Odd ways you have passed a mission

11 replies to this topic
Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Playing SA, sometimes good glitches can occur that enable a player  to beat certain missions without effort.  

1. I was stuck on "Wrong Side of the Tracks" for months. But I had done all the gang tags that gave Grove Street members MP5s. One day, Grove Street was hanging around near Big Smoke's house in Balla territory and when I started the mission, for some reason game treated Big Smoke as ordinary Grove Street gangster, swapping his Tec9 with MP5. Smoke killed the Vagos before train reached the white motel.

2. In Badlands mission where you are supposed to kill the guy in witness protection and take a photo, I blew up the guy's car. He took off running on foot and fell to his death when he went over the cliffs (commited suicide lol). I didn't have to hurt the guy at all since he fell off the cliff, all I had to do was take a photograph and it was mission passed,

3. In Jizzy's mission where you have to chase and kill the preacher, when he reached the city hall area, he went too fast and his limo went upside down, bursting into flames and exploding. Again, I didn't have to do anything except to deal with his security.

Do you have any similar experiences?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 2 weeks ago.

Life's a Beach: start the mission and recruit nearby grove member from the beach area then try to enter the van.

You will be locked out but grove member will get in, do it many times so he stays in and start backing away from van looking at the grove member in the van and with enough distance backed away shoot him or if he still followed you but left door open its even easier

• Jeansowaty likes this

Ray Carter
  • Ray Carter

Lawman

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ray Carter, 2 weeks ago.

During the mission Running Dog, The Vago that Carl had to chase down was hit by a passing train when he crossed the tracks.

Another interesting method. During Pier 69, You're given a Sniper Rifle to protect the Triads, but later on you're instructed to chase after Ryder. It's pretty obvious that many people would simply use the Sniper Rifle they already had to kill Ryder before he reaches the boats.

• Gunnalingus likes this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago

3. In Jizzy's mission where you have to chase and kill the preacher, when he reached the city hall area, he went too fast and his limo went upside down, bursting into flames and exploding. Again, I didn't have to do anything except to deal with his security.

He always seems to do that, unless you force him not to crash into the fountain (or whatever it was). I guess it's unintentional, but certainly makes that mission a cakewalk if you're out of bullets for the SMG.

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

In Jizzy I used a Sniper rifle to kill the driver of the Stretch once and then drove the Stretch into the water, which killed the hooker and the preacher.

Crestfallen
  • Crestfallen

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Crestfallen, 2 weeks ago.

• Nines and AK's: Start the mission and drive to Emmet's as instructed. Instead of shooting the Tampa's fuel tank to destroy it, use CJ's body to push the Tampa out of Emmet's yard and into the street. Once you've done that, use a vehicle to push the Tampa all the way into the beach and submerge it deep enough. When you do this, you will pass the mission because when a vehicle is submerged in deep water, the game will then identify that vehicle as destroyed. Also, doing this method will allow you to get the Full Immune (Bulletproof, Fireproof, Explosionproof, Crashproof, and Meleeproof at the same time) Tampa which you can only get in this mission and save it into one of your garages.
  • Wrong Side of the Tracks: Grab a sniper beforehand which can be found at the top of Jefferson Hospital then start the mission. Once the chase begins, drive ahead of the train but not so far ahead that Smoke will say his legendary dialog and the mission then will fail. Once you've driven ahead of the train, get off the bike, take out your sniper, then snipe the train driver out. Once you've done that, use any long-ranged weapon (M4, AK47, Minigun, Sniper) to eliminate all the Vagos on the train. By the way, even if you have sniped the train driver out, don't run too close to the train or else the train will continue moving, which is weird because the train driver is already dead. This is one of the methods I personally use which, in the end, makes the mission easier and less time-consuming. There are other methods of finishing this mission easier, but I find this method comfortable.
  • Mike Toreno: Do the mission like you'd normally do up until you have to destroy the Burrito. Once you're instructed to destroy the Burrito, immediately push the Burrito out of Toreno and Mendez's sight so that they'd stop shooting at the Burrito. Once done, grab the Stretch that was provided for you and use it to push the Burrito out of the airport and all the way into Ocean Flats. Once there, submerge the Burrito into the water deep enough for the game to identify it as destroyed and you will then get a 3-star wanted level. Just pick up a couple of bribes to lose the wanted level. After losing the cops, if you wish, go back to where you dunked the Burrito, get it out of the water, then push it to Hashbury safehouse garage to keep the Burrito (if you wish). After that, simply jack a 4-door vehicle and go back to the airport to pick up the guys and finish the mission. I use this method because I personally keep the Burrito from this mission for the fact that the Burrito was provided a yellow color, which is unique for the vehicle as you can't mod it in any of the modding garages, except by using the UC conversion tricks.
  • Ice Cold Killa: Start the mission and as instructed, go to Jizzy's Pleasure Domes. Once arrived, you will see two Unique-Colored Black Stretches and a Broadway. If you wish, you can jack any of the parked Stretches and save it into one of your garages (I personally do this because I collect special vehicles). After that, destroy the Broadway by either using a weapon or by using CJ's body to push the Broadway into the water. After that, as instructed, get in the Pleasure Domes using the skylight. Once you're inside, kill anyone who gets in your way then make your way out of the Dome. Now, once you're outside, since you've destroyed Jizzy's Broadway, it will then result into an alternative cutscene where Jizzy will jack a Unique-Colored Green Pizza Boy. Now, if you wish to keep the Pizza Boy as it has a unique green color, just knock him off the Pizza Boy, retrieve the phone and finish the mission, then drive the Pizza Boy back to a garage. If not, simply perform a drive-by at him.
  • High Noon: Get to Las Brujas with a jetpack. Once there, take off the jetpack by the cemetery gates then start the mission. After the cutscene is done, once you've placed the jetpack in the right place, you'll have it immediately equipped. Use it to beat Pulaski ahead and jack his Buffalo. Make sure you let CJ close the door or else Pulaski will be able to pull him out of the car. Once you've done that, immediately drive the Buffalo into the water and submerge it. After that, get out of the car and lure Pulaski towards you by shooting him with a long-ranged weapon once. Once done, lure Pulaski into the water and be careful as you do this because Pulaski has a very accurate aiming and is equipped with a Desert Eagle. If done correctly, Pulaski would have then jumped into the water just to drown himself, hence passing the mission. If you want, you can also keep Pulaski's Full Immune Buffalo by pushing it out of the water and driving it into the Airstrip Garage.

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Fooking, 2 weeks ago.

I use this method because I personally keep the Burrito from this mission for the fact that the Burrito was provided a yellow color, which is unique for the vehicle as you can't mod it in any of the modding garages.

You're welcome :^:

Btw, High Noon is the mission with Pulaski, not Misappropriation.

Crestfallen
  • Crestfallen

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Crestfallen, 2 weeks ago.

You're welcome :^:

Thank you, but I'm already aware of the UC/Mutant conversions using 0MO and Mountain Cloud Boys.

Btw, High Noon is the mission with Pulaski, not Misappropriation.

Oh yeah, thanks for correcting me. I usually confuse these two missions just because of the Buffalo. :)

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

Although Misappropriation also has an Allproof Buffalo :D

Speaking of that, to keep it on topic I usually take a Tractor to the mission and then pass it using the Tractor, and then I tow the AP Buffalo to a garage.

Ryder 12
  • Ryder 12

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Wrong side of the tracks. The train hits me and somehow i end up ontop of the train. Popped the vagos jumped off and picked up smoke.
  • lil weasel likes this

Crestfallen
  • Crestfallen

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Although Misappropriation also has an Allproof Buffalo :D

Speaking of that, to keep it on topic I usually take a Tractor to the mission and then pass it using the Tractor, and then I tow the AP Buffalo to a garage.

Yeah, but I prefer getting the FI Buffalo from High Noon since it's also UC2, albeit invisible.

On Topic: Another mission I'd mention is Outrider. Do the mission the usual way you'd do it up until you have to take down the first roadblock. Instead of actually using weapons provided for you to destroy them, you can also throw a satchel charge to all the goons waiting for you. They will just stand there aiming their guns at you. They'll only attack you if you attack them first.

BLADE_San_Andreas
  • BLADE_San_Andreas

Vice City Grade A Lunatic

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by BLADE_San_Andreas, 2 weeks ago.

During Amphibious Assault i used to climb rocks instead of diving

EDIT: Also during High Noon i used a minigun and flipped pulaski's car and he exploded

• lil weasel likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users