Recently, I got the Trilogy for the 3D GTA games and I've always had issues where the game would freeze during gameplay (mostly when driving or just at random). What happens when driving is the radio repeats a certain part of a song or word. I did watch the Downgrade video and got it to version 1.0. It helped for me with 3 and Vice City to press Escape a lot to the menu to prevent freezing. I used ASI Loading, Widescreen Fix, Silent Patch and SkyGFX.
I've tried a number of things to try to stop the freezing
- Setting the amount of Detail to Low
- Turned off Anti Aliasing and MIP Mapping
- Putting the CPU's to 1 or 0
- Set Compatibility Mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
- Deleting the GTA.set file in the San Andreas User Files
I do have a file saved in the XP Compablility Mode but when I got to Windows 98, my save is gone.
Here is my laptop and the specifications:
* ASUS Laptop Model G752VL
*Intel Core i7- 2.6 GHZ
*12888 M RAM
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M (8130 MB)
* Direct X 12
* Windows 10 Home version 64 bit
Is there anything that can be done to stop the crashing? I'm getting annoyed.