Quantcast

» «
Photo

What are your PC Specs?, Are you planning to upgrade soon?

86 replies to this topic
HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 4 weeks ago.

dont buy the 7700k, not at this point, you either wait until october for the 8700k and get a 15% better cpu with 2 more cores/4 more threads, at the same price the 7700k is now or just wait for that time so the 7700k drops the price

You have to change the motherboard too.. so no.

Lmao, you are funny

stop advising people to get a cpu for full price when its going to be cheaper in 15 days

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 4 weeks ago

dont buy the 7700k, not at this point, you either wait until october for the 8700k and get a 15% better cpu with 2 more cores/4 more threads, at the same price the 7700k is now or just wait for that time so the 7700k drops the price

You have to change the motherboard too.. so no.

Lmao, you are funny

stop advising people to get a cpu for full price when its going to be cheaper in 15 days

wtf?! i didn't said anything about getting a cpu right now, i just told him the best upgrade path, he can upgrade whenever he wants.

• AboveAndBeyoncé likes this

Emo_Amz
  • Emo_Amz

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Right now I've got a Xeon something or other, 2x 480GB SSD's in a stripe with a 980Ti.  If I ever upgrade to a 4K TV I'll need to upgrade the box.  It can do most on high setting's at 1080p but anything higher and it's stuttering.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 4 weeks ago

Right now I've got a Xeon something or other, 2x 480GB SSD's in a stripe with a 980Ti.  If I ever upgrade to a 4K TV I'll need to upgrade the box.  It can do most on high setting's at 1080p but anything higher and it's stuttering.

Well the xeon is not meant for gaming.. it's for heavy multitasking, due to the low ghz per core. But as you said, as long as you don't go over 1080p..

Emo_Amz
  • Emo_Amz

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well the xeon is not meant for gaming.. it's for heavy multitasking, due to the low ghz per core. But as you said, as long as you don't go over 1080p..

Yeah, so they say. It's a 4 year old 3.4GHz and it keeps up with some of the best i7's out there half it's age. So when people say 'it's not for gaming' I would assume they've never tried one. I'd take one any day without question for gaming.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

pretty lowly rig actually but it plays my games well enough

Intel Xeon quad core 2.5ghz

10gb ddr3

Intel X58SO motherboard

Nvidia GTS 450 1gb graphics card

Windows 10

m only using a 19inch widescreen monitor so my games run well at 1366*768

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by arielmansur, 4 weeks ago.

Yeah, so they say. It's a 4 year old 3.4GHz and it keeps up with some of the best i7's out there half it's age. So when people say 'it's not for gaming' I would assume they've never tried one. I'd take one any day without question for gaming.

Older ones are cheaper now, but if you were to buy a current xeon right now, it would be overpriced for gaming, waaay overpriced.

pretty lowly rig actually but it plays my games well enough

Intel Xeon quad core 2.5ghz

10gb ddr3

Intel X58SO motherboard

Nvidia GTS 450 1gb graphics card

Windows 10

m only using a 19inch widescreen monitor so my games run well at 1366*768

You could upgrade to a gtx 1060 3gb easily.

Emo_Amz
  • Emo_Amz

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Older ones are cheaper now, but if you were to buy a current xeon right now, it would be overpriced for gaming, waaay overpriced.

Did you read my post at all? Mine's is 4 years old. I was meaning if you're going down the 2nd hard route or looking for longevity then Xeon's are perfectly fine.

devestator_x
  • devestator_x

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Im running it on a mixed bag of parts, most are new, but I still need a new graphics card...

i5-7500

MSi B250M Bazooka

16GB Crucial DDR4 2133mhz

ASUS HD7770 1GB graphics

ASUS VG248QE Monitor

One of these things is not like the other... LOL!  Even with the outdated graphics card, the game does run on low settings at 1080p.  Im getting 45~50fps with this setup.  Hopefully in the next month I will be upgrading to a GTX 1050ti, then later on in the winter I will pass the 1050ti over to my wife and get a 1060 for myself.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 3 weeks ago

Im running it on a mixed bag of parts, most are new, but I still need a new graphics card...

i5-7500

MSi B250M Bazooka

16GB Crucial DDR4 2133mhz

ASUS HD7770 1GB graphics

ASUS VG248QE Monitor

One of these things is not like the other... LOL!  Even with the outdated graphics card, the game does run on low settings at 1080p.  Im getting 45~50fps with this setup.  Hopefully in the next month I will be upgrading to a GTX 1050ti, then later on in the winter I will pass the 1050ti over to my wife and get a 1060 for myself.

Good upgrade path for that pc.

Kanja
  • Kanja

A Muslim Warrior

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm Currently on

Intel Core i7 6700K OC @ 4.6GHz

Asus Maximus VIII Hero z170 Mobo

16GB(2X8GB)Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz DDR4

Aorus Gigabyte 1080ti xTreme Boosts @ 2000mhz 11GB

256GB 850evo + 2 TB Baracuda

Windows 10 Pro

Ignore my signature it's Outdated.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm Currently on

Intel Core i7 6700K OC @ 4.6GHz

Asus Maximus VIII Hero z170 Mobo

16GB(2X8GB)Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz DDR4

Aorus Gigabyte 1080ti xTreme Boosts @ 2000mhz 11GB

256GB 850evo + 2 TB Baracuda

Windows 10 Pro

Ignore my signature it's Outdated.

Nice pc, time to "upgrade" the signature then.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

i7 4770K @ 4.2 Ghz

EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW

ASUS Maximus VI Hero

16GB Mushkin 1600 Mhz

750 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS/Applications)

Windows 7 Pro

Since the MSAA implementation is weird (some edges are nicely antialiased, others not even touched) I tried many different settings combinations until settling on:

1920 x 1440 @ 50 Hz

4x MSAA

Frame Scaling: Off

I could have piled more on, but I was concerned with maintaining glass-smooth V-Synced motion.

My system except for the GPU is 4 years old, and I have no plans to upgrade any time soon. Sure, I would like M.2, but there is no game that has even come close to maxing my CPU.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A week ago

i7 4770K @ 4.2 Ghz

EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW

ASUS Maximus VI Hero

16GB Mushkin 1600 Mhz

750 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS/Applications)

Windows 7 Pro

Since the MSAA implementation is weird (some edges are nicely antialiased, others not even touched) I tried many different settings combinations until settling on:

1920 x 1440 @ 50 Hz

4x MSAA

Frame Scaling: Off

I could have piled more on, but I was concerned with maintaining glass-smooth V-Synced motion.

My system except for the GPU is 4 years old, and I have no plans to upgrade any time soon. Sure, I would like M.2, but there is no game that has even come close to maxing my CPU.

You have a good pc tho, no need to upgrade.. maybe look out for a g sync display, but nothing more.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

There's just no way I can abide paying NVIDIA's outrageous price for something that is a free DisplayPort standard.

Really, I have been using NVIDIA for almost 15 years, but Jen-Hsun Huang is a really pathetic piece of work. And even more pathetic are the fauxjournalists in the gaming media who, instead of asking executives to account for their actions, are shilling for them.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

There's just no way I can abide paying NVIDIA's outrageous price for something that is a free DisplayPort standard.

Really, I have been using NVIDIA for almost 15 years, but Jen-Hsun Huang is a really pathetic piece of work. And even more pathetic are the fauxjournalists in the gaming media who, instead of asking executives to account for their actions, are shilling for them.

what is this nvidia display port you are talking about?

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

@HaRdSTyLe_83

I am referring to monitors with G-Sync versus monitors with FreeSync/Adaptive Sync. G-Sync monitors--the few that exist, that is--cost $300 more than the same FreeSync monitor. And the results are not "$300" better.

The main points are that NVIDIA could support both G-Sync and Adaptive Sync, but they refuse to, which is slimy business. Instead of gaining proprietary options by buying an NVIDIA card, I am also losing options because NVIDIA purposely refuses to support an open standard as a means of selling G-Sync monitors.

It's the same thing as buying printer ink because it's great ink, and buying ink because my printer manufacturer artificially prevents me from using any ink but their own.

In a nutshell, I really wish I could bring myself to use AMD. I long for the days when there were more than just two video card companies.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, A week ago.

@HaRdSTyLe_83

I am referring to monitors with G-Sync versus monitors with FreeSync/Adaptive Sync. G-Sync monitors--the few that exist, that is--cost $300 more than the same FreeSync monitor. And the results are not "$300" better.

i will disagree on that one, after using with and without, i cannot see me going back. Gsync doesn't add the same input lag as the others Sync's. also Gsync monitors need a chip or module and each is "tuned" to the specific monitor model by Nvidia.

The main points are that NVIDIA could support both G-Sync and Adaptive Sync, but they refuse to, which is slimy business. Instead of gaining proprietary options by buying an NVIDIA card, I am also losing options because NVIDIA purposely refuses to support an open standard as a means of selling G-Sync monitors.

sounds to me like any other company business model out there, they invested in a technology, they want to make it proprietary.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A week ago

For sure, that's why i went with my radeon 470 4gb, i wanted to get freesync since it was waay cheaper, i didn't said that to you because you have a geforce card.. but if you could swap it for a decently priced radeon card (damn mining), then sure get a radeon vega 56 and a freesync display.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Dryspace, A week ago.

@HaRdSTyLe_83

You are quite mistaken. The issue is not "making it proprietary", which I have no problem with--it's deliberately refusing to let me use my $700 GPU with the Adaptive Sync open standard. Surely you understand the difference? Make no mistake, they have every right to do that, and anyone who tells you they don't have the right to do it is probably a communist. What I'm saying is that it's slimy, pathetic business. And it is.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A week ago

@HaRdSTyLe_83

You are quite mistaken. G-Sync IS proprietary. The only way one can make/keep something proprietary in business is by patenting it or maintaining it as a trade secret. Presumably G-Sync is patented, or else it would be copied by other companies and sold under another name.

The issue is not "making it proprietary", which I have no problem with--it's deliberately refusing to let me use my $700 GPU with the Adaptive Sync open standard. Surely you understand the difference? Make no mistake, they have every right to do that, and anyone who tells you they don't have the right to do it is probably a communist. What I'm saying is that it's slimy, pathetic business. And it is.

Agreed, that is why i chose to support amd and their free standards, i had a 660ti, then a 750ti, and now i'm with the radeon 470 4gb. Luckily i bought it before the mining craze.

DethMyst
  • DethMyst

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 days ago

I just got GTA 5 (my first GTA too) for PC.

Intel Core i7-6700k

16 gigs RAM

Win7 Pro

Samsung 950 M.2 NVMe drive (plus a couple big storage HDDs, optical drive, etc..)

Radeon R7 370 video card (not the best card by a longshot, but I'm not a heavy gamer and it's good enough for WoW :p  )

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 2 days ago

I just got GTA 5 (my first GTA too) for PC.

Intel Core i7-6700k

16 gigs RAM

Win7 Pro

Samsung 950 M.2 NVMe drive (plus a couple big storage HDDs, optical drive, etc..)

Radeon R7 370 video card (not the best card by a longshot, but I'm not a heavy gamer and it's good enough for WoW :p  )

Nice!, enjoy your time!.

At a later time you must upgrade to windows 10 x64.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

@DethMyst

I could not disagree more about downgrading to Windows 10.

Microsoft has been hostile toward PC gaming for years now, but it is getting desperate now, and I believe this is in large part because it realizes that manufacturing consoles may cease to be economically feasible in the near future. So after everything Microsoft has done over the last 10 years to drive PC gamers to the XBox, it is now trying to make PC gaming indistinguishable from a console, even mobile, experience.

Windows 10 has reprehensible BigBroTM Functionality: Both Microsoft and the goverment are keeping you safe, and also making sure you don't do anything stupid, like for instance decide which updates to install, and when.

The writing is on the wall. There is no reason to use Windows 10 when Windows 7 works perfectly well, and for now, works much better for games.

Stick to Windows 7 until the choice is either Windows 10 or no new games.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 22 hours ago

@DethMyst

I could not disagree more about downgrading to Windows 10.

Microsoft has been hostile toward PC gaming for years now, but it is getting desperate now, and I believe this is in large part because it realizes that manufacturing consoles may cease to be economically feasible in the near future. So after everything Microsoft has done over the last 10 years to drive PC gamers to the XBox, it is now trying to make PC gaming indistinguishable from a console, even mobile, experience.

Windows 10 has reprehensible BigBroTM Functionality: Both Microsoft and the goverment are keeping you safe, and also making sure you don't do anything stupid, like for instance decide which updates to install, and when.

The writing is on the wall. There is no reason to use Windows 10 when Windows 7 works perfectly well, and for now, works much better for games.

Stick to Windows 7 until the choice is either Windows 10 or no new games.

Whatever suits you man, if you believe microsoft didn't spied you on every modern version of windows well.. that's your choice : )

Be well.

CartmanKusanagi
  • CartmanKusanagi

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 hours ago

i5 4570

16GB DDR3

GTX 1080 Ti EVGA SC Black Edition

I'll need a new mobo and DDR4 RAM first, but I plan on upgrading to an i7 8700K once they become readily available. While I can easily hit 60FPS at 1440p, I have a 144hz G-Sync monitor, and the i5 can be a bottleneck when it comes to reaching higher framerates.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 8 hours ago

i5 4570

16GB DDR3

GTX 1080 Ti EVGA SC Black Edition

I'll need a new mobo and DDR4 RAM first, but I plan on upgrading to an i7 8700K once they become readily available. While I can easily hit 60FPS at 1440p, I have a 144hz G-Sync monitor, and the i5 can be a bottleneck when it comes to reaching higher framerates.

Good choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users