Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is with the weirdos wearing the rebreathers on land?

52 replies to this topic
Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Tyrant Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Have you seen these guys? What is with these idiots?

Why do so many idiots wear rebreathers on land? And it seems like they're usually K/DR pole-strokers.

What is the meaning of all this?

• Neuling2000, incognito32, HeistsActivist and 3 others like this

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Maybe they want to look like Bane (villain of Batman in your signature, lol).

• Sky_Light12, Arrows to Athens, jyssys and 2 others like this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Maybe they want to look like Bane (villain of Batman in your signature, lol).

Damn... maybe you nailed it, which would also explain why it bothers me so much.  :beerhat:

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 2 weeks ago

The fact that you need this explained to you tells me more about gt players than the people wearing rebreathers.

• Arrows to Athens likes this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 2 weeks ago

What's with the people wearing masks? What's with the people driving chrome cars? What's with the people using rocket motorcycles?

It's all silly stuff. It's a videogame. People use stuff for their own enjoyment, sometimes BECAUSE it is silly.

The only weirdo here is you, if you have such a problem with it. Hardly warranted making a thread, too. But let me help you out anyway. They're not wearing it for you. They're wearing it for themselves. Not everyone wants to have a serious, realistic look all the time as it's a videogame and videogames are meant for fun. People can do what they can't do or get away with in real life and that includes dressing up in silly outfits. Are you going to make a thread each time you see something that would look out of place in real life?

• Arrows to Athens, DBrasco, R3CON and 4 others like this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Much in the same vein as bullying, they grief with it because they're still haunted by the memories of other rebreather players griefing them. They wear it as a desperate reminder to themselves: they are no longer the victim. It's one of the many side effects of letting vengeance take over your life. As a result, pursuing these players is useless. The only way to defeat him is to help him.

• Blasterman4EVER, Fonshway, Aznknight and 3 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Makes them look edgy.

• jyssys and HeistsActivist like this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

It's a long way to Tipperary

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's the new hip thing to do amongst free roam warriors. Looks absolutely horrendous but you never know when you need to go deep sea diving amirite?

Seriously though, the free roam warrior types just think it makes them look 'cooler' or something, even though those rebreathers and half masks really just make them look like complete morons.

• Blasterman4EVER, alkaline_, -LN- and 1 other like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

Same reason some guys have weird obsessions with with 3.00 K/Ds. People can be a little fruit-loop.

M*tch and Boan anyway.

• Arrows to Athens, alkaline_, incognito32 and 4 others like this

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's like those weirdos that dress up like the Suicide Squad Joker or any Joker in fact,
Dam I hate those guys so much you just want to empty the full ammo capacity of the mini gun into them.

Yeah I've seen a few low rank I'm guessing kids wearing the rebreather and full heavy combat gear in freemode,
Nobody is actually impressed or thinks it's cool.
  • SmokesWithCigs likes this

OBeef619
  • OBeef619

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

The air in Los Santos is disgusting to breathe.
  • Neuling2000, El-Gaddafii, jrl51592 and 3 others like this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

So that they can meet other like-minded mouth-breathers.

Think of it as them doing you a favour--you're basically going to know what you're dealing with ahead of time.

• alkaline_, Professional Amateur and gtaoplayer like this

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Think of it as GTA Online's version of Strangers and Freaks,
you'll encounter alsorts of people some good some bad and some plain retarded.
  • PajeroJonas and TheHolyNZF like this

iLLYHiGHROLLER
  • iLLYHiGHROLLER

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

I heard it supposedly makes you run faster..

I don't know how true that is tho, I don't wear one myself.

joao_inca
  • joao_inca

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Can anyone confirm this?

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Zeta87, 2 weeks ago.

No. Just makes sense that they use it to breathe under water for a long period of time if they are flying over the ocean and need to get out to hide in the ocean.

I heard first person view makes you run faster.

--V--
  • --V--

A Walking Invite Only Session

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nah, that's a myth. There were some scumbags youtubers saying female characters ran faster than males but that too turned out to be sh*t on cheesy biscuits.
Spoiler

OT: it goes well with the face tattoo that says "hurr durr, look at me. I've got more than 500 headshots. FEAR ME!"
  • Blasterman4EVER likes this

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Zeta87, 2 weeks ago.

Nah, that's a myth. There were some scumbags youtubers saying female characters ran faster than males but that too turned out to be sh*t on cheesy biscuits.
Spoiler

OT: it goes well with the face tattoo that says "hurr durr, look at me. I've got more than 500 headshots. FEAR ME!"

Lol, i even saw that video, i just didn't remember they tested 1st person vs 3rd person as well (2:48).

Thanks.

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Wow. Sure are a lot of people here judging other players for no good reason whatsoever. You guys seriously think it's something people do to look cool for you? You're not that important to them.

How is this something that actually bothers you? All this talk about bad players and stuff, THIS is something that makes game communities unpleasant.

Was having fun piecing together silly outfits before, when I found out you could save the rebreather I saved it on one outfit for fun. Didn't think about it for more than maybe two seconds. And if I remember correctly, it should be faster to activate the thing if you actually have it on when going into the water, so I thought that was a nice bonus. But then I come here and it turns out that rebreathers are only meant for "try hard pvp free roam warrior kids".

This has got the be the most saddening thread here. Not just because most of you are dead wrong about what it means to have a rebreather on an outfit (literally nothing, BTW) but also because you all seem to be bothered by it. What happened to you? All these stereotypes being attached to pieces of clothing, equipment, guns or vehicles and for what? I don't know what kind of players you're running into, but I've met plenty of mature players who like to use all the game has to offer because they enjoy it and because this is a videogame. They can be silly if they want. They sure are more mature than people claiming that everyone using <x> item is a try-hard anything.

I get having similar experiences with certain types of people, but this level of judging based on nothing but appearance is just insane. The only stereotype I can speak of is that by far, most of the random strangers I've run into in GTA:O are idiots. And yeah, a lot of the people who think they're super stylish have proven to be just as moronic as the ones driving lime green super cars around.

But, whatever. If you guys need this thing to feel superior over other players then by all means, go ahead and make more stupid generalisations. Other people aren't afraid to be silly in a videogame where there's no consequences attached to being silly other than being judged by miserable people. Shame, I thought people on this forum were more mature and a lot cooler.

• Total Ranker likes this

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

My one and only simple reason for having them on after I've had to use them for some reason or the other is the fact that I feel too lazy to open up the interaction menu and take em off. I'm sure a lot of other players too must have found themselves in a similar situation. 

MisFit-138
  • MisFit-138

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MisFit-138, 2 weeks ago.

I know a couple players who are always wearing rebreathers. They are always in a lobby together with 2-4 other players, also in rebreathers. They are some sort of all girl, all rebreather crew.....its weird. Their emblem even has a girl in a rebreather. I don't get it either, its like a company uniform or something

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

Such a lust for GTA, Whoo?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Outside air is said to be harmfull to the squeakers due to lack of exposure, hence the rebreather.

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Street Cat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago

They want to roleplay Mad Max with their Weaponized Tampa's.

SA's Most Wanted
  • SA's Most Wanted

- GTAF GFX Guy - Formerly: Jacobmaate

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [GFX]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by SA's Most Wanted, 2 weeks ago.

Besides the fact that it just allows you to ditch to the ocean in a short moments notice without having to worry about opening up your I.M. in order to put the rebreather on, the only other reason I can think of is that it might be part of a uniform they have. Rebreathers look alright with certain outfits.
Other than that? I'm as clueless as your are bud. haha.
Spoiler
  • Blasterman4EVER and --V-- like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's all for visuals. This is a game, not real life.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, for the practical reason of being able to breathe underwater immediately, I guess it makes sense.

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by SHOKKERZ91, 2 weeks ago.

Simply for the looks. There is also a strat of the humane labs raid where you don´t have to equip the rebreather when you are about to swim out. Since it counts as a mask, you already equiped it at the beginning of the mission. It just saves you 1 button-press, but some people are really that lazy. There was also a time, where r* accindently fixed the helmet+mask glitch and only the rebreather worked with that glitch at that time. My guess is, after the helmet*mask glitch returned, those guys simply didn´t changed they´re outfits and just kept the rebreather with the helmet.

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Wow. Sure are a lot of people here judging other players for no good reason whatsoever. You guys seriously think it's something people do to look cool for you? You're not that important to them.

How is this something that actually bothers you? All this talk about bad players and stuff, THIS is something that makes game communities unpleasant.

Was having fun piecing together silly outfits before, when I found out you could save the rebreather I saved it on one outfit for fun. Didn't think about it for more than maybe two seconds. And if I remember correctly, it should be faster to activate the thing if you actually have it on when going into the water, so I thought that was a nice bonus. But then I come here and it turns out that rebreathers are only meant for "try hard pvp free roam warrior kids".

This has got the be the most saddening thread here. Not just because most of you are dead wrong about what it means to have a rebreather on an outfit (literally nothing, BTW) but also because you all seem to be bothered by it. What happened to you? All these stereotypes being attached to pieces of clothing, equipment, guns or vehicles and for what? I don't know what kind of players you're running into, but I've met plenty of mature players who like to use all the game has to offer because they enjoy it and because this is a videogame. They can be silly if they want. They sure are more mature than people claiming that everyone using <x> item is a try-hard anything.

I get having similar experiences with certain types of people, but this level of judging based on nothing but appearance is just insane. The only stereotype I can speak of is that by far, most of the random strangers I've run into in GTA:O are idiots. And yeah, a lot of the people who think they're super stylish have proven to be just as moronic as the ones driving lime green super cars around.

But, whatever. If you guys need this thing to feel superior over other players then by all means, go ahead and make more stupid generalisations. Other people aren't afraid to be silly in a videogame where there's no consequences attached to being silly other than being judged by miserable people. Shame, I thought people on this forum were more mature and a lot cooler.

I don't think it's quite that serious; it's just an in-game look that has acquired a somewhat tainted reputation--kind of like invisible torsos and the bullet-proof helmet + pseudo-edgy face paint combination.  I'm sure there are some players out there who wear re-breathers on a regular basis who are not total try-hards.  I personally think it looks quite ridiculous, but that's just my opinion.  People are free to do as they wish, but on the same note, we're also free to state just how ridiculous we think it looks. :p

• Blasterman4EVER, alkaline_ and Professional Amateur like this

N R G
  • N R G

Team Marina Diamandis

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 2 weeks ago

pic?

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ray's Occult Books, 2 weeks ago.

Weirdos wearing nothing more than an animal masks and boxer shorts,
Who hang around the parking lot of the Vanilla Unicorn strip club at night.

This Strange s#*t is very real I can assure you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users