Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why doesn't R* add things for SP when they release minor GTAO updates.

64 replies to this topic
R2star
  • R2star

Player Hater

• Members
  • Algeria

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:46 AM

well, at least they made sp bug fixes its better than nothing.

ps: you just never know when a sp dlc will get released, they may even prefer workin on gta 6 instead.

JakeRS
  • JakeRS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:30 PM Edited by JakeRS, 04 September 2017 - 05:32 PM.

Because SP sucks. And online is a great cash cow.

Lolwut? SP sucks? It's the only reason why I love GTA games, exploring around, interacting with the AI,etc, the last multiplayer game I played was maybe San Andreas, but I guess that's like pc vs console fanboys, some like this and some like that, I prefer playing missions and finding out how the story unfolds instead of just running around and shooting other players like most online gaming is, not all, but most, so it's really awful that they don't add additional stuff to SP.

• Killerman29 and Cutter De Blanc like this

Plank.
  • Plank.

le edgy contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

Can't buy Shark cards on single player, silly.

BoxiestSumo
  • BoxiestSumo

Reckless Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:34 PM Edited by BoxiestSumo, 04 September 2017 - 06:34 PM.

Because SP sucks. And online is a great cash cow.

Lolwut? SP sucks? It's the only reason why I love GTA games, exploring around, interacting with the AI,etc, the last multiplayer game I played was maybe San Andreas, but I guess that's like pc vs console fanboys, some like this and some like that, I prefer playing missions and finding out how the story unfolds instead of just running around and shooting other players like most online gaming is, not all, but most, so it's really awful that they don't add additional stuff to SP.
I respect and understand your opinion but the forgettable and weak storyline, the superficial characters and the lack of interiors ruined GTA V for me.

I like online missions a lot. I like to interact with other players, which aren't all griefers and assholes. I like the possibility of owning more apartments/houses and garages. I like having my own insured car etc.

Of course Rockstar abused of GTA Online for its own money goals. If GTA V had more interesting characters, driving physics, more enterable interiors and ownable properties, I would have preferred it to Online. Take the depth of GTA IV's storyline, its world aliveness, take the customization options and the side missions of San Andreas, leave the beautiful map of GTA V, and SP would be just amazing.
As for now I'm happier at playing Online.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

If they released a paid DLC unlocking all of the online sh*t in Single Player for like twenty bucks, I'd probably buy it. I'd feel a little cheated and ripped off, but I'd probably buy it. I have to assume others would too.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:40 PM Edited by Yinepi, 04 September 2017 - 09:41 PM.

The MKII weapons from Gunrunning update have save data for them and can be put into your inventory like some other DLC weapons and they will not disappear. Annoyingly, you cannot buy these MKII weapons though. But as far as SP DLC goes, that's pretty much all we got lately.

Wingate167
  • Wingate167

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:06 AM

What honestly could they have done for story mode for single player? It would probably be "What if" missions from ending A and B where Franklin gets killed by Michael, Trevor, Devin or Steve.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:52 AM

What honestly could they have done for story mode for single player? It would probably be "What if" missions from ending A and B where Franklin gets killed by Michael, Trevor, Devin or Steve.

It's painfully obvious C would most likely be canon, so it'd possibly could've been some more stuff based around heisting. I'd still go for a North Yankton DLC where Michael would have to return due to unfinished business with a new character or something.

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • New-Caledonia

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

A prequel?

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:47 PM Edited by cp1dell, 05 September 2017 - 05:47 PM.

Well going by what Ash knew, and what Fun or Yan said, there where two what-if DLCs (Aliens and Zombies) and only one story continuation - which would feature Trevor. So it either followed ending C or B.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

Gta single player is going to be more like any campaign in battlefield or COD etc. It will always be there, but it will be crap and with no support after release.

the only way they move away from that path is if people stop buying the game

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

Laziness. That's just it. And anyone who is so doubtful that Rockstar is lazy can look at this thread. If you can't even add a single damn car from your updates to single player then you're incompetent and should be stoned.

I haven't touched single player since 'Nam because they stopped caring and to be honest without flowing content it's boring. Much like GTA:O without flowing content.
  • ChiroVette likes this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long live 2pac, Tupac, Makaveli, THE LEGEND

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:30 PM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 11 September 2017 - 05:44 PM.

One sentence OP....

R* don't give any f*cks for SP

Gta trash online = More money for R*

^^This sh*t still applies to C*ckstar lol.
  • Scaglietti likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:28 PM

'Member when you could get a Zentorno for free in Singleplayer by going to the protagonists' garages? I 'member. Now you can't even get a pocketknife without mods.

ferguson99
  • ferguson99

Fergs Gaming

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:21 PM

You know whats coming this month, the GTA5 anniversary........ 17th September 2013, when we ALL got our copies of this amazing game.

hopefully this year they might add something ???

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

You know whats coming this month, the GTA5 anniversary........ 17th September 2013, when we ALL got our copies of this amazing game.

They won't.

• limapalon likes this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

They won't.
They only celebrate the launch of gta online with either bonus cash or an event or something.
  • CartmanKusanagi likes this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:56 PM

Have they really done anything, gameplay wise, to SP since it was released on new gen?
I mean besides a few cars and weapons from certain updates?

I'm only asking because I'm pretty much done with online and am wondering if I could delete the game data but still play SP as is

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:03 AM

Have they really done anything, gameplay wise, to SP since it was released on new gen?
I mean besides a few cars and weapons from certain updates?

I'm only asking because I'm pretty much done with online and am wondering if I could delete the game data but still play SP as is

You can safely delete every update on next gen if you are not on pc and/or don't have plans to spawn the content via trainers to use in singleplayer mode

• That Guy There likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:07 AM

It's only the 4th anniversary so I doubt it. Maybe something for the 5th.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:49 AM

Laziness.

I wish it was laziness, I really do. But, no, no, no, no!

The fact is that they could hire some volunteer modder to come in and do it for free in minutes. lol I bet they have secretaries working in Rockstar that have the acumen to send Online goodies to SP. No, this is intentional. They are doing everything they can to bully all of us SP holdouts into Online in the hopes of inflating their online stats, and to sell more Shark Cards.

Oddly enough, I would actually have more respect for them if it was laziness. Not much more, but more.

That's just it. And anyone who is so doubtful that Rockstar is lazy can look at this thread. If you can't even add a single damn car from your updates to single player then you're incompetent and should be stoned.

I haven't touched single player since 'Nam because they stopped caring and to be honest without flowing content it's boring. Much like GTA:O without flowing content.

Much as the angry, pissed off part of me would love to agree with you, and I often want to cut off my nose to spite my face, too, I still love the SP experience in V. You know what? GTA III, VC, and SA had no updates EVER, even on the PC versions, and I still love playing those games to this day.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand your sentiment, because you are basically saying that since Rockstar has the ability with the current IAP/FLC technology to continue SP support and don't, it is leaving such a bad taste in your mouth that you simply don't want to play SP anymore. Which, you can rightly argue, is not the same thing, since the 3D Era GTA games came at a time where, other than the very occasional patch, there were no SP updates.

Still, I suck it up grudgingly, but only because I really love V's SP, despite that I have lost ALL respect for Rockstar for their dirty tricks and corporate, freemium thuggery.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

Believe it or not, there was a magical time when R* weren't greedy pricks and actually released sizable content that people wanted. SP DLC was delivered, to much acclaim. They would make smaller-scale games like Midnight Club, and actually listened to what the fans wanted.

Then they joined the Dark Side.

• Femme Fatale likes this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long live 2pac, Tupac, Makaveli, THE LEGEND

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

Believe it or not, there was a magical time when R* weren't greedy pricks and actually released sizable content that people wanted. SP DLC was delivered, to much acclaim. They would make smaller-scale games like Midnight Club, and actually listened to what the fans wanted.

Then they joined the Dark Side.

Pretty sure they had f*cking cookies too....

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V: A huge improvement over snore (IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:20 AM

I still remember when R* parodied Call of Duty as Righteous Slaughter and making fun about them "only focus about multiplayers" back in 2013. And ironically, they do the same thing today

• ToyGT_one, UltraGizmo64 and Femme Fatale like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

Take Two needs to be blamed. I suppose Rockstar seems to have no say in this matter. 

Its quite saddening to see Online's growth, while SP getting overlooked all this while.

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

Because people could hack the SP assets into MP and render shark cards useless I think 

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:14 PM

Because people could hack the SP assets into MP and render shark cards useless I think 

Which I would find silly since they added the cars and weapons from Beach Bum to IGG2 (minus Heists) and even with those available for free in SP, Shark Cards still didn't slow down.

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

Which I would find silly since they added the cars and weapons from Beach Bum to IGG2 (minus Heists) and even with those available for free in SP, Shark Cards still didn't slow down.

Those weren't OP hyper Kool status symbols either though.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:41 PM

Those weren't OP hyper Kool status symbols either though.

The IGG items were pretty much status symbols. Nothing like owning a golden jet that has no value outside of a unique paint job and drinking ability inside it costing $10 million. The economy in Online wasn't as broken back then as it is now. Things that are small fry now like the Adder were status symbols once, this applied to the DLC's back then. People still bought SC's regardless, honestly I think R*'s just getting greedy by this point.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Laziness. That's just it. And anyone who is so doubtful that Rockstar is lazy can look at this thread. If you can't even add a single damn car from your updates to single player then you're incompetent and should be stoned.

I wouldn't call it lazy, since they actually take preventative measures to try and prevent the new cars from even being spawned in Single Player. That's just an out-and outright "f*ck you story mode"

• UltraGizmo64, D9fred95 and Pink Pineapple like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users