Quantcast

» «
Photo

Police AI Improvement

37 replies to this topic

Poll: Police AI Improvement (59 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you like to see the cops in GTA:N

1. Complete New System (18 votes [30.51%])

Percentage of vote: 30.51%

2. GTA IV Cops with some Improvement (19 votes [32.20%])

Percentage of vote: 32.20%

3. GTA V Cops with some Improvement (3 votes [5.08%])

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

4. Mix between GTA IV and GTA V Cops with some Improvement (19 votes [32.20%])

Percentage of vote: 32.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:56 PM Edited by CGFforLife, 13 July 2017 - 08:06 AM.

Police is the most important aspect for the game, providing both realism and challenge for the player, And also get frustating or annoying sometimes. But the Police has some flaws, so how would you like to see the Cop AI in Next GTA

-I like to see the Police AI a mix between IV and V with some Improvement
-Cops takes time to report you (except their reporting time are shorter than ped)
-You should be able to kill cops stealthy  without getting Wanted (like Manhunt, i think)
-During Night, you can use darkness as advantage for getting away from cop
-Also during Night at 3 Star, Police Helicopter need to Use Their Searchlight to find you
-Ped Should also has it's own wanted system (Other ped or Player can report a ped doing crime and the police will hunt the ped down)
-There should be something that prevent the ped from calling cops (like low signal or low battery)
-Homeless, women or men in Underwear, shouldn't be able to call cops
-Cops should use Different vehicle for Pursuit or Patrolling (Police Cruiser and Interceptor for Pursuit and Police Patrol and Police Buffalo for Patrolling)
-Bike cops should also chase the player
-Cops prefer Taking Cover, While N.O.O.S.E prefer Rushing
-FIB and IAA Should also chase you on five wanted star
-Police should use Nightstick at unarmed player on one wanted star
  • Gunnalingus, MentalPX and j7n like this

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:46 PM

I'd like to see the GTA IV cops back...their behaviour, with an accuracy between terminators (GTA V) and stormtroopers (GTA IV). So bring back cops patrolling all over the map and remove that damned rubberband effect and improve the spawn system. Bring back the sixt star and don't let animals call cops on you.

• B Dawg, MentalPX, MojoGamer and 8 others like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

I'd like to see the cops like in GTA SA (trying to arrest the protagonist,only shooting if he has a gun in his hands or 2+ stars wanted level),but with some changes (SWAT team carrying MP5s instead of Micro SMGs, not holding guns sideways like they're ghetto thugs, biker cops not shooting if the protagonist has 1 star and isn't holding a gun...).

Also,I liked the feature from GTA 4 where cops would arrest NPC criminals,and would even save the protagonist if he's getting beaten up by NPCs.

Ability to bribe the cops like in Mafia 2 would be cool too.

• B Dawg, Gunnalingus, j7n and 2 others like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Savage

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:30 PM

Enter Police Station with funny random events. Cops tasing each other in the lock room. A fat cop like in GTA 4, eating donuts in the lunchroom. Cops taking mugshots of street criminals. Female cop at front desk on the phone. Prisoners in the cells or the ability to spawn in a open jail cell once arrested.

• confederatestatesgta and CGFforLife like this

SA's Most Wanted
  • SA's Most Wanted

- GTAF GFX Guy - Formerly: Jacobmaate

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [GFX]

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

Would like to see the return of the feature from GTA IV, whereby the Police wouldn't open fire, even if the suspect is holding a gun, and would instead attempt to apprehend them first, unlike in V, where if you have a weapon out, your Wanted Level goes up, and you instantaneously get shot.

I mean the Policing System in IV wasn't the greatest, but small aspects of it defo were better than what we have now.

Including the NOOSE/SWAT tactics, (all of them staying crouched most the time) - With that said, it would be nice to have the crouching feature return in the next GTA Game, not sure why that was removed in V.

• B Dawg, MojoGamer, Zeta87 and 1 other like this

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

GTA IV MP > GTA Online

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

I'd like to see cops similar to the ones from IV, six stars back and the army when the police and NOOSE can't take care of you. And also less cops in remote places, it's ridiculous in V you're in the top of a mountain, middle of nowhere, and choppers and tons of cops appear in one second.

• Neon_Dreaming and CGFforLife like this

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

I made a thread awhile back, surprised it's still there. I 100% agree with you. The next GTA isn't going to feel different unless they focus on this improvement. They need to make it feel more like Bully and Manhunt. Assuming it gets released in 2020... this shouldn't be impossible to do.

http://gtaforums.com...d-level-system/

• CGFforLife likes this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Savage

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:06 PM

Bully and Manhunt

You do know RDR is better then Bully and Max Payne 3 then Manhunt?  :facedesk:

• CGFforLife likes this

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

I made a thread awhile back, surprised it's still there. I 100% agree with you. The next GTA isn't going to feel different unless they focus on this improvement. They need to make it feel more like Bully and Manhunt. Assuming it gets released in 2020... this shouldn't be impossible to do.

Nice thread.

• CGFforLife likes this

Hullian111
  • Hullian111

Humberside County

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:26 PM

Here's one - don't make the males BALD next time!

​I apologise to all the bald people on GTAF.

• Gunnalingus and CGFforLife like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:30 AM

Including the NOOSE/SWAT tactics, (all of them staying crouched most the time) 

tbh those were forced animations and not real tactics, it looks very unorthodox to be crouched all the time. 

• CGFforLife likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

Well this thread is successor from your thread :)

Including the NOOSE/SWAT tactics, (all of them staying crouched most the time) 

tbh those were forced animations and not real tactics, it looks very unorthodox to be crouched all the time. 

It's also kinda annoying to see them

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The new age of Bowling is here!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:26 AM

NOOSE in IV had their own walkstyle which was pretty much the crouched position.

• Payne Killer, DimitriFaustin and CGFforLife like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

Osho's Assassin

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:06 PM

I just want the cops to be as smart as they were in GTA IV/EFLC when they see an NPC commit a crime they make some effort to actually arrest them and place them in their squad cars instead of going Terminator on their ass all the time.

It's fun to troll peds infront of cops so they get arrested. Too bad they f*cked it up in GTA V by going back to the brain dead shoot to kill method from the 3D era.
  • Gokuzbu, Payne Killer, SA's Most Wanted and 1 other like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:30 PM

I just want the cops to be as smart as they were in GTA IV/EFLC when they see an NPC commit a crime they make some effort to actually arrest them and place them in their squad cars instead of going Terminator on their ass all the time.
It's fun to troll peds infront of cops so they get arrested. Too bad they f*cked it up in GTA V by going back to the brain dead shoot to kill method from the 3D era.

I think 3D cop doesn't give a sh*t to anyone hostile to you, they only focus their attack on you
  • j7n likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

No terminator accuracy, the cops of IV were a fair challenge regarding accuracy. Also no rubberbanding, takes all the fun out of chases. What's the point of having a super car when a police cruiser can somehow keep up.

No crazy spawning where if you get a wanted level in the middle of nowhere they suddenly appear out of thin air. Realistic dispatch times would an improvement. In a city they would appear faster, in the country it would take longer.
  • B Dawg, confederatestatesgta, j7n and 3 others like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:31 PM

like most people said no more crazy accuracy. or super car speed from their cars. also I like how they sometimes throw tear gas at you. but usually it feels like it has no affect. make that more useful. also there is a stun gun why don't they use it? it would be nicer instead of them just pulling out a gun for a crime that dosent involve them. if they could go non lethal. allow them to use pepper spray too. they should also have a k9 unit too. a dog will be on your trail. they could be annoying but easy to kill. plus unique k9 markings on certain cop cars. also when they get shot. I like how they sometimes get up depending on the right spot. it would be they didn't always get up and they crawl away. I also like how other cops pick up the wounded and drag them away.

• CGFforLife likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

Also no rubberbanding, takes all the fun out of chases. What's the point of having a super car when a police cruiser can somehow keep up.

Yeah. If they really wanted cops to be able to catch up to players in supercars, they should have given em their own at high wanted levels instead of being retarded and adding rubberbanding to old police cruisers.

• j7n, Payne Killer, Dee. and 1 other like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:28 AM

they should have given em their own at high wanted levels instead of being retarded and adding rubberbanding to old police cruisers.

You mean like NFS?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:47 AM

they should have given em their own at high wanted levels instead of being retarded and adding rubberbanding to old police cruisers.

You mean like NFS?

Yes.

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

GTA should have similar police behavior to that of Mafia games.

Let me give an example:

2 carloads of cops are chasing you. Once you stop and kill them all, you'll get rid of the cops for a while. There are no hundreds of lawmen ramming and shooting at you from every direction like in GTA games.

Bribery would also be cool.

• j7n, Payne Killer, CGFforLife and 1 other like this

SA's Most Wanted
  • SA's Most Wanted

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

Let me give an example:

2 carloads of cops are chasing you. Once you stop and kill them all, you'll get rid of the cops for a while. There are no hundreds of lawmen ramming and shooting at you from every direction like in GTA games.

But in a realistic situation, especially in America, if you open fire on the Police, let alone kill em all, there'll be all local units being dispatched, plus SWAT or whatever. Of course V is overkill, but I mean seriously, go look at a video or two of American police chases, it gets overkill pretty quickly, especially with "dangerous suspects".

• j7n, Dee. and CGFforLife like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

Let me give an example:

But in a realistic situation, especially in America, if you open fire on the Police, let alone kill em all, there'll be all local units being dispatched, plus SWAT or whatever. Of course V is overkill, but I mean seriously, go look at a video or two of American police chases, it gets overkill pretty quickly, especially with "dangerous suspects".
However you should be able to kill a lone cop stealthy, killing a lone cop and then suddenly end up on most wanted list is unrealistic
  • j7n likes this

SA's Most Wanted
  • SA's Most Wanted

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

Let me give an example:

However you should be able to kill a lone cop stealthy, killing a lone cop and then suddenly end up on most wanted list is unrealistic

Oh absolutely, I agree with that, I'm just saying if you're gonna light up a cop car in the middle of a city, you would be noticed, and police would be informed, and SWAT would be dispatched.

I can't be 100% on this, as im British, but if an Officer is in need of urgent assistance or being shot at or whatever, all local units would be called in, as that would take priority.

Pretty sure here in Britain, if an officer hit their panic button, any units available within several miles would usually go over, even seen officers ditch whatever call out that their on at the time, go and divert to go to the officer in need of urgent assistance.

• CGFforLife likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

Let me give an example:

Oh absolutely, I agree with that, I'm just saying if you're gonna light up a cop car in the middle of a city, you would be noticed, and police would be informed, and SWAT would be dispatched.
I can't be 100% on this, as im British, but if an Officer is in need of urgent assistance or being shot at or whatever, all local units would be called in, as that would take priority.
Pretty sure here in Britain, if an officer hit their panic button, any units available within several miles would usually go over, even seen officers ditch whatever call out that their on at the time, go and divert to go to the officer in need of urgent assistance.
Sorry, my mistake. But I agree for your whole point :)

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:45 AM

Completely new system. I don't want major things like this being re-used from former games.

• CGFforLife likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

Peds calling cops should be decreased
On darkness You can shoot light to hide from cops
Leaving from crime scene quickly can prevent you from getting wanted

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:49 PM

I want SWAT and airsoft tactics...

• CGFforLife likes this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:09 AM

I just wanna kill a cop in the middle of nowhere and not have 3 stars on my ass
  • Gunnalingus, Light Syde Riandy, Dee. and 1 other like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

For vehicle pursuits, IV's with some improvements. Cops are pretty dumb drivers, but they do some intelligent and pretty realistic things, like PIT manuevers ir trying to block the player by slowing down and zig-zaging in front of him. If you spin them around, they may even try to chase you down in reverse, or even steal someone's car to continue the chase. V's cops are horrible in car chases, their answer to everything is ram you in the back and hope for the best.

For foot chases, a mix between both would be cool. IV's cops had zero chance at killing or arresting you on a foot chase, unless you'd let them (talking about the police, not the NOoSE). As for V, cops are too 'trigger-happy', anything you do results in a shotgun blast to the face. They have nightsticks and tasers in their gotdamn game, but they don't use them (maybe that's why they're trigger-happy, they were programmed to hit you with a nightstick or a taser shot, but they were given shotguns instead), and their aim is pretty OP, but their AI in general was very improved from IV's, as they'll drag wounded officers to safety and stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users