Gta the movie!

18 replies to this topic
FaygoHound
  • FaygoHound

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

How has this not happened yet. Seems with all the garbage being produced these days gta could possibly be good with the massive storyline through how many games

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

Because they'll f*ck it up like they did with Max Payne. It's better off as a mini-series imo(like Max and Manhunt), but I doubt it'll ever happen.

• FaygoHound likes this

FaygoHound
  • FaygoHound

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:36 PM

Good point lol

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

They already have GTA: The Movie, it's called the cut-scenes. GTA:V had great direction and casting, but the script needed a bit of work.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:54 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 31 July 2017 - 09:24 AM.

I think you would have to define what a GTA film really is and how it's going to be different than a bunch of other films. Would be GTA film by name or because Sam Houser wrote it? 

I don't know, what type of GTA movie would you want? Like a movie based on one of the games? Because a movie based on game that's inspired by movies but without the gameplay seems kind of mute unless it's like Vice City - The Movie or GTA IV - the movie. I dunno, I think what's great about GTA is the fact that it isn't a movie and it's a game, that you play. A movie based on an action open-world game that's based on realty is just like any action movie really, you'd just be calling it Grand Theft Auto. I'm sure if they wanted this they would have done it a long time ago. 

Maybe Sam Houser will want to write a screenplay for a film but I don't see how "GTAish" it could be compared to another action film except that it's written by Sam Houser and with Grand Theft Auto in the title. 

Drive the film from 2011 could be a GTA movie. Heat could be a GTA movie, The Town could be a GTA movie. But what makes a GTA film a GTA film? Sam Houser's writing?

Just my opinion, but for me GTA is great because it's like a playable movie and that there's action moments that are cinematic that you get to play. Going from the playable movie format back to just a movie seems almost regressive.  

Not to say that I couldn't watch a movie based on GTA IV or San Andreas if it could focus around another  element of the story we didn't see. A characters untold story. Maybe even a prequel to IV with the Russians and the Mafia or something. 

• Davo the Assassin, The7thOne, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:01 PM

How has this not happened yet. Seems with all the garbage being produced these days gta could possibly be good with the massive storyline through how many games

Because GTA cannot work as a movie; the chaos and mayhem that defines the series cannot be put to film without being terrible. 

• Davo the Assassin and SmokesWithCigs like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:22 PM

I've always thought of Crank as a GTA movie.
  • gunziness, SmokesWithCigs, The Deadite and 3 others like this

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

But gta is inspirated by movies.
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and SmokesWithCigs like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:19 AM

F*CK YOU CHEV CHELIOS
  • Femme Fatale, Payne Killer, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

fashion
  • fashion

is math related to science?

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

I don't think we really need one. There are more than enough mafia and crime related movies out there and simply labeling one as GTA wouldn't make it anything special.

A movie lasts about 1,5-3 hours, which is simply not enough for a GTA story. A TV series though? I'd watch that.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:07 AM Edited by Tycek, 31 July 2017 - 11:07 AM.

But, GTA movie has been already done 30 years ago: http://www.imdb.com/...0/?ref_=nv_sr_6

• Mister Pink and fashion like this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

Because GTA cannot work as a movie; the chaos and mayhem that defines the series cannot be put to film without being terrible. 

yep, and they arlready made a movie like that called crank 2 high voltage

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

F*CK YOU CHEV CHELIOS
You got any epinephrine on you man?
  • The Deadite likes this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:09 PM Edited by Commander S, 31 July 2017 - 10:09 PM.

But gta is inspirated by movies.

Pretty much. Rather than watch 'GTA Vice City: The Movie', you could just watch Scarface or Miami Vice - or better yet, watch the whole lot, and Carlito's Way, and that'll cover most of it. ;)

Same with GTA V - instead of trying to turn it into a movie (which'd probably require substantial cuts and changes - I suspect that Devin Weston, Martin Madrazo and Steve Haines would probably wind up as just the one composite character, for example), just watch Heat, then Analyze This, Boyz n the Hood, and Breaking Bad (and if you want to see where Steven Ogg took some cues for Trevor, Bronson - no, really!).

Meanwhile, the film that feels most like a typical GTA game turned into a movie (rather than the movies/shows that directly influenced specific GTA games) at the moment is Baby Driver - not only is it more car-orientated in general than some of the things listed above, but there are specific moments that feel a lot like missions and scenes from GTA games: The Fleeca Job from GTAO, and The Getaway from GTA III, as well as the heist set-ups and crews in the film resembling those in GTA V.

...or, alternatively, for 'GTA Online Freemode: The Movie', you're best off with Furious 7 - a movie that ends with two angry dudes having a 1-on-1 deathmatch in an LA parking lot, while mercenaries a helicopter gunship attempts to blow up people racing around in souped-up cars, while another bloke shows up in tactical gear, wielding a minigun, and ramping a stolen ambulance off the side of a bridge. Sounds about right...  :turn:

• Mister Pink likes this

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

I would think a GTA related movie would be a parody type movie with a title such as Not Another Action Movie

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:12 PM Edited by Darth Absentis, 04 August 2017 - 10:17 PM.

I really disagree with that.

Though i only played trough gta 4 and 5 and have only a bit experience playing san andreas, it always reminded me a bit to a more serious Tarantino movie in general when regarding the overall feel....And it could really work if the director is competent and can do what he wants.

I just can see it for me....bunches of GTA cars being remade from their real life counterpart in general and then a few really work of arts things like the "classic infernus and turismo, dukes and sultan and such...

After that the decor just being real life places, but here and there nods to the game, like road signs pointing to "carcer city", northstar rocks written on walls with graffiti, nods here and there to aliens, bigfoot,...radio in the background being those of ingame radio's, and just the story of some gangbanger trying to make it big in some really crazy, slightly griddy, somewhat comical world...

Hell yea, with enough effort billions could be made with that.

Of course if like usual everything is put into the hands of yet an other unimaginative idiot that never even touched upon one game in his/her life before making the movie, of course, sh*t happens.

I would think a GTA related movie would be a parody type movie with a title such as Not Another Action Movie

With "Grand Theft Auto" as title one could easy parody "fast & furious", "Grand Theft Auto"(yes there is already a movie called like that :p), "Gone in 60 Seconds", along with just doing what they do, parody gangster movies and real life itself :)

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:36 PM

GTA = Menace II Society

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:52 PM

No thanks

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

While I would like it if they would make a GTA movie,it's unlikely to happen because it would probably be too similar to already existing movies and TV shows (GTA VC or VCS movie would be similar to Scarface and Miami Vice, GTA SA movie would be similar to Boyz In The Hood, Menace To Society and other ghetto movies, GTA LCS movie would be similar to movies about mafia, GTA 4 movie would be similar to a Russian movie Brat, GTA TLAD movie would be similar to biker movies and Sons Of Anarchy...)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users