Quantcast

» «
Photo

What are your PC Specs?, Are you planning to upgrade soon?

67 replies to this topic
stretchx9
  • stretchx9

Breaking All The Stupid Rules

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:45 PM Edited by stretchx9, 18 July 2017 - 09:50 PM.

You can have that and still have oc, when you oc rightly you don't have unstability and with that cooler you will still have a silent pc.. but suit yourself.

at 1440p i doubt he would see any improvement from overclocking at all, the "bottleneck"  are the 3.5GB VRAM, if you call it that

Well said. Yet in GTAV, a 970 manages quite well with the last 512 mb of VRAM running at a slow clock rate. Give me 2 1080's to mount in SLI and I'd still have to leave certain game settings on "Normal"  It's just the nature of the game.  

LevelDockSix
  • LevelDockSix

Sure Shot

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • India

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

Currently I'm playing in [email protected] with V-Sync on half, grass on normal (IMO this setting doesn't add anything useful, and just wastes FPS), FXAA, and frame scaling on 2/1.

Grass is definitely an FPS killer but the amount of foliage it adds is a lot of eye candy that is easily noticeable when disabled.

I've generally seen a maximum of Very High setting to be apt, ultra seems a bit redundant unless you have the extra horsepower to bother running it (which I'd like to think you have with a 1080 that you're using to to play at 1080p + 2/1 Frame Scaling). The normal setting makes the country side look extremely unfinished imo :p

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:43 PM Edited by Zeta87, 20 July 2017 - 09:44 PM.

CPU: i5 3570K @3,8GHz (with Turbo Boost )

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-M

Video Card: Vapor-X TriX R9 290

RAM: Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 2x4 GB 1600 MHz

PSU:Corsair V700 

HDD: Western Digital Black Edition 4 TB 7200 rpm

Monitor: Asus VG278HE 27" 1920x1080 144 Hz 

Cabinet: Cooler Master HAF 912 Black

Yeah, sure, i want to change PC, keeping the HDD and possibly the cabinet  (and the monitor).

I have the budget (1800 euro), i'm just not sure what i should buy.

Probably a Ryzen 1700, a B350 Motherboard, at least 16 GB of RAM, a GTX 1080 ti (or a RX Vega) and then enjoy it? :lol:

Yeah, i know, you probably think a GTX 1080 ti is overkill in FullHD, but not so much if it have to push 144 fps at high/ultra settings, right? :monocle:

EliteCoast
  • EliteCoast

Sad Machine

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just got a new rig..

i7-7700k

32GB RAM

GTX 1080TI

running 4K pretty good right now.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just got a new rig..

i7-7700k

32GB RAM

GTX 1080TI

running 4K pretty good right now.

That's top of the line for games currently.. of course it will run well.

InFrareD Kush
  • InFrareD Kush

Kush King

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

CPU: AMD FX-4300
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 2gb OC
Ram: 8gb 2133mhz ddr3
PSU: 550 watt

Run 45-60fps with low textures and everything else except for grass on high. Looks 10x better then xbox one. Thats for sure. Sometimes it dips to 38fps but that is the absolute lowest and doesnt stay their for long at all.

Going to upgrade maybe to 8700k when it comes out(depending on benchmarks). I want gtx 1080 ti ftw3 and a dell 2550x1440 165hz gsync monitor very soon.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Yinepi, 2 weeks ago.

Bought an AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz to replace my AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz and bought a new cooling fan for it 2 weeks ago. They arrived in the mail a week ago but I haven't installed the chip and fan yet, but I'm sure it'll give a small performance increase.  :happy:

At least 30 percent better is what I expect. I need a GPU upgrade from this GTX 1050Ti again. The GTX 1070 I have my eye on. But sadly, I'll have to upgrade my PSU for a 1070.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 2 weeks ago

Bought an AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz to replace my AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz and bought a new cooling fan for it 2 weeks ago. They arrived in the mail a week ago but I haven't installed the chip and fan yet, but I'm sure it'll give a small performance increase.  :happy:

At least 30 percent better is what I expect. I need a GPU upgrade from this GTX 1050Ti again. The GTX 1070 I have my eye on. But sadly, I'll have to upgrade my PSU for a 1070.

Seems good, keep in mind you only need a 500w power supply for that card, as long as it's not generic.

CPU: AMD FX-4300
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 2gb OC
Ram: 8gb 2133mhz ddr3
PSU: 550 watt

Run 45-60fps with low textures and everything else except for grass on high. Looks 10x better then xbox one. Thats for sure. Sometimes it dips to 38fps but that is the absolute lowest and doesnt stay their for long at all.

Going to upgrade maybe to 8700k when it comes out(depending on benchmarks). I want gtx 1080 ti ftw3 and a dell 2550x1440 165hz gsync monitor very soon.

Or go for a ryzen 1600.

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Rickzu, 2 weeks ago.

I upgraded my computer recently. It's not the most powerful rig in the world but it gets the job done.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.50Ghz, cooler is an aftermarket Cooler Master HYPER TX3 EVO

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR OC 8192 MB

RAM: 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3

Maxes out GTA V and I still get screen tearing without vsync.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 2 weeks ago

I upgraded my computer recently. It's not the most powerful rig in the world but it gets the job done.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.50Ghz, cooler is an aftermarket Cooler Master HYPER TX3 EVO

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR OC 8192 MB

RAM: 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3

Maxes out GTA V and I still get screen tearing without vsync.

Good build, and of course you will get tearing, it's not that it only occurs when you get less than 60 fps, it can happen above it too! the only solution is to have v sync on always, either that or get a g sync display since you have an nvidia card.

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Good build, and of course you will get tearing, it's not that it only occurs when you get less than 60 fps, it can happen above it too! the only solution is to have v sync on always, either that or get a g sync display since you have an nvidia card.

I get screen tearing because my fps is higher than my monitor's refresh rate. I have to keep vsync disabled though because the game suffers these strange slowdowns if I have it on. Like the fps doesn't actually drop, it feels like the entire game just slows down for half a second sometimes.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by arielmansur, 2 weeks ago.

I get screen tearing because my fps is higher than my monitor's refresh rate. I have to keep vsync disabled though because the game suffers these strange slowdowns if I have it on. Like the fps doesn't actually drop, it feels like the entire game just slows down for half a second sometimes.

That happens when you get lower than 60 fps, then v sync makes it look like it went to 30 fps, because of the way it works, only way to fix that is with a g sync monitor, or lower the graphics until you NEVER get less than 60 fps, then you'll get a solid experience.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

That happens when you get lower than 60 fps, then v sync makes it look like it went to 30 fps, because of the way it works, only way to fix that is with a g sync monitor, or lower the graphics until you NEVER get less than 60 fps, then you'll get a solid experience.

G-sync doesnt work well with lower frames

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 2 weeks ago

G-sync doesnt work well with lower frames

I didn't meant that it will fix everything, but it will be a lot better, and if he sets the graphics in a way that he doesn't drop outside the range of g sync, it's of course the best solution.

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'll just deal with the occasional screen tearing. It's not a huge problem and not all that visible either. And I just got a PC capable of maxing the game out, I really don't feel like bumping the graphics down anymore :p

Maybe I'll get a new monitor when I have the cash, my current one is pretty old.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'll just deal with the occasional screen tearing. It's not a huge problem and not all that visible either. And I just got a PC capable of maxing the game out, I really don't feel like bumping the graphics down anymore :p

Maybe I'll get a new monitor when I have the cash, my current one is pretty old.

subjective, what is the max? 4k ? 8k?

you are getting more fps then your monitor refresh speed, every time its going to refresh its picking up several frames that is the screen tearing.

a 144hz refresh rate monitor would fix that, or bumping the graphics to a higher resolution so you cant output more then your monitor refresh rate

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Maximum graphical settings is what I consider maxing out the game. I don't really care about resolution that much, I'm playing on a 1080p monitor and it's totally enough for me. If I can muster up the cash I might get a bigger monitor and that would probably limit my frames to the point where I might not need vsync anymore. That's something for the future though.

smurfynz
  • smurfynz

Hayer Plater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted A week ago

Gigabyte 970 Gaming

AMD FX8370 8 Core @ 4.2 Ghz (Stock cooling, No OC)

16GB DDR3 # 1333Mhz

Sapphire Radeon R9 290 3GB

256GB AData SSD

Thermatake 600W PSU

Philips 43" UHD (4K) and Philips 23" 1080p (16x9) and Benq 1680x1050 (16x10) monitors.

@1080P can run at 50-60 fps (smooth enough for my 47 year old eyes) with just about everything in Graphics maxed and several advanced graphics settings enabled.

Turning MSAA to 8x or High Res Shadows on will both exceed my GPU VRAM and cut my frame rate in half.

@2160 4K, the same settings will give me 30 fps and again, MSAA and/or High Res Shadows put me down to 10-20 fps (unplayable)

In all resolutions scenarios, I get a significant 40-50% FPS drop at dawn and dusk (or pre-dawn and pre-dusk) for a few minutes when shadows are longest - with grass on ultra, that's probably to be expected.

When GTAV PC came out I was still using AMD PhenomII and AMD 5770 which have been gradually upgraded.

I'm an AMD guy so next upgrade will probably be an RXVega then a Ryzen.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A week ago

Gigabyte 970 Gaming

16GB DDR3 # 1333Mhz

256GB AData SSD

Thermatake 600W PSU

Philips 43" UHD (4K) and Philips 23" 1080p (16x9) and Benq 1680x1050 (16x10) monitors.

@1080P can run at 50-60 fps (smooth enough for my 47 year old eyes) with just about everything in Graphics maxed and several advanced graphics settings enabled.

Turning MSAA to 8x or High Res Shadows on will both exceed my GPU VRAM and cut my frame rate in half.

@2160 4K, the same settings will give me 30 fps and again, MSAA and/or High Res Shadows put me down to 10-20 fps (unplayable)

In all resolutions scenarios, I get a significant 40-50% FPS drop at dawn and dusk (or pre-dawn and pre-dusk) for a few minutes when shadows are longest - with grass on ultra, that's probably to be expected.

When GTAV PC came out I was still using AMD PhenomII and AMD 5770 which have been gradually upgraded.

You should disable advanced graphics, plus lower the 3 bars in pop density and drawing distance, to avoid any cpu bottleneck.

smurfynz
  • smurfynz

Hayer Plater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted A week ago Edited by smurfynz, A week ago.

Gigabyte 970 Gaming

16GB DDR3 # 1333Mhz

256GB AData SSD

Thermatake 600W PSU

You should disable advanced graphics, plus lower the 3 bars in pop density and drawing distance, to avoid any cpu bottleneck.

No, I should play at the maximum settings I can that give me a playable (for me) framerate, and don't threaten to set my chips on fire, which is precisely what I do.
Turning on high res shadows and any more than 2xMSAA is only done for photography purposes :)
I've only just got the UHD monitor so didn't really expect my R9 290 to be able to give me a good experience at 4K resolutions, but even at 30 fps, I manage to play OK @ 4K.
Other games I play at 4K (e.g. No Mans Sky) are unplayable without lowering most settings to medium, so in some respects I'm actually quite impressed by GTAV's 4K performance.

But thanks for your opinion.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago

Maximum graphical settings is what I consider maxing out the game. I don't really care about resolution that much, I'm playing on a 1080p monitor and it's totally enough for me. If I can muster up the cash I might get a bigger monitor and that would probably limit my frames to the point where I might not need vsync anymore. That's something for the future though.

if you dont care about resolution you dont care about graphical detail at all.

4k will look better then any 4x or 8x Msaa, and there is no other that can impact game performance as resolution

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A week ago

Gigabyte 970 Gaming

16GB DDR3 # 1333Mhz

256GB AData SSD

Thermatake 600W PSU

No, I should play at the maximum settings I can that give me a playable (for me) framerate, and don't threaten to set my chips on fire, which is precisely what I do.
Turning on high res shadows and any more than 2xMSAA is only done for photography purposes :)
I've only just got the UHD monitor so didn't really expect my R9 290 to be able to give me a good experience at 4K resolutions, but even at 30 fps, I manage to play OK @ 4K.
Other games I play at 4K (e.g. No Mans Sky) are unplayable without lowering most settings to medium, so in some respects I'm actually quite impressed by GTAV's 4K performance.

But thanks for your opinion.

Sure.

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted A week ago

if you dont care about resolution you dont care about graphical detail at all.

4k will look better then any 4x or 8x Msaa, and there is no other that can impact game performance as resolution

Well that's just wrong. Graphical detail is much more than the size at which it's being rendered at. I mean there's a lot of things that affect how the game looks that are not resolution based like lighting and particle effects and such. I don't think I'm missing any detail by running the game at 1080p as opposed to 2k or 4k. Sure bigger resolution is better, but rendering graphics at a higher resolution is not going to add additional detail.

I would definitely like to have a larger monitor, but I really don't feel like I'm missing that much at 1080p to be perfectly honest.

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

G4560 3.5GHZ Dual Core w/ hyperthreading
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB SSC
8 GB DDR4 Ram
500 Watt Bronze EVGA PSU

So far I'm able to get 45-60 FPS on medium settings @1360x768 res.

I would like to play at max settings at my resolution but my CPU seems to be the bottle neck and probably my gpu if I keep putting in car mods..
So I plan to upgrade my CPU to an i7 processor and add another 8gb stick of ram...however, I'm not sure what I should upgrade first

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A week ago Edited by arielmansur, A week ago.

8 GB DDR4 Ram
500 Watt Bronze EVGA PSU

I would like to play at max settings at my resolution but my CPU seems to be the bottle neck and probably my gpu if I keep putting in car mods..
So I plan to upgrade my CPU to an i7 processor and add another 8gb stick of ram...however, I'm not sure what I should upgrade first

The cpu definitely, then you can go for a 1070. A 1060 wouldn't be worth it because it's pretty close to your current card.

• AboveAndBeyoncé likes this

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

8 GB DDR4 Ram
500 Watt Bronze EVGA PSU

The cpu definitely, then you can go for a 1070. A 1060 wouldn't be worth it because it's pretty close to your current card.
thanks for the advice ok so what i7 should i save up for? (7700, 7700K etc.?)

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago

^^ 8700k

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A week ago

^^ 8700k

The chipset is not compatible, he would need to replace the motherboard too.. so no.

8 GB DDR4 Ram
500 Watt Bronze EVGA PSU

thanks for the advice ok so what i7 should i save up for? (7700, 7700K etc.?)

The 7700k is the top of the line for games, with any i7 you will be fine, the 7700k is for a 1080ti or if you want to forget about upgrading the cpu in at least 6 years.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 6 days ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 6 days ago.

dont buy the 7700k, not at this point, you either wait until october for the 8700k and get a 15% better cpu with 2 more cores/4 more threads, at the same price the 7700k is now or just wait for that time so the 7700k drops the price

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 6 days ago

dont buy the 7700k, not at this point, you either wait until october for the 8700k and get a 15% better cpu with 2 more cores/4 more threads, at the same price the 7700k is now or just wait for that time so the 7700k drops the price

You have to change the motherboard too.. so no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users