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:06 PM Edited by Nitrous~, 13 July 2017 - 09:08 PM.

I think its because most people here played it when it was released, so when memes got popular it started the whole thing after years...

Theres even a FB group dedicated to GTA SA memes and stuff.. Its called "San Andreas Posting" (Not mine) im there and its pretty much active everyday.

Funny how only gta sa got that popular with memes when other GTA's have funny moments too.

DeeezNuts
  • DeeezNuts

HA! GOTEEEM

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

I like them because it keeps the game relevant over a decade after it was released. And maybe kids who have only played the newer games can be introduced to this masterpiece.

Funny how only gta sa got that popular with memes when other GTA's have funny moments too.

Perhaps because it has a larger urban black cast than the other GTAs, the dialogue of the characters makes for more meme-able material. Most of the memes are of the Grove Street crew and not the other characters. Only other meme of other GTAs I can think of is Roman from GTAIV. 

mrfilmpjesmaker123
  • mrfilmpjesmaker123

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFilmpjesmaker123

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

I like the memes, it keeps the game 'up to date' catching up with new dogs, as a person who play since release on ps2 i do not complain at all.

I totally agree. Because of the memes GTA SA became relevant again.

I think its because most people here played it when it was released, so when memes got popular it started the whole thing after years...

Theres even a FB group dedicated to GTA SA memes and stuff.. Its called "San Andreas Posting" (Not mine) im there and its pretty much active everyday.

The San Andreas posting group is for pretty much everything GTA SA related, the group San Andreas memes only do memes, they're pretty big though.

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Rat

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:44 PM

Yeah, it's overrated but I find it quite funny to see :lol:.

a video game usually doesn't last long after the release of the game, but It's not on GTA SA, I like too see how people with such of creativity keep the San Andreas legacy up-to-date even though there's a lot of game who have greater graphics but with sh*tty gameplay

• mrfilmpjesmaker123 likes this

LongLiveJojo
  • LongLiveJojo

RIP Lil Jojo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:16 PM

Nice spoiler dude, im in SF now and now you spoiled game for me THANK YOU very much. /s

Unlucky lmao.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:33 AM

i think they are kind of annoying at this point. when they first came out i thought they were funny. but now its like beating a dead horse. the same big smoke order the same damn train. i love ytps but i want to see some new different ones. like for gta lcs, vcs, 4, eflc, and 5.

• ULTIMANTE.CVNT likes this

ALGubi
  • ALGubi

Player Hater

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

I think the memes is great the keep the game up to date and keeping the game a llive.

Plank.
  • Plank.

Resident NEET

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:41 AM

AYHTDWFTDTCJ is pretty overused, but Big Smoke's order still gets me.

Nico
  • Nico

Gotta compete with the wily Japanese

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:31 AM

I have to admit that, despite being one of the greatest games of my childhood, I started to see San Andreas with less affection over time due to most of the community that surrounds it. Pretty much the same case as football. Is the most popular game by far, most of the GTA players in the world have only played SA so is normal to see more content created from it. And as someone who played plenty of GTA games, I can understand why someone would feel irritated when pretty much all the other games -probably with the exception of latest installment- get ignored by the masses. There are plenty of memes and stuff from IV as well, but I think that's because the whole "memes" thing was already gaining a lot of popularity by 2008. GTA III was even more revolutionary for the series, yet you don't see too many comedy content about it.

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

Drunken :v

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

Yes is overused, but in the section GTA Memes, if you make a meme based on 3, VC, LCS or VCS no one can undestand becaus some peoples dosen,t play that Gta, everyones only play GTA SA and V and kwonledge is no more about 2 that games  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

hagridas
  • hagridas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:12 AM

idk i love gta sa memes, especially big smoke ones

Kizoky
  • Kizoky

Reality is illusion

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 4 weeks ago

I find them funny, but after a while it gets too repetitive and annoying
Also, game memes are good because it keeps the community alive, regardless of it being unfunny or funny.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

I find it rather funny.

indiegamer51
  • indiegamer51

Player Hater

• New Members
  • India

Posted 4 weeks ago

I like San Andreas memes . Because they're very cool

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

SA memes are still nice for a couple of chuckles, especially the jetpack and big smoke one's. The most annoying, and ill-informed memes are those which call CA a busta! Please, play the game before speaking such nonsense. 

Anyways, I enjoy SA memes out of the whole series.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I like them overall, like a lot of memes in general funny when not overused. Shows how popular San Andreas still is that they are still prelevant.

Colonel _Cortez
  • Colonel _Cortez

Crackhead

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

I actually like this. Some people even go to MC Donalds wearing a green shirt and black melon and trying to order Big Smokes order with a deep voice.

Its just hilarious, especially for someone who grew up with this game. It keeps the game alive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users