Quantcast

» «
Photo

So now that some time has passed, did Gunrunning live up to the hype?

156 replies to this topic
justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:07 AM

I for one would say no.

First the vehicles, I don't actually own many yet but from what I'm seeing there is to much focus on co-op.   Like the APC you need a driver and a gunner, I see no reason to get one as I play solo half the time (really wanted it to operate the same as the Rhino).    Same with the new buggy, needs a driver and a gunner, again useless.   I have a MOC but only because you need one to customize guns and cars.    The only car that I think can be solo driven and operated is the new Tampa.    While I love the look of it, I wanted more then 1 new vehicle to look forward to.

The missions I haven't played yet so I won't judge them.

The business is a reskin of bikers, kinda lazy honestly.

Helicopters are still useless as Rockstar did nothing to add defense to them.    I also kinda hoped Rockstar would realize that it's not 2013 anymore and that GTAO is completely different, thus would restore the Rhino's armor for those of use trying to solo survive the game.    But alas it didn't happen.

Then they fixed most ways of getting a solo public session, while I get why, that pretty much drove me off the game since the update came out.    Only started coming back around the past few days.

On the plus side the gun mods seem cool, explosive sniper rounds are insane.     But ultimately I feel this update is designed for crews.    If your going at it solo, your pretty much shafted which is a shame.

Also as I mentioned in a previous topic, no new VIP jobs was disappointing as well.

Did Gunrunning deliver on the hype for you?    I personally think it left much to be desired.

• the_potato, DevilDaRebel, Netko and 8 others like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:17 AM

To an extent
  • carnerd3000 likes this

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:19 AM

The update was a disaster. A total mess.

• Mattoropael, Tomasak, DIEXEL and 27 others like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:23 AM

Nah...for me personally worst update ever, certainly in the top 3 buggiest updates and pretty much the update with most overpriced content.
  • jazzbone, Tomasak, DIEXEL and 20 others like this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

Pyro Maniac

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:24 AM

To me, no. The massive paywall to actually get access to most of the content was absolutely horrible. Add to that the horrendously long dripfeed and I'd say that this update definitely hasn't lived up to the hype. 

• V4S, jazzbone, Tomasak and 23 others like this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:29 AM

All of this time has passed and the only things I've bought from the Gunrunning DLC were a couple of shirts.

So, no hype here; if anything, I were neutral before it were released and felt very meh after the fact.  I'm not thrilled with the evolution of the game.

• DIEXEL, hei3enberg, LightningLord and 12 others like this

HeistsActivist
  • HeistsActivist

Heists 2.0 Supporter and Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:31 AM Edited by HeistsActivist, 11 July 2017 - 04:37 AM.

Not really, only thing I liked and still love is seeing and hearing Agent 14

EDIT: Me and that dude are bros 4 lyfe, we both love yelling at people when they screw up

IAA Goon drops EMP and hes like "HEY! BE CAREFUL WITH THAT THING!!"

My friend crashes a gunrunning shipment van into a lamppost and I scream the exact same thing
  • Andreas, Actlikeyouknow, -LN- and 1 other like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:37 AM

I would say it was a decent dlc. it added some cool stuff. I love the rocket bike. one of my favorite vehicles now. and I bought an moc. all the other vehicles I didn't get. im waiting for dripfeed stuff. the gun mods were cool. except explosive bullets. that us way too op. but its cool you get to have camos and other attachments on the guns. I also really wish they added a few new guns. like a scar that was cut. also no new aircraft. that is a bummer. the bunker is cool. and it is another way to make money. the moc missions are cool. they are just a way to use the new vehicles for free and get some money. I cant wait till they do double money for them. the clothing is cool. I love camo stuff. I also really like the vagner. overall a decent update. not my favorite but also not my least favorite. I would give it a 7 out of 10.

nbHawkins
  • nbHawkins

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:39 AM

Well. It was a decent DLC overall. Did it live up to the hype? No. Last time I logged into the game was like 2+ weeks ago now. I know that all I would do now is farm stuff until I can afford the cool stuff, grief people for a week or two and then be bored by it. I rather put my time into League and WoW this time around. 

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:41 AM

I will say that the "hype" was 99% player-generated, not Rockstar-generated, and players will come up with all sorts of ideas and concepts that Rockstar will never do, including high-income-generating game modes that can be done solo or co-op PvE.
Rockstar hasn't done anything like that since Heists (Lamar's missions were co-op PvE, but not high-income) and they have tried to push more things into PvP-jeopardy Freeroam.

If you filter out what other players said/posted/speculated about and look only at Rockstar's posts they did release (or pending dripfeed release) what they teased and showed. They didn't meet we players' expectations of what such a "business model" in the game could have been.
  • Gray-Hand likes this


  • 

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:44 AM

Nope lol it was over hyped. And besides a few things are missing and they f*cked up a few things too. 

• V4S, DIEXEL, LightningLord and 9 others like this

Misoaaki
  • Misoaaki

Infected with a SEVERE case of Chronic Backstabbing Disorder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

I honestly really really hate it
  • DIEXEL, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud, Actlikeyouknow and 2 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:46 AM

I think it was an absolute disaster. Terrible. It was so bad; it was just awful. A disaster.

Not a single aircraft ... That says it all. Then on top of that all the current helicopters are in a sh*tty state, as is the tank, etc. APC can't be solo'd, and so on. You know what, why even list this stuff? I could go on and on and on, with a list as long as my rotors.

• DIEXEL, GTASA-Pilot, That Guy There and 15 others like this

Freddie Gecko
  • Freddie Gecko

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:48 AM

Dissapointing update imo. Widened the gap of fairness with the new vehicles, weapons and ammo types, added more bugs and introduced a new way of squeezing the player base for cash in the implementation of a pay wall in your bunker. The future is less bright after GR.
  • jazzbone, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud, marshallbslayer and 3 others like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:51 AM Edited by ash-274, 11 July 2017 - 07:02 PM.

I could go on and on and on, with a list as long as my rotors.

Probably as realm of the XH-17's

• Actlikeyouknow, Aussie_Hunter and Happy Hunter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:51 AM Edited by Happy Hunter, 11 July 2017 - 04:52 AM.

I've said it before, but it's true so I'll say it again - all this focus on endless anti-air vehicles ... There's no variety. It'd be like me having an update made as "Helicopter flares: The update" - yeah, it'd sort out a big problem, and sure I'd like it, but it in of itself shouldn't be an entire update; it should be a part of an update.

And with this, it wasn't part of the update. The whole thing was just vehicles with AA weapons on them - most of them useless against a jet anyway - and that kind of thing.

• , marshallbslayer, Skeve613 and 4 others like this

Karen Daniels
  • Karen Daniels

I.A.A Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:52 AM

Hype? What hype? The hype built by YouTube's? If we are going that route... no. Not at all.

If we are talking about our own expectations: no. Not at all.

The formula has been perfected by Rockstar (stop blaming Take 2 only, Rockstar are the ones who develop the content and have a large say in what goes). The last 4 major updates have been carbon copies of each other, complete with new paywalls and items to unbalance the game further.
  • jazzbone, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and Actlikeyouknow like this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

I haven't done anything in the update after I fast tracked all the research

I'm just waiting for the Cheetah classic.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:17 AM

All the negativity...

UPDATE was awesome, never had an moc before, with three friends its a huge damage soaking 3 cannon tank. Apc can be utilized with 1 person its a just more strategy is needed. This was a focus on anti aircraft so why would theumy add an aircraft??? Money making is very real too. The only part that sucked was the researching and fast tracking. After that was over with i got to enjoy everything. It lived up to the hype set bt rockstar. Explosive rounds. SAM BATTERY.

Just dont fly a heli over someone and not expect them to use their toys on you. Like before.

Tampa sucks and oppressor is lore breaking so i didnt get it.
  • bulldog385, LL Cool L and bocephus like this

Aznknight
  • Aznknight

How may I offend you today?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:17 AM

Haha no
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud, marshallbslayer, Actlikeyouknow and 2 others like this

psymin
  • psymin

mayor of paleto bay.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Canada
  • Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:25 AM Edited by psymin, 11 July 2017 - 05:27 AM.

the new stuff is neat, but not my cup o Joe. sure the oppressor is dope and the firearm upgrades are great (and way overdue) there's nothing from gun-running that adds to my overall experience like f&f or bikers. also the stupid cash grab is so blatant it hurts my soul to have to buy a bunker>moc>vehicle mod bay>research>upgraded rockets for said oppressor.

plus with breaking the motorcycle helmet visor function, and holding back the normal cars (like wtf) gunrunning gets a 4/10 for me.

solid meh
  • , Actlikeyouknow, PajeroJonas and 1 other like this

Misoaaki
  • Misoaaki

Infected with a SEVERE case of Chronic Backstabbing Disorder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:31 AM

Just went to check on my supplies, after stealing a full bar of supplies.

$72,000? ...Are you f*cking KIDDING ME? If you buy supplies than you actually lose money in the long run?!

Of course the actual decent moneymaking is blocked behind the upgrade paywall.

I have ALL of my workers on stocking, too!
  • Actlikeyouknow and Happy Hunter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:34 AM

This was a focus on anti aircraft so why would theumy add an aircraft???

That's a bit like saying "They said it'd be sh*t, so why would it be good?"

It's like - yeah, that's besides the point. It should have had aircraft. It should have had a new boat or two. It could even have had a new tank. But instead it's just a million variations of some sh*tty AA vehicle that doesn't even do its job. The sniper out of all the things is the big threat against aircraft.

Just dont fly a heli over someone and not expect them to use their toys on you. Like before.

That guy wasn't flying his heli over me. Not by a long shot.

Or this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBhnVcUVTUw

Apc can be utilized with 1 person its a just more strategy is needed.

You're not going to be able to use it anywhere near as well as you could if it had 2 people inside. Not even close.

I'd love to be proven wrong with gameplay, but it just isn't going to happen. Sure, you can reverse it on people and be a d*ck with it - but it's not much more than a light trolling vehicle if you're solo.

• D9fred95, , marshallbslayer and 6 others like this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:37 AM

No, I dont think it did overall.

• Actlikeyouknow and Happy Hunter like this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:41 AM

I was just glad we got a nice sized update. But overall, I wasn't hyped. It's biker 2.0 with items and liveries stuck behind a paywall. Having to pay anywhere from 4-6 million just to customize the new vehicles and mk2 version of the new weapons.

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

[DOOM_FTW ]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:45 AM

Overall...luke warm. That being said these are my positives of the update and my favorite things

Pros: Oppressor bike, new ammo types, Bunker and Bunker business, MOC, APC.

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:51 AM Edited by ALifeOfMisery, 11 July 2017 - 05:51 AM.

I was hyped after the content drought. Lost my sh*t when I saw the trailer, watched it around 10 times over the course of the day.

Unfortunately the more I've played the content the more disappointed I've become. There are a handful of things I'm happy about from the update, but overall I just get the feeling of a big missed opportunity.
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud, , marshallbslayer and 3 others like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:54 AM Edited by Quinn_flower, 11 July 2017 - 05:54 AM.

Fk no

I don't want to go on a 20 min rant about clothing
  • ZeroSafe, zoso80, marshallbslayer and 5 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:54 AM

I guess one good thing I can say about it is customization of attack vehicles. That has promise for some of the vehicles I prefer (aircraft and stuff I can use solo).

It's kind of soured by the 20K insurance on them (which is BS), and the way you can just call them up at your feet (way too much power to have on demand like that. I miss the days when we actually collected our attack vehicles. Jets were at Zancudo; Buzzards were at Vespucci, and so on).

• DarkSavageDeathlyCloud, , marshallbslayer and 6 others like this

Daedalheidis
  • Daedalheidis

#coloredstockrimsexuality

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:58 AM

I wasn't really all that hyped for it to begin with. So far, I am enjoying all of the new toys so although it technically surpasses my expectations, I wouldn't actually say my answer is 100% fair since I had literally zero hype.

• gizmonomono likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users