Gta the movie!

6 replies to this topic
FaygoHound
  • FaygoHound

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

How has this not happened yet. Seems with all the garbage being produced these days gta could possibly be good with the massive storyline through how many games

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

Because they'll f*ck it up like they did with Max Payne. It's better off as a mini-series imo(like Max and Manhunt), but I doubt it'll ever happen.

• FaygoHound likes this

FaygoHound
  • FaygoHound

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Good point lol

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

They already have GTA: The Movie, it's called the cut-scenes. GTA:V had great direction and casting, but the script needed a bit of work.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mister Pink, 2 weeks ago.

I think you would have to define what a GTA film really is and how it's going to be different than a bunch of other films. Would be GTA film by name or because Sam Houser wrote it? 

I don't know, what type of GTA movie would you want? Like a movie based on one of the games? Because a movie based on game that's inspired by movies but without the gameplay seems kind of mute unless it's like Vice City - The Movie or GTA IV - the movie. I dunno, I think what's great about GTA is the fact that it isn't a movie and it's a game, that you play. A movie based on an action open-world game that's based on realty is just like any action movie really, you'd just be calling it Grand Theft Auto. I'm sure if they wanted this they would have done it a long time ago. 

Maybe Sam Houser will want to write a screenplay for a film but I don't see how you "GTAish" it could be compared to another action film except that it's written by Sam Houser and with Grand Theft Auto in the title. 

Drive the film from 2011 could be a GTA movie. Heat could be a GTA movie, The Town could be a GTA movie. But what makes a GTA film a GTA film? Sam Houser's writing?

Just my opinion, but for me GTA is great because it's like a playable movie and that there's action moments that are cinematic that you get to play. Going from the playable movie format back to just a movie seems almost regressive.  

Not to say that I couldn't watch a movie based on GTA IV or San Andreas if it could focus around another  element of the story we didn't see. A characters untold story. Maybe even a prequel to IV with the Russians and the Mafia or something. 

• The7thOne, Payne Killer and FaygoHound like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 2 weeks ago

How has this not happened yet. Seems with all the garbage being produced these days gta could possibly be good with the massive storyline through how many games

Because GTA cannot work as a movie; the chaos and mayhem that defines the series cannot be put to film without being terrible. 

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've always thought of Crank as a GTA movie.
  • FaygoHound likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users