Times you've cried during a Videogame

72 replies to this topic
anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

When I was young, for CS:S, crying like a bitch because of losing.
  • Davo the Assassin, Niobium, Fallcreek and 1 other like this

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:30 PM Edited by Candy_Licker, 11 July 2017 - 06:32 PM.

Mafia for me as well, TWD and TLOU beginning, Khalid dying in BG2, Jade Cocoon petrified village and I'm sure there's tons more as I'm a huge crybaby.

Khalid? Boy was I glad when he died (except for Jaheira) Dynaheir was more of a loss

I never cried during a game, but not because I wanted to pride over my masculinity and all that cliché sh*t. Is mainly because I never found a story in which I could feel identified enough with the characters. I'm not too much of a "traditional gamer" anyway, as I'm currently being driven away from traditional games with storyline, levels and bosses.

On the other hand, several songs give me goosebumps sometimes when I listen to them.

Same. But I can't even cry in This Is Us with it's sweet sentimentality, and I like the show and the characters.

RDR was great with the goosebumps. The tragic end really moved me as much as a videogame could. But the scene going to Mexico with the song and especially the one where you ride back down from the mountain as you killed you know who.... wow that was goosebumps.

I'm more the melancholic guy who reflects silently what he's seen, instead of crying.

I got really melanholic in Witcher simply because it's such a wonderful game, feeling sad because it would finish sometime. Slightly offtopic now but I often have this feeling when a beloved tv series/games ends.
In tv shows, I sometimes can't even watch the final episodes when I do a rerun, and that's as close as crying as it gets for me.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:34 PM

The moment were snake shoots and the moment Otacon talks about him as being in the past....first time i came at that part...man...being a follower of the series in general since mgs1....that was sad.

• Fallcreek and Vertighost like this

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

Space Marine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

Never did

• Payne Killer, SmokesWithCigs and Actlikeyouknow like this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:50 PM Edited by ΣΓ, 11 July 2017 - 08:52 PM.

I got a few tears in my eyes when I watched one of the clips from Quantum Break. Burke (one of the good guys in the game) confesses to his wife that he did some terrible things because of his job (~21:00). The emotional part is when he said "if you will just let me protect you one last time". It's a powerful moment for guys who know what it's like to really love a woman and that means that you would do everything in your power to protect her.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:22 AM Edited by Stormingz, 12 July 2017 - 02:22 AM.

I've only ever come close to tears, never cried, nonetheless Dom's death in Gears of War 3, got me a lil' teary.

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

that was like 20 years ago when aeris died in FF7 :(

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:57 AM Edited by thatstupidbug, 12 July 2017 - 11:57 AM.

Saints row THE THIRD  ... "what happened to my favourite series???? YOU MONSTERS!!!"

11-30-2011_17.jpg

• We Are Ninja, Pedinhuh and Actlikeyouknow like this

HeistsActivist
  • HeistsActivist

Heists 2.0 Supporter and Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:23 AM

Trevors death in GTA V and Trevors drugs getting seized in Series A made me frown. Cant think of any others right now but damn are there hella spoilers in this thread

• yungsmokex and SmokesWithCigs like this

Vaulttec
  • Vaulttec

Vault Dweller

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:30 AM

As many others have said the last of us made me cry when Sarah is shot and killed by the marine was heartbreaking. Also the alternate reality timeline in life is strange made me tear up as well.

ZillKentornoes
  • ZillKentornoes

I❤ LC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

Never cried from a game but Shadow of the Colossus nearly had me in my feelings. Beautiful game

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:52 PM

Never cried from a game but Shadow of the Colossus nearly had me in my feelings. Beautiful game

This. Thinking that you are doing a good deed by killing the Collossi to bring back your girlfriend but by the time you get to the ending, you find out you were not doing good deeds. As others have mentioned, John Marston's death in RDR. I never actually shed a tear but I got choked up when he was killed. But boy, did it feel good to finally kill Edgar Ross. Been wanting to ice him since the moment we first meet him. Also, The Witcher 3. My god that game really gets you invested into the story at an emotional level. Shadow of Colluses, Red Dead Redemption, and The Witcher 3 are my top three favorite games ever because of their stories are magnificent. They are all masterpieces in my opinion.
  • Gold-NBayse likes this

JF Prodigy
  • JF Prodigy

(눈_눈)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:12 AM

Beating GTA IV for the first time after 200 hours in 2010.

The ending in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness after you are erased from time after defeating Dialga. Seeing my partner learn to be brave on their own was what made me fight the tears.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

Ah yes I almsost forgot about Valiant Hearts. It was free for psplus users I think. Finally a game not about badass war superheroes but actual people stuck in a war. Didn't make me cry but it was emotional.

Yeah, throughout the game there are some sad moments, but nothing that got the ol' waterworks going. But for some reason the ending, with the music and the monologue, always gets to me. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

Last of Us intro gets me teary and choked up, but not full on crying. 

RDR got me pretty emotional at points too, but not crying. 

The only thing that's made me cry in the last couple of years was the second trailer for The Force Awakens, but I was ripped to the tits on sedatives as I'd had an operation a few hours before. 

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:03 PM Edited by Journey_95, 21 July 2017 - 06:04 PM.

I didn't cry but Mordin and Anderson's deaths in Mass Effect 3 were sad as hell. ME3 gets a lot of flak but it absolutely nailed the emotional moments (and its a great game overall, apart from the ending).

Marston's death in RDR, that was executed so well too. 

Anyway regarding LiS, maybe I should give it another chance? The dialogue was just so cringeworthy that I never bothered to play it after Episode 1

• HaythamKenway likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:48 PM

I wish they didn't cut Anderson's speech in the released game. The full version might be a bit cheesy, but goddamnit, they've earned that melodrama by that point. The last goodbyes you exchange with your squadmates in London also always choke me up. The whole mission is a let down, but the interlude at the base before the final push is one of the series' strongest sequences.

But the biggest tearjerker in the whole game is, for me, Thane's farewell in the hospital.

No shame in admitting that ME3 soared every once in a while too.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:37 AM

Trevors death in GTA V 

I cried for a different reason. Not out of sadness, but out of joy that such a sh*t and poorly written character finally got what he deserved.:p

HeistsActivist
  • HeistsActivist

Heists 2.0 Supporter and Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:08 PM

Trevors death in GTA V 

I cried for a different reason. Not out of sadness, but out of joy that such a sh*t and poorly written character finally got what he deserved. :p

Trevors death in GTA V 

I cried for a different reason. Not out of sadness, but out of joy that such a sh*t and poorly written character finally got what he deserved. :p

Schweinehund!

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 2 weeks ago

I cried in gta 4's ending.
And also cried in Assassin's Creed 2 because of clunky and trash parkour mechanics.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

Which one? Revenge? Deal? Both?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Mafia for me as well, TWD and TLOU beginning, Khalid dying in BG2, Jade Cocoon petrified village and I'm sure there's tons more as I'm a huge crybaby.

Khalid? Boy was I glad when he died (except for Jaheira) Dynaheir was more of a loss

I was glad Khalid died don't get me wrong, but Jaheira's response to it was sad.

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 2 weeks ago

Which one? Revenge? Deal? Both?

Deal...It is more dramatic and just couldn't hold my tears

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't think I've full-on cried during a game, but Overwatch definitely got my eyes heavy when learning of Widowmaker's heartbreaking backstory, and just imagining how much guilt Amélie would have to go through should she regain herself. If it does happen, it'll be one of the most moving story arcs in games.

Her backstory, in case you didn't know.

Spoiler

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't recall any game making me cry, but I certainly remember the feeling of being moved emotionally when CJ confronts Big Smoke in the last mission that still sears my heart. 

CJ: Smoke you had a...
Smoke: I made it CJ, I'm a success! I CAN'T BE TOUCHED. I don't give a f*ck. f*ck the whole world.
CJ: What happened to you, man?
Smoke: Man, what the f*ck do you care? Guess we better do this sh*t then...
CJ: Hey, Smoke, what made you flip out like that man? Was it the drugs or what?
Smoke: I got caught up in the money, the power... I don't give a sh*t, ohhhh f*ck man!
CJ: Why didn't you just quit man? We was like family, homie.
Smoke: I had no choice, I had to do it. I just see the opportunity. When I'm gone, everyone's gonna remember my name, BIG SMOKE!
(Smoke dies.)
CJ: Damn man, what a waste!

There was quiet sadness when I realized that CJ had to kill Smoke.

Same goes for Mafia 1 - Scenes like Tommy deciding to let Frank leave with his family, Tommy going to Paulie's house and finding him dead, and the sad ending...
What an outstanding game!!! They don't make games like GTA SA, and Mafia 1 nowadays. 

DarksunDaFirst
  • DarksunDaFirst

High Elder of the UnSeelie Court

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

the ending of Valiant Hearts: The Great War

simple game, great story...refuse to replay it because I don't want to dilute the experience

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not cried but the onion ninjas were spitting in my eye when I saw the Ori and the Will of the Wisps trailer at E3.

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

"It can't be that difficult"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nevaaar, a man doesn't cry! Except the time in Life is Strange when

Spoiler

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I'm far too masculine to "cry", but someone in the house was cutting all the onions during...

Nier Automata when:

Spoiler

Spec Ops: The Line when:

Spoiler

Saints Row 2 when:

Spoiler
  • fashion and JF Prodigy like this

JF Prodigy
  • JF Prodigy

(눈_눈)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I cried after "Salting the Earth" in Saints Row 1 because I thought I had to start the game over afterwards.

• We Are Ninja likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users