Times you've cried during a Videogame

72 replies to this topic
Videogames888
  • Videogames888

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

Don't be shy, everyone has at least shed a few tears because of a certain video game. Whether it be due to nostalgia or pure fine writing, video games can often catch us off guard and bring even the strongest man to tears. Use this thread to man up and confess times a game made you cry.

For me, the last few chapters of episode 5 of The Walking Dead Telltale game made my eyes water a bit, then came the ending where I basically bawled my eyes out. Anyone who played the game knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Such an emotional rollercoaster of a game. What about you?
  • Vertighost, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and Actlikeyouknow like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

I definetly agree on TWD season one. It was so horrifyingly sad like in a 10/10 hollywood drama. Game actually made me a fan of the TV series, if you enjoyed the game and haven't seen it on TV yet, I can recommend checking it out. Be warned, the show has it's ups and downs. It can get boring and has filler episodes in-between but the moments where people die are the best and have the same tension and emotional inpact as the game's finale.

Nier Automata made me depressed throughout the whole game and there were actually two moments that made me cry a little. The first one was the saddest moment I've seen in gaming and the other was a small tear of happiness. Automata indirectly breaks the fourth wall and strikes you right in the heart and your mind if you really think about what the game's trying to tell you.
  • We Are Ninja and Actlikeyouknow like this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:17 AM

Only one game has really got me crying, and that is Mother 3. Don't let its cutesy appearance fool you. That game is f*cking grueling. To name just one example, without giving anything away, it's the whole final boss and ending. Just... damn. I was in a funk for the rest of the day. And it's a good thing I was home alone, because we're talking ugly crying here.

• HaythamKenway and Actlikeyouknow like this

SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:28 AM

I have never cried over a game from an emotional standpoint, but Roman Bellic and John Marston's deaths choked me up a bit, especially Roman with him being such an innocent & likeable character mixed in with Niko's reaction, so that would be the closest.

• Gunnalingus, Journey_95, Vertighost and 4 others like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

DONT YOU WANT A 🅱ALLOON???

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:56 AM

I choked up a bit at inFAMOUS 2 good ending but i never shed a tear at a game.
  • GTAKid667, Payne Killer, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 1 other like this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:11 AM

The only times I've become emotional is when I want to chuck the controller threw the TV due to BS moments in a game.

Playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on veteran difficulty was not fun.
  • SmokesWithCigs and Actlikeyouknow like this

CrisPK
  • CrisPK

Standalone Shadow

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:42 AM

Someone know Life is Strange. Ending was so awesome, whole game was awesome. Everyone who I know play this game, have cried at the end... ;(
  • GTAKid667, Kirsty, Mitsuha and 4 others like this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:52 AM

No nostalgic reasons here.

First time I played Mafia 1 (City of Lost Heaven) made me  cry alot. Even in 2nd and 3rd playthroughs when I had not played for a long time. This game and events in it seem/feel so real. The time Tommy spares the life of a prostitute in hotel and later lets Frank along with his wife and kids flee the country and even later when you learn that the people whose lives you spared were tracked down and killed regardless and when Tommy himself gets shot dead in front of his house "message from mr Salieri". Oh yeah, and I also cried like crazy when Paulie got killed after the bank job. I really loved the character.

i also cried when playing Max Payne 1. I truly felt sorry for him. His nightmare interludes really messed with my head, messed with my own sanity even.

Coming back to Mafia, the part where Vito's mother dies while he's in prison (Mafia 2) made me cry.

Then I remember crying alot when playing Call of Juarez Bound in Blood - the music was just so beautiful. In some missions it was downright melancholy.  Brought back some memories of my own relationship with my brother and lost love.

• Fireman, CrisPK, Payne Killer and 4 others like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:19 AM

Never cried on video games.

But my manly tears made my eyes wet in the event of Fallout 4's Blind Betrayal.

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:54 AM

There's only one game I've ever truly teared up at.

Was playing through The Last of Us a week after it came out with my friend and that first scene where the daughter gets shot and her dad's disbelief after it happening legit send shivers down both our spines. I've never felt an urge to cry from a video game scene EVER besides this one.

Classic in every sense of the word. Good god.
  • Journey_95, yungsmokex, Vertighost and 1 other like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:16 AM

As a kid, I'd always cry whenever I couldn't pass a game, lol. The Army Men Sarge's Heroes series always did that to me.
  • Payne Killer likes this

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

The usual suspects for me - The Last of Us, Journey, RIME

• yungsmokex and Vertighost like this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

Mafia for me as well, TWD and TLOU beginning, Khalid dying in BG2, Jade Cocoon petrified village and I'm sure there's tons more as I'm a huge crybaby. 

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

Think I cried when my da beat me at Micro Machines as a kid.. at least that's how they tell the story.

There's a reason I'm such a try-hard now.  :monocle:

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:40 PM

Never bursted out crying, but Max's decision in Life Is Strange during the alternative reality to pull Chloe's life support choked me up. Than again the whole game is a roller coaster of emotions. Whether it's to make you laugh or cry.

An honourable mention goes to the ending of The Walking Dead season 1 also for tugging at the heart strings.
  • Davo the Assassin, Wu-Tang Forever, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 3 others like this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

I get easily choked up/lump in throat at any emotional/touching cutscenes, no matter what game it is. The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, Horizon Zero Dawn are notable recent ones I can remember right now.

I cried floods with Life is Strange though, now that was heartbreaking and even the soundtrack still gets me all emotional  :catspider: Heard a lot about the sadness in The Walking Dead so I'm keen to play that game.

• Davo the Assassin, Algonquin Assassin, Fallcreek and 3 others like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

I'v never cried because of a video game. Like I can go ''holy sh*t this is super sad'' and what have you but no game has actively made me cry. Came close during a certain scene from The Witcher 3; people who have played the game probably know what i'm talking about.

On a related note, in Bastion you acquire a pet early on in the game and it can die later on if you don't do a certain thing and that left me super depressed several hours after beating it.

• yungsmokex likes this

Gold-NBayse
  • Gold-NBayse

Busta till the end

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

I'm going to put my stuff in spoilers just in case anyone is playing these games or planning on playing them.

Nier: Automata

Spoiler

Persona 5

Spoiler

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:56 PM Edited by Donatello, 06 July 2017 - 06:35 PM.

Sun Ce's death in DW7.
Especially his last words to Sun Quan.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

I won't lie, the music at the end of Far Cry 4 really brought a lump to my throat.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Killing some f*cking Deadbeats!

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:07 PM

Close to tears when, quite obviously in RDR,

Spoiler
Then there's that mysterious man
Spoiler
So yeah, in all it took a while to really get back into the swing of the 100% completion.

• Actlikeyouknow likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:09 PM

I shed many a tear in my time.

I teared up at the end of Max Payne 3, when he's walking along that beach, overlooking the sunset. I really resonated with Max in that game.

I straight up cried during the ending of The Walking Dead S1, but I think that's kind of par for the course here lol.

Life is Strange also, when you go with Chloe's wish. Listening to Foals and watching the montage of clips after that. It got to me.

I teared up a bit during Red Dead Redemption's ending, but I was mostly in shock.

Silent Hill 2 really hit me hard, especially during the ending when Mary's reading her letter to James.

Mass Effect 3 also. Twice as I recall. One during the ending of The Citadel DLC. (Such a masterpiece, I never wanted it to end.) Then, the actual ending. I was so invested in the story, and into the characters. It sucked that it had to end lol. The music, and all that stuff. So good.

• Algonquin Assassin, Kirsty, Journey_95 and 3 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

Heard a lot about the sadness in The Walking Dead so I'm keen to play that game.

You definitely should Kirsty.:)

IMO the first season is more emotional mostly because of the bond Lee and Clementine share and I feel some of the character deaths are more heart breaking than in the other two seasons.

• Kirsty, Fallcreek and Actlikeyouknow like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:44 AM

Close to tears when, quite obviously in RDR,

Spoiler
Then there's that mysterious man
Spoiler
So yeah, in all it took a while to really get back into the swing of the 100% completion.

I had one problem with that scene:

Spoiler

Mitsuha
  • Mitsuha

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Back when I was 9 years old, I shed a tear in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team during the first part of the storyline. It hit me when I was a kid. Couldn't really remember why tbh.

Choked up on Life Is Strange, when alternative reality Chloe wants her wish to be fulfilled (I didn't grant her wish though)

I also legit cried during Narcissu, a visual novel I found on Steam. The soundtrack is really great too. Although it isn't really a game since you just get to read dialogues by clicking and clicking. 

header.jpg?t=1478564056

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

♡ Thicc Polish Wife ♡

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:30 AM

Walking Dead Season 1

Spoiler

Persona 3

Spoiler

Resident Evil 2

Spoiler

Life is Strange

Spoiler

Persona 4 Golden

Spoiler

Mortal Kombat 9

Spoiler

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

Proti všem tyranům, pro boha a zemi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Red Dead Redemption and TWD S1's Endings.

• Vertighost likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:48 PM Edited by Matrelith, 11 July 2017 - 01:49 PM.

Certain moments in gaming make me choke up (The Last of Us' prologue comes to mind), but the only time (two times as I cried both times that I played it) that I actually genuinely cried was the ending of Valiant Hearts: The Great War. Don't let the cartoony style fool you, that game punches you in the gut at the end really f*cking hard. To this day one of the (if not the) best games about war.

• Vertighost likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:06 PM Edited by fashion, 11 July 2017 - 02:07 PM.

Ah yes I almsost forgot about Valiant Hearts. It was free for psplus users I think. Finally a game not about badass war superheroes but actual people stuck in a war. Didn't make me cry but it was emotional.

Nico
  • Nico

Gotta compete with the wily Japanese

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:18 PM Edited by Nico, 11 July 2017 - 02:21 PM.

I never cried during a game, but not because I wanted to pride over my masculinity and all that cliché sh*t. Is mainly because I never found a story in which I could feel identified enough with the characters. I'm not too much of a "traditional gamer" anyway, as I'm currently being driven away from traditional games with storyline, levels and bosses.

On the other hand, several songs give me goosebumps sometimes when I listen to them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users