A view of under the map?

128 replies to this topic
Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:04 PM

Since finding out that all the interiors are actually under the map I have been curious to see it. Does anyone know of or have a video or images of under the map and especially the interior locatios?

Surely the pc players would be able to do this?
  • SaveTheZombies and xXxKAMIKAZExXx like this

dino722
  • dino722

Thug

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

I came here thinking there was pictures!!
  • Insane Clown, R3CON and SirBret like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:51 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 08 July 2017 - 01:17 PM.

Interiors are only loaded when you're inside them so even if you'd glitch under the map somehow you would see the infinite void.

Spoiler

But if you enter the interior in a non-standard way (like teleport to it in SP) you will be able to zoom out the map and see where exactly the interior is. Since Further Adventures in Finance and Felony, Rockstar has been hiding interiors under Terminal, as - I assume - they've ran out of space under Legion Square/Mission Row and Terminal is less crowded. (If you're wondering Legion Square/Mission Row has stuff like the garages, character creation place, race winner screen garage, Split Sides, Low/Medium (and High but that's not used) End apartments, etc)

Bunker:
uG44Zru.png
Spoiler

The MOC is also hidden under Terminal but I can't teleport to it yet.

EDIT: MOC

Spoiler

And this is how the MOC looks like if you don't have any styles/rooms selected.

Spoiler

• gnomefromnome, Gaffa™, livejoker and 42 others like this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

Pyro Maniac

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:56 PM Edited by Professional Amateur, 08 July 2017 - 12:58 PM.

But if you enter the interior in a non-standard way (like teleport to it in SP) you will be able to zoom out the map and see where exactly the interior is. Since Further Adventures in Finance and Felony, Rockstar has been hiding interiors under Terminal, as - I assume - they've ran out of space under Legion Square/Mission Row and Terminal is less crowded. (If you're wondering Legion Square/Mission Row has stuff like the garages, character creation place, race winner screen garage, Split Sides, Low/Medium (and High but that's not used) End apartments, etc)

I always thought the interiors were moved under the docks to make it more difficult for people to wallbreach into, since they're mostly surrounded by water. Mission Row was starting to get overpopulated too, so that was probably the main cause.

• V4S, alkaline_ and jyssys like this

wosniies
  • wosniies

Viking

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

I was mind blown when I found out that everything is acually located down at the docks. I always thought the map was like it was.

Next time you switch lobby from your bunker, pay attention to where the map zoom out from. Always at the docks. 

• El-Gaddafii, Forza Harrd, krazyleroy and 1 other like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:59 PM Edited by Sanches, 08 July 2017 - 04:02 PM.

In GTA V interiors are actually inside the buildings. You're mistaken with SA and VC, where interiours are under or above the map.
Unless you're talking about Online interiors (biker update interiours) which are located somewhere around Los-Santos ports, judging by loading screen placement. But you won't be able to see them if you fly below the map, because they usually invisible, they load by scripts.

The-Ghost
  • The-Ghost

They mad bro...

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:12 PM Edited by Maddened_Ghost, 08 July 2017 - 07:13 PM.

Interiors are only loaded when you're inside them so even if you'd glitch under the map somehow you would see the infinite void.

Spoiler

are there any other interiors inside there? the Comedy club? I know Bahama Mamas is right where it is but Rockstar patched it from loading after people found a way into it.

Also, any reason why that high-end apartment you mentioned is not used?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:32 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 08 July 2017 - 09:51 PM.

Spoiler

are there any other interiors inside there? the Comedy club? I know Bahama Mamas is right where it is but Rockstar patched it from loading after people found a way into it.
Also, any reason why that high-end apartment you mentioned is not used?

• Low-end apartment
  • Mid-end apartment
  • High-end apartment
  • 2-car garage
  • 4-car garage (singleplayer garage)
  • 6-car garage
  • 10-car garage (no idea where the stilts 10-car is)
  • Underground carpark (Online winners screen place)
  • Mugshot Room (Online character creation/selection screen)
  • Split Sides Comedy Club (even though there's a copy where it's actually supposed to be)
  • Motel Room (from the Jack Howitzer documentary)

^All interiors under Legion Square/Mission Row

And, well, that high-end apartment interior has actual windows. Using the one underground is a bad idea unless you'd like this view :p
NPMhzT3.png

The new High-End apartment (from High Life Update) also has an underground copy, but this one is elsewhere (far, far, below Tinsel Towers building):

Spoiler

The cut High Life apartment garage doesn't have any co-ordinates attached unfortunately, so who knows where that'd be. Probably the same places.

Cinema interiors are inside/under each one of the cinemas.

• Carrythxd, The-Ghost, RedDagger and 16 others like this

The-Ghost
  • The-Ghost

They mad bro...

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:00 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 08 July 2017 - 10:20 PM.

Spoiler

Haha awesome!
Thanks man!

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:57 AM Edited by polaris23, 09 July 2017 - 01:03 AM.

I was mind blown when I found out that everything is acually located down at the docks. I always thought the map was like it was.

Next time you switch lobby from your bunker, pay attention to where the map zoom out from. Always at the docks. 

You don't have to switch lobbies to know where the interior is located. Just pause the game and look at where the cursor is. Even more interesting: add a waypoint to anywhere on the map before entering your apartment, bunker, business or whatever and look at how the waypoint GPS changes now that you're somewhere else entirely.

What I'M curious about is why they specifically only choose to place most interiors under Legion Square, the docks or mission row? It's such a huge map, but I find it curious that they typically add interiors to only those sections.

Also, how can most apartment interiors be under the map (as opposed to actually being inside their respective buildings) if I can see outside the windows, including other players and their actions outside?

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:06 AM

Spoiler

Bunker:
uG44Zru.png
Spoiler

The MOC is also hidden under Terminal but I can't teleport to it yet.

EDIT: MOC

Spoiler

And this is how the MOC looks like if you don't have any styles/rooms selected.

Spoiler

Very cool post, thanks for sharing all this

• alkaline_ and xXxKAMIKAZExXx like this

Spectre "2K"
  • Spectre "2K"

New Hades' Finest

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:28 AM

I always knew something was up with Terminal when I would leave a special cargo warehouse and my car would be all the way down there

• El-Gaddafii and DengaGrad like this

Hiddenshadow
  • Hiddenshadow

VC Phoenix Fanatic

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:55 AM

how can most apartment interiors be under the map (as opposed to actually being inside their respective buildings) if I can see outside the windows, including other players and their actions outside?

Have you ever played the "Portal" games? This isn't a real, physical world. I'm not sure whether the Rage engine supports it(as I can't recall any multi-camera rendering that I've seen), but if you "tell" the computer to draw scenery out the window, it will.

One thing I do know is that the building exterior model becomes invisible to prevent it clipping with the interior.

The fact that explosions used to be(are still?) able to damage players inside apartments does suggest that the player character may physically be where they would be in the building, so the interior model may be loaded at/moved to the location where it's needed.

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:05 AM

how can most apartment interiors be under the map (as opposed to actually being inside their respective buildings) if I can see outside the windows, including other players and their actions outside?

Have you ever played the "Portal" games? This isn't a real, physical world. I'm not sure whether the Rage engine supports it(as I can't recall any multi-camera rendering that I've seen), but if you "tell" the computer to draw scenery out the window, it will.

One thing I do know is that the building exterior model becomes invisible to prevent it clipping with the interior.

The fact that explosions used to be(are still?) able to damage players inside apartments does suggest that the player character may physically be where they would be in the building, so the interior model may be loaded at/moved to the location where it's needed.

That makes sense. I enjoy glitching myself and friends into the FIB building interior (left over from SP) and the interior still has the giant hole looking out, yet obviously the building looks perfectly fine from outside. If a player jumps through the hole, from an outside spectator it just looks like he went through the windows.
  • El-Gaddafii and J1M like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:27 PM

You don't have to switch lobbies to know where the interior is located. Just pause the game and look at where the cursor is. Even more interesting: add a waypoint to anywhere on the map before entering your apartment, bunker, business or whatever and look at how the waypoint GPS changes now that you're somewhere else entirely.

What I'M curious about is why they specifically only choose to place most interiors under Legion Square, the docks or mission row? It's such a huge map, but I find it curious that they typically add interiors to only those sections.

Also, how can most apartment interiors be under the map (as opposed to actually being inside their respective buildings) if I can see outside the windows, including other players and their actions outside?

Only Rockstar knows the true reason for that placement.

As for high-end apartment interiors, they're all actually inside their respective buildings. There's just one copy of the interior underground, most likely for testing purposes - it's unused in-game. Low and Mid end apartment are underground since they have no windows that let you see outside.

• polaris23 likes this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:49 PM

Only Rockstar knows the true reason for that placement.

As for high-end apartment interiors, they're all actually inside their respective buildings. There's just one copy of the interior underground, most likely for testing purposes - it's unused in-game. Low and Mid end apartment are underground since they have no windows that let you see outside.

Sweet, that makes total sense! I love stuff like this.

TrinityCXV
  • TrinityCXV

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:14 AM

Are the story mode interiors still around in Online? Like the Foundry, Recycling center, Maze arena lobby or Oniel farmhouse? Also where does the aircraft carrier disappear to? As for yachts I assume their interiors are actually inside the ship.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:24 AM

Also where does the aircraft carrier disappear to? .

I don't know much about V's coding.

In TBOGT though the yacht was actually always loaded with the rest of the map, and in SP when they didn't want it there they swapped it with a blank model (no texture, collision etc).

Never understood why they did it that way around.

RollsReus1959
  • RollsReus1959

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:44 AM

Very interesting.

I thought we were always inside our locations.

What about when I'm in my garage and I can hear explosions outside?

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:09 PM

Anybody know which warehouses and business interiors actually fit their interiors?

I mean, its kind of weird entering a building and seeing its interior way too small/big and with doors and windows everywhere.

The Office interior seems to be based on the Lombank building I think, for example.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:35 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 10 July 2017 - 02:36 PM.

Are the story mode interiors still around in Online? Like the Foundry, Recycling center, Maze arena lobby or Oniel farmhouse? Also where does the aircraft carrier disappear to? As for yachts I assume their interiors are actually inside the ship.

Yes and no.

Technically all interiors are Online except that they don't appear unless you're inside them or the game specifically calls for them.

A lot of interiors are deleted through IPL's and replaced with fake interiors - things like Maze Bank, O'Neills, or Lester's factory don't actually exist inside their buildings. If you can't see through the door windows to Lester's or any window to O'Neill's and the inside view of Maze Bank (south-east entrance!) looks like a bunch of blurry low-poly textures, there's no interior inside and you will only fall down and respawn if you somehow manage to clip through the wall.

Same thing happens to the aircraft carrier (and yachts). The game loads the carrier's IPL's (8 of them + 9 level of detail ones) when needed (Humane Labs - EMP, Power Play I, Resurrection II, etc), and unloads them when not needed (Freemode). Yachts - correct, the interior is inside them. Adding some more yacht trivia; when you relocate the yacht the game unloads the IPL of the yacht's current set position (and settings), and then loads them in the new set position, and the camera moves across the side of the yacht in a way that makes the yacht look like it's moving while in reality it's just a static brick in the middle of an ocean. And since you can see outside when you're inside your yacht, Rockstar couldn't do what they did with the MOC.

Very interesting.

Of all your properties, if you're not inside

• A High-End apartment
  • A High Life High-End apartment
  • A Customizable High-End apartment
  • A Stilt House
  • An Office
  • An Office Garage
  • An Office Mod Shop
  • A Yacht
  • any other property with a window that lets you see what's outside

you're under the map in the exact same interior (and location) as everyone else's property. If you're inside your "Eclipse Towers" 10-car garage you will be able to hear when someone decides to obliterate the Legion Square Christmas tree, or when you're inside your "Paleto Bay" bunker you will be able to hear someone trying to re-enact the Prison Break Casco robbery on that cargo ship in Terminal on the other end of the map.

• The-Ghost, xaml, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 8 others like this

TrinityCXV
  • TrinityCXV

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

^^^^ Possibly the best response I've ever received. Very interesting to know.
  • NickNoFucks likes this

The-Ghost
  • The-Ghost

They mad bro...

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:27 PM Edited by Maddened_Ghost, 15 July 2017 - 01:27 PM.

Yes and no.

Technically all interiors are Online except that they don't appear unless you're inside them or the game specifically calls for them.

A lot of interiors are deleted through IPL's and replaced with fake interiors - things like Maze Bank, O'Neills, or Lester's factory don't actually exist inside their buildings. If you can't see through the door windows to Lester's or any window to O'Neill's and the inside view of Maze Bank (south-east entrance!) looks like a bunch of blurry low-poly textures, there's no interior inside and you will only fall down and respawn if you somehow manage to clip through the wall.

Same thing happens to the aircraft carrier (and yachts). The game loads the carrier's IPL's (8 of them + 9 level of detail ones) when needed (Humane Labs - EMP, Power Play I, Resurrection II, etc), and unloads them when not needed (Freemode). Yachts - correct, the interior is inside them. Adding some more yacht trivia; when you relocate the yacht the game unloads the IPL of the yacht's current set position (and settings), and then loads them in the new set position, and the camera moves across the side of the yacht in a way that makes the yacht look like it's moving while in reality it's just a static brick in the middle of an ocean. And since you can see outside when you're inside your yacht, Rockstar couldn't do what they did with the MOC.

Very interesting.

Of all your properties, if you're not inside

• A High-End apartment
  • A High Life High-End apartment
  • A Customizable High-End apartment
  • A Stilt House
  • An Office
  • An Office Garage
  • An Office Mod Shop
  • A Yacht
  • any other property with a window that lets you see what's outside

you're under the map in the exact same interior (and location) as everyone else's property. If you're inside your "Eclipse Towers" 10-car garage you will be able to hear when someone decides to obliterate the Legion Square Christmas tree, or when you're inside your "Paleto Bay" bunker you will be able to hear someone trying to re-enact the Prison Break Casco robbery on that cargo ship in Terminal on the other end of the map.

I like to get into such interiors, so i went and used a wallbreach to parachute to some interiors under  Mission Row, I found the Comedy Club, the character selection room and the parking lot used in the winning scene at the end of a gamemode (i found my eclipse garage and one of the interiors of an apartment that i don't own so the game kicked me out) I'm wondering if there are any other interiors that i can find in that area.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:03 PM

Spoiler

I like to get into such interiors, so i went and used a wallbreach to parachute to some interiors under  Mission Row, I found the Comedy Club, the character selection room and the parking lot used in the winning scene at the end of a gamemode (i found my eclipse garage and one of the interiors of an apartment that i don't own so the game kicked me out) I'm wondering if there are any other interiors that i can find in that area.

I've posted all interiors under Legion Square/Mission Row in my second post here. I can post the maps later, unless you want to find them all yourself.
  • The-Ghost likes this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Hustler

• Members
  • France

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:18 PM Edited by delorianlazarus, 15 July 2017 - 02:21 PM.

You can see through the window of the house in Grapeseed, it's not completely obstructed (In the kitchen).
And you can state immediately that you are surrounded by void, under the map... Difficult to say where actually.

Wildbrick142, since you seem to be very comfortable with this "what is where" thing, can you tell us where are these low and mid end houses/apartment?
Docks too?

Your maps showing each business and stuff locations are amazing, thanks for that already.

EDIT
just saw that you said it was around Legion square/Mission row. Thanks, but I'd like to see the maps actually ^^

The-Ghost
  • The-Ghost

They mad bro...

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:49 PM Edited by Maddened_Ghost, 15 July 2017 - 02:49 PM.

You can see through the window of the house in Grapeseed, it's not completely obstructed (In the kitchen).
And you can state immediately that you are surrounded by void, under the map... Difficult to say where actually.

Wildbrick142, since you seem to be very comfortable with this "what is where" thing, can you tell us where are these low and mid end houses/apartment?
Docks too?

Your maps showing each business and stuff locations are amazing, thanks for that already.

EDIT
just saw that you said it was around Legion square/Mission row. Thanks, but I'd like to see the maps actually ^^

I glitched into the low end apartment and i think the medium end one, they're all in Mission Row

((lol I should've read your whole post, you found the location, my bad haha)

Spoiler

I've posted all interiors under Legion Square/Mission Row in my second post here. I can post the maps later, unless you want to find them all yourself.

Oh yeah my bad, I want to see the location of the motel room on the map if you can provide it

• NickNoFucks likes this

Imnotthefiveo
  • Imnotthefiveo

He's not the Five-O

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

I do believe that some of the SP interiors, such as Lesters house, Michael's house, and the garment factory are in their present locations, as you used to be able to get into them by being in a specific location, starting a job then exiting and it would put you inside. You just had to be in a spot on the roof that corresponds to the correct interior mapping.

The-Ghost
  • The-Ghost

They mad bro...

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:32 PM Edited by Maddened_Ghost, 15 July 2017 - 03:33 PM.

I do believe that some of the SP interiors, such as Lesters house, Michael's house, and the garment factory are in their present locations, as you used to be able to get into them by being in a specific location, starting a job then exiting and it would put you inside. You just had to be in a spot on the roof that corresponds to the correct interior mapping.

I got into Michael's house by standing in front of the door and loading a job and backing out of it (except yesterday when i played a round of 'Every Bullet Counts" that was inside his house, when i spawned in freemode the window that Franklin uses to break into the house was open as it did during that mission because that's how it was during the adversary so i was able to go in with no jobs), done the same for Franklin's house, I glitched into Lester's house few days ago using an Insurgent with the back door open, it's a cool interior with tons of details, I tried to get into other interiors like the Butchery thing from Fresh Meat on SP but the interior won't load (or i was doing something wrong) I tried a couple of interiors actually, i was able to get to the cooling tunnel building on Human labs but as soon as the interior appeared on the radar it kicked me out of it.

• J1M likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

^^ Legion Square/Mission Row Interiors

Spoiler

All of these are on the same height (-100 below sea level) so if you're using the bridge breach you might have a difficulty getting to the more distant interiors.

There's also a Split Sides interior inside the actual building in West Vinewood, it's not level with the ground though.

Spoiler

Also another interesting thing is that the motel room is called "v_motel_mp". I wonder if you could use this as a temporary safehouse originally, because there's no point to the "_mp" part of the name if all it's used for is a TV show.

• The-Ghost, MrTroubleMaker and NickNoFucks like this

The-Ghost
  • The-Ghost

They mad bro...

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:08 PM Edited by Maddened_Ghost, 15 July 2017 - 10:28 PM.

^^ Legion Square/Mission Row Interiors

Spoiler

All of these are on the same height (-100 below sea level) so if you're using the bridge breach you might have a difficulty getting to the more distant interiors.

There's also a Split Sides interior inside the actual building in West Vinewood, it's not level with the ground though.

Spoiler

Also another interesting thing is that the motel room is called "v_motel_mp". I wonder if you could use this as a temporary safehouse originally, because there's no point to the "_mp" part of the name if all it's used for is a TV show.

So awesome! I'll see if i can get to that motel room, thanks a lot man! 

For some reason, I was trying to get into the Club house about an hour ago and i ended up in the 2 or 6 car garage even that it's not there according to that map you posted, maybe it teleported me into it or something, I've never went into the 2-6 cars garages using the bridge breach before, i didn't even know that those interiors were located there

Awesome findings as always Wildbrick142!

Update: I made it! I made it in on the third attempt, the interior was invisible so i had to use First Person so i can actually see it.

SfwI9Ma.png

Ah and yeah ... I killed the NPC that was sitting there, I killed him when the interior was invisible, my character locked into "something" and i pulled the trigger, when i switched to first person, i found his body haha ... I noticed that there might be an NPC in the Comedy Club as well, I keep locking into it in there but he/she is behind the wall and i don't get the kill nor hear any sounds of whoever's on the other side

4sYzK1u.png

Mirrors do not reflect anything, or maybe they do but since the interior was invisible and i had to use first person to get it to show up, it wouldn't reflect my character

8DuKf8a.png

• gnomefromnome, interfreak, Opzeker and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users